(2008/11) November 2008

XIAAAAN AH!!!! Starting work in a few hours time!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop4stuff
most of the resources I know are for bfeeding but if you wanna know the formula intake for ur bb, try this link:
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/start/prepare/bfcostbenefits.html#table2

Dymples
did you try the mon petite nursing poncho from etoile's BP? it is really thin -- much better/airier than the other brands i bought but with more coverage for mommies.

Haru
if you are not in a rush, pm me your address, i will send you 2 pieces of petpet size m to sample. I really like it.. cheap and good!! i think ntuc got promo so it'd be 11cents per piece only (if my maths is correct! hahaha) Meantime take care and hope yours hubs get well soon!

Welcome jeannette! I am pam, mother of 1 bb girl =)) and i am a shopperholic! ahahhaha

blessed11/shop4stuff
I gave in and bought the excersaucer for her. hope she will like it (n not get a fractured femur *touch wood*) If they are selling it cheaper at the Taka Baby fair i will vomit blood!

Taka baby fair
Any idea if they give discounts for the avent baby monitors at the fair?
 


Dymples
my boobies also one big one small ... Read online that usu mommies right breast will be smaller cos if you are right handed you will prefer to feed on ur left. But I fed almost exclusively on my right so it's much bigger than my left. So wierd... so now i am trying to "balance" it out by feeding her more & pumping on my left! hahahaha
 
Sorry for the simultaneous posting. Have a quick question abt Frozen Breast Milk.

My frozen EBM tastes funny!! a bit metallic/fishy.. my fresh EBM usually tastes a bit sweet. Anyone has the same problem!?
 
kao_welcome.gif
Jeanette.
Like to tell us more of yourself? I'm a SAHM wz 3 princesses - 7-yrs, 5-yrs and bb #3 at 3+ mths. Like Pam, I'm a shopaholic too... but cos I'm a tight budget, I love looking for BP's and sprees to join in. heheheh...

<font color="ff0066"> Pamela</font>
I juz got the mon petite poncho too. Hv not used it yet. But agree wz you tat the material is lighter then other ponchos. oohhh.. your boobies also lopsided. Me too... now trying to feed bb more on the smaller side. Hope to even out the size somewhat leh. Cos when my boobs are engorged, the size diff is rather obvious lor. Even my mom noticed it. sianz... so demoralising to hv lopsided breasts. *sob-sob*
 
Mummies' chill out:

1. Peanut (ok with any Fri/Sat as long planned in advance)
2. Jo (this fri)
3. Shop4stuffs
4. Sabre
5. Maria
 
Hi all,

Where is the chill out going to be?

Also, anyone staying in compassvale interested in massage? I just had one last sat at the comfort of my home with friend's recommendation (she only does house calls at compassvale at $10 extra...otherwise can go to her house.).....1hr massage only $48. She's quite good! If you are interested , let me know and I can pass you the contact.

Babyzel: Thanks! I got my electric yaolan...unfortunately bb still doesn't quite like to sleep in it. Still fussy before sleepign each night. he sleeps especially well when carried in my arms. sigh.

Pamela: Erm...i dont taste my milk leh.
 
Gd Morning mummies!

Got a question: Do you feed your babies the expressed BM if it has got blood in it?

I was expressing late last night and didn't notice the milk was turing pink, think i had a cracked nipple or the blister broke so milk + blood all mixed together. I kept the milk in the freezer anyway cos i can't decide if it's safe for the baby to take it. I figured if i had latched her on, i wouldn't have known that i was bleeding and she would have taken in the blood and milk together as well. But the more i thought about it, the more uncomfortable i am...can the milk still be consumed?
 
Waterbaby
eer.. i ever read not to feed them if milk got blood lei.. But remm long time ago when i went to my fren's bb shower saw her milk also pinkish and she go ahead let bb drink tsk tsk.. But u're right lor, if direct latch on and bleeding wil stil feed bb without knowing.. Lets hear wat other mommies say

Fruche
come join us! take a break from the baby tsk tsk tsk.. Havent decide on the place but if all ok with clubbing then more fun.. can dance mah hehee...
 
