(2008/11) November 2008

nikki
i also got drink ice lemon tea sometimes.. jus like some mums stil drinking coffee.. i tink in moderation is fine
 


Jenn,
I only took her standard package. Erm not really lose weight lah, but more of getting rid of ur water retention and gas in tummy.
I went for Rustic Nirvana after that.

Wtan,
Yes, money is worth spending on CL leh. At least we can rest well and need not worry about housework. Baby also well taken off. My CL even cooked for my hubby, washed and iron his clothes.
 
Nikki,

U definitely have to act fast for CL leh. I nearly cannot get one during my previous pregnancy. Now i super KS, once I knew that I'm pregnant, I booked my CL.
 
Nikki,
Yes..Im Dr 16 too.. dont tell me LaCasa?

Peanut.. you are not alone..ME too...super duper tired also.. wondering why..

RE: chix essence
I got the cooking method for extracting the chix essence. Anyone interested?
 
hi ladies,

Yesterday i had headache and vomitted in my car! So scary. So far my pregnancy i had not vomitted! touch wood! I saw most of you having migraine, I guess more will come for me.... Dread to think of it.
 
Meowie, i know wat u mean lor.. so hard to find CL. Got one say can do for me but she isn't in S'pore now. Can only confirm at the end of this mth.. dunno shd wait for her or not.

Nikki, once awhile drink tea is ok lah... erm who say tea is liang ah? i nv heard of that before!

Karen, oh dear, hope u are feeling better.. cheer up ya?
 
Bear,
My collegues told me tea is "liang", maybe not true? Hear too much oso worry.. but i guess everything in moderate should be fine..
 
meowie..
wow..ur CL so nice ah..i also hoped that this CL recommended by my cousin will be able to help me iron clothes & cook for hb..ya..indeed i find it's v impt for the bb to be well taken care by during the 1st mth of birth & also we being the mummies being well taken care too..i hope i will be able to regain my health aft this #2..coz gg to close factory liao..lol..btw, hw much are u paying for this CL ah?mine is $1.9k..think i shd give her a call leh..coz she's confirmed by my god-cousin on my behalf..lol..

bear..
think u shd get a reliable CL..try to get a back-up one in case this one u want isnt available..

karen..
oh..was it something u ate that made u vomitted out?hope u feel better..take gd care..
 
bladers,
I'm taking Enfamama in vanilla flavor, I think it tastes betta than chocolate. I find chocolate tastes diluted. Ever mixed vanilla & chocolate but still think vanilla alone is betta.
 
enfamama:
eew.. i stil prefer choc to vanilla. i'm fine with that flavour

tea:
i normally take ice lemon or green tea. but not too often jus once in a while while dining outside cos yah i know too much caffeine is not good.

sumei
when ur detail scan? mine is 25th jun aftern this time round =) A bit more gan cheong abt this scan.. hope bb ok physically
 
Congrats BabyZel and Pkum on your Minnies!Now can go buy girl girl stuff.

JJmom: I will be using cloth nappies in the morning and mammy poko diapers at night(my friend's reccomendation) during confinement. But once I start working, most prob would switch to diapers.

Heard MIL say that cloth diapers are better as they allow more airflow, lesser chance of diaper rash. But very troublesome to wash.

I may be going to the fair on Sat too
happy.gif


Pkum:

I bought both Avent Isis Manual and got a friend to buy Ameda dual Electric from UK at SGD $230. It's much cheaper there. Electric is faster as it clears both breasts at the same time, and if you are a working mom. Manual is good if you are not in a hurry, or occassional use. e.g. if you intend to be a SAHM. HTHs
happy.gif
 
Bear,
Maybe you can ask for recommendation and source around for other CL just in case.

wtan,
She's charging me 1.8K. But will be giving her an ang bao @ the end of confinement. Better to call the CL and confirm leh. If can, can try to meet up with her and have a chat. Can ask her what are the things that you need to prepare for confinement (eg, what herbs to buy, etc)
 
Su Mei,
I've added u in Yahoo Messsenger. Mine is: [email protected]

Peanut,
Did you pay the "OSCAR package with detailed scan(20 weeks)" when you did the OSCAR at 12 weeks? I think my bill was about $420 which I did the OSCAR 1st at 12 weeks. I checked w the nurse and she said that this $420 package will include another test at 20 weeks. A little confused..

