(2008/07) July 2008

dor,
cool cool. tis really tough when both are sick.

nightmares
youpi,
yes C1 gets that regularly. nearly every nite. but he goes straight back to sleep as long as i or Mr C or MIL pat him back to sleep.

thriving w the ILs
C1 is more chatty, more obedient w the MIL than w me and Mr C. *blink*
makes me think anew if one of us shd stay home with the boys as they grow up. Mr C and I had a very short conversation abt it (lasted as long as the car trip home from airport - I went to fetch him last night fm airport). we both wondered aloud if our temperaments are suited to SAH parenthood. hmmm. more thinking and planning required.

and...... i just bought my very first 4-figure bag in london!!! i manage to surprise even myself sometimes. can only do this when both of us are working. this is likely to be the first and last 4-figure bag that i buy in my entire life.

Cellow,

*clap clap* welcome to the club (and the point of no return *wink*) At least you bought it in London. You can save a fair bit.
happy.gif
so which brand is that?

Dor
it's really irritating right...leave the kids with hb for 5 min and u hear one crying. i get that a lot too! but the vomit thing really takes the cake...your hb quite immune...

youpi
soemtimes my kids will talk in their sleep or shout and usually i will go ssshhh very loudly and firmly and they usually go back to sleep. or if they just come and plonk themselves beside me they will sleep.

michelle
saw the pic on FB. so cute. where is it? sounds fun. think jh will like it.

cellow
take pic of your bag!!

i notice that jh is also better behaved with my parents. somehow maybe they know how to do it to please the older folks as well.

Youpi
Poppy also got one bad night recently. Inconsolable. And very strong with her kicks too. Didn't want water, milk, hugs, diaper change, change of clothes, and not even to be brought into our bed. Big cries with lots of snot for a long time. Almost an hour. We were really worried. In the end we watched a small episode of her young self on BB's phone and she was happy :S

Panic chicken moment
Poppy is turning 3 in 5 days! Argh!!!

sy,
ya i think so too. that the children are def better behaved around anyone else other than the parents.

batgirl,
hehe.

loots. ahemmmmm..... *drum roll*
1 LV bag model: brea, purple patent, epi leather
2 pairs of tods shoes
2 pairs of clarks shoes
3 nursing bras (so nice and sooo cheeeeeeap! the designs are much better than those here)
2 tee shirts each for C1 and C2
1 JD bug training bicycle and pedal accessory for C1 {bbp, your local SG price cannot match UK's price, must be the overheads la}
1 playmobil helicopter for C1
1 leapfrog truck for C2
2 hamleys magic boards for C1 and C2 http://www.hamleys.com/Magic_Drawing_Board_%7C_Hamleys_Toys/500660,default,pd.html so that they dun fight over it
1 set of 4 water pistols
various foodstuffs - dried porcini mushrooms, dried wild mushrooms, mustards, chutneys, jams, teas fm M&S and Harrods that is not available here. i havent heard of elderberry cordial before i stepped into Harrods. Harrods up to 50% sale on a fri afternoon is a mad mad madhouse! but so exciting to shop in a new city.
happy.gif

Wow. Cellow went w-i-l-d!!! So therapeutic. Hehe elderberry drink originates from sweden and ikea sells the cordial! But yours confirm nicer cos specially bought and flown back :D

WOAH CELLOW!! you are on a shopping spree there! Lucky the pounds is not as strong as before. Epi leather! Good choice! :D

and Tods shoes! woah! How much you paid there? It is about S$700+ for 1 pair here.

PB,

WOAH! it is unbelievable that time passed so fast rite? no need to panic *breathe in breathe out*

Cellow,
Phwah! Do you have enough hands to lug everything back home?
Yah, SG price can never compete with these big market prices. They have such a huge market, they can always ask for better prices.

cellow > u really had a gd retail therapy! agree with batgirl..once u start, there is no turning back ;)

Dor > husbands..blah :p hope E and D get well soon ya.

bday bash - we will get cupcakes for the kiddos ok? mummies with more than 1 kid, let me know if you want me to get the extra cupcake for the sibling. updated list :

Big birthday bash
23 July 2011
Potluck @ Botanic Gardens
1) Cin_bunny - Fruits
2) cellow
3) youpi
4) jace
5) Jo (homemade pizza)
6) smiggleprincess
7) SD (mini chocolate banana cupcakes)
8) bbp (2 adults & 1 child bringing Beancurd Chicken)
9) Qing
10) bbG

cupcakes sound great! thanks cin for organising!

cellow! you sound like you had great fun there (shopping too!) AND OOH.. love the hamley board you got.. like a doodle board but in black!

curious to know how much you paid for the tods too.. been lemming for a pair but knowing how i trash my shoes.. haven't gotten one yet..

yes girls,
i went a little crazy. think tis the sale sale sale signs that got to me.

