(2008/08) Aug 2008

nini, where's her house? if she comes to mine, how much does she charge? which spa did she use to operate last time?

i just signed up for massage package yest at a spa boutique in chinatown. it's about $72 per session for 11x. hubby can also use it for massage + scrub. not the cheapest, but convenient for me coz' they have branches at chinatown (next to mrt), marina sq and pan pac. all near my working place and easy for me to get home.

val, i still can't figure out what's so fantastic about britax. it's really, really expensive. same as maxi cosi car seat. i wonder if car seats that cost ard $100-200 can do the job...

Val,
Naughty HB. tell him the milk is for the baby, not him. If he wants milk, wait for your supply to come in after birth, more than enough for him and baby. keke.

Celynlee,
Dun be upset, she is just sharing with you her point of view. I do agree that Breastfeeding is definitely very hard work and a lot of preservarnce if you want to succeed. I do have friends who gave up after a month, not because of anything but due to mastitis and lumps(breast infection) that doctor advised her to gave up otherwise surgery will be required. Why not you look at the brand you want but ask hubby to get it later after your milk ss is stable.

celyn, i guess a safer bet is to buy a manual pump first. if your milk ss is good and you want to continue for long term, then avent isis duo is a good investment. $800 is quite a lot of money leh. can pay for a lot of bb's expenses already. as compared to a manual pump, you just invest about $100 to try it out first. sometimes, manual can also be quite good. my friend only bought electric duo coz' she breastfed both her kids for more than 2 yrs...definitely enough to recover cost liao!

snnowy,
i know she meant well but i still can't help to be upset then.

then when i reached home, i asked my hubby if he thinks that i'm spoilt and spendthrith for spending so much on the pump. not sure he is trying to comfort me, he say no and its ok if i can't succeed.

nursing bra:

btw you mommies buy the bra with padding or without padding? now that we don't have milk leakage, it's a bit skimpy to wear those without padding leh. but i scared if buy those with padding (i bought one so far), then after giving birth and putting on the breast pads, it will be come too hot.

celyn, i guess depends a lot on your financial situation..i wanted to buy $1000+ cot too, but my friend advised me to spend wisely first. she said sometimes in pregnancy, must expect the unexpected. if we suddently have to spend a lot on premature baby or c-section, then we will have less to spend on bb once he/she is born. i guess since it's our first pregnancy, we want to invest in the best for bb, but i think there are some pdts where u can still wait and see if necessary to get. so in the end, i decided to try manual pump and get a cheaper cot for about $300. the rest of the money can buy other stuff or save for rainy day.

Celynlee,
Ya true, especially when 1 already had something well-planned in mind naturally we would want other to agree with us. If you really like Avent pump, how about isis Uno? It around $300+, though not too sure abt Duo.
happy.gif

Both hands & legs UP!! Agree that maternity/nursing bras are ugly! Why can't they design nicer looking inner beauty for us especially during pregnant??! haha

My bra size increased fm D75 to D85. Ya, the nipples looked huge nw + stretchy marks all over the boobs
sad.gif
Hope there is milk supply later on.

This month have to start getting those bb furniture. Then waiting for GSS, to get the bb stuff.

krex78,
i believe our friends meant well by giving us their advise. won't be upset with them.
happy.gif

snnowy,
i have not look at the uno cos i'm thinking of cutting down time when pumping. so always have in mind to buy duo. i think i will go look and it and check if its cheaper to buy 2 uno. thanks.

my bra size increased so much too, from 32c to 36d now! i hope it doesnt go up anymore man, its kinda gross honestly. and even nipples hav grown, eeks. N what makes things worse is tt i tried getting wacoal bras, at least e design makes me feel better..but so diff to get the size also. N looking at the bra, it looks so yucks cos so big. Hope breasts wont sag after birth, so scared. imagine big saggy breasts, eeeuu =(

nini,
does ur massueur do home visits? can share her contact?

Nursing bras:
i havent bought a single nursing bra, cos it seems like they all look quite ah ma-ish to me? abit sian to buy, cos alrdy feel so unattractive, then still wanna wear ah ma bra..hope to postpone e purchase as long as possible, but guess deceiving myself also cos have to buy sooner or later. Anyways theres saying tt shdnt buy those w underwire right? cos caused block ducts or sth?

can u mummies tell me whats the diff btn manual pump and the electric ones, in terms of stimulating milk supply? Does electric ones help to stimulate better so better milk supply? is that why its so much more expensive?

