(2008/07) July 2008

bbG(shld start getting used to calling u this nick)
heehee... forgot u stay at woodlands leh... i used to love amk nlb coz got a huge range of books...

missy
wah you saw me hanging out the clothes? from the road that my kitchen faces, you must have only caught a glimpse of me for 2-3 seconds! you very power!

that pork chop very shiok right? some of us have been together. one day should organise again!

SY
poppy is the opposite from JX. got 4 upper, 2 lower

do1nk
i think the library exchange coupon is to get a book, not borrow.

btw dustee
max is 30 books... you got to find some other way to give away your other 170! hehe

jacelyn and bb xun - get well soon!

any of your bb's hate having their faces wiped? mine totally hates it and will major cry.. yanks the hankie away and throws his head backwards..then complains complains complains!

he's happier being like this!
2292655.jpg

liverpool
my hubby also a fan...

PB
good idea...
i am totally in it...

i rem u say abt u trying to make her sleep then hubby came in do noisy stuff loh...

u did the right thing.
theere is a super high chance hi will burn the whole block now.
"touch wood"

sy
same here.
when barbie first suck the water from straw she also didnt swallow.
she 'pui' all out and give to her clothes to drink...

and she has 6 teeth already...
WOW...

same here again.
barbie also can take medicine...

jacelyn
my also strawberry and apple.
did u let her try liao?

what happen to you and bb???

xuan pei can crawl forward! have been putting her on my bed to practise crawling she could crawl reverse gear only, now then put her on floor she can crawl forward very fast... but look like lizard crawling :p

Re thumb sucking, just tot of a way: put mitten! I just put 1 on the hand that bb xun loves to suck. see if it works .. hee hee well for now, she is sleeping beside me without sucking thumb (errm but instead of sucking mitten, she is sucking her blanket! haha)

Qing, me and bb xun sick lo. The virus is very strong ... it went like this:
1YO niece -> bb xun -> 5YO niece -> my mum -> maid -> me -> my dad ... ... doc says it is going in circles coz the original virus mutated (sounds scary hor?) a bit and went back to bb so bb will only fully recover when everyone in the family recovers!!! wow sey. So everyone out that, PLS TAKE CARE! Dun fall ill ah. lately the virus is POTENT!
Gerber puff, no chance to let her try today leh ...will find some time. :p

Waiwai, how u been? Feeling much better now? Maid is my sis one so i also not sure how much .. just know that the levy is much lower coz got bb.

Thanks everyone for well wishes! I also hope to get well soon!!!

Jenny
Yes lor u weird aah.....hahaha
How I wish dun have to buy diapers anymore. But I only buying for E nia cos that time Nepia promo I bought 2 packs of pullups for D liao. Until now still using cos the diaper is dry every morn ma jus wear again at night...hehehe

Delphine
All along for D I have never asked him to wake to pee. N I never make sure he pee before bed cos I scared kajiao him liao he will be wide awake.
Cos he self train for night pee, so what I do is jus when he stir or sit up then ask him if he wanna pee. But these few days I realise he can hold more pee already as in dun have to pee once in middle of the night. Or even wake to pee he can still hold till morn. But guess will still use up all the diapers I have before totally dun wear.

dustee
Yah sometimes I also worry abt finances cos we all want our bbs to have the best right. BUt then think again, some can even support a whole family with 1K salary. So definately can 1 n dun think so much.

Cellow
haha U also same as me think too much 1.....hehe
I think its a mummy thing too lah....keke

PB
My hubby always sleep talk so I told him very easy if he's hiding anything from me cos he definately will blurt out in his sleep. But sometimes very irritating when he will suddenly "HUH what did U say??" Then I'll go "WHAT DID I ?? Zhou gong talk to u is it??"...hehehe

Oh yes Damien also inherited all of hubby's bad habits. Sleep talking n dead to all noises when asleep. But hmmm that's a good thing now cos when Ember screams D doesn't even flinch.

Star
Aiyoh, I didn't know that there are actually so many guys who likes to nap at night.....no wonder there are so few sahd. I have to nag at mine for days before he will not take nap, quickly finis everything n go to bed FOR A FEW DAYS. Then the cycle starts again.....*roll eyes*

Mine is diff he lives to work 24/7 n back home jus to sleep only.

do1nk
bbG is so steady at the com. Wonder what is it with bbs n com. IF I bf Ember while on the com, 1 of her hands will reach behind to touch the com.
Ehh woodlands library is very big leh.

