(2008/11) November 2008

alibaba
yah weekly classes... held at AMK hub..
mood swings: me also hav, u're not the only one.. sometimes i also feel bad, scared bb affected by my mood.. So now i try to eat some choc a day.. tsk tsk heard it helps to make bb happier
 


alibaba, sunday classes start end of july? still have spaces in the class? thinking of applying only on next monday when i go tmc for my detailed scan.. not sure still available ma =/

hmm~ i also nv do much for BB, sometimes even scold my notti dog loudly =/ not sure will scare my BB anot.. haiz~
 
Hi ladies,

I am giving birth in November too, now trying to decide whether to engage Dr. Joycelyn Wong or Dr. Sim Lee Ngor as my gynae, both are from TMC. Can MTBs who are their patients share your experience and details of their packages with me please? Many thanks!
 
Peanut> oh if start from july, my lesson will end in Aug liao... really choc can make bb happy meh? maybe shall get some nice chocolate to pamper bb & myself. ha!

Dreamyjo> same here. tears easily nowadays. try to control oso cannot.. hyper sensitive... hopefully bb not so effected by our mood.

jenn> yup. but i tink not for Mrs wong classes. u can jus call up to register 1st , give them ur details. & payment can be made another day ^_^
i'm gg down to sign up for FBI member on saturday & den can get further 10% discount for the antenatal classes.
 
hi earl_grey, i'm with dr sim lee ngor.
happy.gif

I change to her when i'm angry with the gynae i first went to. Compared to the previous one, dr sim is very gentle and informative. i'm not sure about joycelyn wong but i heard good comments about her too. I nearly went to her but i dont like the nurse who pick up the phone. she is not emphathetic about my worries then and said very negative comments.
 
dreamyjo,
I signed up abt a wk ago, booked thru' phone. Their Sat's classes left evening one. Sunday classes still available when I asked.

alibaba,
Mine is Sat 7pm, by Mrs Wong
happy.gif


According to my colleague who went for t class b4, they will ask attendees to buy one set of books (written by Mrs Wong)... My colleague passed me hers. Those who dun want to spend $$ on t books can go borrow from frenz
happy.gif
 
hi peanut,
ya, maybe I will just give my doc clinic a call to find out more about the detailed scan.=>

dreamyjo,
dun put too much pressure on yourself ya? tis time is also a time for you to take care of yourself.

Antenatal class:
anyone has any reviews on the antenatal class at KKH? I am thinkin of signing up at KKH if i can't get a slot at TMC.
 
dreamyjo, do you want me to pass you the contact no. for Made-To-Measure maid agency? About other agencies there, my maid agency in-charge says those who got maids sitting there one are being transferred back one .. means pple send them back to agency.
 
alibaba
re choc: i read from one of the motherhood magazine mentioned studies show that it helps to make bb happier haa.. dunoe how true oso but no harm giv a try.. but of cos eat in moderation lor, high sugar level lei..
 
earl grey
i'm with dr joycelyn. very nice and friendly gynae who always keep smiles on her face.. assuring and patient to ans ur questions as well. She's the most in v early 40s, so experience wise compared to those v senior ones i cant really comment since this is my 1st bb and she's the 1st gynae i go to. But a lot of postive comments about her.. So far no problem with the nurses there.
 
Ladies,
I just called up TMC Parent Craft Child birth education course. The classes conducted by Mrs Wong for Jul are Tues, Thurs and Sat 7-9pm. Aug are fully booked. Sept tues, thurs & sat 7-9pm and sat 2-4pm, 4:30pm-6:30pm and sun 12:30pm - 2:30pm. FBI card is entitled to 10% discount.
The classes are conducted in AMK Hub.
 
