(2008/11) November 2008

alibaba,
old ppl a little bit things will give pacifier to bb... sianz... my dad also.
Smtimes veri angry at my dad. Always act like he expert in baby.
But tink tink, maybe he love his grandchild v muchie so everything also give in. haiz...
 


Peanut: Yes he's got colic right from the start. But thought its getting better so stop giving him infacol for a while liao. maybe shld start again. sigh.
 
lilian, yah... she even ask me give him yaolan to slp when she heard tat bb dun wanna slp during the day... bb shld slp more then will grow faster.. ermmm mmm.. also duno wat to do.. for me, i have no intention to use all these leh. haha.. so jus listen & forget after tat.. unless really really bo bian. den consider.
 
lilian> dun worry too much. it might be a phase that bb on milk strike. My boy was on milk strike for 1 mth and he lost weight! he was drinking less than 300ml a day, sometimes even 200ml!
 
peanut> ya, i know but there's simply nothing i could do. imagine a bb drinking less than 300ml a day. scary right?

My boy is now on the normal curve. drinking 150ml every 4 hr for the last 10 days. I'm happy!

Now then i know my boy is the worst among the NOT DRINKING BABIES! hahhahaa.....
 
Peanut,
My bb also dun want pacifier, she want to suck her thumb. She knows how to close her fingers except for the thumb then put in the mouth.

Lilian/Alibaba,
Most likely your bb could be teething. My bb also like that and when I checked yeterday, 2 white little teeth rupting from her bottom gum. I feel with my finger, it is rough and a little sharpy so must likely they want to suck, chew something to ease the itchness.
 
snnowy
yah both me and mil suspect bb teeth coming out v soon. She now use jinfengsan apply on gums when she v cranky.. Tt time u al mentioning abt a teething gel? wat brand is that and wher to get
 
Fruche,
Ya, she had hit 3 months and is teething liao. Definietly much faster than jie jie who had her 1st teeth erupture only at 6 month 18 days.
 
Peanut,
Then most likely it is lor. I also use jinfengsan. Apply not only on the gum, on the tongue too. I did not use any teething gel, instead I read that freeze the ring teether (get those with water inside) and let them chew. Have 2 to switch. Once the one she chew is no longer cold, change it with the cold 1 and freeze the other 1.
 
karen,
I guess I shall remove the infant insert. He looks more comfortable in the carrier w/o the infant insert.

lilian,
I brought my son to see PD when he keep fuss. Spend $90+ & PD told mi this cld be his character or sensitive to milk and no medicine given.

vincy,
hope u n ur hb stay positive in him getting a job though it's not so easy nowadays. Imagine 100 pple apply for 1 position in this crisis time.

joyce,
100ml every 2.5-3hrly. And after he drink 50ml then he refused to drink liao. Juz now, havent start drinking he already refuse liao.

peanut,
if he dun drink much this time, might be possible that next feed he will drink all .. he also might refuse to drink after 10-20ml. Tried it before.

amooks,
your bb is not the worst. Think peanut, u and mi can bring our baby out and let them drink milk .. compete see whose bb winz the "BEST FUSSY FEEDING BABY" contest. Lol.

Since morning 6am till now, he has drank 300ml only and dunnoe abt 20-30ml has gone to the hanky.
When bottle teat in his mouth, sometimes he will try to push it away and put his fist in. Nowadays rather eat his fist then drink milk and suck pacifier.
And sometimes he BITES on the bottle teat and drools more nowadays, is that an indication of teething?
 
Jo> ya man, our babies are the terrible lot! how can drink less than 300ml a day? that's less than a can of drink! dun worry, ur bb already drank 300ml in 9 hours. we saw 3 different PDs and spent $160 per time without medicine and what's worst is no help at all! all they can tell me is that maybe this, maybe that! grr.r.r...
 
Jo> by the way, my baby has already resume his normal drinking behaviour 10 days ago. i hope it stays on. maybe you should really try baby tui na.
 
Abt shoes: tinystep has got limited stock and with their new order, they will increase price. So I'm going to place order already since no one else seems interested.
 
