(2008/11) November 2008


wtan,
My 1st pregancy also smooth-sailing one leh... Could urs be a princess this time round? Til now I'm still afraid of cold leh, not sure it's because I'm weak. I cannot stand the fan blowing directly at me.
Did you take any medicine for migraine?
 
hi ladies, seems like a few are down with migraine, must take care, drink lots of water.

Meowie, think its normal to wake up at nite, I wake up a few times too. No choice lor, take more rest or short nap during the day.
 
Gd morning ladies.

Thanks for ur concerns. I still have a touch of headache but def better. No fever though so i think it could be tension headaches. the thing is i nv get headaches or migraines. that's why doc is afraid i get meningitis again. sigh..

Seems like a lot of us are down with migraines and headaches! i wonder wat causes them. may be its like wat Alibaba says, the slping posture lor cos my neck has been aching man...

I also can't slp through the night. Will wake up to turn my body! pathetic.. i feel very tired leh even though i get a lot of slp. weird.
 
Bear,
Glad to hear you're feeling betta. I had v bad headache during 1st Tri, worse was that everyone advise not to have any medication & I had to bear the terrible pain throughout sleepless nites.

Anyone getting CL? My friend recommended me one charging $2k. I thought market rate is about $1.8k..
 
hello, finally i get to know my baby is a baby girl! pls help me update and my edd is now 31-oct-08.
happy.gif


most probably i m getting a combi stroller and a maxi cosi car seat.

anyone gog to the fair this wkend. i hope my hb can go with me.. he may be working on this sun.. hiaz..

i miss many threads. can share with me your opinions with breast pump, manual or electric or both and why. thanks.
 
pkum, congrats on your minnie! If my hb can go with me then I will go to the fair, c if got good deal lor.

Have been shopping around and see alot of cute bb clothes but still dont know gender yet, cannot buy leh.
 
Afternoon ladies..
Yo Su mei, Nikki, seems like we are on the same track, i am preparing to move house too Woodlands too.
happy.gif


BTW all, I discovered that something is growing from my "belly hole", do you experience such thing before? Is it abnormal?
 
headaches:
yah i had them quite often in 1st tri as well but tink most likely due to the hot weather and sleeping posture. Not much of a problem now since weather getting slight better,

sleepiness:
Why am i stil feeling so sleepy esp in the afternoon after lunch?? tot it shd improve by now
 
hi wtan,
haha, its actually my #1 now.so i cannot compare.=P

hey mummies,
hope you all are preparing to go for lunch soon. i think i'll try to grab some papaya later. tummy feels a lil crampy, think mayb coz didnt really move my bowels today.. i feel very uncomfortable if i dun move my bowels regularly..
 
Re. my sleepiness:
it can stretch until end of the day so for the whole aftern i can't work well.. keep feeling like dozing off - sound a bit extreme rite?
 
Mosh,
How I wish I can nap in the day. But at work leh so cannot nap.

Nikki,
I got a CL liao. Used back the same one. She charged me $1.8K. I know some CL charge higher wor.
 
Dear Ladies,

Haven't been logging in for a long while. I went for my scan last week and i will be expecting a baby girl.
 
Peanut, I m also still feeling tired lei...I also thou once I hit 2nd trimester should b better but only slightly better.

I basically dozed the whole day in my 1st trimester, now usually after lunch
sad.gif
 
Mommies, will u b using diapers or cotton nappies for bb during confinement & b4 we go back to work?

Wonder can we cope with the washing of cotton nappies but heard it's better for bb.
 
peanut... me not as tired now as compared to 1st tri leh.
Well, it could be due to anemia.. but only a blood test can tell. Did ur gynae do blood test for u? I did mine same day as my NT scan.
Before preg i have a bit anemia one... but result came back normal. Tink reason is our menstruation stopped.
 
JJmom
me no improvement at all! as tired as in 1st tri.. i'm going to call the clinic and ask if my recent blood test includes haemoglobin test
 
JJmom, most probably will rotate diaper and cloth nappies during confinement. Coz got CL to wash for me... Diapers will use at nite.
My fren told me its difficult to cope with t washing if we have no other help. As I told her I may continue using cloth nappies if I can cope after CL left.. She told me 'Oh, forget it man... I bet u will use diapers only. U will not have energy...'
LOL
 
peanut, most likely due to anemia, I also very tired nowadays, blood test show my haemoglobin level low.
 
JJMom,

Mi will be using cloth nappies for confinement and after that.
U can get a mini washing machine just for baby's clothings.
 
i jus called they said i've done my test during my 12 weeks and my haemoglobin level is a little bit low.. so it could be even lower now.. I;ve to go for iron pills liao -_-
 
Babyel,
COngrats!