earl_grey,
I'm with Dr Joycelyn Wong. She is very patient, detailed and gentle. No much problem except the nurse overcharged me once when I didn't check the bill. This is my 1st kid with her. According to my friend whom delivered in Feb, says her switiching skills is good.
Her package rates is $738 @ 12wks and $638 @ 16 wks. 1st consultation - $78, subsequent visit $48, ultrasound scan $38, urine test $8. Vitamins $7.50 (30 tabs) and fish oil is $46 (30 tabs). Prices are excluding GST.
I'm not sure if there's any change recently. Pls call up the clinic to check. ACJ Clinic : 63532033
 
earl_grey,
I forget to add. Dr Joycelyn Wong's package include consultation, ultra sound scan and urine test. All vitamins, detailed scan, blood test and others are excluded.
Mummies who are seeing Dr Wong, pls correct me if the info is incorrect. This is what I remember. Preggie women tend to tbe forgetful.
happy.gif
 
Hi Ladies! Super busy today.. only have time to log in now!

Wtan and JJmom, sorry to hear abt ur loss. I have a doggie myself and i can't imagine him leaving me. please take care of urselves ok? Rem they are always in our hearts! Jo, my heart goes out to u and ur doggie.. so heart pain when i hear the pain he has to go through... hrmm i feel guilty liao. shall not smack my dog so much anymore.

Meowie, i decided not to got for Mother and Baby already. have another one near my house. thinking of gg for this one. http://www.inspiremumbaby.com/inspiremumdetails.asp?no=1
Who else asking abt yoga? I think there are simply too many yoga centres around.. Dreamyjo, dun be fan ok?

Re: prenatal class
I also called and booked liao! Peanut i think i m in the same slot as u! Start on 6th Sept, 4.30pm class!

Just an update on my side. Bb wasn't cooperative last Sat during my check up. Bb was crouching in one corner, faced downwards so cannot see the gender.. ARRGH! but doc said my bb is very tall... hahah same like me!
 
Bear
woo... we in same class.. i'll look ard and guess who is u.. me v easy to guess, will be the shortest in class most likely

Hope my bb wun take over my short frame.. eerrk
 
bear, did the gynae give u e measurement of ur BB? hahazz~ hope BB will follow my hubby(1.8m) to be tall =P If by monday no more July classes den most prob will be in e same class as u.. but 6th Sept rather risky for me.. EDD now is 5th Nov le..
 
I just called to book a slot too, commencing Sun 26th Jul 7pm class

Hiaz I can't take 6th Sep class cos my baby may be due in Mid October, cos Dr say he is 2 weeks ahead in growth chart.

Anyone else in this class?
 
Peanut, hahah i will keep a look out for u! i think i will be one of the tallest gal in class.

Jenn, my bb is abt 10.7cm at 16 wks. Doc said usually 10.2-10.5cm. dunno true or not.
happy.gif
my hb and i are both quite tall (1.8 and 1.72m). U can take the Sept class. it ends on 7th Oct. still got time wat...
 
Antenatal Classes:
Since I am delivering in KKH, I signed up for their classes. Starting this Thurs. I know their classes are quite hot coz my colleague could not get any slot for the classes that started in June. I booked mine last mth.

MC vs Leave for Check-ups:
I normally take time-off work aka take time sheet from doctor. Coz my MC got limit de.
 
bear, if it ends on 7th oct den will be alright =) in giving myself more time in case BB decides to come out earlier ard mid-end oct instead.. hmm... den ur BB should be taller than mine (hb 1.8m, me only 1.63m) =P ard 16.5wks BB is 10.8cm, but weigh 158g le.. thinking if BB is on plump side anot..
 
... my bb only 10cm at 16weeks but est weigh 170g! my gynae was surprised as well.. i hope she wont take over my hubby's mum/sis genes man, short & plump.. -_-"
 
ehh.. mine was 10.2cm when 15.5weeks. dr nv tell me about bb weight leh... -_-" wah. oso hope he follow my hb genes.. hb is more of taller side..
 