tods shoes. oh. $700 for ONE measly pair of shoes. are they made of gold or wat. i only paid 158 and 178 pounds for the 2 pairs. looks like i got a real bargain then. *cellow pats herself on the back for a good buy, 2 good buys* drats, i shd have bought more

but i tell you ah... now i have to keep my shoes inside instead of just throwing them around outside the house. hmm. under lock and key? bwahhahhahh

bbp,
Mr C went with me. i flew biz class and exceeded the 35kg limit by 5kg. the initial plan is for me to chk in all the luggage. BUT as you rightly point out, my hands (and feet, and elbows, and knees) were full.

i take myself off the list.....
Big birthday bash
23 July 2011
1) Cin_bunny - Fruits
3) youpi
4) jace
5) Jo (homemade pizza)
6) smiggleprincess
7) SD (mini chocolate banana cupcakes)
8) bbp (2 adults & 1 child bringing Beancurd Chicken)
9) Qing
10) bbG

Dordor
I would also be upset if I were you. I hope Ember is fine now.

cellow
Wahh shopping in London! How nice! You definitely had a good bargain!

Birthday bash
Since we are having cupcakes, I will change the food to sandwiches and sausages.
Big birthday bash
23 July 2011
1) Cin_bunny - Fruits
2) youpi
3) jace
4) Jo (homemade pizza)
5) smiggleprincess
6) SD (sandwiches and sausages)
7) bbp (2 adults & 1 child bringing Beancurd Chicken)
8) Qing
9) bbG

GAP Sale
Mummies, GAP is having sale islandwide. 60% off for women, 50% for men and Babygap, 30% for kids stuff. If you buy 3 you'll get additional 10%, buy 5 and additional 20%. Very good bargain. I bought a lot of clothes for the kids.

Sale sale sale!
To add on to that, FOX's sale is also good! Things starting at $5! I'm not sure if all outlets have; I saw at plaza sing

Ktm train
I heard there are ticks avail now, now that the hols are over. Anyone keen on ponteng-ing sch tomorrow? Hehe.

You know, I was just reading somewhere that in our 30s-40s, our skin can change for the worse. And snap, just like that, on the morning of my birthday, I was gifted with a spray of pimples that have yet to go away. Boohoohoo. Gek sim

Super shopper Cellow
Whoo-Hoo!!! *kowtow* I enjoy vicariously
happy.gif

Batgirl
At the Jurassic area we only got onto the flying dinos. Think that's the only one the smaller kids can ride. Wuffy may also be tall enough for the Canopy Flyer, if he is at least 92cm. That's the basic height restriction.

youpi,
Haha, I just turn to you for advice if I need any on Dec's height requirement :p

Cellow,
Haha. Sounds like you had fun though! YEs, please keep your shoes in the house ah.

PB,
Eh eh. Then I shall go to United Square for lunch today! FOX here I Come!

And did I mention that Dec is finally growing out of his tatty home T-shirts? Yes, Cellow, those that C2 started wearing like half a year ago. :p

Cellow
Wah your shopping make me itch to shop!!! Haha
I was so tempted to tag along my sis on her business trip but the airtix just for me n the 2 kids...........omg so expensive!!!
N I dun dare to take budget air with the kids.
sad.gif

Cellos
Wow!!! Kudos!!

Sd
I bought 12 items for just 200 only. It was crazy loh...

Oh oh... I'm finally able to get away from my stressful work for three days. Phuket here I come....

Anyway no updates yet, as I haven't seen any gynae or tcm. And my Mense has definitely gone crazy. After that incident it has decided not to come at all... Sian sian... Don't come when I'm in Phuket can le.

Pb
At least it's just pimple not wrinkles. I have a few lines under my eyes... Double double sian. Just spotted them this morning and I am still a few days away to 25 loh....

i can't seem to upload my msg. always show me error msg.

pb,
sorry for the late response. we can't make it for the police station tour as i have a work event on the same day. have fun.

cellow,
love your shopping loot! the discount is definitely more attractive than our GSS!

missysz,

I am facing that problem too! So i hardly post cos I cannot get it in!

Cellow,

the tods shoes are definitely a good buy! well done!! if i can go to Europe i will also buy shoes, cant seem to find nice good shoes for my feet. Too big for asian.
sad.gif

PB,

You are right. once I hit 30, the difference in skin quality is quite apparent (for me). There are more pigmentation and some fine lines. And now i am approaching 40... darn.....

Birthday bash
Since we are having cupcakes, I will change the food to sandwiches and sausages.
Big birthday bash
23 July 2011
1) Cin_bunny - Fruits
2) youpi
3) jace
4) Jo (homemade pizza)
5) smiggleprincess
6) SD (sandwiches and sausages)
7) bbp (2 adults & 1 child bringing Beancurd Chicken)
8) Qing
9) bbG
10) bluey (2 kids bringing fishballs)

Sorry girls. Haven't had the time to call mata. Been so busy. Gave myself 1 week off work to recouperate from the busy busy month of June hols but have been doing all sorts of things contributing to poppy's birthday partIES.