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> Birth #</TD><TD> Gynea </TD><TD> Hospital</TD><TD> Older kids </TD><TD> Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pkum</TD><TD> 28-10-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr AL Lim</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Val </TD><TD>25-10-08 </TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD> GlenE </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misaryeo</TD><TD>01-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Patrick Weix</TD><TD> Las Colina Medical Centre (US)</TD><TD> Elliot 16.07.2006</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>DMK</TD><TD> 02-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amore</TD><TD> 03-11-08</TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD> Dr Brenda Low</TD><TD> GlenE</TD><TD> Carys 23-12-06 </TD><TD>Minnie</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Whitelily</TD><TD>03-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Marianne H</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hui</TD><TD> 04-11-08 </TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD> Dr Christopher Chong </TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>Jovial 17-05-07</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kaya</TD><TD>04-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyzel</TD><TD> 05-11-08</TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maggie</TD><TD> 05-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Adrian W</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dreamyjo</TD><TD> 05-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr SN Lim</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peggy </TD><TD>06-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Leow </TD><TD>Pantai Hospital (M'sia) </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD> 07-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol</TD><TD> 08-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yoyosan</TD><TD>08-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Chua</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD>08-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD>Dr Ted Lim</TD><TD> Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Spin</TD><TD> 09-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Jayda Aw 05-06-07</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Glayds</TD><TD> 09-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Tan Hak Koon</TD><TD> SGH</TD><TD> Megan-Beth 07-02-04</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mama gene</TD><TD> 09-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Wong MF</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunnypoo</TD><TD>09-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lovedogs</TD><TD> 10-11-08 </TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD>Dr KH Chan </TD><TD> GlenE</TD><TD> Tessa 13-05-07</TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>10-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Su Mei </TD><TD>11-11-08 </TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jjmom </TD><TD>11-11-08</TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD> KKH-TPS </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Haru </TD><TD>11-11-08 </TD><TD> #1 </TD><TD> Dr KH Chan</TD><TD> GlenE </TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Liv </TD><TD>11-11-08 </TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr Adrian </TD><TD> TBC </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD> 11-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Yu Fei 28-12-06</TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dey</TD><TD>12-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr Chin YK</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD> Nathan 28 Nov 2006</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut00</TD><TD> 15-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vincy </TD><TD>16-11-08 </TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr KT Tan</TD><TD> KKH </TD><TD>Venice 29-06-06 </TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amy</TD><TD> 16-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> Rae 05-08-06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>16-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD> East Shore</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wtan</TD><TD>16-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Koh GH</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD> Maverick 3-Oct-06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yem</TD><TD>17-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jynnsan</TD><TD>18-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Jeanette Chen</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nikki</TD><TD>18-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alibaba</TD><TD> 18-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbhuimin</TD><TD> 19-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy </TD><TD>19-11-08 </TD><TD>#2 </TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> TMC </TD><TD>Clara 22-02-06 </TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilian </TD><TD>19-11-2008 </TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr GH Koh</TD><TD> Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD>Minnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sansforum</TD><TD> 20-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Crisanta 16 Dec 2005</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lala</TD><TD> 24-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Ang Huay Yan </TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>Charisse 6 -07- 2006</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> Milderina</TD><TD> 24-11-08</TD><TD> #2</TD><TD> Dr Chen Chern Yen </TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>Charlene Ng 03-01-2007 </TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ryatie22</TD><TD> 24-11-08 </TD><TD>#3 </TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Qistina 17/09/2004 &amp; Qasdina 31/07/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fabbie</TD><TD> 25-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milkshake</TD><TD>26-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FeatherG</TD><TD>26-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD> 27-11-08 </TD><TD> #2 </TD><TD>Dr Tan YG </TD><TD> Raffles </TD><TD> Anthea 12-03-07</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bibi</TD><TD> 27-11-08</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr GH Koh</TD><TD> Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bear</TD><TD> 28-11-08</TD><TD> #1</TD><TD> Dr Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Enne</TD><TD> 30-11-08 </TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Legolas 01/03/2007</TD><TD>Mickey </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meowie</TD><TD>30-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Dr TC Chang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Chloe 25.09.2006</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Niuniu</TD><TD>30-11-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Janell 29.09.2005</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mosh</TD><TD> 30-11-08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liauw</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Mum</TD><TD></TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Firstbaby</TD><TD> 03-12-08</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Shannyn 28-12-06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milkie</TD><TD></TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr KL Tan</TD><TD> Mt E</TD><TD> Yoo-ri 16-01-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>
 
Jenn:
It's not too early to confirm ur massage lady.
I'm now considering using back the previous massage lady or take up Rustic Nirvana Home Visit.
 
Had lunch ladies?

Congrats to all the mummies that know their bb gender!

I think most of u know abt the Motherhood exhibition starting tmr till 8th June. U shd check ST daily for their daily specials. Saw that u can buy those ear thermometer at $65 when the usual amt is $129. not too bad leh.. thinking of gg may be on Fri or Sat but it all depends on my hb.

Peanut, oh no.. another pill for u!

Re: Diapers
Erm why is cloth diaper better? can somebody explain please?