Bear, thanks, i will try. but very hard leh. I need to find a maid soon cos my SIL is giving birth next month. I'm worried my mom cannot handle.
Now not sure to get an experience one or not. Cos wondering how my mom is going to handle two babies when i also given birth. Now i'm the one researching on which agencies to go. My hubby not doing anything, i have to keep pushing him to drive me there to make enquiries. Sometimes i'm just so pissed. When my dog is sick, i'm also the one to worry, do things, look after. he dont even lift a finger. Always i had to ask him to carry my dog to the pee area until i sick and tired. ended up i go and carry her. She is 10kg very heavy. I wish he is more pro-active, dont need me to push him so hard. Aiyoh.. anyway, that's past liao. sorry ah, vent my frustrations here.

Jenn, our edd is the same leh.
happy.gif


Jenn, bear, Both you and hubby are tall, bb sure tall one. No worry. I only 1.58 nia.
 
Fifi,
can you keep me posted on how ur antenatal class at KKH goes? coz i'll prob sign up for classes there too. thanks!

dreamyjo,
i guess men just need instructions. sometimes my hubby also just play his PSP while i do chores. even tho my heart feels like he should initiate helping, i've realized they just need to be asked if we need help. dun be too upset okie? just ask ur hubby for help whenever you need. am sure he will help if you need his support. =>
 
Haru: ok. But if you want to sign up, you shld do so early. Coz they only start 4 classes each mth and each class only 12 mums max.
 
Jenn,peanut, alibaba
Seems like ur bbs are quite long/tall. Mine is only 9.4cm @16.8wks. I only 1.56m. I dun know abt the weight.
 
Don't worry abt the height gals! i m sure very bb grows differently. plus u know the way ultrasound measures not accurate one.
happy.gif
i think my gynae was also looking at the length of the bb's legs so he just made a passing remark. He doesn't give the wt though.. think his machine damn old. :p

Jenn, ya u can book the class. just to let u gals know, the recept mentioned that Mrs Wong might not take the 7pm class from Sept onwards. She would only take the aftn classes.
happy.gif


Dreamyjo, i know how u feel... let it go here.. we gals will support u.. guys can be very insensitive... must release stress ok? we are here for u.
happy.gif
 
wtan,JJmom,
Sorry to hear our the loss.
I hav 3 doggies previously and currently another 3 myself.And i know the pain when they left me few years ago.I oso cannt imagine hw i will react if all my 3 darling left me again.
Pls take care!

Jo,
Sad to hear abt the pain your dog is going thru. The care and love u are giving him nw, am sure he is a happy doggie
happy.gif



Bear,
Wow.. both u and hb are tall.Baby will sure be tall too.

I done my check up 2 weeks ago, gynec said my bb is big and tall at wk16 too,measures 10.8cm. I am onli 1.54m and hb 1.7m.Think bb follows the genes of my hb side.
When i hav my #1,she is big for my size too(3.1kg).Gynec saying this bb might be bigger than her.. *sweat*
Lucky I hav opt for Csect.Cannt imagine the pain if i am giving birth naturally.

Re:music
Haa.. tink i am a bad mommy leh.When i hav #1,i listened to classic music every night. Now dun hav the time.I need to read story bk or watch barney show with my #1....no time to play music for bb to listen ley.
hmm but my bb gets to hear barney singing every night... hopefully oso benefits from there lor..
hehe
 
Still at work.. so many things to do this wk... have brief my minister this fri so a lot of work to do man...

Happy, ur bb is big and tall hor.. heehee.. actually healthy can liao. anyway u are doing c-section so size of bb not too scary hor...

Peanut, why u breathless? take care ok?

Re: Music
Does rock music counts? hahaha...
 
My BB abt 266 Grams at 19 weeks, not sure abt height...must ask doc rite..bcos he never mentioned..no scan foto either..
 
