(2008/08) Aug 2008

rona
ya..actually i also use the slow cooker when i cook the mixed grain..but thats like once a week only..:p...but honestly speaking..i cannot really do much if she want to use slow cooker..just a bit angry why she keep bitching abt me in front of my maid...:p

YLN,
yah, that's true about MIL bitching about you TO the maid. maybe you have a talk with your MIL? my relationship with my MIL so-so also, and we are staying together. One thing my MIL never do is bitch about me to anyone. She will come direct to me. But hor, you know what, her maid will BITCH about me TO HER! and most of the time, its lies and then my MIL will come and look for me for a quarrel over what HER MAID SAID... i gave up. then recently she learn first hand cannot hear and belief maid too much, cos no matter what, i'm her grandkids mother and that maid is still an outsider. so lesser incident at home now lor... tell her huh, when me and mil quarrel, we are like two bulldozer trying to run each other down!

celyn,
we most likely will bring #1 and #2 to wild wild wet tomorrow morning. hopefully its not too hot tomorrow. i'll look out for yu ze, see if i can spot him. heheheee...

interrace
ha ha....ya lor, coffee also can't help rite?

rona
alarmak! no wonder can't sleep...ha ha... =D

hisstory
at least he still wanted cake, my funny man reminded me dun buy anything for father day long ago....talk to him sometime will die. =P

rona,
ok. you see if you can find him. they should be going in the morning too to afternoon. i think they will be at the tsunami pool and shiok river cos the older boys like it there.

Snow,
usually i'm not affected by caffine one, last nite don't know what happened leh...

celyn,
yeah, i think we are going to the tsunami pool and shiok river only. #1 can't get enough of it. ho chi minh has this also in one of their 'world' too. we went and spent like 3 hours solid just at the pool. all cho ta at the end of the 3 hours.

rona,
hahah.... ok, you see if you can find him there. i bring his cute swimming trunk to babysitter's house today liao. don't know if she will wear for him or not.

YLn,
I gave whole grain bread with cheese slices, without the crust. Adel will eat. He will eat food, then still drink milk ! every meal also like tat. Aboout 150 ml. but it hasn't reflected in his size though =)

Adel in infant care likes to stick to this one teacher. She will carry adel all around and entertian him. initially I wanted to thank her for taking care of my son, until that day i heard her say to me that she dotes on my son because she thinks Adel lacks motherly love ! What the @#$@#$@#$ ? Just because my hb picks Adel up every day frm child care doesn't mean I dun exist ok ?? Then my hb can say "SEE??" must spend more time with son... who cooks his food and feeds him at night and puts him to sleep while HE plays GAMES !! Still dare to say that to me some more ! Very fed up !

Snow,
Yalah, nice weather to nua...
My colls said Mae can sleep so well is because mommy also sleepy head coz I always doze off when I sit in their cars when we go lunch...hahaha

My hb also told me dun need treat him or buy him pressie for Father's Day coz he is not a good father...hahaha...he bought me something for Mother's Day and treat me makan, so at least I'm a good mother in his eyes =P

Rona,
I love the bubble tea with grass jelly from Cafe Koi!!! It is really very nice...sometimes my colls go there will buy back.
happy.gif

Hisstory,
Haha, so did you give him any pressie? Or in the making? heehee =P

happy_mummy
i understand what the teacher mean. =)
last time also hb go pick up #1, end up my other nieces got ma ma to pick up beside my #1.
she is actually very sad, and keep feeling ppl bully her cos her ma ma is not ard.
kid dun think the way we adult think lor, and they will tell their caregiver.

m2b
ya, very nice weather....nice till i dun even feel like going out for lunch....ha ha...
oh, its tai jiao?

ai ya, they just wanna save $ lah. no matter what topic we say, they will measure it with $ 1st.
vomit blood ah!

ofcos u are a gd mummy.

good day mommies... busy day for me so I just briefly glanced thru the posts.

shirley
sayang ger n hope she's ok by now. dun be too stressed up... gotta take care of urself so that u can take care of ger. hope ur mil recover soon. take care.

Lizanne
yup, I joined ur 1st combi BP. didnt know u're also a aug08 mommy. btw, out of curiousity, was the guy who delivered the stroller ur hubby??

