(2008/11) November 2008

dreamy,

whats the gender of ur baby? My 15 weeks gynae guessed girl but say not confirmed will till next mth, i oredi bought some bb gals clothings yesterday at a sale haha...people say what if boy ar..??

Cold drinks : Yen, i agree with you. My family and hb had been nagging me about the cold drinks and ice-cream i had been consuming. But i very bad, continue to ignore their advice. How to refrain. Weather so hot. At night, i need the fan (aim at me, not moving) + air-con to keep cool. I feel so heaty most of the time, i need icy drinks, even ice-cold plain water. I hope this will not affect bb. But i just cannot stand the heat.

Maybe i will reduce but very hard to stop.

MRT seat :
So far only one nice lady gave up her seat to me once. and its only 2 stops away. i refused initially but since she insist, i took the seat and thank her. After that incidence, no one give up seat for me le.

jynnsan : My package cost is $700 which includes the routine consultation, scans, urine tests etc. Vits are charged separately.

Hi milkshake,

find their brand stylish, nicer than branded clothings somehow. And most impt dont burn a hole in the pocket. I bought mid driff cardigan like those that I wear so find it so cute to have mini versions..!

Yen,

Yes, i was told to cut down on cold drinks and orange juice as I had been consuming a lot lately. Not gd for BB.

Re: cold drinks
I will just drink lor. simply becos i dun wanna overheat. honestly i feel that there are lotsa reasons when a bb falls ill. Blaming it on diet/cold water, seems too simplistic. Right now i rather worry abt things like congenital deformities, if my bb is smart etc than worrying over cold drinks. heehee.. :p

Dreamyjo, so wat's ur bb's gender? don't keep us in suspense!! I bought the clothes from 4 shops, Modern Maternity, Maternity exchange, Perfect Mum and Cloud-9. Maternity Exchange one was a bit more ex cos their stuff are imported.

Yen, Mothercare got limited design for maternity clothes right?
happy.gif

Bladers, Mine is a mickey. Hehe cos can see the triangle thingy between the legs. Dr even see it twice on the scan.
happy.gif
My hb also accidentally bought boy stuffs when he is choosing unisex clothing for the bb. Is that his gut feeling? I also say what if its a minnie, how. He say he never check properly. He even joked, now confirmed liao, can take back the boy clothing that he bought and which i passed to my bro.
dont know leh, i always think i will have a minnie.

dreamyjo, ur BB so guai.. hahaz~ now i'm wondering if mine is mickey or minnie.. hmmz~ hope next appt can see.. by den 16 wks plus le..

Dreamyjo, thanks $700, i will take note and not sure the doctor will explain to me the package this friday or not. So wk 14 is still to early to determine the gender right, hmm, guess i still need to wait.

Jenn, i'm sure your bb will cooperate too. Maybe just tell bb to open leg for the next appointment. Thats what one of my friend did. and bb really cooperate.

feather : My package starts at week12.

jynnsan : It depends on individual. Actually my current gynae did briefly mention it may be a boy during 10-12 weeks based on the scan but say not confirm have to wait. Now at week 15, then see more clearly.

dreamyjo, yours private gynae or KK?
package do not include detailed scan $? How much is detailed scan. sorry so many Q ;) pai seh

bladers,
Cut down on orange juice? I drank red apple+orange drink during lunch. I had drank orange juice (not really cold) from MacDonald's yesterday evening. I tot orange is rich in vitamin C. Is it because orange will cause phelgm in baby? I also took papaya too as I had constipation, my gynae says papaya is fine. Then how about kiwi? I just bought 4 golden kiwis from cold storages for $3.95.

Bear,
I didn't go to Mothercare Harbour Front as my colleagues had passed some maternity clothes to me. I bought some from Mother Care last year @ suntec city branch before it was closed. I bought 3 tops and 3 bottoms(those tied string pants) and costs me about $90. Agree, the designs are limited. :D

jynnsan,
My pkg cost is $688 starting from wk 12 and includes consultation, scans and urine test. Blood tests, detail scan and vitamins are excluded.

Thanks Yen...

i juz conducted the NT scan and took blood test 2 weeks ago for determining DS. The doctor had scheduled another scan next month, does anyone know wat is tat test for?

... wher can we getting smaller maternity bottoms for small people like me? I dun wan to end up having to wear dresses all the time...

actually i love oranges and the juices, i drink quite a bit, just have to moderate more now since ppl keep saying abt it..yes phlegm and possible asthma, if family line has asthma before.

dreamy,

haha the triangle thing i thot long...so cute.

The other day i saw BB scan I thot I saw something long but doc said nothing ... Hmmm.. wonders.

jynnsan, My package is from private gynae in TMC.
Nope it doesnt include scans like details scan, oscar nor NT scans.

