(2008/10) Oct 2008

mousebb
yah thought it's a good deal too... think most prob will get it
happy.gif
your last epi administration must have touched your nerves, that's why so pain right?! Aiyoh!!!

beary
I also want tim sum......... *drool*

xinying
Why must Csect today??? baby really toooo big??? So Thursday you will pop! OMG!!! Another mummy had overtaken me!!!!!!!! don't cry don't cry! It's a happy occasion to see baby
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Mousebb,

Was abt to page for you then I saw yr posts!
happy.gif

Actually like you I oso darn scared of needles esp the Epi's ones are so huge/thick -_-"

Whitepaper,

$550 is a very gd deal for a BN PIS, can consider wor!

Xinying,

So fast?? Why yr gynae want to take out yr boy so fast??

</font>

xinying,
*pat* Dun cry, as long as bb can be arrived healthily, doesnt matter is thru c-sec or natural delivery right? Must be happy and strong for ur bb, u going to carry ur giant soon! Congrats!

<font color="119911">Xinying,

Wah...can understand u must have been shocked by your gynae to suggest c-sect today when u r not prepared.

But vy fast, u will get to c your bb boy le wor
happy.gif
it's natiral to have mix feelings now.

Woohoo...another bb for this week
happy.gif
So happy &amp; excited for u, xinying
happy.gif
Jiayou &amp; update us ok
happy.gif
</font>

G'd afternoon mummies!
Am back from lunch, feeling so lethargic at work. Havent complete my handover to my colleague. She's so damn slow at learning things n need me to tell her step by step. I've already started doing handover abt 1.5mths ago and still havent finish. Quite fed up with her!

I still have 4days childcare to clear but seems like dont have much dates for me to choose from coz im also clearing some of my leave on 23/26 &amp; 29th.

Re: showering
I'll be showering b4 i discharge from hospital else i'll feel very uncomfortable. Btw, for mummies having natural delivery, will have to wash your private area after you pee or poo.Gynae will also give some solution to clean with cotton wool.

Probably i'll shower on alternate days coz im quite lazy to shower. hehee
But on the 2nd week, will shower daily coz will be having my post natal massage.

C-sec is schedule for 25 coz by 25, i'm 38W1D.
My gynae's policy for c-sec is max 2 weeks before EDD. So he dun allow me to delay any further. My hubby is so busy for F1. He now negoitating with his Chef to take leave etc.
Bloody F1!!!!!

<font color="aa00aa">Xinying
Dont cry! You should be happy that you will be seeing your bb soon!!! Have a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

Littlebluey
I'm still around. Dont want to give birth yet!</font>

Hi Phtanus &amp; Ruffles,
Dont worry too much abt baby being small now coz during the last 4weeks, baby will suddenly grow quite fast, probably at least 1kg.

And like what other mummies say, small baby are easier to deliver &amp; u wont have to worry abt having to go thru c-sec.
happy.gif

<font color="119911">beary,</font>
<font color="119911">wah...dim sum, yummy! gd for u to go enjoy yourself, have a gd time
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="119911">whitepaper,</font>
<font color="119911">really thanks for helping me getting so many things =P, so vy nice of u
happy.gif

wah...u really brave leh, only take laughing gas. I think I sure cannot make it lah. Guess tat only leaves me with epi liao loh, better mommy suffer than my bb suffer loh...no choice
sad.gif
Will try to ask for the lower dose then</font>

Hi Xinying,
Y ur gynae got such policy, i always thought that we can get to choose a date that we want to c-sec? And especially since baby is alraedy big, so what's wrong with letting baby stay in the womb to grow bigger?

Anyway, good luck for ur c-sec!
happy.gif
u opting for GA or epi?

<font color="119911">whitepaper</font>

<font color="119911">so your reason for not choosing thigh jab is also bcoz of the side effects on bb right?

but i wonder how much will bb really b affected coz my cousin &amp; friends had the thigh jabs instead of epi &amp; their bb seems fine lei...</font>

<font color="119911">Which mommy also thinking of buying the endo thermal magic cooker huh?