Mrs Teng
wah... next time C&C will become doctor n accountant... good career prospects in future
happy.gif

u take care too!

happy mummy
omg... to think the teacher actually said this to u directly? My blood will sure boil n I'll definitely tell her off if I were in ur shoes. I find her rude lor.

oh my tian... I've been to quite a few NTUCs searching for Huggies Dry XXL but all the NTUCs I went all dun have XXL leh. anybody knows which NTUC has it? I want to get it before the promo ends...

hey ladies,
i'm thinking why not we consolidate and fund tt to little Charmaine under the name of "smh aug 08 mummies"? =P
just suggestion lah...hee hee....

For accountability and transparency, please drop them an email and fill them in the information they enquire after you done with the fund transfer or cheque dropped off.
email address: [email protected]

Account Details:
POSB savings a/c 249-28205-7.

Internet Transfer:
Provide your name/nick on the IB trf to ease the admin work at our end to match donors information.

PLEASE email us after you have transfered or deposited cheque with the following information:

1) Your full name or a first name at least
2) The name/ pseudonym/ initials used when doing internet banking
3) Date of transfer
4) Whether you wish for your name to be
(i)displayed in full,
(ii)with some information blotted out or
(iii)with your initials/ pseudonym should we do a public posting of the list of donors.
5) Whether you wish to be on our mailing list
6) Please tell us how you allow Cynthia to use the donation
(a) Only to be used for Charmaine's medical expenses
(b) Use the money for Charmaine's medical and personal expenses only
(c) Use the money for Charmaine's medical and personal expenses, but if need be, you also allow her to use it to ease her family's expenses

========
Optional
=======
1) Contact number
2) Preferred email address
3) Home address
4) Degree of contact. Eg “I’m Cynthia’s friend from _____.”, “I came from _____ forum”, “A friend gave me this list

m2b
ya, initially i was thinking to just fund tt and thats it...ha ha...lazy to fill in that info. =P
but to encourage more ppl to donate lor. =)

<font color="#CD3278">missysz</font>
My hb hints day &amp; night to have a #2.. Madness!

<font color="#CD3278">snow</font>
hahah.. Same lah! We already decided what pressie to get, then yday he said still want to look ard! blood boil lor

<font color="#CD3278">happy</font>
What on earth was going thru tt tr's mind to say tt? Oh man..

<font color="#CD3278">M2B</font>
hahah.. Decided what to to BUY (not making!!) but this man wants to look ard somemore.. What nonsense

Snow,

Adel cannot talk yet leh ! so cannot tell the teacher that his mother , me , actually cares for him lor ! the teacher just likes to presume just because I never fetch Adel, then Adel has no mother love !

Eve,
I was upset lor, I told my mum, mum say ignore her ....

Interrace,
BBs at their age now can understand the tone that you are not happy with them already. They dun actually understand no, but they know you are scolding them, based on the tone of your voice. Talk to your bb sternly, and tell your hb he needs discipline. My hb never interferes when i scold Adel, but he won't scold lah. So adel knows who he can play with.

happy mummy,
yah yah. they can tell the difference. hubby also don't interfere when i discipline. he don't really discipline yu ze in the past but start to discipline a bit now.

Vanilla_pod

Yes, we have our air-con serviced every 4 mths and got air-purifier in every room. Still not kena asthma leh! Haze not sooo bad yet so I dun think that's the problem lor.. In fact, was lucky last year furing pregnancy din kena any asthma. But now, starting all over again.. sianzzz

Rona

Like that hor, my hubby's pocket going to having many holes leh... POK KAI ....

Cat

Aiyo! I gave C &amp; C cheese cubes just now... Cheril is ok but Clara take a few bites den suddenly throw up everything... Haizzz looks like Clara can't take cheese yet..

roiv
oic...no harm sign her up again ya?
hee hee....

happy_mummy
just ignore that teacher lah, she is not thinking. =P

happy mummy
wah..the teacher very one kind leh...such a subjective statement to make...

btw, do u intend to put adel in childcare when he turns 18 months? does ur infantcare have childcare too?

im doing my research now..cuz going to put kaer in half day child care next yr...headache..dunno which one to choose..