CL:
I think $1.8k is reasonable and heard that some confinement agencies charging $2k. Also we are supposed to give ang bao before & after confinement?
 
gd morng ladies,

yday i brought Natal care plus fish oil from my GP. It cost $31++ for 30 tab. anyone is eating this too??? jus start today only.. duno have any fishy smell...
 
Kaya,
Another alternative is to switch to cheaper brand like pamper for baby in the daytime and mammy poko in the night. For the 1st 2 weeks baby poo is super black and sticky which is very difficult to wash. Further more need time to adjust to new lifestyle with a newborn so maybe can save time on washing nappy.

Re:Breast pump
The breast pump you got from UK does not come with any warranty right? I'm thinking of getting my friend to purchase but warranty is the issue.
 
Morning all,

peanut, my detail scan is on 26 Jun,3pm. Im waiting to know the gender hahahaha.

dont drink too much lemon tea. my mom said that its too 'strong' for us. not good for intestine. i also dont know lor. me just avoid.

Nikki, sure. will add u too...
 
re: enfamama
i tried the sample pack chocolate favour, 1st slip aready puke it out.. i definately cannot take milk powder milk..

my size increase too.. increased by 2inches plus on my waist -_- fainted.

btw detail scan shld be done on week 20??

su mei>
tot u said u have a cooking method of extracting chicken essence??? share leh
 
nikki, think the Oscar package include the detailed scan at 20 weeks. That's what the nurse told me.
Did you sign up the first born incentive card at TMC? Got 10% disc when do Oscar and delivery wards as well.. membership fee $148 for 2 yrs membership.
 
Su Mei, lemon tea cannot drink meh, I dont know leh, its my favourite before preg, now I still drink occasionally... maybe should stop, so sian have to monitor all the food we eat now...
 
hi nikki,
i limit my tea intake to 1 cup a day (incl. ice lemon tea,oolong tea, green tea). but i completely stop taking coffee. never much of a coffee drinker anyway. shouldnt be a prob, as long as its not taken excessively. most impt for any food is moderation.

peanut,
me too!! hubby said somehow the way i walk also starting to look a lil like preggie lady. and he said my tummy really obvious. i think from hereon the tummy will really start to grow quickly..

karen,
i had e same experience bout 2 weeks ago. i was having a terrible headache and finally at the end of the day (during a work meeting) i had to rush to toilet twice to throw up. first time i threw up since preggie..

CL: I still have no clue whether to get a CL still..but being a 1st time mummy, i am totally clueless. MIL invited me to stay at her place but hubby said we might end up having differences in opinions on certains things. so to prevent it best to stay at our own place. maybe see if my mum can help a lil..
 
oh, forgot to mention i had yummy balestier Founder Bak Kut Teh last nite for dinner. so satisfying..heheheh..end up slept at 1am..so sleepy at work now...and i have an event to go to later in the afternoon.yawn!!
 
mosh,
yo, i didn't sign up for the membership. But I've already paid for the OSCAR pkg, so dun think they'll honour the discount. I'll check it out tmrw when gg for my checkup. Thxs!
 
nikki/bladers...
hearing u all "promot" abt Enfamama milk powder..makes me suddenly got craving for it..haha..

meowie..
i tried calling her earlier but she didnt pick up..maybe will try again later..thks..i will give her an ang-bao at the start & end of confinement..hee..hope she will also in retn give my bb one coz i heard some of my forum mummies friends that CL will hv to bless the baby when she's leaving as a gesture to wish the baby grow strong & healthy..keke..

snnowy..
usually better breastspumps from overseas dun comes with warranty..i m not sure abt Avent but i know from Medela Service Centre that PIS Advanced dun break down that easily..hee..

bear...
i can share my CL contacts with u..those forum mummies friends used them before..just that i m not sure hw much are they charges..can u give me ur email address?

haru..
better to chk out ur options early with ur mum or MIL..CLs are like massage ladies v hard to get at peak period mths..also need to give time allowance in case they cant get permit or if u happen to deliver earlier..or they hv plans to travel etc..
 
CL :
My CL charges me $1.8k for 28 days and she requests for red packet @ the end of the assignment.

TMC FBI card:
I did not sign up. What are the benefits?

Lemon tea,
I'm drinking once a while..maybe 2-3 times a week. I never drink coffee.
 
Hi ladies!

RE: CL
Meowie, Wtan, i m looking for CL!! just that all that my frens recommended all taken already. Urgh.. there is one that said ok to me but she isn't in S'pore to confirm now. have to wait till mth's end. I emailed the mum that used her before and the reference was fantastic.

Wtan, thanks. please email to [email protected]

Haru, best to get CL.. learn everything from them first then next preg u might not need them.

