(2008/11) November 2008

Su Mei
I see. I tot i'm the odd one who had backache esp lower back. Thks.

joyce,
I only experience lower backache. No buttock pain or pelvic pain so far.

its soooo hot outside, might just go by mac to get a nice cold milkshake after work later. so glad its friday!!!

Hi guys! very hot outside!!

Re: buttock pain
I have previously posted something on this. This is known as sciatica. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciatica
u will feel pain and numbness deep in ur buttock muscles than can shoot all the way down to ur legs. Hope this helps.

Haru, drink more milk. it is gd but hor the milkshake a lot of sugar. :p not very healthy.. once awhile is fine.. hahaha... keep up the perseverance on the gd diet! i cannot eat veggies now.. weird hor... fruits still ok. In fact me munching on grapes now.

Yen, heehee.. ppl will stare lah... anyway i dun think i can contort myself to sit inside a trolley. Reno wise, NUS is undergoing quite a bit of reno since it is the sch hols. cannot avoid lor.. i dun pantang these kind of stuff lor but of cos can avoid, will avoid lor. The things we do for our bbs!

Whitelily, best to ask ur gynae if it is ok to do yoga.
happy.gif

hey Bear,
thanks for ur encouragement!! decided not to go for milkshake. will just be good mummy and have a glass of milk (getting hungry liao), and go for dinner soon.

Bear,
Right, ppl will stare at me. So pai say, I rather find a seat.
happy.gif

As for reno, if I can avoid, I try to avoid.

My mum was painting the walls in blue colour for their new house(my parents house) when she was pregnant with my sister. When my sister was borned, her right thigh has a huge patch of blue. Some ppl thought my sister then a baby was being abused and beaten by my parents. It was actually a birth mark. Now she has grown up and the birth mark is still there but the blue color has faded and become light. Strange.

haru,
Better drink milk. I just finished a pkt of milk.

Enjoy the long weekend.

Some info for those mommies interested in cordbank. there is a promotion going on currently but only until early June..

1st time lumpsum payment (processing/registration fee): S$1100 instead of S$1400
Subsequent annual payment for storage: S$250

If you recommend another fren, both you and her will get further $50 discount for the 1st time payment.

Jo,
Maybe you are the 1 who gave up the seat to my friend.
happy.gif

Hui.
Wah, super envy. Me at most 2 slice of bread with coffee.

Haru,
Try those pregnant formula. Anmum is not bad. Freash milk also good in calcium
happy.gif

Hi Joyce,
I'm having buttock pain also.. For a few wks liao. So Sian.. I'm having backache also esp during night time..

Hi Chilipadi,
I can't wear all my pre-pregnancy clothes since the first mth. Now i don't even need to tell my colleagues that i'm pregnant cos it so obvious. Hai, gonna buy more maternity clothes liao..

haru, me same as u. tummy is pretty big for 12 weeks but then my weight has not increased yet since I got preg.

Hey, i tried macgriddles. I find it ok lah but maybe cos i eat burgers in a most weird manner. I actually eat the bread/bun part separate with the meat part. I find the bun a tad sweet for my liking so i give it to my baby girl who happens to like it lah of cos. hee hee

Regarding yoga, before my 1st pregnancy i used to do yoga on daily basis (ashtanga, hatha, power and hot) but after i got preg with 1st baby, I was told by my gynae that I should not do yoga cos i may overstretch and hurt myself. I did try prenatal yoga too though for a few lessons but later on ended up doing brisk walking and shopping as a form of exercise. For 2nd pregnancy, my form of exercise is to play with my daughter and still shopping.
'

I went for my detailed scan thismorning and everything seems very positive. I'm currently about 11 weeks 5 days and doc says my baby is most likely a boy. However, I still wanna wait till next month and see if he still says the baby is a boy /girl. Hear too many stories about baby supposed to be a boy and end up being a girl. :p :p

Dear all mummy,

I given birth to a baby gal on 28/04/08 and started my post Natal massage on the 30/04/08.

This massage Lady by the name of (Mdm Siti- 91460613) service was ready bad an she is a cheater too. At first when I book a 7days session at $280 with her, she was quite good initaily. She only collect a $50 in advance on the 1st day and claim that the balance amount she will collect at the end of the session. Although she is mostly late by about half hour or so, I dun ready mind because she still massage me for about 1half hour plus from the time she reach.

But things turn out sour when I extend my session to 2week!! In my 2nd week session, she collected $100 on the first day of the session. But her session only lasted for 1Hour only!! I tursted her and I given her the money on the 1st day of my 2nd session. But on the 2nd day when she suppose to come, she called me and claim that something happen in her family and she cannot come massage me for the next 2day. I thought something really happen in her family and say ok. But she just dissapper after my 1st Day of session!!