Regarding these scans, i paid 400 plus during oscar. now i realise that package includes detail scanning @ wk 20 too. So in june 17, when i go for the detail scanning, i dont have to pay again. haha.. now i'm relief. I was shocked when i paid 400 plus for oscar when some of you paid much lower.

bladers : I also like 'what is that huh' when she point at the thing. then she laughs and say its the p* lah.. its not long but its pointy like a triangle and a little fat. Maybe yours is till early. I saw it only near to 16 weeks. I recorded the scan and show to my family. My mom and bro recognise but not my dad. weird. hahaha

Hey, i suggest if your gynae allows, you can record while you do the ultra-sound. Its a good way to remember what you have seen. My hb used my hp to record. This is the first time my hb sees the bb moves.

re. prenatal massage at House of Traditional Javanese:
I went on Sat.. alamak a bit disappointing leh..

1) the press are too soft for me
2) A bit too oily for my liking.. they use the oil like free one - mus use towel to wipe off as much before u leave otherwise with this humid weather u'll feel sticky and slippery walking outside

Masseur say cos stil early she can't press hard for me.. when she did my legs i like feel nothing.. got a bit pek chek.. Shoulder slightly harder but stil not the pressure that i'm looking forward to.. She said hav to wait until later stage when got water retention then will use more pressure..

Guess i'll not go again for the timebeing.. mayb 6mths then go back when she can press harder.
But then again its on individual.. my sis quite like it.

dreamyjo,
hubby and i went Mothercare to look around on Sunday too. i like their cots there.

fruit juice: i am really enjoying carrot w orange juice. been havin it almost everyday since friday. its soo refreshing. even had sugarcane juice coz e weather is just hot hot hot.

hey ladies,
know of any nice yong tau foo stall in the west area? me thinkin of having yong tau foo for dinner..=P

oh, i was trying to look around on sunday for the belly band but couldnt find any. can recommend any shop with nice belly bands?

Dreamyjo! that's gd! Congrats on ur Mickey... heeehee.. so only 2 ppl know the gender. i hope to know mine next mth. still long way to go..
sad.gif

Yen, ya i think Mothercare mostly for kids stuff.. anyway me not buying anything for now. thanks for the tips.

Peanut, oh.. may be still early in ur preg that's why the masseur more gentle. nvm.. u can always try again. Actually i had probs wearing the maternity top. I lost quite a bit of wt so even XS also a bit loose for me. i think for bottoms, most of them are adjustable so u might be able to fit. U try and see how.

Bear, Thanks! you will know soon enough.

Haru, i went to mothercare too. I like the cots but they are too expensive. initially i'm thinking of taking over my hb's friends cot (a little old) but since my dad is offering to give, but i still help him to 'xin teng' his money. In the end, i bought the cot at a distributor store in kakit bukit @288. not too bad and reasonable price too. The bb stuffs in mothercare, personally i feel is on the high side.

bear..
that time i went into 1 of the maternity shop and the sales straightaway told me i v difficult to get bottoms one.. cos my size so small.

Bear, try the lunar gender predictator chart if you keen to know your baby gender. Alot of my friends tried it and its very very accurate. I tried it too and it shows 'M'. When I did my scan on the 14wk, we saw something pop up between the legs and gynae said that should be the little *p*.

Ladies, not too sure if you already know that there will be Motherhood 08 fair from 5-8 June @ Sg Expo Hall 5A. Can start shopping for baby stuffs liao. Hehe.
happy.gif

http://www.singapore-expo.com.sg/events_calendar.php

Hi Jo, thanks for informing us about the motherhood fair. I'm ignorant about that. Have to start saving up to shop while there..
happy.gif

Dreamyjo, thanks for the Mothercare tip. Was just wondering, how do u choose cots? there are so many types out there. is there a list of requirements/ recommendations to buy cots? that's the thing abt bb stuff.. so many brands, so many models, so many types.. things like breast pumps, cots, strollers and car seats.. urgh so hard to buy...

Jo, i tried the charts liao.. heehee. my MIL wanted a boy so i was looking to see when i shd do it to try getting a boy. the charts supposedly predict a boy for me but until i see the penis, i m not putting too much hope on them.

Ya i saw the Expo fair too.. dunno if i will be gg though although i live nearby.
happy.gif
go also dunno wat to buy.. rather do more research now..

Bear, i'm equally blur too. I only get the same cot as my bro as i think he knows better, he say the cot convertible and can accomodate a child up to 5 years. :p as for child seat, my hb work friends highly recommend. All i know is that the child seat is able to fit in an infant and can recline. As for the rest, like bottles ... i think i will research more before buying. As for breast pumps, i heard that manual pump very tedious, so an electric one will save you alot of hard work. however a dual pump is even better as while you pumping one side, the other side may leak. I think quite a lot of people use the medela brand. I'm still thinking whether should i borrow or buy. but buy hor very expensive. another thing is, if bought the pump, cant breastfeed how, so wasteful. aiya, alot of 'ifs'.

jynnsan : i didnt. I thought most maternity insurance you have to buy before you even become pregnant. I did not anticipate and so did not buy. I more looking for child insurance now. I may buy before bb is born.