Re: Enfamama
Gives me diarrhea!!!

Wah so fast u all talking abt detailed scan liao. I haven't even been for my 16 wk's check up!
 
wtan,
haha, sounds like we promoting Enfamama! Jus tat Enfamama contains Choline, DHA .... , all essential for bb. Actually I also prefer HL or Daisy Milk.
 
Sumei, i prob would wanna get some samples from my gynae first. Actually drinking cow's milk isn't gd. Most Asians are allergic to cow's milk. I am one of them. So if you wanna drink milk just for calcium then u are better off taking other type of food.
happy.gif
Such allergies can be passed to the bb..

Aft saying so much, i still love milk. have been drinking it since young and although it gives me allergies, I just bear with it lor.
happy.gif
 
wtan,
No wonder my CL gave my girl an ang-bao before she left. So it's for blessing purposes.
Maybe the CL doing confinement for other mummy ba, try calling later
happy.gif
 
snnowy:

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it, I am a 1st time mom so blurblur.
happy.gif
Maybe when I see the black tar, I will end up use disposables all the way too.

The Ameda pump I ordered from this site using my sg credit card but delivered to my friends UK address.

http://www.nctsales.co.uk/

Yep, there's no warranty as its an overseas purchase, thats the disadvantage. But I am willing to overlook it as I save abt $130. Now I am very poor lady liao, so no choice... hahah..
 
alibaba, I'm taking nature care fish oil.. no fishy smell which I'm glad coz I dun eat fish de, cannot stand the fishy smell =D fast start eating wor..
 
bear..
okok...will email u right away..i hope u get to get a CL soon..actually me also need to call my CL to confirm coz for me was "booked" by my cousin on my behalf but i hvnt had a chance to call her yet..lol..ya..esp for 1st time parents like urself..better to get an experienced person to guide u along the way & also can cook & help u bath bb etc..for me this round bcoz my mum cant do confinement for me & i really want to "pu"back my body..so i m getting a CL this round..

nikki...
ya lo..Choline is gd leh...that time i dun hv enough supply..i drank that & i felt alittle engorgement..keke..so it does help..ok?actually now better not to take HL..althou that's my fav too..but we need all the full nutrients for the growing bb..so cannot be low fat for bb ma..hee..

vel..
wow..ur friend is cool leh..did a blog on this receipe & also her pregnancy journey..also gd la..can remember hw's the pregnancy like..i hvnt done up anything for my #1..so wont be gg for my #2 too..me lazy mum..

meowie..
ya..some gd CL as according to my forum mummies friends..they will also give a ang-bao to babies at the start & end of confinement..the start one is for bb to b gd & easy to take care..(like the drink/sleep well/shit well routine)...then aft confinement is like to bless the baby to grow up "guai-guai", healthy & strong..hee..
 
Thanks a lot Wtan. looking forward to ur mail then.

Kaya, why did u choose Ameda? any reasons u can share with us? have u calculated how much is it to ship it over to S'pore? cos i m doing the same for the Medela PIS.
happy.gif
 
Wtan, can share your CL recommendation with me too? I need some1 who knows how to 'pu' too & pro-breastfeeding even at nite so have been asking ard but din have much luck...
 
nikki
yah that time i paid abt $500 for both Oscar @12weeks and Detailed scan @20weeks. The latter is to check if bb ok physically - hands/legs/features.. eg if a bb has cleft lips this is when it'll be found out *touchwood**
 
so the detailed scan can be quite scary.. heard it takes quite a while and i can imagine lying there anxiously hoping no bad news..
Those under Dr Joycelyn Wong will notice she super "worst come to worst".. she told me now confirm gal can get bb clothings but dun get cot/stroller etc until detailed scan is being done.. becos in case any serious abnormality abortion is stil possible.. aiyor..
 


Re: Confinement lady
Urgh, dunno what happened but the person that said ok to doing my confinement is actually some sort of an agent!! Through some searching, i managed to speak to a mum that used the CL before and i spoke to the CL directly. The CL said she is already taken!!! now i m left with no CL. so annoyed!

Peanut, I think Dr Wong is just being safe lor. U know Dr Theresa Cheng? she is a worrier.. she made my fren go for her detailed scan earlier becos the doc feels that the bb's heart got prob! in the end the bb was perfectly alright.

Sumei, i was so annoyed with the CL issue that i couldn't finish my lunch.. now got gastric pain.. feel like puking. >.<
 

Back
Top