I tried to call her again but she simply did not pick up my phone call. When I tried to sms her she also never reply. Only after my few sms send to her, she than reply me that she is busy. when I tried to sms her back trying to ask her when she can come massage for me again, she just reply me that she did not recieved my sms. (If she did not recieved my sms than how come she know I sms her??). Untill now when I tried to sms her she still never reply me back. I am really very dissapointed with this massage lady. As a new mummy, everybody know that we need money a lot at this moment. And I cannot believed that this Post Natal lady just went off with the money..really very angry!!

I hope that if any mummy really need any massage lady. Pls try to avoid using this lady. She is really bad.

**sorry mummies, yesterday was super busy day for me..my boss got to know abt his promotion & everyone started to come over to congrats him so i was running ard to the pantry for tea/coffee for the guests..wow..indeed a v happy day for him..it's nt easy apparently..he's the only one that got promoted within the regions from MD to VP..so can u imagine..the whole company came over to congrats him..omg..really super busy..**

McGriddles..
haha..there's this once i saw the ad..then craved for it but when i had my 1st bite..i really regretted it..lol

hi bear..
oh..why do u hv to climb so many steps to the labs?omg..i really pei-fu u leh...even 5 steps i will start to curse & swear..lol..ur gynae more ex?omg..hw much ah?trust ur mother's instinct..this time round i m sure i m having a girl..will hope gynae confirm it for me..hee..

hi lilian..
actually i also duno hw come for the initial RH's package is so ex..but apparently when delivered, most mummies's cost are almost similar to my #1..maybe mine is slightly ex bcoz i c-sect & stayed 1 more day in RH bcoz #1 had jaundice..but really xiong lo hor..hee..did u tell Dr Koh abt ur cramp?u shd let him know..

hi hui..
add me in too..thks..
happy.gif

Nick: wtan
Edd: 16 Nov 08
Child: #2
Gynae: Dr Koh GH
Hospital: RH
Name of #1: Maverick 3-Oct-06

hi chilipadi..
no worries..b4 i was preggy with #2 already got pple offering me seat..lol..usually i will say thanks & just sit down..coz bag too heavy..
happy.gif

hi yen..
actually if bb is co-operative..during ur NT/Oscar scan can tell le..hee..my #1 was told to us during the NT scan then...we was botoh so shocked..lol..

milkshake,

wow ur gynae can see the BB gender at 11 weeks? thats superb, mine 15 weeks gynae guessed it to be girl, say next mth then can confirm ard 20 weeks.

Can't wait to buy nice nice BB clothes...

bladers, i started buying baby boy clothes since last month (even before knowing the baby's sex). Don't ask me why i did it. but when i was expecting with my baby girl last time, i also shopped for baby girl clothing when i was ard 1 mth or 2 mths preg.

I think it's cos of the 3d machine that they use that makes it easier to see the sex of the baby. I guess your gynae is just more cautious. Do u prefer boy or girl??
happy.gif

mikeshake,

wow u started buying and boy's clothings..? what if gal..?

My gynae guessed mine gal at 15 weeks but i still dare not buying the clothes, have bought over the months, but generally white colors, brown and unisex colors, would definitely b more enjoyable to buy if we know the gender...right.

I am a gan cheong mummy, any other things besides clothes we can buy first..?

I am alright with boy or gal, although older generation may prefer boy, I am happy so long as BB guai and healthy, gal can keep my company next time, shopping and other things...

bladers,

if girl, then she can wear my girl's old clothes. hee hee my girl only 16 mth old so most of her clothes are very new still (some even unworn). i bought the boy's clothes cos i just thought i could be having a boy. Also, boys' clothing not so cute in general so if can find any cute ones, confirmed have to buy. hahahahahaha

well, things that u can buy are probably (if u not pantang)....

1. cot + mattress
2. bedsheets
3. sleeping bags
4. mittens & booties (for the 1st mth)
5. easy to slip on rompers
6. bottles (if u intend to formula feed)
7. bottle and teats sterilizer if u intend to formula feed
8. baby detergent (to wash baby's clothes)
9. baby rash cream
10. pram (suitable for newborn)
11. baby car seat
12. cloth for swaddling
13. baby carrier
14. breast pump (if u breastfeeding)
15. baby oil/moisturizer
16. baby wash
17. small muslin cloth for cleaning baby's gums

ya, i also don know why most older generation pple like boys so much. luckily my inlaws and my parents don care about such things too. as u said, being healthy is most impt.

milkshake

hehe, agree on the clothing part it's so irresistable to buy! At least you've had experience in all these so the 2nd time round wld be easier for you.

I've seen a lot of sweet dresses so cute for gals and gals so many clothes and accessories to buy, boys designs are always so boring and limited..

