(2008/08) Aug 2008

snow74,
I'm thinking of changing my glucose test to thurs so Fri can go yoga and then of cos go cheong with you at the taka sale :p hahaha. Actually hor, I also dono what else I want to buy :p

catherine,
i saw the bumper at ikea, its not long enough for my cot. bumper from chicky bom bom (not sure if this is how it spell) is not nice looking and it doesn't match my bedsheet, pillow and bolster. the one i have is the classic pooh series and they don't sell bumper separately and no bumper sheets too. that's why i'm thinking of doing away with bumper.

the double sided book looks good but we will need to buy a few in order to go round as bumper right?

you going for glucose test too? mine is schedule on thurs. so worried now.

celynlee,
actually the bumper you dont need to go round the entire cot rite ? yesterday I saw at mothercare the bumper only goes half the cot. But of cos got some that goes all round. Mothercare I think they sell the bumper seperately.

Re: Baby movements

I noticed these day days my bb is not very active... I mean i know its kicking, but not as frequent as before... Should there be a concern for worry?
sad.gif

Hello!

I wish to sell away my Avent ISIS manual breast pump which I have just brought it yesterday night from Metro Woodlands (I still have the receipt with me).

Brought it at S$100.90, now selling at S$80 only. It’s brand new and unused except that I have opened the packaging. Collection at Yishun area/ Mrt. Pls sms me @ 9654 6800…First come first serve…

Reason to sell is bacause my hb had brought me the Medela Mini Electric yesterday too! He shld have tell me earlier… arrghh…

Re: Mobile for cot

Do you mummies think it's really necessary ? Was thinking of getting the Tiny Love Symphony, then I saw it's only for 0-5mths cos once baby can grab it then it's quite dangerous. So for only 5 months, somemore it's not very cheap :p And old wives tales say mobile make your baby "cock eye" :p hahaha ..

lolarose- Welcome!

Foliage - Welcome! me delivering at TMC

Valval,
I was at Robinson (johnlittle) Marine square on saturday and i spend over $350 but my hubby was there to help me wif the carrying - brought along my 3 years old girl stroller just to help to carried those bags ---- my hubby was asking - how come 2nd child still have to buy so many things, haha, i told him cos it was 3 years ago and those things previously used for my girl ord pass to elseone....
happy.gif
he said its all ur excuse in ordered to enjoy your shopping spree huh.
after that when Fig Restnt ( Opp Killiney Cafe) Gosh the food sucks - they have a promotion for DBS card members - one for one. I feel that they are not sincere - the serving was pathetic, topped up $2.95 for soup or green salad - so i choose one each but when the serving was here - soup was serve half a bowl, green salad was a few slices of lettuces, (not even a tomato) haiz... never to go there again - end up we went over to killiney cafe to filled up with some toasts.

Mulberry,
So dat is ur HB..
happy.gif
Mrs Wong commented dat he's v brave in coming alone..
Btw they gave out 3 pcs of pampers and an avent bottle for us to try. Did ur HB get those stuff at the end of the class?
I will still be attending her class on Sat cos HB cun make it in time for the weekday classes.

Snow,
re: hi-tea tomorrow, sorry I can't make it..
sad.gif
I'm down wif a flu and havent been sleeping well for the past few nites.
Will be resting at home and hopefully be well enuff by fri to cheong taka sale!
happy.gif

Car Seat
-------------
Finally bought my 1st big tix item over the weekend - maxi cosi cabrio (infant carrier) at BB Hypermart at $233 (after 40% disct)
happy.gif

Megan,

is your child and hubby alright now?
you take care of yourself, dun be overtired....

having a maid indeed was a nightmare - i changed a few maid but fortunately managed to find one that is quite trust worthy.

serriz,
the lullaby machine looks cool. Is it very bulky ? I saw at mothercare yesterday they have this ipod docker to plug your ipod in and clip it onto the cot :p Looks quite cute. But had to refrain myself from getting it :p

snow74,

yes, i m cfm gg. btw, i need a favour fr u, when u make d reservation, can u help me 2 request 4 a highchair? coz i m bringing my son along. tks a lot.
happy.gif

Catherine,

i got it from ebay - seems quite cool- i think is only abt 2kg. i personally like the function. u saw this at mothercare? how much are they selling? i got mine at abt $65 including the postal fee from US

Serriz: The lullaby machines looks interesting! Are you buying from Amazon website? Is shipping gonna be ex?