Wow wow! You mummies are really WELL-endowed! :p
I've only finally 'graduated' from A cup to B/C, depending on brand. hee hee...
happy.gif

Heard from friend: Underwired bras might cause some bruises around the boobs if the size is not right + uncomfy as the tummy & boobs grows bigger. So better to wear non-wired ones :p

Heard that Manual pump has higher pump force than those electric ones. BUTz you have to be hardworking & put in more effort/strength to pump manually.

Haha sometimes so lazy i just pasted the Nipple stickers cos the ah-ma bras can't detach the bra strips. But some stickers too sticky untill my nipple area bled a little when removed. :p So far Wacoal's nipple stickers are ok.

Joanne,
Re: CL
Agree with you $1.8k for a CL is far too expensive when it does not include cleaning and laundry for hubby.

Just to share with you. Since this is your 1st baby, with advantages of PIL living near you, you can infact try confinement without a CL.

Like me, when I had my 1st boy, i did it totally without a CL. My MIL would cook lunch and dinner for me, make 2 flask of red date tea to last me for 1 whole day (FIL bring over since I not staying with them) I look after the baby myself, as a newborn, they will be busy sleeping away, waking onli every 2 hr to be fed. I bath him twice a day, meaning onli 4 pcs of infant clothes to be washed daily, using diaper, use and throw without extra nappy to be washed. My HB and my clothes washed in machine. HB help with hse work.

My baby sleep together on the same bed with me during day time and i just nurse him when he is awake and sleep together with him so that i don't have to rush to carry him when he cries.
My MIL would pop by everyweek to make sure diapers and milk powder are stock up for enough. This really help me to save $$ and at the same time don't have to put up with another extra's person's style of hasndling things.

For No. 2, I'm actually glad that a got my CL's help cos i more busy with my 1st than my newborn. He wants me to play with him, sing to him and bring him for his walk walk that kind of thing. Had it not been for my CL, i think most probably gone mad, handling a toddle and a newborn.

Hope the above help with your decision. But bottomline, discuss with your hubby cos his pressence, support and hand on help a great deal
happy.gif

Hisstory and Valnsw,

You just ask the nurse while you are still in hospital. You will notice that for mummies who dun wish to breastfeed, the nurses will use glass bottles of different brands of milk to feed the babies. So the empty glass bottle can be given to you free. I must have collected at least 60 bottles last time but my freezer no space, so in the end switch to avent liners. Also, you can ask the nurse of your gynae to help you collect.

Hisstory,
Wow nice! Oh, the one i saw was the infant car seat dat they placed in the stroller. No wonder it looks soo small.

valval

Did hear abt switching to non-wired as it wired ones may also constrain milk production, or sthg like tt

RTCP

Oic.. Hmm, so if bb's to be on total BF, then it wld be tricky to get yah? What if it's total BF, but we still need to express? Wld they give us bottles to store?

bras

I saw nursing bras on Mom's in Mind webby.. Looks not too bad, but looks 'safe'
http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/dropcupbras.html

hi M2B (mavys_m2bagain, thanks for the IPS update. :D don't know can get any good buys or not. hee..

nursing bras
i got some tube bras from mum in mind at the last Expo sale. $10 each. cheap and good! free size though.
happy.gif

ReiRei

Nice hor.. *sigh* too bad my HB not going US oredi *sulks*
I did see someone removing the Bugaboo Bee's seat & then put in the newborn carrier, also very nice.. Let me see if i can find the pix of it

M2B,
Do u know how long Isetan take to process registration of membership? :p
Why hate big bust? I've waited so many years for it to happen...hahah..

Welcome Blursotong =)

Valval,
think lydat i buy manual, must use more strength means burn more calories from bumping right..haha then can tone arms at the same time

snnowy,
Thanks for ur sharing =)you make me feel like its more possible to do it mysef. HB leaves the decision to me, cos he works quite late everyday..but honestly in terms of housework, theres not much to do n we have a part time maid coming in once a wk. So its mainly down to the baby n baby laundry actually.

Thanks mummies for all ur sharing about the CL n maid thingy. Think im closer n closer to really wanting to try it out w/o CL and maid..keep fingers crossed!

rtcp,
i didn't know we can collect so much bottles from hospital. thought they will only give about 6 bottles.

hisstory,
i also don't know when total bf, do we need to pump? i thinking when baby feed on 1 side, we can pump the other side to keep right? not sure if this is the way. 'blur'

celyn

Oh yah hor.. Hmm, when BF, my frens recommend tt we feed BB on both sides, to prevent engorgement *i think*

But if BB got small appetite how? Hmm, think shd pump the other side.. If it's dual pump, can use only 1 to pump?

