(2008/07) July 2008

re egg
u can give egg yolk before 1 year old. egg white no

re frog leg porridge
cook the frog leg then use the water to cook porridge

re pasta
i m planning to give. just need to make sure no salt

pb,
you are not crazy for being possessive. but need to let go a bit to HB la. poppy is also 50% his, he wont harm her or let any harm come to her. tis just your 1st instinct rite... did u say anything to him at that moment?

smiggle,
1st bday parties are for mummies more than bbs. relax jack la. kayden wont notice if there are more or less deco and wat the bday cake tastes like, but he will pick up your relaxed vibes if you chill.
the WTS and BP section usually lists some good buy for bday decos.

sy,
jx is so smart! can understand when u say no

tax filing
jacelyn,
nothing prevents u fm claiming on your dad or even your parents in law (if no one else is claiming grandparent caregiver relief on them la). even though technically, my parents are not doing much to tk care of Cedric, i m still claiming on my mum. my ILs are not resident in SG, so bo pian, cannot claim any tax relief on them.

ok, here goes my little bit of tax knowledge
happy.gif
refer to iras website http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page.aspx?id=110 for more details

1) claim qualifying child relief - $4k per child. This one can be split between u and HB, and the % split is up to the taxpayer to determine.

2) working mother's child relief - 15% of earned income for 1st child; 25% for 2nd child ... etc etc. HB is not eligible for this. Only EARNED income is eligible. So i guess only applies to FTWMs... or FTWMs turned SAHMs
happy.gif

3) grandparent caregiver relief of $3k. claim on one parent or parent in law resident in Singapore... HB cannot claim. only married female taxpayers can claim... our govt quite bias agst single mums hor.

4) foreign maid levy relief, if got domestic helper at home.

... and 5) parenthood tax rebate. can be split between u and HB... http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1528

qing,
be firm and be polite. tell them cannot, will harm barbie's kidneys in the long run, and that the PD says so. [never quote forum mummies, always quote doctors
happy.gif
]
run away w barbie in your arms if need be...

oh my uncle-like 50 yo male boss told me, for good effect, u can say 'what did u just feed MY baby' through clenched teeth and in a menacing growl. LOL.
oh i havent done it before, but it sure ranks up there as one of things that i wish i had the finesse and grace to pull off w/o offending!

Finally have a chance to read the many posts today...BB Dora is better now, no vomitting & starting to eat more. However, she tends to get feverish at night - not sure why & we're still monitoring her closely. Thanks mummies for asking about Dora
happy.gif

Toothless club
Dora is a member too!

Porridge
Reading all the posts about ingredients to use really inspire me to cook something different for Dora. Guess she will be tired of having fish + spinach porridge soon. Btw, how nice if supermarkets or shops sell ready to use powdered ikan bilis for use....maybe I can dream on hor :p

Rena
Still not sure if I can come by your place this Thurs, really depends on Dora's condition. The strawberry cheese cakes looks so yummy. Maybe it's lunch time now & I'm getting hungry.

Swimming
Would love to bring Dora for a swim once she's better. But need to buy her a float & swimsuit first. Any idea where to buy them? Below $50 for both items possible? Not very willingly to spend that much cos only use a few times.

eh where's ethan's kinder pic?

LOL on jaycelyn's comment of bbxun looking like a fellow bruder to bbG instead.. is she dat boyish? show us a pic? wah it's good u can claim bb doctor fees from company...hope she's better today..

PB: does poppy enjoy her baths? maybe go when the hot afternoon sun has warmed up all that cold water in the pooL? but these days keep raining huh..so how.. SWIM gathering who's still keen n which days u all prefer? maybe I start a list n gather feedback lah:

SWIM gathering @ woodlands - last week of mar 09
1. do1nk & bbG! - anyday!

SWIM gathering @ pasir ris - (any date SY?)
1. SY & JX

gave bbG porridge for the first time this weekend and he loved it! opened mouth so big n could even finish 2 very full chinese soup bowlfuls of it!

PB: you are not the onli possessive control momma here.. *blush* my hubby thinks I'm the scariest mother hen around who even snaps at her own spouse at the slightest thing that's not done her way...

cellow: r u in the tax line? tax is something I've always dreaded.. anyway thanks MUAKZ for pointing out the reliefs we can claim
happy.gif

PB,
ikan bilis actually no need to do so many things lei. I asked my mum before. i think can buy those small kinds, then just wash, sun it and toast it. then grind it. after grinding, sieve it. then can liao lor. that's what she did for Megan. and she ok lei.
think it's ok to give the purees lah. give potatoe or sweet potatoe lor.