Qing
Very dangerous leh if you also scared. Then make ur hubby sleep with Barbie lor since he can control. Then u can sleep peacefully. My hubby also dead to the world when he sleep 1 so everytime he tells the kids to sleep with him. I will purposely tell them that if Papa squash them must shout for me. Then hubby always return them to me 1.

Hannahl
I have chinchillas. In a room by themselves....hehe
They are nocturnal animals (rodents) so we feed them at night. My hubby aah.....sigh....I also dunno hw he can focus. Maybe that's why he's so forgetful. But I nag n nag at him to sleep early but he doesn't lor. N if he doesn't sleep early I can't too. Anyway he only comes home after 12am.(like cinderella)....hehe

SY
I let Ember use straw cup already too cos she knows hw to suck after using the Avent sippy. So much easier lor....hehe

Re teething
Ember's tooth very weird leh. She has only 1 tooth on the bottom right. Then now I think popping another upper tooth on the right side too.....hehee

aiyo.. everyday hearing baby/mummy not feeling well... everybody please take care.. drink more water...

dor, at least ember got 1 tooth leh... upper coming some more.. ethan still very bogay.. dun even see any white lines, gums not even swollen.. my MIL say must be i preggy time never drink milk, that's why ethan lack of calcium...

Today brought ethan for another swim.. well, 1st swim, ethan cried and cried, 2nd swim, he slept like a log.. 3rd swim with thaddeus he is like "yeah, put me in water, i dun care" kinda attitude.. today!?! - "michael phelps in the making" attitude.... kick and splash like he lurves water so much... really dun understand babies!

thread very silent today hor? where is everybody?

bbG, ethan also doesn;t like to clean his face lah... everytime towel approaching only, he will turn away immediately, then use his hands to beat my hands away loh.. use force lah! only when we lie him down and tell him bathing time.. then he guai guai let us clean his face loh...

bbp, on the gerber puffs, why dun u put it in his mouth for the first time , then see how? If nice, he'll cheong for more?? Coz when i first introduced that to celeste, she dun know how to pick them up on her own yet. Then now ah, see bottle only chong dong liao
happy.gif
She dun throw her biscuits one. Can keep eating. But comes to cereals, porridge ah, different loh!! Shake head, zip mouth after a short while only
happy.gif

bbG is so cute, can cry, stop, then cry again!!

pb, thanks. Poppy where got look like a boy???
happy.gif

Jacelyn, thanks.

Wai Wai, my maid's salary is $350 per mth with no off day. The levy is $170. Besides these fixed costs, has to provide food & basic toiletories (how to spell huh
happy.gif
). Good to hire a helper to help out. Sometimes juz needed a set of extra helping hand, provided u r lucky to get a gd one!!

dor, can u believe it, both of my boys still wearing diapers at nite. Yes.. including my P2 boy... Shhhhh... They can't wake up to pee one leh. Last time i really woke my #1 to pee in the middle of the nite. Very tough. In the end give up liao.

Ur hubby will have time to spend with the kids or not?

My girl also dun like to wipe face. And, no signs of tooth coming out!!!

Hannah,
I put the puffs in his mouth already leh. Then he got this super weird expression. I also dunno if he likes it or not. But I tried... eh, quite nice what...

dor dor

think every kid develop differently, including tooth development ?
happy.gif

Rianne lower two teeth is sprouting too .. can see the white lines le.

eh my Rachel stop wearing diapers for nite since abt 2-3 weeks ago. She demanded that we dun put on for her. So kinda of wean herself off but 1st week still pee on her bed ! but we put changing mat under her so minimise the damage, and plus I have maid to wash the bedsheet hiak hiak hiak !

Hannah

u really need to take off the diapers else they will never learn ! pee once or twice on the bed, give them a good "piak" on the butt and they'll realise their mistakes. Good luck !
happy.gif

oh i've just introduced gerber puff to Rianne too ! She can chew and swallow it really well. Anyway Rianne has tried plain white rice also .. she eats when I eat
happy.gif

lbt, my P4 nephew still wet his bed everyday without wearing diapers!!
happy.gif

My sis insists no diapers on him. Brought him to tcm, kkh, bought the alarm thingy. All no use leh..

