(2008/10) Oct 2008

Thank you all mommies
happy.gif

Actually I think 330g is quite small leh, alot of baby at 20 weeks weigh more than that, so I dunno why the sonographer and Doc says it's chubby
happy.gif
though baby looks chubby during scan
happy.gif
Am sure you babies will weight the same, or even more when you go for your detailed scan
happy.gif

mousebb
My friend just popped and her baby is 3.8+kg!!!

Hi ladies,
Update for my check-up this morning.
I am 16w4d today. BB is very active, keep moving during the scan. Hee...My gynae manage to spot the gender few sec after she scanning me. But when she tried to show me the important part, my bb moved! And there was once bb closed his legs, aiyo. Luckily my gynae was quite patient, and I finally see the birdie between bb's legs when he somersaulting, haha...so cute! So, I should be expecting a micky, my gynae said we can start shopping for my bb liao...

Whitepaper,
Same as ur bb boy, gynae said my boy also has long legs and arms, like father! Oh faint, my hubby was super happy coz he keep saying that bb looks more like him from our previous u/s photos! Good imagination ho....Win liao lo, even now my gynae saying the samething!

pinkimum,
How was ur check-up today?

whitepaper
So long as gynae said u r not underweight, is good. All nutrition goes to ur bb, which is good sign too cos u will slim vy fast. For me, already gain 7/ 8kg liao, worry might be overweight. Haha

Phantus
Congrats having a prince!

whitepaper
So long as gynae said u r not underweight, is good. All nutrition goes to ur bb, which is good sign too cos u will slim vy fast. For me, already gain 7/ 8kg liao, worry might be overweight. Haha

Phantus
Congrats having a prince!

Hi mummies,
I also got update for my check-up.

Phtanus,
Guess what, today my EDD changed and so now I am also 16w4d! My bb was also very active and very cute. At one point, bb was in crawling position. Then the sonographer told us should be boy! But she didn't confirm but just said 'should be' leh. And bb was moving around and I didn't even see anything but hubby said he saw something between the legs. Hehe.
When is your detailed scan? Mine is 11June.

whitepaper,
Great that your detailed scan went well and you have a 'tall' bb! Today my hubby asked the gynea about my weight since I didn't gain much. She said bb is growing well so is fine. And the weight should slowly come. But I am still puzzled with so little weight gain but such a big tummy. Hehe. Anyway, she said the usual things about more small meals and balanced diet.

Phtanus
hahaha! Congrats on bb boy! Aiyah let your hubby be proud of it... for once lar
happy.gif
Next time you will have one big boy (your hubby) and one small boy to take care of
happy.gif
Like me
happy.gif

lili_fc
The fact is, I'm already overweight before I got preggie lor, so you ladies gained more but might still be lighter than me! Hahaha!
happy.gif

pinkimum
Yah I thought so too. Some say weight will all come in in 3rd trimester!

lili, trace, pinkimum and whitepaper,
Thanks a lot!

Trace,
Cheers, u will know the answer soon...on 11 Jun.
If u dun mind, can try following prediction method, just for fun of course! It works for me and many of my frens too! Hee...but not the chinese calender method.
This an easy baby gender prediction method to try. Take a wedding ring and attach it to a thread or strand of hair. Hold the dangling wedding band over your belly while you are lying down. If the wedding ring swings in a strong circular motion, you will be having a girl. If it moves in a to and fro motion like a pendulum, you will be having a boy. Can try on ur palm as well! Hee...

Whitepaper,
Ya, u r right, we have to take care one big and small boy after Oct! So envy lay....i have gained 3.6kg le, sob....

pinkimum,
Haha...so we share the same EDD lo? Good! Congrats on ur bb boy!

hi phtanus,

thanks! i will try dat method out..haha..n will see if the prediction is correct or not on 11 june..haha..

congrats to u again!

<font color="0000ff">Lili,

I bought the avent steriliser during the last Robinson sales
happy.gif

Phtanus, Pinkimum,

Heartiest Congrats on having a Baby Prince!