ReiRei

Here's the Bugaboo Bee
1409506.jpg

With the newborn carrier in place
1409507.jpg

ReiRei,
I'm satisfied w my 34A/B leh so dun need anything bigger liao lah...hope my bust will shrunk back after birth man, like the 1st time...heehee

I don't know how long Isetan takes to process membership leh coz I applied very long ago.

hisstory,
This is the EXPENSIVE pram that me and hb saw at Mothercare. My mom was SHOCKED by the price...heehee

krex,
I'm just considering the britax marathon, not sure if available in SG. Cos it can hold up to 65 lbs, which is about 30 kg? So I presume can last til about 3-4 yrs old.

For the nursing bras, I thought all no padding one? Anyway, when you're breastfeeding, I thought will use nursing pads or those disposable bra/nursing pads on the cups to absorb the leaking milk. I cannot imagine padded bra and then add on disposable nursing pads leh.. will be v thick.

snnowy,
I checked with the hi-tea buffet caterer, seems they don't know any lobang. Ya, I told hubby that the milk is for baby, if he wants milk, he go drink magnolia fresh milk.

nini,
can PM me your masseur's contact? I'm kind of interested.

RTCP,
thanks for the info, prob will ask the nurses for glass bottles if needed.

hisstory,
Have to agree with you that the weather is insane nowadays, not to mention we will feel hotter as we enter the 3rd trimester. Lucky for me, my office has aircon. Else I'll sweat!!!

blursotong,
welcome! When's your EDD?

Hisstory,
Tis one is avail in SG? Jus curious how much issit?
Does it come wif infant carrier or have to buy separate?
Wow wif such a stylo stroller, I'm sure will catch lotsa attention in public places.

Jo,
Do u take alot of fish? my mil says dat it can increase milk supply. maybe datz why u've grown so much..
happy.gif

Heard dat it's normal for cup size to increase by 1 or 2 cups during preggie. In 32nd week may increase some more..
happy.gif

I'm surviving on the cotton, non-wired bras from victoria secret. Tho not as nice but very comfy..
Used to wear bra extension and wired bras, but gave up cos it feels so tight at the rib cage.

Catherine,
Yah, my nipple also grow so big and dark...so ugly.

Celyn, I managed to breastfeed for 16 mths...so dun underestimate yourself....

M2B , yay, isetan sale!! I thot it was just over sometime in March?? Can go there and stock up kids items...share with us the brochure when u get it.

Hisstory/Celyn,
No, it doesnt matter whether u TBF or not, the hospital got loads of empty ones that they use on other babies as well. They gave me some when i went home and since my gynae is at gleneagles, I ask the gynae nurse to help me collect some more...in the end, i had so much i gave away some.

TBF can also mean expressing. Last time my supply very good so I latch and express to freeze. Celyn is right, you can latch one side and pump the other. This is the most efficient. But v tiring....

M2B

It is expensive!! Mothercare sells it, but no discount with any cards, even the MC card

mousse & ReiRei

the stroller itself is $999.. Seems like it's controlled price

The infant carrier to be bought separately, but the stroller can be used from NB onwards..
So agree tt it will capture lotsa attention! I saw this mummy in the OSIM shop at Raffles City with the infant carrier combination, so I arrow my HB to ask her where she got it & what was the brand

val

I'm hoping tt the temp wun get anymore insane when we hit July... *faint*

Hisstory,
I thot MC having 15% storewide for american express credit card? so it doesnt apply huh?
Haha..u soo cute! got good taste!
happy.gif

RTCP

Thanks for the tip!! I always heard tt storing EBM is better to be done in glass over the plastic 'bags'.. But like u mentioned, after awhile, not enough space in freezer liao.. *heheh*

Glad to heard i can latch on and express on the other side.. If my pump is dual, and since i only need one, the pump shd still work yah?

ReiRei

My fren was also telling me abt the 15% storewide discount with Amex.. I hope it applies to this item.. I am not sure
Got good taste? My HB say I always pick out expensive stuff, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Looks so sleek hor? But the price is *faintable*

rtcp,
thanks for sharing. good to know that i can latch and pump.

my hubby is thinking of going to ikea to see if they have any glass bottle for sale. so we can buy to store bm. hopefully, its cheaper then glass milk bottle.