Anyway Isetan private sale having the promotion tat buying the 6L 1 ($79 or $89), gets the small 1 FOC. Think it quite a gd deal coz I went to check at Metro, the cost abt $39 or $49. The small size 1 is gd for cooking soup or porridge for our bb
happy.gif

Hmmm...super tempted but I already have pressure cooker leh =P</font>

<font color="119911">ChrisLin,</font>

<font color="119911">Oh u did? They said bb will be too drowsy for BFing &amp; this may last abt a week. Also bb may have breathing problem.

Sounds scary wor, so i m quite worried</font>

Hi jjmon,
i had jab at thigh for my 1st and there's no side effects etc. So far quite a few of my colleagues also took that jab b4 and baby n mummy are also ok.1 of my colleague told me as long as jab is taken 3hrs b4 delivery of baby, shd be ok.

The pain relief effect of the jab will wear off abt 3-5hrs later.So while it's in effect, u'll be able to sleep well w/o feeling the contraction pain.

If my 2nd labour is going to be long,i think i'll opt for this thigh jab again.
happy.gif

mousebb, yes, tat's what I heard too. So some may have problem when it's time for them to push...hahaha, mommy fall asleep.

Hi jjmon,
so far i only heard of mummies who took epi having problem pushing the baby out. Coz they probably took high dose and when it was time to push, they dun feel the pain and so no urge to push strongly and end up baby gotta vaccum or use forceps.

Everything with baby is good. Good position, good placenta. Except the weight.
Today weight estimation is 4.2kg!!!
Head diameter is 10.21cm. So... gynae say cfm must c-sec. No way can natural.
As to why c-sec at week 38, he say worry that if delay, then it'll be emergency c-sec. So his policy is max 38 weeks must c-sec lor.

<font color="119911">MrsLau, ChrisLin,</font>

<font color="119911">actually i m more worried abt the side effects on bb than on me loh.

coz the drug will go straight to our blood &amp; the placenta thus direct effects on our bb.

R your bbs latching on for BF well since day 1?</font>

wow... so many postings since i disappeared for lunch!!!

everafter,
hehehe.. u're so cute leh.. still can think of plastic surgery... hahaha... ;)

whitepaper,
good to hear u're alrite.. i also have a feeling u'll carry to full term le.. hehe.. since u dont have much complaints during ur entire pregnancy wor... so lucky!!

beary,
dont worry so much! as per mother nature has it... all babies will descend when its time to do so... so, dont worry ya!! and yes, just post here or talk to ur hubby for support whenever u need to... we're all here for each other!!
happy.gif

Phtanus,
will wait for ur updates ya!! ;)

Ruffles,
u take care too.. update us after ur appt this wed ya!!

mspiggy,
u must be tired esp. since u have to orientate ur new maid? do take care and rest well.. might be good to start ur leave earlier since u r still having discharge.. take care!!!

mousebb,
kekeke...ur hubby so funny.. but its true lah.. for each parents, sure got 1 act as the good one, the other must act as the disciplinarian lor.. kekeke...

xinying,
wow... so, ur c-sect cfmed for the 25th?? is it really cos' bb is too big? cannot wait till Oct?? i've also nv heard of such policy leh.. but maybe there's other reasons? how heavy is ur bb now??

don't worry and dont cry... u'll be really excited to see ur little one!! Jia You!!
happy.gif

JJmom,
Diane had the thigh jab too.. i asked her if there were any side effects and she said she didnt have... neither did her baby... so, im guessing it might be dependent on each individual's body...

btw, is the endo magic cooker any good?? hmmm... i've never seen the real thing, but read alot of ppl seems to be using it from the forum....

<font color="119911">Forest,</font>

<font color="119911">Abt the magic cooker, i also dunno lei but heard from others who have been using it, sounds gd wor.

Rachelmom, is 1 of them. Think Bluey also bought 1

My family is cantonese so we really cook a lot of soups &amp; stew stuff. Will b gd for us to save $ &amp; time for long cooking.

But I already have a pressure cooker loh, will become white elephant then =P DH has been asking me to save $ for bb wor</font>

Hi Xinying,
Oic, so ur gynae scared if delay longer may end up with emergency c-sec.

Hi jjmon,
yupyup,i was latching my boy even on day 1 and dun think he's sleeping alot more than other babies nor did he get any side effects. There's a score for newborn babies's health, Apgar score, and he's was quite good.
happy.gif

Upon delivery of the baby in the delivery ward, the nurse will bring the baby to suck at the colastrum and at the same time to test the baby's suckling instincts.