Smiggle,
can give egg yolk but not white.

that day my mum gave her papaya milk. kaoz, after that she don't want to drink plain water. hahaha....

possessive control mama,
i think i'm one too. i also will snap at my hb if not done my way when it comes to Megan. But my hb always retrot, want me to help, then do my way. don't come tell me what to do. kaoz...he seldom touch her or help cleaning her up and i can't even give instructions lor.

do1nk,
i m not in the tax line, but on principle, i detest pple taking my money
happy.gif
so i make sure i claim all e tax reliefs/rebates that i m entitled to. ... that's why we maintain a spreadsheet on bb necessities too, heh.
scary mother hen, u? no way.

michelle,
lol on ethan skoolhouse!

mapleaf,
dora get well soon!

Cellow,
So lazy to file tax. When's the last day?
Can get your hb to share his spreadsheet with us not? Haha.

SY,
Good girl leh. I tried a few times on Declan already. He totally ignore me, go do whatever I say no to, then smile at me. In the end, I give up, remove him from the object, and we all leave the room.

cin_bunny,
Which GAIA stuff are you using? How do you find them? I'm interested in the lotions cos I think Declan's having a bit of an ezcema problem around his ankles especially.

do1nk,
At least bbG will KO in the stroller. Declan will just fuss until we pick him up and pat him to sleep.
Agree with Cellow that bbG looks so different in this swimming pic! So handsome! And looks like he's posing for some swim photoshoot!

smiggle,
What sling did you get?

garfield,
Yup, Declan can stand holding the sides for very long too.

doggiebb,
FZT's roar sounds really cute!

Michelle,
Are you using white rice or brown rice for Ethan's porridge? Cos I still need to blend the brown rice, or else not soft one.

Jacelyn,
Must check on expiry when you stock up leh. Luckily my hubby never complain when I buy baby stuff. In fact, he always read the forum, and if I mention that I am thinking of buying something, he will turn to me and say "buy lor". But I'm the giam siap one la.

PB,
Gasp! Poppy is Hiro Nakamura! Can teleport! :p
Nope, hubby always ask me before he introduces anything.... but hor, most of the time is funny nonsense like Soyabean milk, chin chow etc. So of cos no la. Poppy likes celery??

batgirl,
I remember you said Wu Feng didn't like your porridge right? Declan also. We tried to give him fish porridge yesterday, and he eat until he wanna throw up.

Mummies,
Any idea why Declan reacts to the fish porridge this way? It's just rice and fish only. Do you think it's due to the strong fish smell? Think will add stuff like sweet potato or carrots today and try again!

19th Thursday March
Venue: bishan st13 (Rena's) house
Time : 1pm
Lunch Menu: Japanese curry

1) Rena + ezekiel - YEs
2) bbp & Declan- Yes
3) Dor + Ember + Damien (need to confirm next wk)
4) tess_mummy + tess
5) dusty + pomfret
6) mapleaf + Dora

No worries no need to bring anything..

Ergo:

i very pai seh to ask the mummy if it is imitation.. hahha.. she mention it is her friend's.

Crawling
Dun worry about crawling coz big bb may skip or even be late..
my elder started crawling only when he can cruise.. at 10 or 11 months..

tess_mummy, my gal only crawling backwards. Shd learn from Declan, very pro liao. Bbp, agree?
happy.gif

So far only bought things for my kids. Hardly get anything for myself leh
happy.gif

do1nk.. wow, he's a big, handsome fellow now!!!U place him so near the edge, not scared later he fall into the water?
happy.gif

#2 is ok liao, thanks
happy.gif

cellow, when that happened, celeste juz looked on lah, not startled at all
happy.gif

smiggle, what sling did u get? Why unhappy leh? Still can keep to use for #2 later mah.

doggiebb, i like ur FZ's swimming suit!!!

star, can't remember the brand now lah. It was on promo yesterday, half price at $69.90 and free 1 soya milk maker some more. It can blend wet & dry food as well.

My girl only know how to sit on her own recently lah
happy.gif
Each bb is different. She still has no tooth
happy.gif

Michelle, wow ur hubby really good man!! Mine ah, wait long long..

