(2008/10) Oct 2008

JJmom

actually i can place order yst de then get 20% disc de leh, but they cant contact the supplier to make sure got stock cum in so they dun dare to accept my order.
nvr mind, when i get the call then ll let u noe

Trace,
at 1st i also thk to use boiling water de, since most my cousins & relatives do so. but after listening to my sil she said better get a sterilizer since i m working & more safer for milk bottles
so i also not sure which option is better lah

Milk Bottles,

Avent is not BPA free bottles. Not all Pigeon bottles are BPA free. I think only one type is BPA free.

Bfree is BPA free but one of the most expensive bottles too. Nearly get it at the Isetan Sales but in the end, on hold due to price.

<font color="0000ff">Everafter,

The other day during Isetan private sales, they were selling the Pigeon steriliser with a bundle set consisting of food warmer, baby wipes and etc..after discount I think it's $114...original price for pigeon steriliser shd be going ard $119 or so??</font>

lili, not all pigeon milk bottle are BPA Free.

Yah, Avent confirm all not BPA Free now but I heard news of them coming out with BPA Free milk bottle soon, dunno when thou.

Trace, my concern is some1 has to stand over the stove to watch the milk bottle boiling &amp; if I happen to be alone at home when bb needs the bottle then vy troublesome leh. Anyway if we r to use breast pump then we must get the sterilizer?

<font color="0000ff">JJmom,

I agree with you, have to monitor the boiling process if we use the traditional method, moreover if get the Breast pump I think a steriliser will come in more handy
happy.gif

Bbgoh,

We were looking at that model u mention as well as S705 becos of the reversible handles and 4 wheel drive which attract my DH and the cushion looks comfy too!! But then now DH looking at Maclaren and Perego models, we might be getting ours tmr ;p</font>

littlebluey,
yah loh. i also like the 4wheel drive &amp; 360degree to move ard.
Maclaren brand one all more ex leh heeheee

I only got 2 glass milk bottles which I m sure are totally safe loh.

I was telling DH, buy milk bottle also need so much knowledge leh. He was shocked to c Piyo Piyo BPA Free milk bottle cost almost $30 for 1...hahaha

<font color="0000ff">Lili,

We went scouring for strollers on Sat, then I managed to buy a cute romper and a few normal wear for bb. Can't resist buying them, DH wanted me to buy after Detailed Scan but then I see it so cute can't help it!! hahahahaha...DH no choice give up...;p oso bought a cute neck cushion for bb as well hahahahaha

Bbgoh,

I told my DH stroller can buy after when bb is born, he say how can? *fainted* he wanted to get those from newborn and above, then Maclaren offer 2 range that accomodate from NB and above and he's ard set his sight on it...hmmm..-_-""

JJmom,

Think I will stick to NUK/Avent, but I will change the bottles and teats frequently. Read abt some comments on Dr Brown and B-free bottles and of coz there's its pros and cons too.. dun want to give myself and my mum too much of a hassle washing up the bottles hahahaha..</font>

We also went shopping over the wkends, but my hubby says wanna wait for GSS to see if there's better offer. Looks like im the one more gan-jiong :p

<font color="0000ff">Hey Gals,

My fren got an additional pack of Pampers for NB to let go, any interested parties? She's selling it at $16

I'm getting one pack but she still has another one, so if anyone interested, let me know?</font>

morning mummies...
just got to know bb's gender,doc says looks more like a boy =) really looks like there are lotsa mickey ya..gg for detailled scan this sat..
seem like i have to start shopping for milk bottles(still headache over which to buy manz...

Littlebluey, many gd comments on Nuk &amp; Avent too. My sis is using these 2 too
happy.gif

I stopped my DH from buying the B-free bottles bcoz of the hassle of washing too. Tat's y I m looking 4 Pigeon BPA Free bottles which r juz like normal bottles
happy.gif

Juz try my luck bah since there is still time to look ard
happy.gif

thanks littlebluey...
looks like we can form little soccer teams..heee..was @ my little nephew 1st bday last sun..and there were soo many babies (all from my cousin's forum frens) hubby then asked..will our little one have a big bday bash with all the little frens in future ?? mmmm...sounds pretty fun..but really a handful..heee..