<font color="119911">Isetan Private Sale 25.09.2008 :</font>

<font color="119911">Beside this Endo thermal magic cooker, the 'tiger' thermal flask also having promotion too. Hmmm...think gd when we need to bring bb's porridge out? My sis is using it, dunno shd i buy too =P</font>

<font color="119911">MrsLau</font>

<font color="119911">Thanks for the infor on thigh jab
happy.gif
hmmm...tat's mean I still have a choice to consider beside epi.

What the side effects of epi tat makes most mommies wanna avoid it huh? the backaches? Any other reasons?</font>

my gynae policy for c-sec is max 38 weeks. So ya lor... c-sec cfm on 25th liao. C-sec with Epi. I want to experience as much as i can.
C-sec due to baby's weight.

U mean ur gynae's dun have such policy for c-sec? Anyone can share?

xinying,
wow ur bb is realli big.. 38wk 4.2kg liao.. u must be feeling veri tired and heavy to walk right?

pain killer
------------
epi - common side effect is back pain but again not every1 will kanna lor.
thigh jab - help u to relax so more easy to push but again some mummies say too relax until no urge to push haha :p
laughing gas - best to relieve the pain when u inhale correctly but too much will make u drowy.

above is wat i heard from experience mummies but dunno true anot.

btw, any mummies confinement is done by ur own mum or mil? do u give them $? if yes, how much? cant be paying the same amt as the CL right?

xinying,

my gynae's policy is also the same, she scared after 38th weeks, will spontaneously go into labour and have to do an emergency c-sec. might be better to be prepared with date and have the theatre booked as well.

i'm so excited for your finger nibbling giant and for yourself! mine's next friday and i still feel like i have tons to do. like what the other mommies say, as long as baby and you are safe then ok already.
happy.gif

JJmom,
hmmm... i wonder if i'll need it? all sounds like good investment wor... personally, i have no thermos flask or thermal cooker yet... but not sure if i'll use them?? i also wish to save $ for bb.. but if its something that i'll have to use anyway, might as well get during sales right?? kakaka....

but i have no isetan card wor... hmmm......

xinying,
i see! no wonder ur gynae wants to c-sec u so fast... wow.. that means u only have 3 days to ur c-sec date wor... must get ur last min stuffs ready then!!

for my gynae, he is pro natural.. so, im not sure if he has any of such policy for c-sec though...

<font face="tahoma"> me back.

xinying, wow! your bb is really power baby! very very good weight! must be very adorable. cant wait to see his pic.
happy.gif

my gynae also advise if going for c sect must go ard 38 wk coz they worried our waterbag burst then become emergency case.</font>

JJmom
I chose epi over thigh jab is becoz... if suay suay need to go e-csect, I can go straight away lor, and still can see baby once it pops out, instead of GA which makes me the last one to see baby. But yes, epi also got side effects, my colleague got numbness in her legs on/off eversince her epi 2 years ago.

forest
Yes I suppose I'm lucky. Other than vomitting duirng 1st tri, I escaped from all other pregnancy complaints
happy.gif
we gotta hang on no matter what, just a few more weeks to go!
happy.gif

Come to think of it, we'll be here supporting each other for a long time yah??? When baby becomes teenager, maybe we are still here discussing how to fend off the butterflies for him/ her. haha.

<font color="119911">xinying>> i think i heard b4 that normally c-sect will be about 2 weeks b4 EDD just in case wait ur baby decide to pop by early!

jjmom>> wah u now already thinking about porridge for baby ah? ;P thats at least 6 months after baby born then can take solids mah... hehe.. a bit early i feel. u can wait til GSS next year
happy.gif
but if u worry dun have this good deal, i guess there's no harm in stocking up

meslau, chris>> can i know what is the thigh jab thingy? is not epi or the gas? wats the name? issit the start with P one? chris, c-sect oso can opt for thigh jab?