Opps: Just saw your reply. Thanks!
Reirei: Take care & rest well!

Taka sale: I am not Taka member but have Taka vouchers to spend.. Mummies, pls update if the sale is worth going yah?

Catherine,

i see - this one was quite nice as i felt it isnt bulky and stand on it own. it has feature like- image, lullabies, rotating picture projector as well as heartbeat sound, rain forest sound and ocean sound
something i'm looking for - previously my friend lend me a sound machine that she bought from UK - quite similar so i thought was useful. it can be use as a nite light if i need to change my baby girl's diaper or feed her in the nite....

Catherine,

we can meet up then - i'm usually at home in the afternoon - dunno what to do. prehaps we can meet up for lunch or high tea at tampines central.

Hi Storeberry,

i got it from ebay -
US$24.99 for the product
US$19.95 shipping fee
insurance is US$2.15
total singapore dollars is $65.00

personally i think the pricing is quite reasonable - such stuff if buy in singapore usually $80.00 and above right?

hi Mummies
my myanmar maid coming next monday le......confirmed the salary is only $300 and agent fee is $520..went to buy a drawer for her yesterday..n had to clean up the maid's room for her...so tiring...

have been having quite jialat cramps at nite lately..but all short short ones..they dun last very long...so didn't bother to go check with gynae...anyway seeing him on friday..so friday then see how...
i have somehow put one 2 kg in one week and it is quite alarming..considering the fact that my appetitie has decreased tremendously...i have no appetite for food..and dun feel hungry most times...so i only eat a little each time..i wonder where all the extra weight come from...
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Megan</font>
oh dear, u had such a tiring week. Ur hubby got food poisoning from his trip to India? My hubby also kenna once during his project there couple years back. He don't like India, he was so happy when the project ended.
I think the small baby cot bed u meant is the Mini Co-sleeper.
http://www.armsreach.com/pages/about-us-pv-c10-1.html

It was selling in Mums &amp; Babes, both United Square branch and AMK hub branch also have.

<font color="0000ff">M2B</font>
wah u really garang lah, still can walk fast. I don't dare to walk fast nowadays, dunno why easily can get cramp-y feeling.

<font color="0000ff">Snow74</font>
yup, me confirm going to tomorrow's hi-tea. Let us know what name you'll make under the reservation ya ;)

<font color="0000ff">serriz</font>
that lullaby machine looks good. You received it already?

<font color="0000ff">Joanne</font> / <font color="0000ff">ReiRei</font>
hee...ya lor, that's my hubby. We didn't know can go for replacement class. If we have known, I wouldn't have ask my hubby to go alone last Sat.
btw, no wor, my hubby didn't bring back any pampers or bottle. He was rushing to go back, I guess he missed it. Nvm lah, hopefully when we attend this 3rd lesson next month, Mrs.Wong got give samples again.
hey you gals wanna go together to the Taka sale on Friday? Maybe we go in the morning and then have lunch there?

YLN, i think maybe water retention - my first pregnancy was like this too. during my 8 months preggie i only put on 10kg but the last month i balloon another 13 kg ( i didnt eat alot also) end up i put on 23kg on my last pregnancy - hopefully this time round is not like this.

Mulberry,

nope i havent recieved - just did the parment last nite so i guess will only receive next week ba.

there seems to be endless things to buy, just wrote out a list and there are alrdy like 20 items on it. Thinking how much they will cost makes me feel fainty..

Snow,
Thanks for the info =)

Mulberry,
I dun mind going to the take sale tog on friday, do u or reirei have the take card? i dun le..think taka members got extra 10%
I believe the samples will b given again la..not bad, they actually gave 3 pampers and 1 avent bottle. And Mrs Wong showed the natural delivery video tape.

Honestly i was really grossed out by the process..esp the crowning and the baby coming out frm v, it kinda puts me off the idea of natural birth le..but of cos, after watching the video, its really like mission impossible made possible! Kudos to mummies who has done it! Really really take my hats off! Its really a toughhhh job! Its so scary replaying the birth scene in my mind! HB has to cover my eyes, ask me dun watch if im scared by it..