YLN,
Yes, Adel will promote to child care when he turns 18 mths which means school fees are cheaper too ! yay !

I am not that particular about child care so long as they take care of my kid. It's nursery onwards that I am more concerned with cause they start teaching kids to read and write. If can afford, will prob put Adel to Pat's schoolhouse then.

hisstory,
I think the teacher trying to claim credit to the fact that my son sticks to her rather than other teachers and looks up upon him like his 'mother' ?

Mrs Teng,
where do you buy the letters on the cake ? Or you make yourself?

happy_mummy

I bought the alphabets cookie cutter from Phoon Huat and made my own letterings.
happy.gif
Remembered it costings me about $4 plus.

huichin
I thought I saw Falisha's photo in Young Parents magazine just now... did u send her photo in?

happy mummy
yah, u shd just ignore her n her insensitive comments. tsk tsk.

playgroup
I think most mommies here are looking at childcare? any mommies can recommend playgroups? I really have no idea where to start from n seems like some schools have waiting list. how??

celyn,
just called www, they are open from 10am to 7pm daily during school hols. thought i wanna reach there around 8+am... not so hot mah...

YLN,
I think i will put bbJ to childcare the year he turns 3... so that will be 2011? aiyoh, still lonnngggg way...

rona,
oh. then you be thereby 10am loh. maybe not so crowded then. you put bbj in cc only when he turn 3? gointo nursery directly is it?

eve,
i might put yu ze to playgroup for a few month before converting him to cc. not sure if its necessary to do so. still thinking about it and planning logistics.

hi hi MOmmies
just finished reading all the posts... took me the whole day cos on n off :p

Interrace
For me Farm town is interesting cos the idea we can have our own farm n design how we want our farm to be.. can get the river flow on ur land.. get a farm house, playground, put the cosy bench near all the flowers n got animal sounds all over hehehehe.... For me this game is fun n relaxing :p Hooked... hb starts 2 complain liao :p

Hisstory
Happy Bday 2 ur HB
happy.gif
So he has clearly mentioned his wish eh ?? not hint anymore :p
BB N dream feed ard 11 or 12 depends on what time I fed her b4 bed then after that ard 4 am she'll move n make sound but usually cos I'm so tired, I'll b able 2 pull myself up to feed her at ard 6 am.. that's also if she can go back to sleep, else even 4 also I'll wake up n feed her...
Tired ? U tell me abt it... Usually only sleep ard 4 hrs in the nite n in the day need to chase her ard... Phewww.... that's y couldnt login to type here properly

Smurfette
well, ur gal quite fast spoon fed 120 can b done in half an hour... n she still likes her cereal... My gal dun want any cereal anymore.. waste to think I still have 2 packs of HT :p

YLN
Some MIL always like that one.. whatever we said or do never good enough.. as long as ur hb doesnt take side, just ignore her..

Happy mummy
GEE !! I'll b very very angry... Plus if my hb dare to even say a word defending the teacher.... :p me very short fused leh reg bb especially no good rest for a long time already....

Shint
BALI w out bb ?? WOWO.... envy.... enjoy urself a lot I know... in the progress of making little bundle for Kai ? :p

Mommies
Forgot wanna ask.. How's the bday custom here for all the children guest ? Bside party favor, will u guys b giving present also to them ? Me confused here... At my time ( looooonnggggg time ago :p ), we'll pack the children food item ( red egg, cake, mie or bee hoon goreng :p ), now ? TIA

Linx,
actually nowadays very simplflied liao. just party favor for the kids and tats' that. tradition huh... my mum not in today, later i ask her and tell you. or maybe Mrs Teng can help you, she just celebrated her C&amp;C's first birthday.

Drove past the IFC just now &amp; then told my hb ur 'experience' &amp; he cldn't believe it either.. There's no way Adel cld have exhibited anything to indicate the lack of motherly love.. I can understand if a tr tries to convey this msg if the child is older &amp; exhibits some problem, but clearly there's nothing present now.. *piang*

She can claim credit all she likes tt Adel likes her &amp; her only, but she shdn't hv related it to the 'lack' of motherly love

<font color="#CD3278">Ling</font>
Aiyoh, u better nap whenever bb N naps.. I can feel how tired u are *hugs*

Interrace,
you and hb better have an agreement on how you guys want to discipline your boy. Its not good that he or anyone else (especially your own parents or your PIL) has to side your boy when you are disciplining him. else very difficult to teach the kid leh. one cannot say ok while the other say not ok, very confusing to the child too.