From your list, do you buy bottles and teats first or only after delivery..? Does it mean if we 100% breastfeed then need not buy breast pumps, and bottles..? Very blur..

I also dont care gal or boy so long as grow up to be a good child and healthy..dunno what's with the older generation.

bladerssssss, yes I definitely think girls' clothing more fun to buy. So many things to wear, u will definitely spend a bomb if u have a girl.

Ok lah, not sure about other more experienced mummies with kiddos lah, but i was total breastfeeding my kid for the 1st 7 mths. But even then, i did buy 125ml avent bottles and 250ml avent bottles with teats. I also bought an avent manual breast pump and the sterilizer (both microwave and steam type).

I find the pump useful cos sometimes i want to bottle feed the baby, then i can express the milk and feed the baby from bottle. Also sometimes i wanna store some milk for freezing purpose. That's what i use my pump for la. I think for bottles, don't buy too many. just 2 of each would be enuff ba. Then only if u find u need more, then u get more.

Do u intend to go back to work after giving birth or u intend to stay home be a SAHM?

Thanks for the great advice, think I'll get the pump since it can come in handy.

I will be taking care of the baby so will become SAHM, not sure I can self manage but might hire a maid/ babysitter if cant cope. Not sure the cost of a babysitter and their working hrs..

Did u visit Isetan? They have a sale, saw some baby girls dresses, very nice.

bladers, i did go isetan but to buy toys. hahahaa i just got my girl more clothes from the sprees and i prefer the clothes from baby/kid zara, fox kids and chateau de sable.

hey, i'm sure u can manage the baby if u stay home. just hire a part time cleaner to help u clean the house lah. Babysitterss normally charge on hourly basis. It can range from 10 bucks an hour to more depending on the experience of the person.

My hub doesn't want a full time maid in the house so i've been relying on part time helpers to help me with housework.

Also, I still manage to go out everyday for coffee or lunch, mani/pedi, or just shopping with my girl. so it's definitely manageable. Just make sure u put your baby on a routine and it will definitely make your life much more easier and u will find that u do have time for your own.

Peanut, Yen, Bear & Bibi,
Thanks for your info regarding pelvic pain, indeed it comes n go.. Now didnt feel the pain liao
happy.gif

2ndbaby,
Oh, that's good. Hopefully she is really good as she sounds. How much she charge?

Milkshake,
you so fast grabbing bb's clothes liao, by the time ur bb is born, he/she sure has many clothings, keke

Bladers,
U intend to be a SAHM, nice nice.. can have a strong bond with ur bb.

Joyce, Spoke to her over the phone, she is charging $1.9k.

I had this pelvic pain for my 1st preg also. Quite severe but after sometime it will jus go away.

joyce, i cannot tahan mah...:p i still feel pretty excited over having a baby (though it's my 2nd one). So still feel kancheong about buying things for him.

But i'll still probably leave the big things like buying the cot and a double stroller till much later.
happy.gif

milkshake

haha cant believe u mentioned fox kids i happened to be there today and several items on 50% off, do check it out. I got 1 dress and 2 cardigans less than $40, very nice.

So hapy with the purchase, told my friend she said, what if BB is BOY? LOL, I becoming like u...so cute and beautiful just had to buy it.

bladerssss, fox kids the clothing more contemporary so not too flowery flowery type or lacy pattern etc for girls, that's why nice right??
happy.gif

Eh, u can also participate in the sprees organized by some of the mummies on the overseas sprees thread. I like girls' clothes by gymboree, old navy, pumpkin patch. U can try to see see look look then next time when u are pretty certain it's a girl....u can go wack. hee hee

hi, everyone had a good long wkend?
The hot weather realli unbearable. Can't even nap comfortably.

wendy, yup i told Dr Koh abt t cramp & backache. He said its ok, it may b caused by expanding womb. But personally i tink they r caused by gastric & constipation. T pain went away after I successfully 'dispose off my garbage'. Thx
happy.gif

My bb was so coorperative during t scan last Sat.. She turned herself and showed us her opened legs... Nothing sticking out. Haha.. So it's gonna be a Minnie for me.

good morning mummies,

this morning train so pack. Today wore a top that made me look pregnant but still no one gave up seat... this ppl are probably blind or super blur.

wkend was tiring. we did some church volunteer work from fri - sun so we were super tired. On sunday mite hubby and I crashed to bed at 9pm same time as megan and only woke up at 10am on Monday. Spent the day with meg as we were not home the whole wkend.

Luckily this wk boss not in town so will most likely work from home from tomorrow onwards...