Eeee, when they wet their pants even with diapers, the room stinks leh
happy.gif
Let them sleep on wet bed huh? Then all of us sleeping in the same aircon room now leh. This is my main concern loh
happy.gif

Sigh.. runs in the family??

sigh just now around lunchtime, pomfret fell off the bed. and my bed's quite high. heard her screaming and ran back to the room to find her lying back on the floor next to the bed.

then brought her to mt alvernia clinic, and dr said seems okay but need to observe for next 1 week.

gosh i don't think i've been so scared before.

and you know i stay with my in-laws, so the comments are just coming in. i know i know, they love their grandchild, but does being critical of me help in any way? it's not as if my heart didn't break seeing her cry like that, and feeling guilty that somehow something else i could have done (such as forcing her to sleep in her cot) could have prevented this.

my husband doesn't want to put a mattress on the floor. what can i do? buy those bed rails?

hannah
Then gotta instill habit to make them pee b4 bed ! I tell my gal sternly that if she has the urge in the middle of the nite, she must wake us up else she'll get it frm me ! Haha they r train-able one !

Dustee,
Sayang melissa ! Juz install bed rails . . . She'll b ok

dustee,
We are behind you all the way... just try your best to let those comments slide.
Well, I think it won't really help, but Declan's fallen (I think) 3 times off the bed already. Yah, and our bed is quite high too. :p Umm, and that doesn't even include the numerous times he rolls onto his side while crawling, and his big head will of course hit the floor.

When I looked at today's Today 2nd page, I think I spy a familiar face - bb L and big bro S! yes, youpi? is that you? writing abt how gracious (or not!) Singapore is to an overladen mummy.

dustee,
let those comments go... as if u dun feel bad enuf already. Repeat to self - 'I am a good mummy, I am a good mummy, I do the best I can for pomfret'. Sayang you and pomfret *hugs*

waiwai,
Filipino helper w no off day - $350 in salary. $170 levy. Plus food + basic toiletries + medical bills so far... I agak abt $700-$800 per month gua.

hannahi and cinbunny,
all the best w your new helpers!

sianz.
today discovered i m no longer in the menses-free club. i thot BF ws supposed to delay the return of the menses?!
no wonder my milk supply was quite little last week....

Cellow,
I actually was on the 2nd floor already. But when I read your comment on youpi being in Today, I specially went down to the 1st floor to search for the papers.

Youpi,
Prior to this test, have you ever gone out like that before? If you have, then you are my hero.

<font color="0000ff">Hahhaa I so gundo!!! I keep wondering why you mummies post on our older kiddos n their toilet train at night. Then I scrollup n realise that I actually posted here what I was suppose to post at my #1's thread(but to the same Delphine)....hahaha</font>

Hannahl
I'm lucky my #1 self train for night pee. Cos he jus dun pee on his own or he will keep stirring if he needs to pee then I jus wake him. Still wearing diaper for him for incase lor cos dun want him to wet my bed leh. U so goot lat still wake them to pee. I dun dare cos I scared my boy dun go back to sleep then I jialat...haha

No choice lor, my hubby work long hrs that's why I must be a sahm else my poor kids like no parents liao. As for time with kids I must nag n nag n nag n make him feel guilty then he will make time. He comes back for dinner everyday then leave for work again. N sometimes if my son needs to go see doc I will make hubby not work on sun(must pretend helpless) then he will arrange not to work n bring us go. So actually its possible jus whether he wants to or not lor.

Ember will actually keep saying mum mum when she sees the gerber puff or see anyone eating....haha
Same pattern when it comes to porridge. Headache man.

Lbt
D still got accident once in awhile like when he sick he pee during nap n still dun wake!!! Cos day time definately no diaper n I only put diaper for him when I go to sleep which is abt 3am....hehe
We tried not putting diaper at all few mths ago. Works wel but then dunno why suddenly got accident. So now scared liao, since still got pullups we will wear for him...hehe

dustee
Poor you, I already feel so fustrsted when hubby comments. U still got ur inlaws commenting. Ember also jus had a bad fall not long ago. I'm sure our bbs are alright n ofcos its not ur fault. Think of it as predestined lah 1 of the things we can only try but cannot really help.