<font color="ff0066"> Vincy</font>
Oh dear... I pray tat your hub will find new job soon. But I also find it strange tat there is no legislation on the payment of retrenchment benefits. Actually hor... even though the EA is meant for people earning $2K and less educated, PMEB's still can approach MOM to seek redress. I know cos I've called them before to lodge a complain against an ex-company. From there, MOM will see what type of action they can help out wz. Try calling MOM and see how bah. *good luck*


<font color="ff0066"> Fifi</font>
No worries. If the 2nd drugstore spree doesn't go thru, can drop my order for the Fenugreek. I'll juz get it from GNC or Nature's Farm in SG then.


<font color="ff0066"> Beco Infant Insert</font>
I've not used it since I bot it cos I feel tat bb is sitting too high. Without the insert, at least her head got support wz-out me having to hold it, especially when she's sleeping. Btw, bb Janessa is now 6.06kg.


<font color="ff0066"> Drooling &amp; sucking on fingers</font>
Dun worry ladies... bb is unlikely to be teething as yet. Usually bb's start teething around 5th mth (although there are exceptions lah). BB's like to suck on their fingers cos they are exploring their world using their mouths at this stage. And currently... the nearest and easiest thing they can stuff into their mouths are their fingers. My bb also loves to suck her fingers. Sometimes can also stuff 1 whole fist in. So cute and funny. hehhehe...


<font color="ff0066"> Bb's fussing at night</font>
From past experience wz my 2 gals, I find tat bb's fuss at night and caanot sleep due to 2 main reasons. (1) Over stimulation during the day. Thus bb needs some "time-out" to wind down. Bb's start to fuss when they cannot wind down on their own and then get irritated. (2) They slept too much during the day. Therefore, they wanna keep awake abit more. Try to make sure your caregivers stick to bb's schedule/routine as much as possible to prevent such disruptions. JMO
 
RE: NUK teats

Mummy who are using NUK teats, do u sterilise the teats? If so, after sterilise the teats has a very strong rubber smell, dunno is it good for baby not.. mummy can share?
 
joyce
i using nuk latex pacifier and normally after wash, jus put into a glass of hot water and cover it up for ~5mins.. no smell like that. Mayb u shd try this jus for the teats
 
My MIL and I take turns feed my little rascal from 12+ till 4.30pm ... he keep fuss .. MIL ask mi give maid feed I thought sometimes he still will fuss. Jus now, I give up and ask maid to feed .. HE DRINK W/O STOPPING!

Gosh .. I really dunnoe what to do ... only wants maid. Whenever maid is within his sight, he will jus look at her only ... I carrying him .. call him he also dun bother.
 
Jo
sigh.. i understand how u feel.. i also feel like my gal no wan this mummy liao.. damn sad, carry them in tummy for so many mths and they turn against u wahhaaa...
But at least he drinks when ur maid feed.. u know she'll always be around for him until end of contract, and by then ur boy's feeding shd be solved liao
 
joyce,
Are you using the latex or silicone one?
I used nuk latex teat for the 1st mth.
If sterilised or boiled for too long,there is tis rubber smell and at times teat can turn white at some area. I have concern abt the smell and change to pigeon then.

Re: discharge and menses
These few days,i have white discharge. Does tat mean my menses is coming soon? Or is normal huh??I tout BF shld be dry dry de ley.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Fruche</font>
U still ordering the pediped? Sorry, just returned from Vivo, today BB 100th Day Bday.. hahahaa excuse to shop!
How much is shipping? i'm interested!
 
teenyweeny: yah i ordered already but if there's anything you want can add on. But do you need them urgently? if collect around end april can?
if can wait till end april, shipping not much cos i get friend to bring over.you go check out the website. very very limited sizes. but they hv other brands. i'm also getting shooshoos shoes.
happy.gif


wow you count the days....going to count mine now....
happy.gif
 
peanuts,
yah loh ... since birth ... most of the time he is with mi de ... only after CNY ... I went back work for 3 days then weekend then work for 2 days ...
If maid is within his sight, he will jus look at her wherever she goes till she is out of his sight .. I call him he also bo chap mi de lo.
 