Oct thread really got alot of boys! hahaha
happy.gif
</font>

Phtanus, Pinkimum,
congrats on your baby prince!!!!

whitepaper,
hehehe... ur description of ur DS is so cute..but good leh, can be male model next time.. hehehe... tall n handsome.. hahaha

steriliser:
today, i went to isetan to check out the pigeon bundle for steriliser.. its very worth it.. cos it contains the steriliser, bottle/food warmer and a newborn starter kit... my only concern is on the starter kit.. whether the bottles are BPA free... will be gg for more shopping tom then will probably be getting 1 soon.. hehehe

Hi Mummies,

Congrats to all those who had known the baby's gender! Happy shopping! It seems we really have a lot of baby boys in this thread
happy.gif

Hello mummies
This is my first time to this thread.
I'm expecting a Oct bb too and hope to share and meet friends and also let my bb has same age friend to mix with
happy.gif

Good morning mummies!
happy.gif

Went to Robinson yesterdays and get some Avent bottles at the same time. Bought 2 packs of 330ml + 260ml bottles + 2 pacifiers at $20.10 each. It is quite a good buy.

Cookie
Welcome!
happy.gif

morn all mummies,

can i check with you on the sterliser...do i have to sterlise the bottles all together or I can just sterlise 1 or 2 bottles?

was thinking if hv to sterlise all together,quite troublesome..have to wait till all complete then can sterlise..was thinking of using those pot n boil it with water..wad do u gers think?

Phtanus, Pinkimum
Congrats on having a prince!
happy.gif

Forest, I don't think the pigeon milk bottles in the steriliser bundle r BPA Free. I have been looking high &amp; low for pigeon BPA Free milk bottles, think only Jap department store have it, like Taka, BHG, Isetan etc which I haven check them out.

Anyway I come across pigeon glass milk bottles in Marina Sq Kiddy Palace yest &amp; bought the last 2.

Glass bottle is another safe alternative that u can also consider when bb still not holding the bottle themselves. Heard some hospital give glass milk bottles FOC but it's the small 1s.

Hi mummies,

Thanks. My hubby said like still not very confirmed bb is a prince so we shall hold back our shopping till the detailed scan in june.

Some of my friend advised me to get the stroller and bb sling after delivery. So at least can try out the stroller and sling and see which one is more suitable. And they said when bb is really young, they feel safer to have the bb in their arms than stroller. What do you mummies think? I was thinking of getting everything ready else abit difficult to bring the bb out right?

Good morning mummies!
happy.gif

Ribena
Medela PIS is a very good pump. If your milk supply is good, the job can be done within 20 minutes! As I was also using this pump for my son last time, I dont find it noisy at all as compared to other medela pumps. It's a personal preference I guess!

Mummies
My legs are aching now! Yesterday went to botanic gardens with hubby and son. Actually wanted to bring our son there to see goose but only see two swans in a big lake and ended up, it became a 2-hr walk for us. Was so tired last night!

pinkimum
I already brought my son out during confinement period cos there was nobody to help take care of him. Each time we would put him in the stroller to let him sleep and surprisingly, he can ignore all the noise in the shopping center and slept very well. Just remember have to keep your bb warm. As for sling, I also brought before I give birth and so far, he also love to sleep in the sling.

morn all mummies,

can i check with you on the sterliser...do i have to sterlise the bottles all together or I can just sterlise 1 or 2 bottles?

was thinking if hv to sterlise all together,quite troublesome..have to wait till all complete then can sterlise..was thinking of using those pot n boil it with water..wad do u gers think?

good morning all!

Medela PIS
There's 2 model - 2007 &amp; 2008 model. Good buy at "The First Few Years" at Paragon selling 2007 $549 &amp; 2008 $649. If interested, can go grap... but i believe likely the price will drop as my colleague just bought one at $580 at the same shop. It seems that they are trying to clear 2007 stock.

But i likely buy Avent manual first to see how my milk supply then go grap Ameda one. PIS is over budget for me. Don't wanna spend so much then no milk supply, can't sell later. But is a good investment if you aren't going to stop at 1.

Ameda
Can grap at Motherhood at expo in coming june. Heard will have better deals. Check it out.

Sorry, i cant remb did anyone mention we can use any types of milk bottles for any brand of sterilisor? Aiyoh..so many brands out there, difficult to choose

Trace
I dont think it is necessary to sterilise all bottles together cos sometimes I only sterilise 3 or 4 bottles at a time depend on how many bottles my boy used. When I was still pumping bm, I also used it to sterilise the breast pump.

Agreed with lili. If you intend to get medela PIS, get it from "The First Few Years" cos it is cheaper as compared to other places. Saw the medela PIS selling at $750++ at Takashimaya. Could be the new version i guess.

everafter
I'm using NUK steriliser to sterilise the avent bottles.

