(2008/07) July 2008

winterwear update
apparently even before my hb's visa got approved, he had taken pomfret to planet traveller and bought her two outerwear thingie.... (why i don't see him buy anything for me? why? why? why?) and he even had the cheek to tell me "must handwash hor" fine so i handwashed them and dutifully hang them out to dry. and then my hb tells me "you just wear my old jacket" and then i imagined whacking him on the head with a gigantic hammer.

i'm not sure if i should be borrowing any outerwear thingie from anyone! i've ballooned! just trying to buy clothes for cny , even XL sizes don't quite fit anymore! bleah. i hope japan can freeze my fats off! :D

dor
yeah hb decided on japan afterall and we're throwing budget into the wind coz i guess we never had a honeymoon, and he NEVER (and i really mean, NEVER EVER) took a holiday since puberty or something. like really, NEVER. and he plays the organ for the church choir, and the choir members are kinda stunned that he's actually not going to play for 2 weekends. like, really stunned. he's probably only missed choir practice maybe 3 times in 15 years (1 time being our wedding, 1 time being pomfret being born, 1 time coz of my baptism thingie)

pb
i'm more excited about dimsum next week than about borrowing winterwear. dimsum promise? promise?

michelle
even if you feel okay, go easy on the solids. my brother took solids by 3rd day, but the food got stuck in the stitches and rotted and gave him infection!!!!

staying with ils
eh, but still a bit tough too to have another 'family unit' under the same roof. sil and bil's kids sleep by 8pm and wake at 6am. and pomfret's timing is like, sleep midnight and wake 10am. so the overlapping times are tough. like when her cousins are trying to sleep, she wants to play. her naptime, the cousins are awake and playing so she wants to play too. mealtimes also not coordinated. one child refuses to eat coz the other child is playing. etc etc etc.... and like when the cousins are sleeping, then pomfret has to be confined to our bedroom so she wouldn't wake them up with her squeals. yikes.

hi dustee - u can try slowly easing the meal times together for sanity! am helping watch my cousin's kid for the next few weeks and his naptime is 2pm wherelse bean's is 12..so on day 2, i just put him into bed at 12pm and he slept and woke up the same time as bean..kids are quite adaptable..hehe..initially on day 1, it wa slike yr situation...one has to keep quiet while the other was napping././.tough!

this evening - PB and poppy are coming to swim and chill so if anyone's keen to join at 4pm, drop by in! PM me for address
happy.gif

Bbp where you bringing dec to? When? Backpacking again?? I took tour package to Hokkaido think no chance to cook for eboy this time. By may he will have to eat sushi and bento liao!! Tokyo is f&e but think also dun wAnt to bring pot and what nots to cook lah. Very excited about my impending trip!! Bring along a portable DVD player to keep him still in coach.

Dustee so you still need the winter clothe viewing next wk??

WHile I'm replying posts this E is watching Okto channel "Ni Hao Kai Lan".
N she is copying every chinese word they say. Currently she keeps saying "kai Xing Mama Kai xing mama" LOL

bbp
I make u scared liao aah.....I haven mention i worry abt the aeroplane yet right even though its jus a 4 hr flight. I mean hw to squeeze me n her in the small plane toilet if she needs to go???
N ur going USA??...........heheehe

Michelle
I'm not bringing those paper put on potty kind. I am bringing those adapter kind to put on toilet seat so their small but won't fallin kind. The foldable 1 lor cos I definately dun wanna lug 1 big seat all over HK!!!
D is okie cos only when he needs to poo like every morn will be in hotel ma. But E needs to sit everytime she goes toilet leh...........sian manz just thinking abt it....hahaha

Think just keep E boy warm n monitor bah.

Dustee
hehe good ma he miss all the chior is all for your small family leh. U should be happy....hehe

Oh but the kids are not in sch yet too?? So whole day at home kind?? I guess u will have to get used to waking super early then cos Mel sure will wake when she hears the other kids.

Michelle,
Suppose to go the States in June, but everything's still up in the air. Backpacking? Actually, I dunno leh. Depends on what the definition of backpacking is leh. what's the definition of backpacking anyway?
Wah, you going Hokkaido! It's going to be cold right?

dor dor,
Haha, I know "Ni Hao Kai Lan". Mr bbp keeps making fun of that show. Anyway, I wonder if it's the same producer as Dora and Diego cos very similar style although I've only watched Dora like at most 2 times?
Can squeeze E into the toilet la... she's such a little girl!

I did a very bad thing last night. I lashed out at hubby in the car(with the kids around) when he cannot remember where we took the kids to the week before CNY.
He only goes out with us like 2 times a week n he cannot remember where we went when asked.

Cos I blame him for making me n D sick during CNY as he took the kids to Yu Guo for massage just before CNY. D has been asking to go for weeks but he always too busy working. N I did grumble abt going just before CNY as I dun want the kids to catch anything. Sure enough the boy before D was coughing away and I still told him "Jialat" cos using that same bed.

N sure enough me n D were sick on CNY. N he totally cannot remember where we went.

