(2008/11) November 2008

thanks bladers for the info.

wah if were to buy a bb cot, i mus go cash out few hundreds to them.. fainted. cash tight.. haiz.
btw is delivery inclusive ? any cost?

anyone tink wat brand of sterliser gd & not so exp ?

Gd morning ladies.. super busy this wk.. will be on conference so can't post for the next couple of days. today also horrible.

Lilian, the bumper mat is gd.. very thick.. my hb tried falling on it and said not pain. hahaha.. u shd get it! cheaper than outside although i saw that Cheong Choon sells it at the same price as the BP.

Alibaba, ya i got it on Sat morning!

Hui, wanna ask u abt the crease marks on the bumper mat. It will disappear over time right?

Haru, so cute, furry tummy!

Enne, i got headache again.. so sian...

Jo! ok will send it to u later.. sorry i very busy today!!! thanks for helping me check out the price of the stroller! its abt $180 cheaper than outside!

GTG meeting liao.. for those i missed replying! sorrreeeee... will come back later!

alibaba: yes...cash only
happy.gif

For sterilisers I think u get a bigger set so can steriliser more at one go, some can steriliser in 8 mins like Avent so depends on what u need.

There are some that has multiple function like sterilisers and warmer...quite a gd idea bcos can also warm bb milk..? For me i tink will either be Pigeon or avent more likely pigeon tho.

Enne:
So far I only bought the stroller, the car seat and the sarong sling. The sarong sling I got from the Motherhood fair coz they had a booth there and they taught me how to use it with a baby doll. We thought its useful so buy lor. The stroller and car seat, I bought coz my parents drove us to Baby Kingdom there to shop & we thought we better buy it since the car seat was on offer & stocks running out (it was out of stock at robinsons already & was told local supplier dun have le). I dun have a car and have not been driving since I was pregnant so buy these big things only when parents drive me. Come things like cot and clothes I dun have to buy coz aunt giving me 2nd hand de. The other bigger items I am considering are steriliser and breast pump.

Chew Su Mei:
I think once-twice a week is ok (depending on how much you eat). Over-kill is like 1 piece a day like that.

alibaba:
I think that one is sarong pouch. This one is like a sarong/shawl with a hoop at the end.

olwenlim:
I suggest that if you try taking her cousin, bring her over earlier so that you can "test" her out. Even siblings may be different. I will be taking over my mum's maid and my mum will be hiring the maid's sister. You can bring her in without agency if you are willing to do the paper work yourself. My maid was brought in without agency (hence no loan). We arranged the flight and applied for the work permit with MOM (online application). She applied for her own passport. When she arrived, we sent her for medical checkup and the classroom thingy ourselves. We will be bringing in her sister in the same way.

lilian: thanks for lobang. my sis in law has agreed to give me her old cot. altho 3 babies have already slept in it & one side is loose, my husband is confident of repairing it. so... no need to buy anymore cots. just need to get a new mattress for yong yong's cot cos kor kor's mattress was sa-pu to donno where by my MIL. i know, it's weird but i already started calling the boy yong yong
happy.gif

now got to look for one single stroller first. but too nervous to buy anymore things till after friday's scan. sigh. no wonder dr loh gives me prometazine. he says i need it cos i always look depressed.

bladers>
know roughly the price range like for the sterliser? know how many milk bottles are needed usually?

fifi: thanks for the idea! i will tel my husband to call our ex-maid again & ask for her cousin's number. then we deal direct & arrange things for her ourselves. the first agency my maid came thru was terrible. we v lucky to get a gem like her at tt time. the next 2 times, she came thru nation, tt's the one who contacted her family & said we were looking for her.

how are all your weekends?

Bear,the crease mark will disappear.Dun worry
happy.gif

Su mei, I am taking birdnest twice a wk.Think nt a problem at all.

Stroller,
I support maclaren too.It is spacious and stable.My gal been using it till now.No regret at all.

Alibaba,
If u wan to save on sterilise,u might wan to use the traditional way. Buy a big pot and sterilise the bottles every night.I did that when i hav my #1.I need to use at least 10 bottles so i go for the traditional way.The sterliser too small for me and i am too lazy to 'clean' the sterliser.

happy> yup my mil used tis way when nephew came to our house. she boiled the water 1st & pour the boiled water into a tub of bottles. Do we really need so many bottles? 10 of them. tat's sound alot.. i tot maybe 2 big one for milk feed & 1 small one for drinking water will be enough. so far for milk bottles i heard Avent & NUK are the most popular brand.

alibaba,
i dun boiled the water and pour into the bottles ley.I boiled the water then put all the bottle into the pot and let it cooked for at least 5 to 10mins.