To be very frank, I personally feel bed rails will only help alittle. Becos they are at the age of climbing n they still can't understand instructions. If bb wakes n try to stand using the bedrail, it will most definately be a headdown fall. U get what I mean??

That was 1 of the reasons I felt it was good if we had a bb monitor those with video so I can see if bb is still sleeping.
But then cos I already had D who 1 day told me "Ma ma ta qi lai le"....kekeke

Wat wat?? Wat test did u do youpi??
I'm so curious now can see online anot?? hehehe

Oh yes n again nice hairdo....really brave of u....haha

Quick one, cos ah lao chasing me to the zoo.... :p

Can we just refresh the who's coming, who's not coming for the heh mee?

PROJECT HEH MEE (RESCHEDULED)

Date : 2nd April (Thursday)
Time : 12.15pm
Venue : Zion Road Food Centre (across Great World City)

(1) Batgirl
(2) PB
(3) Qing
(4) Smiggleprincess
(5) Michelle
(6) JSP
(7) Rena
(8) Pettygal
(9) Bluey
(10) Cellow

Woah dor dor! i see you picture on the newspaper I also feel very tired out! steady lar you!
happy.gif

batgirl

that's Youpi, not dor dor on the TODAY
happy.gif

dordor

ahah u meant Oct 06 thread right ??

but ok lah, these info is also useful to mother > 1 kid here. My rachel is completely off diapers now and thanks to my mum who will wake her up diligently every nite or sometimes she is awaken by Rachel's stirring also. Save me $$ on buy pull-ups as well !

dustee, dun worry, pomfret shd be alright. My gal fell twice from the bed already. Both caused by my mum.. First time scared &amp; guilty.. remorseful. The next time, juz casually tell me, then keep asking my girl, mei mei, you mei you na li tong tong.. haiz..

why hubby dun want to put mattress on the floor? If he dun mind a bed rail, guess it's gd to get one coz we can't be with them 24hrs mah.. Ok, dun feel bad already, old folks are like that lah.. Cheers!!

lbt, he doesn't want to pee before he goes to bed!! Kept saying no urine.. Haiz... And i'm often home late coz gotta fetch my girl home after work. Really can't do much. I can be fierce to him, juz dun know why i fail in this area..

oh cellow, urs came back huh.. I also thot bf will delay menses from coming, but seems not true.. But mine hasn't came back. For my #2 that time, menses only came back many mths after i stopped pumping. Not that i'm complaining
happy.gif

I dun hv a copy of TODAY leh.. what's it about huh??

dor, no point waking my boy up for pees.. he's in a daze &amp; i carried him to the toilet. Then sometimes haven aim properly then shoot liao. Then i carried him back. If walk there also can't walk straight kind. So it didn't work.

woa ur hubby is so busy.. own business??

Thks bbp for the link!!

eh, but when my boys move at nite, how will i know if they need to pee??? Ask them? Usually i'll juz let them sleep back on their own
happy.gif
Scared they dun want to sleep later.

Hannahl
Yap doing family business. But I wish he was working outside instead. At least can take leave n earn more.
I bring the potty to my son if he needs to pee in the middle of the night. So I jus make him stand n pee can liao.

When my boy stir I jus keep asking him want to pee anot want to pee must tell mama okie cos not wearing diaper hor. Maybe I'm hopping it will be drilled into his head when he's half awake but it works....hehe

See the link that bbp posted.

Lbt
Yap that thread. Yah ur mum goot lat aah. If me rather wear pulls ups until he ready by himself.....hehehe

batgirl
Yah that's youpi not me......hehe

nice one youpi! and i realised the other girl is my friend! hehe. i like your comment on 'the mother's back has a permanent ache'.

speaking of which, girls, SOS! my ergo is STILL giving me shoulder aches!

wow no diapers at night... that's gonna be a long way more!

dustee
sayang pomfret. don't beat yourself up about it; it was not your fault. and like the others have said, don't bother about your in-laws comments. they so smart, they look after la!

we always blame ourselves with 'if only's. but perhaps bedrails could be a safe idea

aftn all..

bbp - i only just saw ur BP.. did u leave a sophie for me ah??

dustee - sayangs and hugz.. not ur fault..

bedrails - i think they may be more dangerous then safE! coz caitlyn wld use it as a support to stand and next thing u noe, she was like gonna topple over.. so no go for bedrails until they're old enuff to noe they CAN'T use it as a support? hee

<font color="0000ff"> crystal</font>,
Finally you're here... I PM-ed you, asking if you wanted to order the Sophie. No worries, still got stock. Come come, come order.