Plus D blurted out last week that this hse is our hse (Me, D, E). Papa's hse is his lorry(cos hubby always go to work at night until wee hrs in the morn) but he also likes papa to stay at our hse. I told hubby abt it but as usual he didn't respond. So I was super pissed.

Then D said "Mama I dun want to see Papa's face, I see his hands only"
I asked him Why and he said "Becos you angry Papa always go work"

See lah a 3 yr old can understand but a 30 yr old cannot!!!

bbp
I gotta squat n hold E while she sit on the toilet leh. Big enough??
Hehe I duno cos i've NEVER used the toilet on the plane before haha.

dor dor
bbp is rite... the toilets at the end r bigger coz got changing table for babies... so use those instead!!

n D is smart lor... n dun be so pissed ya... coz its still CNY period leh... can understand ur fustration coz sometimes my HB also take awhile to responsd to my comments... MEN!!!

As you can see my mind is preoccupied with my trip. Cos it's package tour right? So we'd be out the whole day then how is Ethan going to take his nap? Think he can fit into ergo by then? If so then can I borrow and chope first leh?? Else should I bring stroller? Doesn't make sense cos I need to fold and open when we go up and down the coach? Hmmmm

michelle
i did not bring along my stroller for my recent trip n it was quite siong for my HB who had to ergo Ernest most of the time... so my take is to bring along ur stroller so tt not so siong to carry eboy throughout the trip... maybe u can bring along an easy to fold stroller along...

dordor,
it is only human... men do smtimes take a while longer to respond.

pb,
C1 is going to school 1 Mar, next Monday. Need to buy pullups for him liao. hehe, yes yes, toilet training leave to school, but i still need to monitor and cont at home ah. oh oh, is poppy going to school soon too?
muarks to you too for milkbags!

oh i uploaded my netherlands and preggie-me shots on FB.... know some of you already commented on the preggie shots... thanks for all the comments!
BIL (hb's sis' hb) take one. he is doing freelance photography on the side.

cellow
i did not buy pull-ups for Ernest when he went to sch... i think they wont train till the kids can speak... probably at 2yrs... so u check with his teachers 1st b4 u buy ya...

jsp,
then how do they get the kids to lie down and change diaper? C1 doesnt like it when i lie him down now, gotta distract him with windmills and cars and gears

Michelle
yup, i vote for the stroller to..
i didnt bring it on the cruise and my back aching liao.. plus he can sleep better in it.. unless he dont like sitting in the stroller

JSP
poor ernest.. so he's not on pull-up diapers??
i previously let kayden try before and feel that its making his bottom red.. but very easy to change him la..

Cellow
so how many days u took leave to go school with him?? or just leave it all to Mr C??

cellow
they have a way of chging their diapers in a standing position n i find it quite innovative lor... so no need pull-ups till they start toilet training i guess...

smiggle
no... he's still on normal diapers... save me a bomb lor... coz pull-ups r really ex n the fit not as gd lor...

anyone want to buy anything from www.drugstore.com ?

my calendula cream finish liao.
need to stock up again.
but this time no more bundle price liao.
currently price is $11.29.

i am buying 2 tubs. but still $20+ to free shipping.
anyone?

holiday talk time... we still have not decided where to go or when.. hb thinks i'm nuts when i tell him to plan right coz i won't let bbG go anywhere too cold or too hot haha! but dun want him to fall sick lah..

Dor Dor
You gave me an extra item, a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Will pass back to you when we next meet, k?

Michelle,
bring the ergo and stroller.. Do check on the temperature . If you need warm clothes .. I have plenty.. I brought my kid to hokaido before.. Anything need to know can call me..

mich,
ya, i think u better bring BOTH... is easier to move ard but when Eboy wanna rest, u all can bring the stroller out to let him rest.

LOL!! today i went for a gynae check up. when i was called into the doc's rm, the nurses ask me to leave bosco to them as he was slping. well, i am quite close with the nurses so i happily left him with them. when i was about done, i hear bosco crying outside. when i went outside, the nurses told me, "ur son ask me to 'zou kai!'." LOL!!! i never heard him telling me that though.

Dor dor, you bring your kids to yu guo? I brought e a few times too but each time he go he tend to catch something back so I stop..

holly
hehe so funny bosco! he never fails to surprise!

so has gynae given you the go-ahead for #2 yet?

cellow
no poppy is not going to school yet. we haven't even decided where and when she will go but prob when bluebunny goes back to work lor. and that depends on whether i am still working or if we decide that it's not worth it. sigh. i have NEVER lived so one-day-at-a-time!

mummies,
i have a big favour to ask you all. regarding the 10 mill toto draw, if you are still considering whether or not to buy, please don't... please give chan to single-income families who live in 3-room flats..... LIKE ME!!!!!!!!

hahahha

youpi
Its an extra given item in your box so i pass it to you cos i also have but have not tried using at all.....hehe

rena
Yah I bring them to Yu Guo cos D loves to be massaged there n will ask to go. Ember absolutely hates it n will cry everytime she is massasged.....hahaha
Yah they tend to bring germs home so only when they sick n dun recover well I will bring them there for tmc n massage lor.