Morning all
happy.gif

Congrats Lilian! R u the 1st to know bb's gender here? Mayb can update the chart liao
happy.gif

Agree on the weather these past days...horrible
sad.gif

I also din get any seat this morning on the train even thou I m wearing my maternity dress liao but I have long given up any hope of getting any kind soul to give up theirs to me lah.

Any1 did any shopping this past weekend? Lots of sale wor, think its like pre-GSS.

Kiddy Palace have storewide 15% & 20% for member, got 2 glass milk bottles.

JL 20% too. Gd to buy sterilizer.

I bought a sale top at Spring
happy.gif

hello mummies, this thread seems very chatty. Can I join. My estimated EDD is end Nov. Still looking for a CL. Any good recommendations. Thanks!

Hello gals! Enjoyed ur long wkend? I hid in the aircon room whenever i can. heh..

Sumei, poor thing.. If i walk pass any pandas, i would know it is you. heehee!

Lilian, hahaha so now u know.. eat more fruits! Congrats on ur Minnie!

I went shopping for maternity wear over the long wkend.. spent abt $500 on 9 pieces... most of the maternity wear still quite downy... sigh.. hard to get nice modern pieces.

JJmom, i checked out Spring.. didn't quite like them.. only gd thing is their jeans selection... quite ok..
happy.gif

Welcome FeatherG. U can leave ur EDD, whether this is ur first/2nd or 3rd child, ur gynae and hospital where u will be delivering and Hui will add u in the chart!

Jynnsan, weather so hot how not to drink cold drinks? i rather drink cold drinks than to overheat... don't think too much.

Can anyone share with me your package cost, i have not been offer any, my EDD is 18/Nov. Will be going for check up this Friday. Mine gynae is Dr Jeanette Chen @ KKH TPS.
happy.gif

Hi Bear.
Thanks
happy.gif
)
EDD: 26 NOV/ 2nd kid / KK

Hi Jynnsan. how do we get to choose to go to TPS in KK? by selecting a confirmed gynae whom we want to use?? Thanks

Hello!

I wish to sell away my Avent ISIS manual breast pump which I have just brought it yesterday night from Metro Woodlands (I still have the receipt with me).

Brought it at S$100.90, now selling at S$80 only. It’s brand new and unused except that I have opened the packaging. Collection at Yishun area/ Mrt. Pls sms me @ 9654 6800…

Reason to sell is bacause my hb had brought me the Medela Mini Electric yesterday too! He shld have tell me earlier… arrghh…

Bear, you been to 9mois at Paragon? Think their maternity wear quite nice.

My fren had cold drinks and desserts during her pregnancy. She jus given birth and her baby boy was down with fever and bad cough in the 1st 3wks. She blamed herself for not restricting herself and has to see her baby boy in pain. I also tried to avoid cold stuffs completely.

Hi feather, I called them directly. I mentioned that i would prefer a female consultant and they recommended me Dr Jeanette. I believe if you know any gynae, you can tell them you prefer to see that particular gynae. They will fix the appointment for you.

Jo...this is exactly what most told me about the negative effect of cold drinks. I think i will not stop completely, maybe juz try to minimize or take chilled drinks without ice.

hi ya ladies,
hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. i went swimming twice this weekend. it was a nice break for me. good thing its a short week this week. and looking forward to bali trip this sunday. =>

just had mapo tofu rice for lunch with a bowl of boxthorn veg soup. yum..its soooo hot outside i feel so sticky just gg out for lunch.

Bear,
I received a leaflet from letterbox, there's 10% discount in Mothercare Harbour Front Centre. I'm not sure the discount is till when.

Re: Cold drinks,
Its hard to stop drinking totally, especially when nowadays, the weather is soo HOT. I also try to stay in air con places otherwise I would turn on air-con at home. I just drank fruit juice during lunch. However, I try to limit myself to drink cold. I ever ate ice-cream too. so shiok in this hot weather :>

Hello gals!!! Long time no see. hahaha.. no excuses.. just plain lazy and tired to logon.

Updates:
Went for routine checkup on sat. Havent seen baby for a month and BB has grown so much and now looks more like BB. BB is very guai, opened legs wide so gynae is able to tell the gender and say 99% confirmed wo. Hahaha.. i went to search the lunar baby chart posted sometime back in this thread and hey quite accurate wo.

BB stuffs :
My HB bought a baby car seat and loads of bb clothes during his us trip. We bought a bb cot yesterday. A gift from bb's grandpa.

Maternity wear :
Already been wearing liao. Most of them bought by my hb as i'm too sick to go shopping for awhile. Luckily his taste not too bad lah.

Bear: 9 pieces for $500... hmmm average out, 1 piece about $50 plus. A little ex. Where did you shop?

BB gender : How many of us here know bb gender liao?

Massage Lady : Thanks to all that provides advice. I will engage one. If any of you have good recommendation, please let me know hor.

Back