Haru, bear, thanks for the comforting words. Today, i'm also pissed off by my supervisor's management. Went for shopping therapy. Phew... now feel much more better and super *shuang*. So happy.. hahaha.. but the therapy super ex. Spend almost 900 bucks in one shop alone. all maternity wear. Get new bras too. But come back, saw the bras in the wrong sizes. Tomorrow had to go back and change. a little annoyed but still very shiok. Hahaha.. Hopefully my mood change for the better, otherwise, i'll go broke pretty soon.
happy.gif
, lucky hubby very automatic, made amends by offering to help me pay half. Yipee...
 
Hmm...seems like my BB is a giant. She is 11.9cm at 17 weeks. My HB is 1.76, me only 1.58. Going for my detailed scan this wed. Hope everything is going to be really smooth and good. I've booked my pre-natal class thru phone, going to make payment this wed. My class starts on 24th July, conducted by Mrs Wong.
 
Gals, mine bb is about 315g at 19 weeks wo, but gynae never comment anything just say bb healthy. hehehe.. I'm not sure of the measurement, but there are 3 readings. HC : 166mm, AC: 159mm FL: 28mm. So which one will tell me the length of bb. Cant be FL.. else i'll faint. LoL.

JJMom, the yoga center you mention in novena square, what's the name huh? I stay in bishan, so i think its more convenient for me than outram.

Peanut, Lol. you are so funny. no worry, i'm sure your bb will take the good genes of you and hubby.

Yen, thanks so much for the info on antenatal class in TMC. at least there are still slots left in july. May consider july one. scare sept too near my edd.

peanut, i eat chocolate leh. But it doesnt help to improve my mood. guess it depend on individual bah. But i notice more pimples popping out now. I guess i have to stop my chocolate intake.
 
Jo, sorry miss your post regarding made-to-measure. Maybe you can give me the contact. Perhaps will visit coronation plaza this weekend again. But i think my hubby already been bought over by the boss in JDM. He seems more confident in JDM because the lady boss keep boasting about her agency's reputation. I did ask her about the girls sitting outside, she said some are new except one transfer case. anyway, shall see how. Will discuss with him whether we should continue to look around. so far, we visited best home, signature and jdm.
to visit list : made-to-measure and homekeeper.
Maybe then shortlist a few and select based on the preferred bio-datas.
 
dreamy,

I know how u feel when pissed go shopping after shopping the feeling is so great...totally forget all the anger...

I try to shop whenever I am pissed to, takes away all the anger in me..and feels so happy buying all the nice maternity and bb stuff..
 
dreamyjo,
No problem. I happen to call TMC ParentCraft to enquire.

bladers,
If I'm not wrong, can buy the herbal bath in package form from chinese medicine shop.
 
Morning all..

took leave yesterday.. experiencing alot of backaches.. cant sleep well at night.. i wonder if its normal..
 
Morning to all!
happy.gif


bladers, I thought herbal bath is used during confinement only. You can buy from markets chinese medicine shop But heard that must take the herbal bath when it's still hot ... imagine bathing with "HOT" water.

dreamyjo, Made-To-Measure maid agency ... you look for Cindy and her contact no. is 6463 0547

Genes: I also hope my baby boy wont be like his daddy or grandma short&plump. hehe

Last fri, my hb and I went Takashimaya baby department. All Avent products are on 20% discount. So we bought travel pak manual pump @ $151.80 and the sterilizer (promo w free 4 small bottles n a pillow) @ $151.80. Sterilizer U.P is $200. We have to get these stuffs sooner or later on our own so decided to buy it since there is a discount now.
 
hi gals, gd morning!

wanna ask any one of u tried cater confinement food?? pls advise. if were to employ maid , i dun tink i will get a CL cos too costly!

dreamyjo>
peanut mean chocolate will make bb happy. heehee
but of cos take in moderation. hehe..
 


morning mummies!
i was so hungry this morn, had some veg bee hoon for breakfast. hee...

shopping: hubby and i went to Gap and some other kids store and was so tempted to buy some clothes but we tot some are too big to get now. we have yet to get ANYTHING, not even the baby pdts. =P
 

Back
Top