<font color="0000ff"> Paging for SY, paging for SY, I also reserved one for you already. Come come.</font>

bedrails - true true, I think they may actually be more dangerous.

hi mummies..

gonna rain big time here in the north..feeding the wriggly worm his afternoon milk n gotto take 5 one-min breaks!

bought those teething-melt-in-bb's-mouth treats from pigeon for bbG and gave him one to self-feed.. initially didn't know it was food, so waved it about and threw it here and there.. then it felt funny and dry in his mouth so he made a funny face..haha.. think he'll get the hang of it after a few more tries..

diaper-weaning: wah.. next challenge we will all face in a year or two? my 22mo niece got training pants.. dun quite understand how that works..

alamak! pomfret turned humpty dumpty too? think at this stage..sure to have many casualties.. dun worry about the comments.. they'll soon pass..i guess we juz have to make sure we dun leave bb on higher ground unattended lor..is dat why I've been carrying bbG around so much this last week?

LOL!!! I blur lar... paiseh! mix up dor dor and youpi!! :p

Crystal,

The HT are coming soon? I going to collect Sophie from bbp's house, if you want I can help you collect and pass it to you.
happy.gif

bbp - reported at ur BP liao.. hee.. e PM is actually my hb's email so i hardlty check it unless i'm expecting stuff..
happy.gif

batgirl - i also dunno leh.. HT hasn't contacted me yet.. maybe their stocks not in yet.. i'll be calling them tmr..

Finally got internet access today... a lot of posts to catch up.

Baby falling: Dora fell off the bed too
sad.gif
She was sleeping beside HB when I went to the kitchen for a drink. Then 5 mins later, heard her loud cries. HB said she most likely stood up &amp; got past the pillows' wall, lost her balance &amp; fell. Still monitoring her closely...
Sayang Sayang all babies that fell recently.

bbG
Agree with you totally that our babies are at this casualty prone stage. Been carrying Dora a lot &amp; having sore arms liao. Don't dare to leave her unattended even on lower grounds - playmat.

Crystal
Not sure if you got my order for the HT teethers, let me know okie.

Pb,
Can share bb Poppy's lovely easter shots?

Crystal,
Haha, yes, I saw that you have reported at my BP. Anyway, yah, since I got stuff with you, I will deliver the package to you la, then we can exchange loot.
happy.gif

mapleleaf - i like din receive ur orders leh.. if i did i wld've emailed u back.. wat do u want?? since they haven't delivered, i can still add orders..

bbp - keke! thanks.. either i go ur place or u come mine.. we see how things go lor.. thanks! so i gotta tt u e money already is it? hee.. i will do so tmr

Hi mommies..here i m back again..my 'lao er' bb's name: Jayden..born on 31/july/08.....

*sigh*..heh... he's not rather not keen in any solid food yet n mostly on FM milk..Now 8mths old..tat i have try feeding ceral or baby nestle instant porridge plus oso up to his mood to Open his golden mouth to eat.. He's rather a fussy eater.. i feel like to give up feeding him liao..... maybe is oso is due his nature as tat since birth he got feeding problem...

As my 'liao da' 2yr plus boy has got no problem on eating any solid food since 5mth plus i tried any food he's ok n fast eater till now eats mostly food tat watever i feed him..he oni hate soft food like porrigde from abt 13mths..

gotta take myself out as colleague fm malaysia is down for mtg that day, and most prob gotta enertain him for lunch too

PROJECT HEH MEE (RESCHEDULED)

(1) Batgirl
(2) PB
(3) Qing
(4) Smiggleprincess
(5) Michelle
(6) JSP
(7) Rena
(8) Pettygal
(9) Bluey

bbp
yes i finally managed to log on! my boy was sick since fri...sigh..think me also falling sick. he was down with diarrhea and super bad! he went to toilet more than 10 times on fri....

yes pls leave on sophie for me. hb said he will pay haha

dustee
do observe for the first 72 hours. most critical. dun feel too bad. think almost all the bb here fell before. i m quite rough with jx (very unlike with #1) and she's pretty hardy. dun really cry much when hit her head or fall. instead she will laugh. so when she cries it must be when it's really painful.

crystal
yeah i need to check with my fren how she can get the cereal from u. are you able to meet her at MRT?

mummies
do your bb drink less milk and eat less when teething? jx really eating less and i keep getting blocked ducts cos she's not drinking. and she;s so super whiny!!!! cannot put her down.

