(2008/06) June 2008

its ok then, will give it a miss. will hv to trouble u to keep e items for me cause i m not bac in sin yet. shd b gg bac vry soon.. tks...
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Morning ladies!

Leng Leng/ feifei,
the wonder cooker u gals talking about issit those hv one inner pot which u cook over the stove , then put inside the outer pot and let it 'cook' itself or keep warm?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Leng Leng,

Thanks. I still tot to go and see on this weekend, but when scroll to front, realised it only for 1-3 sept. I have rec' the mailer by din flip thru yet. Not sure if i'm able to go within this 2 days or not.</font>

Hi yummy_pie,thanks for the feedback, i don't know it's only once a week, i think in this case they are only teaching us/bb the theory and we need to do the practice at home to reach max benefit
happy.gif

Hi lengleng
See you this afternoon
happy.gif

Hi good afternoon ladies, long x never comes in.

Christmas Party:
Feifei: Thanks for organising the party. I need to check with hubby and get back, Great effort anyway
happy.gif

Childcare Centre:
anyone has any feedback of Learning Vision. I am still considering whether to put kyler in next yr or send him for pre-school since my parents are still willing to care for him. Anyone has any good pre-school to recommend? I have in mind St James Church kindergarten and Maris Stella Kindergarten.

Childcare Leave:
Anyone knows if we can travel overseas while on childcare leave? we are going away, wondering if i can take childcare leave instead of annual leave.

Bonjovi,

Hihi...long time no "see". Reanne is going to St James...booked her a place since she was 3 months old. hehehehe...super super k.s hor.
I am not intending to put her in any CC as my dad ask me not to "torture" her, just wait till she is 3 then put her in St James.

Morning ladies...

All,
Any kids rejecting fruits now? Duno y recently, charlotte has been rejecting all her favourite fruits like pear, peach,blueberries,strawberries,papaya..hiaz..she onli takes fruit jars now lor..hiaz..

Bonjovi,
hihi, no prob, hope to see ur there ya..hee

Janiviy,
wow, steady u...ask u hor, where is this St James Kindergarden?

Angel,
hows ur ger's rashes? Charlotte's rashes subsides most le, still left abit, but yest she develop fever of 37.8. Yest was e 8th day after her MMR...hope she dun hv faked measles...

All,
Is faked measle contigious?

Morning ladies.
happy.gif

Jan,
haha, u are not KS lah. i think its more like no choice cos st james is super popular. my fren registered for her daughter for st james upon discharge from hosp, hee! :p

bonjovi,
hello, long time no see!
happy.gif

i think if u keen on st james, got to book now. my fren who booked a few months back is on their waiting list.

ellysia,
regarding your earlier qn, yes, need to make apptm before visiting cc.

chris,
oh i see.
happy.gif
so chloe will be starting school next jan, hehe. i'm intending to let lucas start in dec for half-day. will see how it goes.

feifei,
i think i more or less decided on cherie hearts (wareham) liao.
happy.gif
visited the place yest, found it nice and clean. had a good chat with the person-in-charge, liked their curriculum as well. it's one bus-stop away from my place so i think its still quite convenient.

lucas also rejected fruits for a while. its a phase. now he's back to taking it. so dun worry.
happy.gif

Lengleng,
Thanks for info. Taking quite long leave so bo bian must use childcare leave liao.

Feifei,
Kyler still like his fruit but i do noticed that he prefers crunchy stuff rather than soft food now.

Jan/ Tera,
alamak, then i think no chance liao. still considering cos it going to shift to Leedon which would be further from my place.

My colleague recommended Chilton House/ Pats School house but think they are out of my budget.

May settle for YWCA then.

Tera,
tks for the assurance =D..Now I worried charlotte will hv faked measles after the mmr jab..hiaz..

Wow, how much is the fees of Cherie HeartS? the branch in SK is $450 after subsidy for half day. Actually I got a feeling end up I will enrol charlotte there too..keke... So u paid the deposit?alot hor?

Where is St james Church?

Bonjovi,
tks ya..tink now they teething lor..dats y..

feifei,
st james is at dempsey - harding road to be exact.
as for the cherie hearts fees, its $800 (after subsidy) for full day. there's a promo going on now cos they are new but must book before end of this month.
happy.gif
i haven't pay deposit yet. :p intending to visit some more cc, keke.