Mummies' chill out:

1. Peanut (ok with any Fri/Sat as long planned in advance)
2. Jo (this fri)
3. Shop4stuffs
4. Sabre (Both also can)
5. Maria
 
Dymples,
After my #1 my boobs was 1 big 1 small lor.. Cause that time I tend to BF more on 1 side. So when I had #2, I try to feed more on the other side. Now balanced liao...

So good lor, you have 3 girls..I wan to have girl but try and try always only boy boy.. Now my hope is all on the next one liao lor..

Blessed11,
More ladies are having kids at ur age la, I'm considered too young liao.. hahhaa....
 
gd morning mummies..

so many posts over the weekend.. i have been trying to catch up the whole morning...

still haven finish the breast talk til wanna talk about it on FRIDAY?? haha

weight loss>
i tink BF really do the miracle.. i am now aready back to pre preggie wt or maybe slightly lighter by 1kg.. =)

shop4stuffs> i look like one cheongster?!? infact i am like babyzel.. usually only go on occasions. Looks will deceive! haha.. anyway if hb gg to work late or ENT, i will join u gals.. cant confirm now yet ^_^ really damn sianz if i gotta wait at hme for him while he go "enjoy". lolz.

kash> dont be sad. virus around hard to avoid. u aready do ur best to take care both ur babies. they will recover soon. u take care too!
 
i use pampers comfort leh! so far stil alright to me leh. haha.. cos i tink maybe my boy seldom PS tat's y not much of problem using thinner diaper..

pam> not only ur baby drink little wor.. mine oso still drinking around 4oz 3hrly...
 
alibaba
hehehee.. if ur hubby go entertain then u go out to revenge ah? tsk tsk tsk.. aiyor.. he always go out late and leave u at home.. this time round ur turn to teeth return teeth lor.. hehee... i teach u bad ah..
 
Hi mummies,
lomg time never log in. Busy on another board - kiasuparents.com. Now that bb Emma is growing up well and strong, I have to concentrate on preparing megan for Pri 1. Kiasuparents.com has got alot of very good information for blur mummy like me. Apparently I am actualy quite late in my preparation work. Now I have to buck up and get meg up to speed.

Also over the weekend, my bro and SIL broke news to us that their baby is not doing well. My SIL is 19 wks pregnant and during their scan on Sat, the gynae found cysts in both fetus lungs. The whole family is very stressed abt it and all we can do is pray for a miracle and hope all the cysts will disapper by birth. If not baby will need to be operated after birth... so sian...

waterbaby,
When I had Megan and was pumping a lot, my nipple cracked and my expressed milk turned pink too. I threw it away as I was not too sure if the baby cld drink it. I have heard some ppl saying it's ok but also heard some ppl saying not ok as the blood may contaminate the milk. so to play safe I threw it away. Very heart pain but better be safe than sorry. So this time round I make sure I moisturize and air my nipple to keep it supple and not crack easily. Hope this helps
 
I am also in my 30s and having 1st child only. After the birth of my bb,my husband and i did regret a little that we didn't try for a bb earlier,so we wouldn't have to 'rush' to have the next one so soon before the mummy turns into an old hen.
 
Chillipadi:

Thanks for the advice
happy.gif
I very heartpain to throw the milk away cos my supply is not fantastic but that output was quite a good one so i will have to grit my teeth and throw that one away...
sad.gif
 
water baby> my sil ex kk nurse told me tat milk with blood can give immediately but not frozen one..
 
mummies who are working and latching, my gal oso rejected bottle 2 weeks b4 i started working... she only drink like 10 to 20ml every feed... when i started work the 1st 2 days... oso same... only drink like 50 or 60ml per feed... then i read somewhere they say try to give like 3.3 to 4 hrly instead.. then last week my mum tried... and my gal is able to finish her milk for most of her feed... each feed abt 120ml... but of coz everyday i reach home after work.. she'll oso drain both my breasts... and will wake up like 2 times in the night like 1am and 4am to drink.. she sleep quite early... like 7 to 8 pm...
 
waterbaby> dont throw yet. u see wat the rest say.. i tat time oso threw away my frozen one.. like u afraid cannot be consume den jus freeze it..

it's a GOOD WEATHER to stay home SNOOZE! rain so heavy.. &amp; yday i jus washed my car!! raining now... -__-" my poor car is now under the rain... no shelter..
 