I am a KS mum lar.I dun reuse the bottle after each used.I took out new bottle from the pot each time.So i need to prepare at least 10 bottles to in case.She drinks every 3-4 hrs.So i just sterliser once a day onli.Then leave them untouch in the pot till i wan to use it.

Bottles,
Think really depend alot which brand your bb can adapt to.I tried avent,nuk, bfree, pigeon.
End up she still prefer pigeon.

hi ladies,

been trying to catch up with all the posts here and haven't really posted. =P

haru> i went to see Dr C on Sat and asked abt DS. He said that scans can't guarantee a normal baby and left the decision to us. Since he said that the baby is healthy and he has been charting his growth, we decided not to go for DS. And normally, during ultrasound, he will check baby's heartbeat, spine, neck thickness, length of limbs, head, etc etc. But he also said, if we want to go for DS, he's happy to refer.

hui> gotta trouble you to update for me.. i'm expecting a Mickey. Wasn't convinced last month coz he was lying on his front. Thanks a lot!

happy, if i follow your way, i got to get 30 bottles!
kao_dizzy.gif

haha, i think i still getting only 1 for each fella. my son also survived on one bottle as a baby. we only got new one whenever he spoilt the old one. which was v often.

I finally found link abt dried longan not suitable for preggie. Just FYI.

桂圆中含葡萄糖、维生素、蔗糖等物质,营养丰富,也是重要补品。妇女怀孕后,阴血偏虚,阴虚则滋生内热,因此孕妇往往有大便干燥、口干而胎热、肝经郁热的症候。祖国医学一贯主张胎前宜清热凉血。桂圆甘温大热,孕妇食后,不仅不能保胎、营养胎儿,反而易出现漏红、腹痛等先兆流产症状。

http://www.meishij.net/jiankang/muying/58440.html

Thks for t info JJmom.. I hope it does not apply to fresh longan! Juz ate a dozen of fresh ones yest.

snnowy, t bumper mats are typically $100-$250, depend on size & brand. Go to the BP thread and u'll find pictures & price list for them.

Hi guys! some free time before i have to rush off again.. realised aft eating i feel like puking! feel very very stucked.
sad.gif

Snnowy, i think the bumpermat is a gd buy. even my hb, who doesn't like splurging on such things agrees.
happy.gif

Happy, u look like u are dancing in the photo! so cute!! hahaha... what model of Maclaren did u buy?

Re: photos
Was just wondering, do u guys wanna exchange contacts or something? just in case when someone disappeared or something, we can sms her to check that everything is ok with them.
happy.gif
also IF ever we wanna organise a gathering, we can contact each other too.
happy.gif

Hi all..

Re:birdnest:

cos my mil lor.. tell me ppl told her cannot drink till birth. No good for bb.. skin no good lah.. asthma lah..i had seen alot of ppl who give birth to pinky bb after taking birdnest.I only started drinking it at 4 month..not even up to a month lor.. she keeps on repeating it..so sianz..somemore hubby buy for me..not her $$

toking about dried longan, my fren advised me to drink red dates tea which oso include dried longan de wor.. result is gd for bb skin. will have nice rosy skin... start to drink between 3rd mth to 5th mth den get best result

i heard red dates are heaty wor.. drink about twice a week.. i haven start to drink yet... anyone drink it too?

bear: tt's gd idea but who will keep the list?

su mei: sorry to say this but she sounds like she just wants to save your husband money. i ate bird's nest abt once a fortnight with my 1st one. my son came out w nice fair complexion & no ashtma. i also have quite a few colleagues with nice fair complexion & they said their mothers ate it when expecting them. i think once a week is quite ok too.

but sorry hor, eating bird's nest won't give the unborn baby immunity like some ppl say. even w the bird's nest i ate & breastfeeding 8 to 9 mths, my son still fell sick v often after starting school. the children have to eat the bird's nest themselves when old enough to get the immunity.

alibaba: my MIL follows Bear's recipe, boil the black chicken w red dates but she doesn't put longan. she says put besides the black chicken, put either red dates, longan or wolfberries for taste but only one, not all otherwise too heaty.

Sumei, i think ur MIL just doesn't want u to spend her son's money! gdness! she jealous issit? jealous over the attention her own grandchild is getting?? ridiculous leh. i think u shd just go ahead and eat. ignore wat she says.. but of cos in moderation lah.. once a wk or something.
happy.gif

Olwen, yeah u guys can send me the details like email and hp numbers. can do up a list and email it to everyone in the thread.
happy.gif
wat u guys think? can email me at [email protected].