(1) Batgirl
(2) PB
(3) Qing
(4) Smiggleprincess
(5) Michelle
(6) JSP
(7) Rena
(8) Pettygal
(9) Bluey
(10) dustee-loveeees-heh-meeeeee

poohluvelmo
eh my pomfret is 4 weeks older than jayden (coz came a bit early) so she's 9mths old now, STILL rejecting solids. i'm still at the stage of trying to feed just 1 teaspoon of frisocream rice cereal, with most of it on the bib/floor/face/high chair. quite frustrated.

pomfret falling
thanks mummies! anyway, i think my in-laws saw me crying, so they stopped commenting after a while.

SY,
Oh no, you are falling sick too? Declan &amp; I kena liao... he's alright except for that irritating mucusy thing at the back of his nose. Anybody knows any home remedy to get rid of it? Don't tell me the only way is to nebulise? Then I rather Declan wait it out naturally.
Oh, yup, will chope 1 Sophie for you. Haha, how did you manage to convince hubby to pay for it? Anyway, I can pass it to you at Kayden's party...ok? Unless you need it in a super hurry, then will post it to you.

dustee,
Yay, no more insenstive comments!
Pomfret eating - have you tried fruits? Nice sweet fruits like nectarines? It's one of Declan's faves... but of cos you have to test beforehand to make sure it's sweet la.

SY
Now that u mention it.....yah I think teething they will drink less too. Cos I keep feeling hard bumps in my boobs even after she has latched. N she's teething no doubt. Like ur JX very whiny n dun even allow me to sit for more then 10sec.....arghhhhhh
Jus now she keeps waking till I got fedup n rubbed teething gel on her gums. Now more peaceful liao but I hear abit if a cough today....hopefully it'll go away tml.

now i'm having problems feeding celeste..

All these while, she's been rejecting all cereals, esp HT ones.. Only wants frisocream. But i tried last 2 days, also dun like liao. Last weekend alone, i let her try all the available cereals that is in the house, including jar ones. Wah took so long to swallow. And zip her mouth real tight after abt 3 spoonfuls.. Headache.. She's ok with milk though. Is this a sign of teething or is she gonna be a fussy eater? Or is it she only want porridge now? No porridge for her coz my maid was new, haven have time to teach her how to make, plus i was lazy with 3 kiddos to attend to lah.

Talk abt HT cereals, i have 1 oats one remaining. Anyone keen to take over?

bbp, i sua ku, what's nectarines?

Celeste also keeps waking up. Teething gel gd? But she's still bogay leh. Juz apply? Ot wait till it comes out??

morning, mummies

it's monday.. my SAHM stint has ended and I'm back to join the rat race.. can see I'll drown by noon..and already missing my little baby
sad.gif

pooh luv elmo: hi.. some bb's take time to get used to having solids..make it more runny first til he gets used to it?

didn't know pomfret doesn't like solids too..actually pumpkin is sweet too.. good that your IL's have dropped the comments..

bbG loves his porridge..and will eat 2 chinese soup bowlfuls of it.. maybe they have moods? last evening we went out for dinner and he was grumpy and didn't want his pumpkin puree.. then we brought him to the splash park and he started opening up his mouth for me to feed haha.. dat little monster

bbp: mucus at back of nose? can see? use the tube to suck it out? if it's not a lot, let it clear itself?

okie dokie gotto start clearing my overflowing intray now.. have a great week ahead mummies!

morning all..

bbp - i forgot to bring out IB token.. will pay u later tonite or tmr k?? paiseh!!

SY - sld be okies.. but depends on timing..
happy.gif
u got my HP no rite? maybe arrange thru sms coz i soemtiems can't log in

Back