Hello good morning mummies

Re: Breastfeeding
If bb feeds on one side then should try to pump out the other side... so that it is more "balanced" hee.. It is a good way to empty yr breasts so that the " mammary system" knows its time to produce more milk up again and they will naturally know how to produce more milk for the next feed.

Krex
On car seats, actually my first car seat was gotten thru petrol points accumulation lor! Hee, so cheapo rite : p But bottomline is that it still served its purpose and my boy was sitting there for 1.5 years until we decide to upgrade him to a better one. So the freebie car seat will still be "handed me down" to his meimei when i popped in aug. There are lots of prices diff but ultimately it will depend on yr budget also.

RE: massueur contact

She stays at compassvale st.(sengkang) & she prefers us to go her house and if housecalls she only goes to those around her place like sengkang etc. She charges only $10 extra for transport thats why she dont go to places like chua chu kang etc.. I dont want to spend too much $$ now on massage cos its mainly for body relaxation, blood circulation.. but i will spend more post-natal massage! hehe.. so thats why i find this auntie Ivy is good.. but dont keep saying cheap ah..wait she increase prices! :p Regarding which spa she used to work at, u ask her loh.. wait i reveal here kena sue by the spa. :p But auntie ivy is very nice, she'll even serve u a cup of ginger tea (very nice!) after the massage! she taught me how to make nice ginger tea for my hubby cos he always stomach got wind.. and ginger tea is also very good for preggie who just gave birth. if not wind in stomach is very painful... Her no. is 90236575 n say u recommend by Winnie then she'll know.. Btw she doesnt massage for guys..
happy.gif

RTCP,
Thanks for the tip. By the way, how abt the cap to the glass bottle? You need to cap it when you freeze it. My hospital gave me around 20 glass bottle and tell me normal milk cap can fit for storage purpposes. But bottle cap like avent, pigeon, Dr Brown is way too big. I think onli those normal tollyjoy and prince bottle cap fits. In the end, i used Playtext sterlised storage bag for storage.

Wow, you mummies are early to chat!

Strawberry: I check the Pigeon bottles I bought, I can only see a 1 OR 2 at the bottom of the bottles but nothing else liao.. Am I looking at the corrent place?

Snow: I emailed you last night! But alot of items OOS!

celynlee: Yah breast pump is super ex! I am not getting it now, borrowing the manual from my sis 1st & if breastmilk supply is good then prob invest in a good one. If you have frens going to USA, can ask them to help to get Medela, I know this brand is cheaper is US but not sure abiut Avent. The Medela PIS (which is very good but abit noisy) cost about $700+ in S'pore & USA selling for about $400. Or you want to look through the forum to get 2nd hand one? Cos some just use for one mth then selling off...
happy.gif

Hisstory: The stroller is nice but so ex!!!

I hope my breast won't shrink!! I hope it will be much bigger though! Kekeke!!

Missysz
I got it from Mobil last time. But now should be Esso liao. Maybe check the catalog and see if they got such redemption points for car seats. I collected my car seat from Baby Hypermart in kaki bukit.

Val,
Thanks!! My breast are not sore. But nipples are extremely sensitive! Even when bathing, if water runs through it i will jump!

Twin Star,
Yeah, me the fruit! hehe

Jo,
I share the same feeling as you. Was a 75B/C. Am now a 85D!! And the worst thing is, I have bought 4batches of bra so far!! From La Senza, Tangs, Metro and most recently M&S. The last batch of bra i got from M&S is on offer. $29.00 for cotton bra. I got size 38B though. It fits quite snugly.

Catherine,
Sorry, can I check the W/M over the weekend. Was so tired last night I forgot about it. I agree with you on the outlook of the bra. I tried to get those fancier bras. Guess what. NO SIZE!!! SOB. I was so upset. And the worst part is when you need strapless. Most of the bigger size bras are 3/4cup cutting which cannot go strapless. So upsetting when you are wearing halter or tubes.

HI Joanne and val,

thanks for the welcome. I am due in 16 Aug. This is my no 2 baby.

See that you guys are now talking about nursing bras. For home use, you may consider going Metro to get those $9.90 ones (not sure if the price has increased).

strawberry, i just checked the scense washer doesn't have spin dry function. yours is another brand is it?

nini, sengkang which part? can walk from mrt station or not? does she do post natal? if yes, how much? i live in punggol so can consider her for post natal, haha.

hi blursotong, welcome to this happening thread.
happy.gif

hi ladies, anyone has the contact numbers for baby kingdom and baby hypermart at shun li industrial park? they don't have websites right? i need to check their operating hours...any idea? TIA~

Back