PB
hahaha u funny lah but if its urs its urs no matter hw many ppl buy.
If its not urs no matter hw little ppl buy also not urs....hehe
I always tell this to my mum when she tell me abt her 4D misses......hehehe

So must tell us if you can also resign fri night K.....keke

Qing
U might wanna check out diapers.com if u getting calendula cream only. Seems to be cheaper n 1st time order can have dunno $10 or $5 off.
I have the code if u need.
N if u ship to vpost oregon addy it is 1 day shipping FOC for abv $49 usd.

Stress of being a parent - Quick Survey - help a grad student

Thank you to those who have completed my survey! I have until March 1 to get a few more responses so I can begin my research project. Can you share this with other parents you know? I really appreciate the help and am so excited about studying in your country! The study is to learn more about couple's relationship as they take on the role of parenthood.

The following people are invited to take the 5-minute survey:
* Have you had your first (and only) child in the past six months to 24 months?
* Do you live with the co-parent?
* Is it the first child for both partners?

To start the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=odvEJo1BPt_2bCF3hlE7BK7g_3d_3d

Regards,
Robyn Maley

dor.. what's yu guo?? some kinda massage?

haha PB u r so funny! what time are the draw results out today?? dunno i can retire young or not :D but if many people share the winning no, means prizes are shared among them right? so each get a smaller pie...

someone's been trying to climb into his box of toys recently so it's time to get a ball pit for him..but whoa.. dunno where to put it man.. even his ikea tent is kept away and taken out each time he wanna go camping at home..

TGIF! have a good weekend mummies!

can i ask what is this Sambucus thingy?

and dor
i tried that one before liao. so cannot use the $10 off discount.

bbg, youpi and e2
ur order confirmed liao.

dustee
u going japan...
yeah!!!

i see dim sum
is there one more next week>?
i missed the one this week...
i want to go

cellow
saw ur pictures.
C1 has grown so much.
that mean it has been a long time since i last saw him.
can i still rem when we went for our koko mee with him loh.

holly
bosco say that?
wow...
barbie is still stuck with no no no

ya, did gynae say u can work hard like me too?

dor/e2
what is yu guo?

pb
so when are u starting work?

and i think i need the toto too.
soon, my hubby is leaving his job in 2 weeks time.
and i am single parent earning only for don know how long.
u still have a house of your own loh. i DON HAVE!!!
so i should win them all...
hahahah...

bbp also ah. (both os us same situation)
but how i wish i was the one staying at home like u.

e2,
let me know if u want to purchase from drugstore or the BP.
i am still going ahead with the drugstore. got some other thing to buy too.

wah those without hse no need to pay housing loan! pple like me who need to pay housing loan shld winnnnn!

*shucks* i haven't gone to buy yet!!! never bought before maybe will have beginner's luck! still have time bo? btw, how to buy ah? muahahah!

doggiebb
u can choose 7 no from 1-45. or choose system pick.
i always buy system 7 ($3.50)

and thats the worse loh. no house lehz. u got house liao. so i should win to buy house ma...

wahahaha... u gers snatching to win the TOTO huh?? i alrdy bought liao... i also no house leh... n #2 coming so i shld win rite??

qing
the dim sum lunch had been postponed to next week liao...

Red Star Dim Sum
2 Mar, 12.15pm
1) PB
2)michelle
3) bbp
4) JSP
5) batgirl
6) Qing

i add ur name liao hor...

doggiebb
i usually just buy the normal system pick... $1.00 for 2 sets of 6 numbers...

Re: TOTO

We bought the $268 goody pack. share among some colleagues. it includes 12 system 7 tickets from the 12 luckiest toto store. Also includes Big Sweep tickets. We bought it online so no need to queue. Singapore Pools is very innovative huh --toto also got goody pack.
happy.gif

Well may the luckiest punter win! hehe

Cellow,

wah, your BIL takes very nice pictures! havent checked out the netherlands pictures though.. will do so later. kekekeke

Yu Guo xiao Er Tui Na
----------------------------------
They have massage for bbs n kids which is supposed to help build their immunity n stuff n they have an Ee shi there who will see ur kid to prescribe meds if needed and see what kind of massage to give.
But very easy to catch germs cos alot of ppl there waiting n even massage is in a mass area lor. N mostly those who go are tadah!! SICK!!

We tried letting E go often last time cos of her hives n the ee shi keep saying if she poos daily to clear the toxins her hives will not come. But hw to lor......sigh
Even take their meds also work awhile nia like few days she will poo everyday then go back again. N she simply hates the massage....not like D jus lie there super enjoy kind lor.

dor,
I give Dec half a Peckham pear - steamed, after his morning milk almost every day and I strongly believe it helps him poo daily. Soft poo - no hard pellets somemore. You want to try on E?

bbp
U mesh the pear?? Or let Dec bite himself??
Did Dec also used to poo daily since infant time even before he start taking the pears??

Maybe can try for E if she dun reject n means I gotta keep buying the pears!!....haha

Ember doesn't poo daily since infant time will be 3-4 days once so I think her system is like that hard to change it to make it become daily poo. Me also not the kind who goes everyday but my hubby is so i believe D takes after him n E takes after me in that aspect.

Back