(2008/11) November 2008


what can we take to "cool" ourself down since now can't take liang teh? I already drank 3 litres of plain water everyday...
 
Discharge, I also have quite alot of yellow discharge. If not enough water, it will be thicker. As long not smelly or itchy..should be ok.

JJmom ,can check with u how much is yr average bill @ Private suite? Now I at Clinic, thinking of upgrading..but worry about the additional cost.

Bear...my BP 70/40 leh, I am surprise y gynae never comment anything..I feel is very low. what is the norm rate?
 
hey Bear,
u didnt puke rite? =P

just had tom yam noodles for lunch. not bad except i felt it was not spicy enough. but felt like puking right aft eating..back at work now, few more hours to go..
 
Vincy, think consultation abt $60+ coz my gynae is a senior consultant. Med charges shd b the same de bah?
 
Hello ladies,

Just wondering whether anyone of you is interested in prenatal yoga at Bishan CC.

Hope to gather enough students before a class can start. Class size is 9-10 people. Please contact Rita, the yoga teacher if you would like to join or find out more. Her hp is 94872845. Cheers!
 
Re discharge:
Its normal to hav more during pregnancy, as long as it doens't cause itch which may be a sign of infection.
 
Hi all,

im having quite heavy discharge at times too.. like vincy said. If its not smelly or itchy, its normal. I read some article on this from babycenter.com
 
Sumei,
same problem, i hav constipation and buttock hurts. went see a GP and he gave me cream to apply + syrup (safe for pregnant women) to soften up the stool. After 2 applies, i feel much better now
 
Hi guys, really hot today.. felt very light headed on my way back from lunch.. now very nauseated. my fren was so afraid i puke on her!

Re: discharge
Mine still ok leh.. not a lot more. but i don't drink 3L of water! haha... the increase in mucus is part of the mucus plug formation.

Vincy, wah ur bp so low? this one u measured urself? I rem the nurse telling me ur diasytolic pressure (the lower number) shdn't be less than 50. normal bp is 120/90 but if before u preggie, u have low bp, it prob will be lower during pregnancy.

Haru, heehee.. u also nv puke wat.. just feel very kang kor lor... i also feeling the same way as u do.. just now happily eating my noodles, once finished it i wanna puke!

Joyce, ya i so hot that i go to the tap to soak my hands under water once in an hr.. so hot!
 
happy.gif
Glad the discharge is nothing to worry about. no itch or weird sensation.
Bt i always drink 3L of water even before i got pregnant. hope that is not too much.
Anyone here has gone for spa or massage around week 13-14? If yes any good spa or massage place to recommend? my neck is killing me.
 
Hey
u gals know of any agency offering cheaper free & easy package to taipei? I checked a few for 4days 3 nights all almost 1K.. so exp.. but i insist on SQ lah.. dun dare to take china eastern wor
 
bear, haru,
we bought the BP machine for my MIL when she was diagnosed with high BP. Mine is the digital one but not taken from wrist. Mine is taken from the arm, also quite accurate.

Vincy,
As long as BP is low, it's a good sign, cannot have high BP. High BP = high risk pregnancy. Not good for mummy and baby

BTW, during lunch, I went to Maternity Exchange to take a look at the Belly Band. Apparently the belly band is useful when you still want to continue to wear ur pre-pregancy pants. The band helps to hold the pant up. Can also continue to use it after delivery as layering for your everyday clothes.

RE:discharge
I notice lately I don't have much discharge. Like Bear, I drink alot of water. Every time I feel nausea, I will start drinking water.

Note of Caution:
Mummies who feel that you are too heaty, pls do not go drink starfruit and papaya juice combination. My sis's fren felt heaty and went to drink that combination juice and ended with a miscarriage. apparently starfruit juice is too "Liang" for preggie ladies.
 
minkybear,
i intend to engage this lady to my house for prenatal massage. she charges $68 for an hour massage. gynae says can do massage but must avoid tummy as massage might trigger early contractions. I only intend to start the massage after 15 weeks - more into 2nd trimester although my back hurts a lot now.
 
Thanks all for your reply on discharge thing.. So it is normal lar, no worry for me liao..

2nd baby, i had my appt last fri with NT scan, so the next appt will be month end.. How's ur bb?

Sansforum, i not sure lei, shd be ok bah cause this is the 1st time getting from Nation. Maybe after i got my maid then only can tell u more.
 
been sticking mostly to apple juice without ice.not too adventureous with the rest of the juice. bt i did take papaya when i feel constipated.

Chilipadi,
Do let me know if the lady is good ok. Probably will like to try her too. Me going to Bangkok next week wanted to try the massage there... now going to have second tots.

Don't know about you guys bt i realise that when ever i go for scan the dates are usually different from what i counted for myself. like from my last menses till now. I should be 14th week bt scan say i am only 13th week. Anyone has similar situation?
 