<font color="0000ff">Jollyhoppy

Definitely it will be fun to have a birthday party but then confirm it will be a "headache" as well...dealing with many kids hahahah lolx</font>

although mine likely a girl according to my gynae in my last visit, still want to confirm on this Friday again before we make the purchase. haha

lili, my DH also happily grabbed the last 2 glass bottles after I told him it's the cheapest, safest for NB. &amp; the sale auntie told us pigeon glass milk bottles r out of stock now.

Morning Mummies,

Hearing about all the different bottles, sterilizer and pumps really makes me blur. Think if I tell my hubby there are so many different kinds to choose from, he will be even more confused. Hehe. He is still more interested in strollers only.

What is the must-buy at the Motherhood at expo since I haven't bought anything yet?

Littlebluey,
The last weekend I only bought clothes for myself. Haha. Wana buy something for bb but hubby said wait for detailed scan to confirm before buying leh.

Littlebluey,
the JL staff told me capella S-228 also can use for NB - 3yrs old leh.. do u thk so? i worry he bluff me de leh
i dunno how to see wat kind suit for NB

think most guys r more anxious abt strollers..my hubby too! he has been looking ard 1 mth ago..n i din noe he got more knowledge of it than me...

he's ok with any milk bottles except on one conditions..DUN BUY TOO MANY! cos he noes my pattern..hahaha buy unnecessary..

jollyhoppy
Congrats on having a prince!

lili
My hubby more excited than me lah. He cant wait to see 'mei mei' tomorrow.

Milk bottles
For my boys, I have about 8 bottles, 4 125ml and 4 260 ml. I bought quite a few was bcos so that I dont have to keep sterilising the bottles...

Wow, it has been a while since i come into the Oct thread.

went JL Marina Sq and Robinsons Ctrpoint yest. Found out that JL MS is a better choice than Robinsons, as their things are much cheaper.

I bght a NUK steriliser @ Robinsons Ctrpoint(comes with 4 milk bottles, warmer + a few pkts of bb wipes) at $180. Seems like mine is not much of a good deal, but since i hv $60 voucher, might as well use it.

Then i went down to JL, and bght so many bb clothes. Bght 1 dozen of normal bb clothing, those front button opening types + 3 sets of mittens &amp; Socks + a few other necessities. So cheap. all $100 (after 20% discount, still haven less my 5% robinsons rebate).

Most shops start their GSS last weekend liao, n i tink should slowly grab our items now, otherwise no stock liao!

Very kiasu hor! but i guess there are pp out there even more kiasu-er than me! Hee hee
happy.gif

lili, I bought my glass bottles at Marina Sq Kiddy Palace but it's the last 2 liao wor.

My sis said she bought hers at Taka. U may wanna try over there.

Good morning ladies! Thanks all for the warm wishes!
So mummies here had started shopping for bb stuffs, I haven started yet! Hubby just finished his exam last weekend....
Aiyo, I was shocked to know that there are so many things to consider b4 buying baby stuffs, faint! How to ensure we will make the right choice? Headache!

<font color="0000ff">Lili,

I afraid when nearer to due date, too tired to shop ard le, esp with a big bump quite diff to move ard -_-" that day juz went to 3 shops alrd super duper tired and breathless!

Bbgoh,

That's wat I was told as well, NB to ard 3 years of age, I like the colour of the stroller leh! hee hee think u nd to check with the stuff which ones are suitable
happy.gif

Trace,

I agree that guys more interested in the bigger items rather than the nitty gritty stuff hahahaha ;p</font>

Trace, not many choice for steriliser in the mkt wor. I only know NUK, Avent &amp; Pigeon.

But have set my mind on Pigeon coz of it's size so will look out for cheap deal for it now
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Hi Whitepaper,

Alot of posting hor...surely lost, wkend very quiet mah then everyone went shopping, browsing thru bb stuff hahahaha ;p</font>

Hello!

I wish to sell away my Avent ISIS manual breast pump which I have just brought it yesterday night from Metro Woodlands (I still have the receipt with me).

Brought it at S$100.90, now selling at S$80 only. It’s brand new and unused except that I have opened the packaging. Collection at Yishun area/ Mrt. Pls sms me @ 9654 6800…

Reason to sell is bacause my hb had brought me the Medela Mini Electric yesterday too! He shld have tell me earlier… arrghh…

Hi all,

Just went for my detail scan on Sat.

It a prince...

just went shopping yday...

mothercare at habourfront centre. 15% using dbs card till 22nd of Jun08

Back