Wow Qing, barbie really enjoying her trolley ride
happy.gif
I agree that the FP jumperoo quite ex at the taka fair.

I've not been in touch with movies for so long.. the slumdog show is in the movies?

Michelle, Ethan is so guai.. envy, envy.. Mine ah, always busy at meal times. Can't sit still kind.

Jacelyn, ya, for grandparents relief, only can claim by 1 person. By law lah
happy.gif
So far only my sis has been claiming away all these relief. I didn't quarrel with her on this coz i sure lose to her one
happy.gif

smiggle, i think only can't give egg white. Egg york is ok. Some said give after 9 mths, but i gave at abt 8 mths.

pb, i'm like u. But my hubby dun usually give things to celeste to chew on lah.

bbp
initiaally jx din like her porridge but since i added peas n corn she has been taking it well. finished all the time. now even if i dun add also ok

qing
dun cook with salt for bb. better for them.

Anyone know is it compulsory by law to give child care leave for parents with kids under certain age? Can share the link with me.

My company don't have. I would like to show it to HR.

Do1nk, hai yah no one has ever called bb xun a girl girl at first sight. Errm ok only once coz she was wearing a PINK hat. Else coz she is botak and does not have girly features (unlike pretty poppy) so usually its 'ah yo ah boi ah? How old liaoz?' lo ... let me try to put up some pics tomorrow ... her passport pic :p yah finally got down to doing her passport last night, using a pic with kou shui on her top.

Cellow wow u are the expert around! I was just trying to read through the stuff in the morning. Hai yah my MIL is taking care of my SIL bb so confirm they claim. Then my dad working so cannot use his name. Hmmm tonight must go home fight with my sis for me to claim coz she can claim more working mother child relief as she got 2 kids.

Possessive mums - let me think ah .. i think i not leh ... hee hee i a bit bo chup. Let me observe myself more coz maybe i am just that i dun notice it!!!

Qing, my mum also like to give bb xun lots of stuff. That time she was only 7 months my mum gave meat liaoz wor. But well she is thinking of bb xun's good also la ... so i never dispute anything. Since no allergy or what then i just diam diam lo. Hmm sometimes i think i more shui bian to my own mother. If MIL do that, think i will jump up the roof ah.

BBp, yuppie the first thing i see is the expiry date. But anyway think the milk powder will finish up super fast. Think she can finish up 1 900g can in 1.5 to 2 weeks lo. Big eater.

jacelyn
same here, i also diam diam then nag and nag at hubby
but hor, if it is my parent who give i normally just say cant don give.
but wont angry. other people i will show black face liao.
and so long no allergy reaction can liao.
if not they sure kanna from me.

thanks, mummies for the compliments of bbG's swim pic.. my wallpaper now which I keep looking at.. think he looks diff coz hair wet? haha my hubby was in the water right beside him.. and even then, when I took pic.. I kept telling him to make sure he standby should bbG show signs of toppling over!! wah.. u all think he can be swimsuit model (male version lah) like poppy... swim illustrated? hehehe

jacelyn: talk about passport..super procrastinato me still haven't gotten round to this..

bb porridge: hmm why didn't I think of brown rice.. sis said if smells too fishy can add a slice of ginger while cooking the porridge...

bbp,

could be the fish smell too strong. try adding in some veg like brocolli or spinach. shld be ok.

my gal also cannot sit still when she it. she will move her body round and round the high chair. then her head will turn here and there. very kaypoh. turn head, left, right, back, etc. so have to keep on moving the spoon everywhere.
but usually she will sit through in her chair for the meal.

do1nk,

can can..think his smile very attractive lei. somehow he look very attractive. like will want you to take a look again that kind. hehehe

thanks qing, that link really helps!

aiyoh how come your relatives all try to feed barbie all kinds of things one!!

cellow
i think i said something like 'hey you give celery ah? what if it's one of those cannot-give things?'. but i stopped myself in time to not say 'why never check with me first!'. cos i also realised that poppy is his daughter too la. but then hor, i think mummies are more careful when it comes to food

wow thanks for the tax relief help! i am HOPELESS at filing my taxes

do1nk
she LOVES her baths! that's what's making me confused. i think it's cold water in pool la. btw yesterday hubby saw me on forum then he said 'how to pronounce do1nk... is it DO-ONE-NK?' lol

at your swim party you can take pics of all the babies in swimwear! so cool!!!

rayna
best, i like the way you say, 'no need to do so many things'.... and then list out alot of things to do! lol

bbp
i think she used celery as teether only. suck suck a bit, but i think she chomped on it too. no funny face leh.

fish porridge - maybe you steam the fish separately then add it to porridge when porridge is cooked? when i gave poppy fish on its own she also made a face. but when i cooked with porridge, she was ok. like rayna say, add in something else other than fish. mine always with carrots and spinach

star
i think my company used to give 2 days for childcare. but some companies are quite one kind. must show child's MC then can claim for childcare leave.