JJmom, KKH call u already? they call me after blood test my chance of getting a DS baby is 1:8563 (Low Risk), but i forgot to ask about Chromosome defect.
 
chillipadi,

cham, i drink starfruit juice quite often leh... add salt to it too... but normally is starfruit mixed with orange...
 
Vincy, not yet leh
sad.gif


Oops, I dunno even know tat they check on other defects too.

Tat's 1 problem abt KKH, dunno who to call to check...sigh. A bit regret to choose KKH becoz of this
sad.gif
 
me taking apples, oranges, star fruit, papaya, mango, guava etc.. All in moderation
happy.gif


Recently crave for cold drinks or some sweets after main meals. ANyone had the same carving for sweet stuffs? Meantime also afraid putting too much weight after taking sweet things.
 
Joyce, I had my apptm last Fri too. Hee.. din chance upon u. BB is growing well. Thx.

Minkybear, the last few check up, I suppose to be 8 wks but scan stated 7 wks.. so diff also.
 
i am taking alot of grapes and mandarins.as for cravings, I only have appetite to eat food when there is chili. No chili, I have no appetite at all. At the moment still cannot eat alot of meat. If I see a big piece of meat, I loose my appetite. Even giving my favorite chicken wings a miss cos' when I look at it, appetite all gone. Take alot of veggies so my bowels are very regular and not stools are not hard.
 
Chilipadi..same same. I eat with chili most of the time.. actually havnt been really eating healthy food for bb..crave for laksa, MOS burger etc..

*yawn* im so sleepy at work.. endure another 2 hrs then can go home liao. But think of taking the crowded train.. aiyo..
 
i've nvr really fancied starfruit so not taken it at all. mostly having orange, watermelon or carrot juice. i love carrot juice!

chilipadi,
i love bbq chix wings now.hehehe..

hui,
u planning to go taiwan? i am hoping that hubby and i can go for a short trip to bali sometime in june too..
 
peanut00,
I took Jetstar to Taipei last year. They shd b ok la. Afterall, they are subsidary of JetAsia which is Australia company... if i'm not wrong.
Dun really need 2 find travel agent to go taipei. I booked my hotels online. And u can get airport transfer service from the airport counter very easily & affordable.
 
Travelling:
I have justed booked my business trip to sydney. now trying to convince my hubby to come with me and bring megan along. Since I will be there for training tha he might as well come along. Not sure if I can convince him... sigh...
 
hui,
u mean Virgo not serving SG now?
No wonder i can't find itinenary for it on Five Star website. Only got Aquarius
sad.gif
 
lilian
thanks for the fdback on jetstar. i'm actually stil deciding bet taipei and koh samui.. taipei sounds more interesting but will be crowded so i'm a bit worried that will get tired more easily there.. whereas koh samui is more relaxing and laid back =)
 
happy.gif
i always crave for sweet things after meal! hehe... bt now got to cut down. Fruits are good bt occasionally i will treat myself to some cakes.Love brownies from coffeebean.

fruits me taking apple, kiwi, banana n grape.
took some durians sometime back... cant digest.:p
 
peanut00,
really?? sob!!! i really looking forward to bali trip actually...i dun want to fly Garuda.=<
 
peanut,
ya.. taipei dun seem too 'friendly' for a preggie. Have nvr been to Koh Samui. Wat can do there?

hui, ya, virgo is t big big one. It's more luxurious than t other star cruise fleet. But i find t food on virgo very lousy.
 
durians.. my mil keep buying and asking me to eat eat eat.. also dun fancy it now. Told her heaty but she say eat more then wont be heaty (? wat logi?). Somemore tell me eat liao poo poo easier.. ??? -_-
 
er.. durian will cause constipation n high in sugar dont know if too much is good for us. bt really during our mother's time they eat everything not like us now. cant take this and that.
 
haru,
u can try Aug see if avail bo.. i had wanted v much Bali as well but bobian no tix and i dun wan to wait until so long for a trip. Garuda yucky leh, safety record v bad..

Lilian,
Koh samui = nice beach, temples, massage, thai food.. haa.. sound a bit boring, but go ther jus to relax is fine lah
 


peanut00,
ur MIL very funny leh! my boss wife ate lots of durians during one of her pregnancy and her daughter now is very strong and healthy. => she always say that durian is one of the most nutritious fruit, hahaha..

so sad bout Bali, can't believe its full so soon already.=< no choice will hv to see when is the next earliest avail date then. i hv been dreaming of lounging around the pool and seaside sipping my fruit juice..

minkybear,
i took bbq sausage,steak, lamb, chicken wings bout 2 weeks ago. couldnt resist! its ok as long as in moderation and meat is well done.
 

Back
Top