Re: CL
me looking for CL.. so far all that i called all booked already.. any of u got recommendations let me know ok?

Hui, u forgot abt Pkum. she expecting Minnie.
 
Re: diapers

Cloth nappies better for BB's skin coz the diapers ones not much air flow so might cause rashes.. that's wat my mum in law told me.. so gd to use cloth ones in e day and wash them, while at night coz we are sleeping, use the diapers..
 
yah Bear.. horrible.. i havent even started on my fish oil and now hav to take iron pill. But the tiredness is terrible.. they say 2nd tri will start glowing but i stil look so pale &amp; haggard.
 
meowie, who was ya previous massage lady? Is she good? I'm still looking ard for recommendation.. hahaz~ ai mei wat to do..
 
Peanut, u are not the only one.. i also tired.. i have always been botherline anaemic. How abt this? My mum swear by drinking a bottle of essence of chicken everyday. it really helps me. During the wkend i usually dun drink but really feel tired. Wkdays i feel gd.. may be u can try lor.

Jenn, I see. but the amt of washing is scary man.. need to prevent urine from leaking onto the cot and such.. my fren once told me that cloth diaper bbs learn how to control their urine better than diaper bbs becos when they pee, their butt will be cold! hence they dun like the feeling and try to hold their pee. dunno true or not. :p
 
Meowie,
Tat's fast, I'm still deciding on the CL. One referral is also $1.8k &amp; the other $2k. $2k CL includes cooking &amp; washing laundry for hubby as well as housework. $1.8k CL only works for the mummy &amp; bb, housework such as sweeping floor only once a week. Worth to pay a little more?

Jynnsan,
Wow, another mummy in Woodlands. Yr EDD same as mine!

Bear,
There are some referrals in the CL thread. You can try there.
 
Nikki,
Maybe it's worth paying a bit more so that u need not worry about housework. Unless someone in ur faily can help out.
Most importantly is that you muz rest well during confinement.
 
meowie..
i dun take any medication now leh..i m not afraid of cold for this pregnancy..lol..i think maybe we didnt "pu" our body back properly..that's why we felt the headache more often &amp; our body is more weak..

hui..
really will worsen ah..omg..every 2 days i m getting a bad headache..so pek-chk lo..argh..

hi Pkum/babyzel..
congrats in getting a princess..wow..so nice can start gg on ur shopping spree..hee..

jynnsan..
ya...it's common that ur belly button pops out as ur tummy grows..lol..careful leh..it can be "sensative &amp; painful" when u accidentally touch it by opening the drawers &amp; knock on it..ha..

haru...
so sorry...i think i mistook u as "happy"...pie-say ah..lately alittle blur..lol..

JJmom..
i think it's up to ur individual &amp; ur caretaker for the bb when u retn to work..coz u also hv to waste electrical bills &amp; water when u need to wash up the cloth nappies...for me, we used diaper..just throw..esp when poo poo..lol..
 
hi babyzel,
congrats on ur baby girl!

Re:diapers
I am leaning more towards cloth diapers too like the bumwear.but the concern is the same, if i can cope w e washing daily esp when i return back to work. but i feel its better for baby's tender bum..will try to do more research. i guess e rotation between cloth and disposable diapers might be a good balance.

hey mummies,
how was lunch today? i had roast pork with char siew mee, think e noodles too tasty. came back office feeling sooo thirsty that i had to down 2 mugs of ice cold oolong tea. bot 2 slices of papaya for snack later.=>

my belly button used to very deep and its more like a thin vertical line rather than a round belly button, but its starting to get really round and its getting more shallow like e belly is "forcing" it out coz of expanding tummy. quite funny,hahah...
 
Peanut, huh? Mayb me too, got to check with my gynae on my blood test liao then...hope I don't have to take iron pill lah, I already have problem taking my calcium pill.
 
haru..
that time i also almost went on impulse to get bumwear for my son but aft awhile i realised it's not v visible for long so i use diapers..lol..

meowie..
ya..that's why this time i rather spend $ on a CL..cant $ just cant be saved lo..
 
Haru, i guess u can try the cloth diapers. i think it depends on ur bb also. if u have a guai bb then u can afford the time to wash diapers. If not u have a notti bb then u will be too tired to do anything else. heehee..

I m gg to the Motherhood exhibition on Sat. If u gals gg tmr or Fri, do let me know how the booths are like.
happy.gif


Hrmm a bit hungry now.. choc chip cookies anyone?
 
Meowie,
Seems like I have to act fast on CL.

Haru,
I had Yong Tau Fu laksa for lunch, supposed to cut down on curry. U had Oolong tea? Can we actually drink since it's tea? I miss my ice lemon tea..
 


JJmom
yah if its bothering you then can check with the clinic. But at least u said better than 1st tri.. got some improvement is better than nothing.

I can feel my tummy getting heavier these days.. me so small size wonder how i move around when tummy even bigger.
 

Back
Top