Tomorrow going to TMC to have my detailed scan. Hubby was telling me that he miss the bb cos like very long never see her liao. Hopefully bb will be guai guai and be co-operative. For my boy, he was very naughty and so was not able to take the readings properly and was told to go walk walk and go back in 20 mins time.

For mummies who are interested in getting the Ameda pump, Robinson is having sales and I think it is quite worth it leh.

<font color="0000ff">Ohayo Ladies,

How was the long wkend? Managed to grab any good buys?? ^_^

Trace,

I m oso lost as to how many bottles to get! hahahaha ;p</font>

Good morning Mummies
happy.gif

Mousebb, enjoy ur detailed scan tomorrow
happy.gif
I still have to wait until next Thurs! Counting down esp since I don't even know my baby's gender as yet.

Ribena, I'm also using Medela PIS pump. It is a wonderful investment for me and I got really low supply to start with. Yet I can bf my gal for 1 yr with this pump.
happy.gif
I find it worth the investment esp since I'm going to use it for #2. But of coz, it really depend on you. A lot of people comment that Ameda is just as good and 1/2 the price of PIS.

I also got my PIS from "The First Few Years" 2 yrs ago.
happy.gif

Trace, I intend to buy 4 5oz bottles and 3 9oz bottles to start with.

<font color="0000ff">I went 1st Few Years to see their range of strollers on Sat evening, realised that they carry more of the top end models but prices quite attractive, comparable to those sold at Bb Hypermart and Bb Kingdom.

So anyone decided wat stroller to get alrd? My DH was very eager about it..;p</font>

Good morning all Mummies!! wow, after the long weekend, really find it hard to wake up this morning!!!

JJmom,
yeah.. i found out that the ones in the starter kit are not BPA free on Fri nite, when i did more surfing.. i found the pigeon non BPA ones at taka though... and, i also found that pigeon stuff are cheaper at both taka and robinsons.. isetan prices are much higher!!!

lili,
the Medela PIS at First Few Years, is it the bundle or just the pump?? i checked at robinsons centrepoint, its out of stock, but is retailing at around $790 or so... and is not entitled to the 15% discount (tats what i was told)..

about the Ameda, i also saw it at Robinsons.. retail at $389 or so...and is going for 20% off... so, think its a pretty good deal too... but its just the pump... u mentioned before its going to be at motherhood at expo right.. does it have additional stuff or bundles??

mousebb,
heheh.. rem to update us on ur detailed scan.. sooo exciting

good morning mummies

yst went JL at marina square bought milk bottles 2pcs of 125ml &amp; 2pce of 260ml, do u thk its enuf to use?
nvr buy 330ml one coz thk maybe for 1st few mth nvr use bah, am i correct?

also went kiddy palace, they got 20&amp; off for member. get a dress for wedding dinner on next mth
happy.gif

still looking around the sterilize, yst like to get pigeon got 20% at JL but out of stock le. the staff told me the price only $79.80 i thk its impossible bah, so cheap meh? NTUC @ $118 kiddy palace at $125, where got such big diff
anyway, just left contact no then when got stock cum in they ll call me then see bah..

anyone of u try TollyJoy sterilizer? is it can use for avent breastpump? the staff told me can but i m not believe him leh

<font color="0000ff">Trace,

My fren told me dun get so many small bottles as in 125 ml and below becos the bb will drink more as the days got by. I got free small bottles when I got the steriliser so I think I will get bigger ones instead.
happy.gif

Mousebb,

Exciting ya! tmr detailed scan</font>

Hi Trace,

First mth will not use the 9Oz bottles. I started using 9oz bottles for my gal when she was 2.5 mths 'cos she was already drinking 150ml for certain feeds. (4oz is only 120ml) In fact, my 4oz bottles only use until she was 4 mths plus.

I tot of buying to stand by so that when I need it, I have it esp since the first 3 mths I will be taking care of my baby alone, not much time to go out to shopping.

Above is my personal experience with #1.
happy.gif

Medela PIS
New version (2008), the bag is slingbag or/and backpack to choose.

Ameda
I last saw is $388 offer &amp; bundle with something else.

Milk bottle
Pigeon is BPA, i heard. Avent, is nOt.

bbgoh, I also went to Marine Sq JL to check out the pigeon sterilizer but out of stock too
sad.gif
$79.80 is really cheap loh, could be possible coz my sis bought ard this price at JL sale b4 too. I was waiting 4 this offer leh since I don't want the bundle set.

I shd have left my contact with the staff too...sigh, got to go down again liao.

Back