*hugz peanut00 and cry together*

Was typing "peanut00" and reminds mi of the news I read yesterday .. this America News Reporter did not pronounce "peanuts" correctly and pronounce it as "penis" for two times and pple post this on youtube.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Fruche</font>
You are right, all the sizes very limited. The ones that i want all OSS. d-a-m-n.... guess i gotta give it a miss.. Thanks though! heee
happy.gif
 
Hello mummies,

very tired...bb feverish after vacination. fussing alot.

beco
so seems that most of us don't use the infant insert...

vincy, sorry to hear bout your hubby...

joyce, i sterilise them too but nope, no smell. am using the silicon teats though, &amp; the nuk steriliser...

dymples/shop4stuffs, ooh...i thought at night should not bath dd as cold, but guess it's alright!...hee.


Mummies, do you guys have ear themometer/ just the normal ones? Just a ques...thought of buying the ear themo. but ex.
 
Maria,
I wasnt willing to spend on a ear thermometer too. Fren asked what to buy for bb full mth last time ... and we told him to get a braun ear thermoscan. And we got it. hehe.
 
Babyfair at Expo
I'm thinking of going! Mommmies, refer to link for info on the promos there
http://imcms2.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/Documents/014/pdf/baby_festival_2009.pdf

Maria
I bought a ear thermometer from Braun.. but find it v difficult to use leh cos when the bb is crying n fussing, it's difficult to stick it into his ears. My PD said the normal "stick" thermometer would do just fine actually

Fifi &amp; Mummy Z, thanks for the info! Now I need to go buy freezer box. Where can i find dry ice --- or i just ask the concierge rite?

Kash
OMG, i didnt realise how expensive it'd be until you counted it out!! I just told my hubs last night we shld aim for 3!

Vincy
Oh dear -- i always thought it was mandatory for companies to give 1 month for 1 year of service. In any case, i wish you and your husband well. Some of my friends who have been retrenched managed to get jobs relatively quickly (1month).

Beco Insert
I must the only gong kia that uses the insert. No wonder my baby doesnt seem to like it that much! will try w/o it

Medela Breast Pump
Anyone using the Freestyle? Any feedback? I am currently using my friend's PIS but thought i shld invest in one for myself (esp since if i want 3 kids! hahaha).. Very tempted by the Freestyle but a bit heartpain about the price!
 
Re: Beco Insert
Am using it.

Re: Freestyle
Its very convenient. Buy from US at about $550 or so.

Re: Thermometer
I got the Braun ear thermometer from drugstore. Much cheaper than SG. More convenient than conventional coz baby wont wait for 1 min with a thermometer under the armpit.
 
RE: COMGATEWAY SHIPPING

has anyone used comgateway for their shipping before? Are they reliable, efficient, low-cost?

Am really new to overseas shopping so need some gd advice from those who have used these shipping facilities before. Thanks..
 
Karen - i'm not using the beco infant insert, cos she's wearing a big coat. cold out here
happy.gif
SHe should be 6kg tis week.

Haru - Baby just adjusted to the timezone, initially the jetlag problem is quite bad. Now she's fine.. and we've been gg out shopping in the day. thanks for asking tho
happy.gif
 
morning mummies!

joyce,
yea, i told myself never to do it again. dun wanna kena blocked ducts like you said. and also wanna keep supply going too.

mummyzeal,
sounds like you are enjoying! have fun shopping there ya?

RE: Beco insert
i think i will remove after a couple of weeks more coz my baby is still slightly under 6kg. think it wil be more comfy for her too. =P
 
morning mummies

am oso still using the beco insert.. tink he feel better sitting higher leh..

pam> u not the only one still using the infrant insert. heehee..

attaching my son on bumbo.. always got tis kind of blur blur look. haha.. &amp; tat hair line of his look like wearing helmet.. funny. i'm a bad mummy always luff at him..


2190774.jpg

2190775.jpg
 
Alibaba
hehee.... ur monk monk's hairline really damn cute lei. u bot tt bumbo chair 2nd hand one issit? does he like it? piangz.. tempted to get 1 for my little monster but scare waste money she no like again.
 


peanut> ya 2nd hand @$40.. go check it out in forum for 2nd one la.still quite new... cheaper &amp; not so heart pain if only sit awhile.. hehe.. i tink he ok with it leh.. sit up better than always lie down mah.. can train his neck muscle oso.. I WAN to see little monster nini's PIC! hehe..
 

Back
Top