Dreamyjo,
Congrats on your lil mickey. Now can start see see, shop shop liao
happy.gif
I'm still waiting for mine. Next check up is next week. Hope to know.

Jynnsan,
Think dreamyjo is right. There is window period for maternity insurance,you need to have it 12 months prior to getting pregnant in order for the plan to work. Now is a bit late.

shopping: i have not bot anything yet. i think i'll start to do that in a month of two, pref before 3rd tri. prob be a lil too clumsy to do much shopping then. guess we will try to get a cot first. coz we have to work out e space arrangement in our home to fit it in. prob then get the clothes a lil later after confirming gender. then followed by all e essentials. must say it was vert tempting to get e cute clothings from mothercare on sunday. its so soft cute!! everything is itsy bitsy, really adorable.

peanut,

Not too sure but always hear feedback names like 'House.. of ' or words like 'Javanese Massage' normally the massage not very good.

haru,

I oredi got clothings few times and yesterday i even bought gals clothes and cardigans so cute..cant resist buying.

Dreamyjo, ya lor.. i think there must be articles out there recommending what we shd look out for when we buy these ex stuff. i read abt Mendela too.. only think i kn is that Robinsons doesn't sell it.

Me thinking of getting those infant capsule cos i have to bring my bb to my MIL's place everyday. And my maternity leave would be abt 6 wks nia. dunno if it is feasible. for some brands, their infant capsules is compatible with their strollers.. aiyoh so confusing.

Haru, ya i agree with u.. some of the bb stuff are soooooo cuuuuute. heh.. but i also not buying until 3rd trimester unless there is a huge saving on it.

so cute!!i love those girly clothings. hubby bot me a nice three quart track pants from nike and a pair of nike air shoes yesterday. hee..he says makes me look like a fit mummy. hahaha..

Yo all, not sure are you aware that there is a upcomong seminar relating to pregnancy and children held @ SPH News Centre Auditorium on 25 May 08. Only $10 per person. The topic is as follows:
1. Pregnancy Matters
- Planning for a Baby
- Antenatal care: What's new?
- Vaginal delivery vs Caesarean section
2. You are what you eat in Childhood
- The importance of childhood nutrition
- How to choose your food
- What if you don't do it right?
3. Overcoming Common Parenting Challenges
- Handling changes in marital relationships after the baby arrives
- Managing your emotions and frustration
- Dealing with children's difficult behaviour
You can 63192818 to register if you are interested to attend.
Cheers

Hi guys..

The thread very quiet leh.. where's Hui and her exciting breakfast? Sumei leh? still a panda?

Bladers, the flora top so sweet..
happy.gif

Jynnsan, thanks for the info.

Haru, u also start buying maternity stuff? heehee.. can be quite addictive. :p

hi gals... i go to kiddy palace every wk but refraining myself to buy anything yet till i know BB's gender ba.. but i have so many stuffs on my list le =D all e clothes so lovely n sweet~ cannot control eh..

hiyo all.. yday just got my NT scan ^_^ and my baby was so stubborn that dun wan to stretch to let us see he/her neck. Then i got no choice to walk out of the room and keep drinking water till i nearly puke! hahah the person say it looks normal so ask me not to worry.

At the end manage to see abit more. Its quite cool that i can see my bb's tiny legs, hands and thigh.. Not sure whether is it normal or not. tomorrow then doc adrian would be explaining it to me. =/

Btw any recommend what kind of milk must i drink? Do you all have MS getting milder? is this normal? =)

Fabbie, i still have mild MS on & off especially when i felt hungry or empty stomach. Currently i had bought Dumex milk powder for pregnant woman.

bladers,
the floral dress is so sweet. How i wish i can know my baby's gender to start buying stuff...

Re:Maternity stuff
I didn't buy much as most of my maternity clothes are inherited from my colleagues.
Whenever I pass by baby shops like mothercare, kiddy palace, I like to see the stuff in there although I can't buy yet :p

Fabbie,
My MS stopped at wk10. I'm also drinking Dumex Mamil milk powder(vanilla) for pregnant woman same as Jynnsan. I was advised to drink 2 glasses daily by my gynae as I was not given any calcium pills due to constipation.

Morning all, had fried beehoon mee with fishcake for breakfast...yummy

Milk :
I also try to drink 2 glass a day coz sometime I skip my cal pill as I hate it. Mine is anmum.

Maternity clothes :
Din get much except 1 ON spree jean, 2 black pants, 1 white pants & 3 basic top. Most of mine r hand-me-down from my sis.

Baby stuff :
Haven know bb's gender yet so din buy much too. Only got 2 9oz glass milk bottle.

Back