PB,

cos no need to take the stomach and bones out one by one mah. take out one by one, don't know will take me how many years. hehehe

My hb have a friend who gives her children carrots and celery uncooked cut into 1 cm think tubes as teethers. i tried it for Megan. but she don't like it. think it's too hard. after a while, she throws it on the floor.

Same. Megan LOVES her baths. but don't like the pool. maybe it's the cold wter. hb and i got a thought. maybe we can fill her bath tube with tap water and let her try out.maybe soon she will get use to the coldness? heeehee

PB, rayna
where to buy swimwear? jx very naughty when bathing. will try to stand up in tub

qing
i know your difficulty. but salt is a big no no.
must really nag your hb to tell his relatives

SY,

i got mine from Old Navy US$10 each. i think PB got hers from Kiddy Palace.

BECO carrier OR ERGO carrier
Ladies, any one noe which is better? BECO got nicer designs compared to ERGO. but not sure which is better. they look the same as me.

jacelyn
then FIL leh? is he working? if he is not carrying on any trade, profession etc, can claim on him. or if you or HB still have grandparents, use their names for the grandparent caregiver relief!

rayna,
i chose ergo simply bcz dun hafta wrap and wrap like the beco. just put on the straps and go... think i will entangle myself in the beco, like a bak chang wrapping gone wrong.

childcare at work
girls, any of you work in coys w linkups to childcare centres? can PM me if yes. i m working on a corporate project to enhance our childcare benefits.

rayna
barbie also love bathing time
sometime when take her out of the tub she cries.

SY
i got barbie's swimsuit from a BP here.

haemin playyard panel
i brought out the haemin playyard activity panel for Cedric to play with. wah, this boy ah, open his arms out wide like flying.... ATTACK the panel! i rem some other babe was doing the same rite?

keke rayna.. thanks.. i thought it was juz the mummy thing.. infatuated wiv our own babies!

PB: try a very warm sunny day in the late afternoon after all that sun has warmed up the water for hours n see.. coz G loves to splash around in his tub too .. he's a bit more quiet (scared?) at the pool, but still enjoys I can see..

forum nicks: haha I have no idea why I picked this name or what it means.. my dog's called dink (short for dinky..yet another weird name given by hubby) so I juz went dink doink (ping pong?) hahahaha! maybe I should change it huh.. never understood what the brackets are for though..u notice our nick got 2 parts to it..

trying to picture cellow getting all entangled in a beco *giggle*

bbG's swimwear was from disney...nong nong ago..when I was first preggie! kekeke

rayna,

i think the bb carrier will also depen on how big your bb is.. like for me only ergo will be good coz the rest have a max weight of 14 or 15kg.. now my sumo is 12kg.. and ergo can take up to 25..

PB,
will you be coming over with Poppy to my place..

cellow,

the BECO carrier also 2 clips onli lei. 1 at the waist and 1 and the shoulders.
that's y till now i can't see what's the difference between the 2.

Rena, ergo can take up to 25kg? Wow hmmmm hmmmm sounds good ah. But seriously if your bb is 25kg will u still put him into the ergo and carry him?! Can still walk? I am pretty sure I dun have such strength la.

Cellow, good idea leh. Let me go dig out my family tree and start asking around. The problem will be grandparents are shared by so many aunties and uncles. Think someone along the line must have used it liaoz. FIL still working so out.

Rayna,
If you use those carrots/celery stuff as teethers, be careful.. cos I read online that they can become choking hazard.