</font>

hello mummies
got 2 days mc cos my knee wound (from my fall last week) is infected.. just as well, gives me some time to do last minute stuff. cldnt sleep from 2.30am - 4am last night either..dunno why..sigh.

my mucus plug dislodged today.. sounds gross huh. heh. i was initially a little alarmed, but a google search revealed that it's the same as bloody show..not indicative of the start of labor. really crossing my fingers bb will stay in me for another 4 days, till hb comes bk this fri.

chris,
ashton is duper cute!
happy.gif
n hmm..yeah, i'm curious also..do u wait for him to cry / pick him up when u see him rooting? or follow a schedule for b/feeding?

xinying
i can understand how u feel..was in a daze n cried when my 1st gynae told me tt bb was big n may hv to go for c-sec if he continues growing at that rate..you muz b really caught off guard..but don't worry..c-sec or natural, it doesnt matter as long as bb n u r healthy n safe.

whitepaper
yeah..that's a heartwarming thot..that we'll b here for each other in the years to come.

on names
my hubby is thinking of giving bb a hanyu pinyin name only..as opposed to having a dialect name as well. do u all know if that's ok? my mum was rather upset, cos she thinks that way, bb's surname will be different from the father's.. etc etc.. but my hb was saying nobody uses dialect names these days n he doesnt want our son to be saddled with christian name, hanyu pinyin name And dialect name..hmm...

<font color="119911">curioxete>> i read that mucous plug dislodge normally labour will occur within 1-2 week leh... so should be soon? u which week? were u at home when it happened? messy not? lucky not at work ya
happy.gif
</font>

Curioxete... we are both expecting the time bomb to go off anytime. Just pray that my giant be good for another 3 days.

My gynae also pro-natural... but he say, 4.2kg, 10.2cm, how to try??? C-sec safer.

Hi Mummies,

Got permission to come in a while from my in laws.. hahahah!! Funny right, tell them dun tell my hubby.

Wah, really a lot of posting to read.. blur liao :p

Trace, ur bb really BIG!! But okay la.. dun worry.

Phantus &amp; Ruffles, dun worry abt bb small size.. WE already did our best liao. My bbs also consider small side since they are going to pop soon. Now we can just eat and eat, dun bother anything else.

Chris, WAH ur bb super CUTE and HANDSOME!!
happy.gif

Xinying, u going csection 25th? Just 3 days more...

Tomorrow me going for check up already!! Dunno what will happen... either wednesday is the day or if not, friday already.

juz us,
1 - 2 weeks ah?? hmm..then i hope 1 week, n not 2 weeks..cos hubby's only ard for ~12 days to try n catch the birth.. i'm 38weeks 5days as of today.. heard first time mummies normally don't give birth too early..but ya..shd b soon..so exciting.. i'd better start sterilising my pump so i can pack it in hosp bag..

erm..there was little bit when i was at wk this morning..it's quite different from discharge. then when i came hm after seeing GP for leg, the main part dislodged..but no need to worry if it happens at wk one.. cos it's really like thick mucus..won't stain or wet ur panties..
haha..pls pardon me, mummies..if this is too much information for ya :p

Wah Curioxete

Think you also countdown le... why everyone overtaking me huh?! Alamak... my boy too comfy inside le... coz Mummy got so much fats so very cushiony
happy.gif

<font color="119911">whitepaper>> relax relax! this not f1 race ;P sekali u tmr typin gfrom hospital liao! keke i think this kind of thing cannot really predict one. i ask my gynea she oso cannot estimate for me when. haha keep asking me if wanan induce... peng</font>

Purebliss,
hehehe... ur in laws so cute... allow u, and then u're all to hide from ur hubby... kekeke..

so how have u been feeling?? just eat and sleep and rest?? must let us know how it goes after ur checkup tom ya!!!
happy.gif

curioxete,
aiyo... u got infection? then must rest well these 2 days then!!

i also hope ur bb will tahan till ur hubby is coming back... very soon le hor!!!

whitepaper,
ya.. its the final lap for all of us!! we can all do it!!!

and u're right! we've been supporting each other thruout the pregnancy.. and then we'll support each other thru the bringing up of our newborn.. hehe... amazing eh!!

xinying,
now just trust ur gynae... and get prepared to see ur baby le!!

Juz Us

hahaha your EDD even nearer!!! Why she keep asking you to induce? Don't want lar, wait till cannot wait then induce lor
happy.gif

For me, my Doc will induce if I don't pop by 10 Oct.

Back