Will call next week ok? Should be end Jul
happy.gif

DD, where got early 30?? mid 30 liao... but I find time is passing so fast that I think th big 4-0 is just a blink of an eye away. :p

missysz, thanx! Apporaching 40 in 5 yrs time.. in the meantime have to do more facials to remain young... dun think i am the type who will age gracefully. :p

youpi,

Wuffy might make it for that ride. think he is ard 95cm. he is into Dinosaurs, so hope he will enjoy the jurassic park rides. kekeke.. so looking forward to it!

cellow
wow the shopping loot is fantastic!!!!

batgirl,
hee yeah once we pass the big 3, everything goes downhill! my fren taught me a technique she learnt on the taiwanese beauty show on how to massage your face after you put moisturizer. she said it helps tighten the skin!!

for the dino ride, i think it can get quite scary for the kids cos there was one part where it was really really dark. i brought jh. while he din cry, but the 2 gals sitting with us cried big time....so unless he is not afraid of dark, i suggest kiv....cos it was really dark and then got this shock before u go down...

Good morning on this wet wet day!

Is there any mummy here who is a Mac techie and who can help me? I just need to pick a expert brain for ideas on how to work out my Mac.

Used laptops & computers
What do you do with the old one when you buy a new laptop or computer? I am thinking of getting a new one, but if I do, I'll have three!

DD
Wow you still have that! Sure brings back sweet memories
happy.gif

Bluey
Hellooooo!

Batgirl
When are you going? Have fun!
And you are far far away from old age lah. You definitely look much younger.

Bbp
Yah lor. Our two are still the most petite, yes?

youpi,
For the boys, we definitely win hands down. I think there are a few girls that are equally petite as well, just not sure which ones. I know they are definitely not Poppy & Sophie :p
I'm not a Mac techie and I think Mr bbp doesn't qualify either. But he IS a techie and has a Mac (for a year now). Wanna try his brain?

are there days where the children do not respond to hugs and sayangs, and m i the only abnormal mummy around who wants to hang them upside down at that point in time and just smack them silly.

no i did not. but that was the very vivid picture in my head this morning as C1 fought me every single step of the way from waking up to the time we stepped out of the house.

i m thinking of a strategy to handle busy mornings and mad evenings my structured routine son. vanguard sheet and a pictorial view of the process.

ok, i have a strategy. i am not so insane now. there is smthing abt my own child crying for no good reason in the morning when i m trying to get out of the house that drives me crazy.

part of me knows that he is acting out from missing us last week.

haiya....... SIGH

Petite
pls dont forget kayden ah...

Cellow
show us your shoes!!!
cant wait to go on a holiday..
i just wanna leave the kids at home and run out these days..

Spa
any recommendations??
my back is hurting so much..

Dino ride..

hmmm....whilst wuffy is a brave one (not scared of lizards, cockroaches, dogs, cats, goats, even the cane) he is quite afraid of the dark. hmmmmmmm....

We are going on the 16th of July. :D just before his 3rd birthday.
happy.gif

Youpi,

thanks for you kind comments! and yes, SY, massaging does help to tighten the skin. but must massage correctly..else kenna lines. :p

SmiggleP,

Try Qi Mantra at Great World City. Look for Lily, she is the best!
happy.gif

Size
I think poppy may even be heavier than JH!

Mummies who have been on cruise with kids
Any tips?

Cellow
Of cos there are days kids don't want to respond to anything and just want to make us pull out our hair

PB
yeah i think poppy is good size. no matter what i feed him he just dun grow!!

Cellow
it's normal. sometimes they are just like that. rejecting every TLC move that we make. it's frustrating but just leave them alone. nowadays when jx dun respond to anything, i scold, leave her alone for a few min and she auto come back for hugs and kisses. works better than me trying to sayang her!

batgirl
yeah i was very scared i will massage wrongly but my colleague showed me how and she said got effect...

jx din take the dino ride. only me and jh and the only reason is cos he's crazy about dino!

Bluey
Where to sell? How to make sure that I have erased everything completely?

I will pass one lappie to #1 so only one to get rid of
happy.gif

Bbp
Thanks for offering Mr Bbp's brain
happy.gif
I've decided to get a new one 'cos it makes better sense to do that that upgrade my current one, which is already two years old. I need the OS that comes bundled with the new ones. Will then get rid of the oldest Mac, and let S use my current one.

Cellow
It's normal... from what I read here, what you worry about and take steps to solve etc, looks like you're doing good. Don't worry!

PB,

I take their package, each time is about $60 per hr (after discount). I am a sucker for spa packages. :p

I am going on the cruise later this evening, will watch out for good makan places! :D

Happy 3years old birthday poppy bunny, twins, lab bit's r, and Sophie bunny.may you always have sunshine happiness, love, excellent health and fun.
happy.gif

youpi,
thanks for the reassurance! sometimes i do wonder if i m going insane, and is it only me.

SY,
oooooh, you must show me how to do the anti wrinkle massage next time.

this is jim jam July..... our little ones are turning 3 (and some have already reached the milestone.... heh)

happy birthday to all the lovely, sometimes exasperating, and always good-for-a-laugh 3yos!!!

C1 negotiated for dessert, a mango pudding, last evening. when the dessert came to the table, Mr C asked him to share. and C1 looked sternly at Mr C - papa, you cannot finish! wahahhahhhha.

And you need to stop posting these cos they make me hyperventilate too!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! *bbp runs away screaming in horror too*

Back