SY,
Same! Declan also try to stand up in the tub. So bathtime is like wrestling time. I gave up the tub some time ago. Now I put a rubber changing mat on the bathroom floor, and then shower him on the changing mat.

do1nk,
It's a pity I don't have a pool nearby and that it's raining so often nowadays. Cos Declan loves to swim after the initial cold water unhappiness. See how much he loves it..
2255547.jpg

rena
nope not going over
sad.gif

cellow
it's poppy who used to attack the wall. now she's like 'yeah yeah whatever'

bbp
declan looks so happy! wearing swim trucks or not ah? it looks like either blue trunks or no trunks :S

Hannahl
Think its cos of the crowd so got more virus plus the eating hand thingy. My #1 also vomiting since last night. Somemore keep waking every hr!!! Worse then nursing baby to sleep.

Qing
Jus sat my sis take her sweet from her mouth n push to Ember say let her lick. Wah Kaoz!!! I told her "NO!!!! Take it away!!"
Heng I was carrying Ember lor else sure jialat.

Rena
Can't go over ur place for gathering liao. My son's sick dun wanna spread germs.

dordor,
wah, y ur sis like that one. i allow no one but me and HB to feed Cedric things that hv gone into the mouth. and even then, HB just bites the payaya into a shape that he can try to hold by himself. i always pull long faces whenever he does it, so both sides of the family know v well that i dun like all the feeding fm the mouth nonsense. think we are birds or wat. regurgitate and feed to our young ah.

dordor
agree with cellow, why you sis like that one.
from the mouth very unhygenic one.
luckily you are there to stop.

cellow
LOL to your description on the bird.

ergo can take 25kg?? ... then I am very interested to buy.
hope to get 1 before our trip on cruise in may and prob genting in jun.

any1 can help to confirm, then I must chop chop go and buy. My boi is quite BIG!

PB,
Sharp eyes... it's NO trunks. But the photo is well-taken in the sense that you can't really see right? Hahahahaha!

Qing,
Technically not my house, my in-laws house. I staying with in-laws. You saw the video.. then confirm cannot hide one... haha, yah, never wear anything except the float. At home mah... no need to wear la. That's why we were joking if he poop in the pool, will resemble nuclear testing liao.

Bluey
Ergo can officially take up to 40 pounds (18kg). But according to the Ergo creators, it has been tested up to 90 pounds!

Dor Dor
I can go over to your place to collect the books. Just let me know when you are home. Thank you for helping me to get them!
happy.gif

Waking babies
L has been waking even more at night, so I am quite exhausted. First, it was because he was teething. He now has four pearlies
happy.gif
Then he caught a bug and has been sniffling and snuffling for the past two days and nights. He'll wake and cry 'cos he can't breathe properly
sad.gif

Doggiebb
From the photo at Michelle's house, your FZT really looks BIG!

i'm going to sign up for bollywood dance class at YMCA. 8 april (wed) 730-830pm, 6 sessions for $120. seriously. anyone want to join me? :p

Youpi, yes yes, FZT is really a FZ!! ethan looks really small... thus the roaring followed by crying.. FZT roars with his arms held high.. Ethan scared.. hee hee... anyway, the swim was nice... i am looking forward to another swim gathering!

Bathing vs swimming..
ethan kicks like nobody biz during bath time, but when in the pool.. whines and whines but after a while.. he ok liao.. maybe need time for their body to adjust to the cold water temperature.. need to keep them in water even tho it is cold initially.. body will adjust one...

PB, can add sooooo many things in the porridge... pumpkin, all sorts of vege... i also add potato and carrot and pork and it tastes like our chinese minestrone soup!
happy.gif

bbp, oh, brown rice still need grinding.. only white rice, just boil till soft... no need to grind oredi...

SY, JX so obedient.. listen to you wor... Ethan dun care one lah.. everything wanna do his way, take things away from him, he cry until it is back in his hands.. sigh.. is it time to discipline oredi? cos normally we just give it back to him or distract him with something else... but that really sounds like a spoilt behaviour huh?

bbp, quite obvious Declan is naked leh! i cud tell immediately wor! orrrrrr.... hee hee...

hi mummies,

Was online today to celebrate b'day..nowaday..need to take leave when want to go pat toh or any special events..with two kids ard..that is the way...

Oh yeah..that photo was taken in the studio..but that was the gimmick lol..cos most is from the promotion from one of the credit card...saying is the complementary photo taking for family..but the service damn lousy lol...of cos still given a few soft copies but the actually quality photo not that much..the photographer seemns like anyhow take onli lol...end up still got to spend much money for extra softcopies which is not cheap...

Today went for another complentary makeover..much much better from the previous one...is for me and hb onli...haha....

Back