Reirei,
were you scared by the video ah? or was it only me? i think i really have no motherly instincts yet le..

serriz,
you put on 13kg in one month?!?!? ur kidding le! how did that happen ar???i hope it doesnt happen to me man, im alrdy grossed out by my weight gain so far!

joanne,
at least you watch the video. we also a video on child birth for the antenatal class at kk. i simply skip that video session, didn't even want to watch it at all. i guess its better to go through it without looking at the whole process. i think its very gross to see it happening.

<font color="0000ff">Joanne</font>
Yup I have Taka card. I can signed for you if you have anything to buy.
happy.gif

I asked my hubby was he scared by the video....he said no...hee...dunno he speaking truth or not. Actually when we are in the labour process, we won't be able to see the blood n gory, only our hubby can move and look at 'there'. I heard some hubbies afraid of blood and nearly passed out.

Re: Videos
Me and my husband watched in too at the class. It wasnt tat disgusting but was amazed by how fast the babck actually pops in one of the video. After watching the video, still wanted to go for natural birth if possible.

Re: Type of Birth
gg for my 28th week check up this sat. Will the gynae then tell me if I can go for c-section or natural birth? quite surprised that he din mention abt it at all for my last check-up.

Re: Pedicure
Having difficulties in cutting my toe nails nowadays. Is it ok for us to go for pedicure huh?

Mulberry, Joanne,
Okie dokie..we shall meet at taka for the sale tis Fri then!
I got the card too..Hope to get some facial products and a nice cot mobile
happy.gif

Snow,
Wld u be going to taka sale alone or wld u like to join us?
happy.gif

Joanne,
Yah! i oso din dare to watch those scenes! Another mommy oso looked away..heh..
Then again, I wld rather haf natural birth than to go for c-sec..that is if bb is guai enuff to turn head down lah..
actually I din know mommy stays awake thru-out the whole c-sec..quite scary leh..

cindy,
for pedicure i guess it up to indivdual lah. my gynae say i can do it if i want. no problem. i have a friend who do manicure and pedicure throughout her pregnancy. she told me when her son is born, his nail is slightly tinted with red. not sure if its has any connection with mani and pedi. but colour do go away.

Thanks Mulberry
happy.gif

well...thankfulli both r fine now...my hb actualli enjoyed india..mothercare was very cheap so he bought alot of stuff back for the boy and after my Polo spree, I have now more than enough for his first year.

i feel that tummy is truly very tight now..get breathless easily man...

Serriz..next tues should be working from home, perhaps we can have lunch at Eden nearby
happy.gif

cindy,
I think it shd be ok to do pedicure. You worried about the dust/ventilation or..? I've been doing mani/pedi almost every wk cos ive weak nails, i believe it shd be fine, unless e shop is v small n you can feel the dust everywhere kind..

Re: Child Birth video
I was really disgusted, guess partly cos me n hb was late for class and immediately, first thing we saw was the baby crowning and cervix expanding n etc. But like reirei said, if poss, think i wil still want to opt for natural, cos i think c-sect also as scary! All along i knew its not easy to delivery a baby, but after watching the video, it just makes me think even more that its really quite "Wei da" to give birth.

Reirei/mulberry
I have quite abit of taka vouchers to use. think cant have e additional 10% member discount if use vouchers right?

<font color="0000ff">Cindy</font>
same here! it was sooooo difficult when i cut my toe nails last week. I also thinking to go for pedicure.
my hubby said he'll cut my toenails for me. but i don't trust his 'skills' leh.

<font color="0000ff">ReiRei</font> / <font color="0000ff">Joanne</font>
what time you gals wanna meet in Taka? 10am? hehe...is it too kiasu to go so early ar?

Re: Mini co-sleeper
dunno what's the price now. Couple months back, there was sale on it and it was $99 after discount.

hi ladies,

long wkend. did most of my shopping too
happy.gif
if not hubby don;t have time to bring me out.

snow,
i'll c you guys tom for high tea. what time do we meet? just go to the table and ask for snow? hehe

mt A's class never show any video. maybe next wk! oh gosh!

Reirei, Cindy &amp; Joanne,
My hb handled my natural birth very well...think he is still joking ard when I had gave birth man...not grossed out by the bloody scene leh...heehee

Serriz,
The lullaby machine is nice! You tempting us lah...heehee

Catherine,
I agree, cot mobiles are so ex nowadays man!