I very heaty leh... got ulcers everywhere!

olwen>
red dates tea-
water boil with red date (seed removed), longan & dang sen. not herbal soup type. it's for drinking purpose..

birdnest>
started off after 3rd mth... i had 3 boxes from my parent. so far been drinking 1 btl per week nia... once finished i definately claim from hb.. hack wat mil comment. if not for bb gd, oso can for our own gd mah.. preggie so cham. always tired & even sacrify our look & figure -- pale or even got breakouts!

hi peachypeach,
thanks for e info! did Dr Chan mentioned anything about the charges for the DS? how many weeks are you now? wil prob also ask them about registration for the hospital when i see them next week. clueless about e whole procedure..=P

hi Bear,
sure, i think thats a sweet thought. i'll email u my details ya? =>

Red dates tea:
my uncle used to boil it everytime i go to his place...hmmm..i miss drinkin it...

Birdsnest:
i have yet to look for any, prob go look around soon. do you mummies take them chilled or warmed? i'll prob get those in a bottle so that no boiling required,hee..

hullo ladies... long time no come in... how is everyone? looks like all ur bump smaller than mine leh....

had my detailed scan last friday... @ week 20 day 4 bb est. weight is 351g...

re birdnest - huh? i eat birdnest also everyday leh... 1 table spoon everday if i rem... i oso did the same for my previous pregnancy leh....

haru> how does the red date tea taste like?? ur uncle got add rock sugar to taste?? my ah ma nv ask me to add sugar..

hello girls, just drop in to say a quick hi and ask some questions.

red date tea: really? after drinking bb will have good complexion? Is so, i must start drinking le. I want bb to be fair not like me. so dark. But i hate the taste leh. for bb, i sacrifice..
happy.gif
Can just put red-date, dried longan and wolfberries? dang-sen is for what?

Anyone taking fish essence? i dont take chicken essence so my mom ask me to take fish essence. She say its good for bb complexion. I like some advise before i start to drink cos i always doubt my mom advise. We gave her a nickname, mongolian doctor. hahaha..

maid: I managed to interview 3 maids in best home and found one, so i dont think i will go to other agency le. best home agent fee quite reasonable and nearer my place. so far, never hear of any complaints on the web. she Looks cute, hopefully can work. but a little short, 145cm nia, will ask my mom not to ask her to hang clothes outside. too dangerous. Pending documents and need to do the online orientation thingy. Will be expecting her in by end july. At least one less thing to worry about.

All: have a nice day wo!

Dreamyjo> wolfberries = gou qi zi right? i heard not v gd to take to much wor.. duno wat dang-sen. i am more of following instruction. u can ask the chinese medical hall person. hehee

bird's nest:
Shld be ok to take as long as you dun overdo it. I take abt 1 pieces a week. Can either take at 1 go or store in fridge and take bit by bit everyday. Over-kill is like every day take 1 piece or those kind lah. And make sure you take good quality ones.

Fish essence:
I am not taking fish essence but taking this fish oil suppliment that my gynae prescribed me.

hello everyone...

have been busy at work and had some overseas close frens over staying with us. So had no time to log in. Seems like everyone has grown and most oso know the sex of bb. Glad that everyone and their bbs are doing good I am going for my detail scan on July 5th. last Scan was good but umbilical cord in between bb's legs so cannot see. Will only try and see again during the next scan.

Finally put on 1kg during the last visit. This week I am into my 20th week... time seems to pass so slow. I seem to be preggers for the longest time.

Can't wait for the 4 mths break when the baby arrives - 3 mths maternity and 1 mth paid leave...

Afternoon ladies..

Bear,
nice thought of u.. will email u soon! You shd eat more orange or vitamin C fruit cause it can prevent ulcer.

Joyce, have to clear leave or it will be foresaken so spoke to my boss and he was ok for me to clear it after my maternity. After clearing the leave, I still have some more left over so thot it was a good idea to clear and have an additional one mth with bb.

alibaba,
it tastes pretty sweet but i am not sure if there is sugar added. guess u can add rock sugar to your taste. =>

Hello Mummies,

Seem like there's a lot to catch up! Hope that everyone is doing well
happy.gif

Went to see gynae last Saturday. I'm expecting a boy.

Hui: Need to troble you to update the chart ya
happy.gif

meowie,
really lots to catch up.. i didint log in for days and it was like have to scroll n scroll to read.. Congrats on your baby boy..

hi chilipadi,
i agree, you and baby will enjoy a really nice close bond esp during the early months.=>

meowie,
congrats!!

olwenlim, bear, how abt leaving DOB & hp fields optional ? Juz give whatever info u'r comfortable with.
I suggest adding Residential Area. Eg. Clementi/Bedok...

meowie,
Congrats!

dreamyjo,i din knw taking fish/chicken essence,bb will hav good complexsion ley.I still drink a bottle weekly to 'bu' myself onli.

bear,hehe.. i am dancing? No lar.. :p
I bought the maclaren Techno classic.Dun tink they have the model nw.I bought it almost 3yrs ago liao.But it is still in very good condition.So i think it worth the money.

Back