Sabre,
Are you those who stand on the table and dance one? Lol.
I find those gals who stand on the table and dance one ... really HIGH!

BTW,
I dun dance leh. I like to go there drink drink enjoy music/liveband. My hb says I'm like a bamboo pole like tat ... still .. dun move de.

amore,
10-20ml to 50-70ml really little eh. Maybe ur gal sensed that you are not ard so she dun want to drink.
 
Juz touched down tis morning... very tired siah..!! jetlag.....!!

Mummies' chill out:

1. Peanut (ok with any Fri/Sat as long planned in advance)
2. Jo (this fri)
3. Shop4stuffs
4. Sabre (Both also can)
5. Maria
6. Zeal (both ok)

hehe, but me old mummy only drink &amp; listen to music.. dun dance leh. ok bo? LOL :p
 
Afternoon mummies,

Kash,
Again, dun feel bad about yourself, u are a great mummy already, need to take care of both of them and doing the household chores! Hope both of ur darling will recover soon!

Pamela,
Frozen milk have the metallic/fishy smell de.. And some babeies will reject frozen milk bcos of the strong smell. My #1 also reject frozen milk now, wanted the freshly squeezed wan!

RE: Boobs
Frankly, our boobs definetely will become shrink after u stop bf! I am one of the example.. Boobs bcome shrink and saggy after i stop bf my #1 for 8mths.. Like grandma one lor, saggy.. But i used to it liao, wear maximiser when go out and at night off the light la.. keke

RE: Mummy's chill out
Can i check, wat time huh roughly?
Dunno how many years didnt go cheong liao..
 
mm me using Pampers but finds it ok leh.. mm, strange. Doesnt leak, but when use in US, cold temperature, then it feels a bit wet altho its not leaking. We went to check the prices, diapers are more expensive in USA than Sg. Wondering if we should stock up and bring over haha... since a lot of space to ship.

yoyosan, will check thanks! but hor, think i mail it tmr.. a bit shag now. will email u tmr once done
happy.gif
 
Pam - yepp its normal i think.. my frozen EBM also got fishy and metalic smell sometimes. fresh ones are sweet too.

Waterbaby - the return leg is shorter than the going there flight, so much easier to handle. but my bibi didnt like the bassinet on tis return leg flight.. so it was nice to hav a passenger seat for bibi. Maybe u can try ask for one, in case ur bibi is like mine.
happy.gif
 
Back to work liao!
Althou feel reluctant to leave bb but somehow I suddenly feel alive again.

Looking fwd to 5:30pm.. kekeke... Chiong back to see my little rascal.

Bear,
u gg Cairns for holiday???
 
Jo
v funny one lei, before marriage i can dance happily, aft marriage liao suddenly i feel v stiff on the dancefloor, like the bone wil crack if i move.. need to drink til a bit high high and got the right music then can b more relax hahaaa...

joyce
it depends on wat u al prefer.. disco or jus a place to sit down and drink. If clubbing then most likely 10pm ba cos music wil be nicer after this timing.. unless u gals wanna meet for dinner 1st then proceed to hav fun
 
yah... i jus realised.. BF cannot drink alcohol wor.. so far No 1. Peanut's ney neys already squeezed dry like a dessert so down a barrel of beer also can..
 
i tink can take alcohol but i forgot how many hrs later than can BF. mus check tis out.. no drink abit no shiok if go clubbing.. haha.. i did drink some during frens gathering.. but it's only beginning of the gathering later stage cannot cos gg home to pump liao. hahhaa...
 