Cindy,
I'm planning to go for a pedicure too.
happy.gif

reirei,

i called to find out the price of the co-sleeper yesterday n was told it's $198. also they have discontinued the co-sleeper, only left with the mini that can only be used till 6mths. for that price, u might as well get a bigger play pen with bassinet option at kiddy palace. most selling at $109. very tempting

Re: mini co-sleeper
$99 after discount is not tt exp, considering the website shows ard USD 150? http://www.armsreach.com/index.php?main_page=index&amp;cPath=cPath=3_6
I went to see the bassinet from babyrus (the pic i posted e last time), and it was too exp at 300+, can only use for few mths.

Mulberry/reirei,
10am abit early right? we gonna be the first cms of the day..hehe..but im fine if u girls want 10am. even earlier have breakfast i also can, cos hb works in Paragon, i can get lift from him! Hee..u girls decide

m2b,
ur hb v brave! think it wasnt a v good idea to show my hb e video, think psychologically he was grossed out cos i was v grossed out, think i freaked him out a lil, hee. But its amazing how our cervix can open up to accomodate a baby..

Hi mummies, if have Taka vouchers still entitled to 10% discount? I am not Taka member also so was thinking if it is more worth it to wait for the Aug Taka baby fair?

Snow, most prob will be able to make it for high tea. How do we contact each other?

storeberry,

i'm in the same shoes. so i jus buy with the vouchers on sun, didn;t care as the next fair i will be in confinement liao

Fae, Avocado &amp; Earnestmun, M2B
My gal attended GUG as well and I find it quite good. I am still deciding whether to send her for Shichida Method. Anyone with them no

missysz,
my hubby's aunt is a confinment ladies, heard that she is very pro and clean when taking care baby. Let me know if you need her contact.

Whilst typing this post, my head spinning.

Mani/Pedicure should be fine. But I would suggest that instead of painting your nails, perhaps you can get it polish till shine. So at least those harmful chemicals in the nail polish don't get in/onto your nails.

I saw a playpen at Robinsons Centrepoint $109 also, not sure if there is further 20% discount anot. But too bad it was OOS.

I have saw those simulation on web on how the bb is being delivered naturally. Looks easy but can imagine the enlargement of the V &amp; the pain....OMG. But I will try to endure the pain, not gg for epidural. A few of my friends did it so I also want to test my pain endurance level....hehe

Joanne,

Not kidding, i put one 13kg within a month - i need to buy maternity clothes during the last month... after i gave bith to my girl #1, i weighed the scale showed 71.5kg - my goodness...... luckily managed to shed it off within 7 months went back to my 52kg.
Now i'm 25weeks so far gained abt 8kg - trying to control but the weight just keep gaining....

Megan,
sure, we shall arrange.

MTB,
haha cot mobile quite XXX and short term usage. I thought my gal#1 can use it too... hmmm will update you all when i receive the stock maybe then u consider getting one too... heee

Valval,

don't think of epidural as an option, i am sure you can endure the pain. When I got my first girl, i keep telling myself, dont think of the existing of epidural at all. Unless condition wont allow then bobian go for that.

serriz... 13kg in a month? wow that is alot. How is the baby weight gain that month? But lucky u still shed off the weight.

Mulberry, Joanne, Storeberry,
I haf vouchers too...the T&amp;C doesnt say dat it cant be used concurrently wif any sale/promo leh...anyway we can ask the cashier when paying..

actually i dun mind gg there earlier for breakfast..can try the breakfast sets at coffee bean..
happy.gif

Mulberry u have the last say...since i'm v flexible one.. =P

Little Twin Stars,
wah so ex..like dat my HB sure wont buy..
somemore can oni last 6 mths..
Ok, will chk out the ones at kiddy palace!

Storeberry,
Most likely I'll stay at home in Aug and jus wait to pop..dun tink i can cheong any sale by then.. :p

M2B,
Kudos to ur HB! =)
Actually they dun really hafto see watz going on down there right?
Their main job is to guide us on breathing (cos i seriously dun tink i will rem any of those taught in class!) and give us their hands or hair to grip or grab! heheh..
happy.gif

Back