Rona

Let me make sure again.. party favour is the one like whistle, sticker or sorta like that rite ?I mean not individual toys kinda that rite ?? Cos my hb's friend usually give us this kinda of thing ... but if I have lots of guest n children, bit confusing lehh cos every age group there...
sad.gif

Tigg3r
Glad to read the C&amp;C bday went smoothly
happy.gif
nice thing to pick up also :p

Hisstory
cant leh... when bb nap since my mum prefer to put her down in the sarong, somebody has to take care of her else she'll just sleep like 20 min or 30 min **Piaannngz.... but then I will have 2 b the one who do that lor.. sit bside the swing n keep swinging the sarong n take care so she wont fall... since my mum also feel very sleepy during the day... ihik... :p

Happy,
yah, that teacher is uncouth for. maybe she lacks motherly love herself? or she doesn't have kids herself and wants kid badly?

hi mummies !
thanks for the support. She has a daughter 14 years old. She just wanted to show how close she is to adel, like a 'mother'. LOL ! Whatever it is, i dun mind Adel being close to daddy, but to say that about me in front of me was really very difficult for me to swallow !

Chinese doc,
Any mummies brought bbs to TMC already? Am thinking of using Chinese herbs to strengthen Adel's immumity since he catches flu easily maybe due to infant care . The PDs are just sucking my pocket dry and medicine very strong for the bbs. But I intend to let Adel take flu jab though. Now he has runny nose again !

It's almost 11.30 pm and Adel still awake ! He is breathing through his mouth so think he can't sleep. Pump out mucus, still no use... sigh....

Cat
hehehhe lol..... good way uh ? :p
btw, read ur post re Bernice sleep.. my gal also like that now.. getting later n later...
sad.gif

Big BIRD called "Bernice" heheheheh, famous liao wor...

hi happy_mummy

not sure if you meant TCM or TMC ... I give bernice hou ning from EYS when she has phlegm. it's quite good but pretty ex too. about $60 a small bottle and each day is 1 bottle. so far i let her take like 2-3 days in a row and she's much better after tat.

Also I give her cordycep + red dates water to drink once a month. (it's very good to build their immune system according to TCM) And occasionally some birds nest too. (some mummies prefer to give after 1yo cos birds nest usu easy allergy to many people, but i give her very small portion each time and so far she is ok.)

happy_mummy: dun take it to heart lar, some ppl just are just being very straightforward but i guess they mean no harm.
happy.gif
What matter most is Adel got alot of attention from her so u can 'fang xin' to leave him there ya?
happy.gif

I dont give Braiden too much western medication too.. I try not to give unless it's quite serious. Like his viral fever.. I only feed him his medication for 2 days.. then i give him 'bao yin dan' from EYS.

Hmm.. The last 2 weeks Ashley was also down with a mucusy nose. We read up, applying eucalyptus oil on the chest &amp; maybe attaching hanky tt has the oil near where he sleeps can help. Other recommended methods wld be to give a really steamy bath

Happymummy

if i were you i would have told her(the teacher) off on the spot ! tell her to mind her own business and also complain to the principal...u pay ppl to look after your child not to criticise u...if u didnt have to earn money to support your child ...u would be looking after your own child! who is she to criticise you!...

u are a great mum! dont let anyone else tell u otherwise....in the day u have to work at night u come home u still have to work(look after adel)...it's like having two jobs...!

Today...an aunty told me off in the supermarket saying my son was cold, i was standing near the cheese yogurt section...to be frank very cold...i was annoyed she told me off loudly my son is cold...but i just said thank u loudly ..i figured no point screaming..she just seemed concerned...

i guess if the teacher just seemed concerned then its ok..to remark...but if she was criticising...i think u better put her in her place by complaining to principal

plus u know...if she can criticise u like that...i really wonder what kind of person is she?....i would be worried if she looks after my son.

Back