Hi Mummies

many thanks for your concern. Brought both for PD review this morning... boy still wheezy...gal better. but to me, both are still so phelgmy and started on running nose. but no fever and no need to be on neubelizer now. PD said may take another week to fully recover. Have to see them again this friday. I think I spent $1K on both of them since this episode started coz we initially also bought alot of chinese med from EYS! PD advised me not to send my gal to her playgp for this week. hiaz...she missed so many lessons and has been asking me to bring her to class... poor thing...

waterbaby,

cannot give liao ur EBM..I also experienced blood in EBM abt 1 mth back... i called up LC to ask. LC said can feed if it is within 2 hrs. If more than that, cannot as milk contaminated.

haru

hope ur hb gets well soon.

peanut, alibaba

think better dun drink alcohol if still BFg..if really drink, perhaps the 1st express EBM throw away to play safe. So envious u ladies can go out to enjoy. I can't go anywhere without bringing 1 kid out. I have not even have the chance to go for my haircut! think have to wait till i go back to work and go for haircut during lunch break.

peanut

i more cham than u leh...have not step into any club since I got married! Pathetic rite! I used to go crazy over guest DJs from Europe when I was younger. Even drive up to KL clubs when those guest DJs tour SG coz KL clubs last time can dance till 6am.. now I dunno liao...totally out of touch! for u dancing mummy...check this out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnUtN13lLnA&amp;feature=related
 
Peanut: I know what you mean about being dry like desert. I feel like the sugar cane that has gone through the machine many many times everytime i latch my bb on...shrivelled up and droopy...
 
kash
my little rascal also start having runny nose and a bit of block nose now &amp; then.. wil monitor hope she doesn't get sick further or else wil be crankier!
Wah u were the real cheong bu lei.. kekeke... mind me asking? u in 70s or 80s?

waterbaby
wahaha.. ur description is funny one de lor.. aiyorz.. not afraid to tell u ah.. tink last time i squeeze my ney+nipple too hard until one of the nipples like drooping now lei.. diao diao one!! Is SB ugly one lor..
 
peanut,
I think I must drink until I see double image then I can b relax to dance. Lol.

joyce,
I also dunno how to dance lah .. later u all... juz like my hb say I look like bamboo pole there. Hehe.

Those bfing mummies,
Will order a bottle of Pokka green tea for u ... $5?
 
Jo
ahahaa...ok ok.. lets drink until we both having double vision then dance like crazy.. woo hoo..

For BF mums
read from website.. occasional moderate intake is stil ok and its best to wait ard 2hrs before u BF. But then again it depends on e mum, if you stil dun feel good taking, then better not =)
 
peanut,
u still bf-ing?

I'm so contradicting ... here say dunnoe how to dance .. there say must drink till almost drunk then know how to dance .. mummies reading my post must be throwing rotten eggs at mi!
 
Joooooooooooooo
me dry liao dry liao dry until dunoe wat liao.. wahahaa...
Wah who knows.. mayb e wild side of u is hidden somewher, waiting to explode..
 
Dear mummies, anyone missed me?? HOPE all mummies and babies are doing well!

Finally after nearing 4 months.. doctor say planning to send little L home.. either end of this week or early next week if his weight gain is constant, coz its always hovering that's why cannot go home. For the past few days, weight got gain grams by grams although not much at least no drop. But his poo still very watery...

Just now was learning from homecare nurse, becoz if he can go home, will need to rent the machine home coz little L is being fed milk via a tube going to his stomach. Earlier on the nurse taught me how to insert from nostril to stomach, quite scary but lucky little L didn't cry as jialat as I thought. I also need to learn the machine controls, feeding bag etc. I think I need more practise.

Although I hope he can be bottle feed, but if this way be better for him, guess for now make sure he is ok first ba.

Really been a emotionally and physically drained period of time.. coming to 4months soon.
 
Hi Enne
glad to hear he's finally given the green light to go home!!! Wher u staying?? I hope to visit baby if u feel ok abt it. But if u prefer to settle him down for some time before allowing visitors i totally understand =)
 
Kash:
OK! i will go home and throw that packet of milk away...heart pain.

Peanut:
You are so funny! I burst out laughing after reading your post. I don't mean to be rude :p But is it possible for it to droop permanently after you squeezed it? So unbelievable!
 


Hey Mummies
what a wet day!

<font color="0000ff">Enne</font>
Glad that yr little L can be home soon. It must be a great relief for U and yr family ya. I was at KKH ytd night thought of visiting U and bb L but I realised that I forgotten the ward and bed no. Take care and see U around in the forum.
 

Back
Top