Tera,
I see...$800 after subsidy?? wow, this branch also ex hor, SK is $540 full day after subsidy but the diff is big wor..hmm..hv discount? The CH branch you were talking about is at Thomson area? Which are the ones u visiting? For me hor, so sad, SK seems to have lesser CC, apart from those montessori,then hv afew My 1st skool,and others le..I have read some negative comments in SMF lor so will only narrow my choice to afew..hiaz...not much choice lor..haiz..

feifei,
yeah, $800 is after subsidy. this CH branch is at mountbatten/dunman area. i think the reason for the high fees is cos of the additional enrichment that they are offering in their curriculum. they are the only CH branch to offer a programme called powerbrain and higher chinese.

but as it is quite new, i am not able to find much review on it. most reviews are on the premises which is very neat and tidy as compared to the other nearby CH (bournemouth road, katong area).

i will be checking out another cc tmr, called nurture cottage which is a subsidiary of pat's skoolhouse and cheaper. :p i got to know about it from this forum. it is also in the mountbatten area.

i think cos SK is a new town so maybe that's why not many ccs? are u willing to consider school bus? if so, then maybe can look further. also, if no urgency to send charlotte, then slowly look around.
happy.gif

Tera,
I see..tks for the infor...schbus? I dun really feel safe for her age now wor, cos she can't really sit still leh..hmm... this nurture cottage only has 1 branch?

shycloud,
not confirmed yet. but i think quite likely we will have to move to CBP. are u looking at cc around that area?

feifei,
true, school bus i guess more for older kids. this nuture cottage only has 1 branch. but u can check this out for the other centres.
http://www.patschoolhouse.com/ais.asp

i dunno if i had asked u before. u not in hurry to enrol charlotte right? ur MIL is still able to take care?

Bonjovi,
Can waitlist one. Think you ask Piyo..she more expert in this area. Hehehe

Ellysia,
Its not a CC. Its nursery. Age 3 onwards.

Feifei,
Leedon is a Holland V area.

Tera,
Whats CBP?sorry ah...i read until blur

Morning Mummies!

Very happy that this is the last week of school.. Can take a break from all the madness..

Feifei: My girl's rashes come n go leh.. So we brought to see doc last night cos we are worried.. then doc said its most likely allergy to something.. doc said could be food but we never give her any new food these few days leh.. then doc said could be virus or dust or anything..

then doc gave me syrup med which is an anti-allergy med to fight the allergy and reduce the inflammation.. n he oso gave me cream to apply the rashes on the body but not near the mouth area.

Morning ladies..

Finally its fri but my compnay having the 7th mth dinner tonite so will be home late..

Tera,
yup, my mil still can take care...Just that hb and I feel that we want to let charlotte get used to sch life from young lor, let her go play and learn..Actually we looking at playgroups but it doesn't seems like alot of places is offering playgroups now..

angel,
I see..charlotte's rashes no more but i found red spots on her body yest so it shd be faked measles as advise by PD when she took her MMR jab..hiaz...

feifei: i think charlotte's rashes could be due to the fake measles.. but my ger's rashes is not..

last week my ger got fake measles too n it lasted about 2-3 days.. i still bath her.. i think should bath cos she run ard n sweat so much..

jan,
i called. wait list very long. more than one hundred kids. so kena scolded by hubby cos i told him not to be so ks earlier.

feifei,
i am not sure which huggies im using. check and let you know.

To all: anyone can share what you do/ bring to keep toddler "entertained" on flights?

feifei,
can i check for huggies diapers, do u use it for overnight? which is good? huggies ultra or huggies dry comfort?

regarding cc, u and hubby have same mindset as me and hubby.
happy.gif
good luck in your search! ;)

jan,
hehe, CBP = changi business park

bonjovi,
where are u bringing kyler to this time?
happy.gif

i brought along some board books and his fav toys which was a rattle and some toy cars. but then L was much younger then... maybe can also ask for the kids pack onboard? then he can play with the stuff inside cos its something new and he'll prob be quite curious.

Tera,
My ger use dry comfort during day, ultra at night. I find that if night use dry comfort it will not be as dry as ultra. Ultra can absorbed better. 12hrs no problem.

Mummies, where do you purchase ur huggies diaper? I'm ordering thru BP. Cheaper few $... Can't find else where selling so cheap.

sharon: u r right.. fake measles is like red spots but not those moquito bite which is jus swollen..

hope u understand.. =P

Tera,
we are going NZ. worried of the long flight. Already had trouble keeping him occuppied durin last trip in April. will ask for Kids pack on board as suggested. Will also bring toys/ bk like u. we r backpacking. trying to minimise things to bring.

Feifei,
i am keen to play kyler in playground too. My colleague has suggested Julia Gabriels in Forum. She finds prog quite good.

angel,
tks for the infor...ya lor, today 2nd day of the measles le..

Tera,
I also not sure wor cos I dun use huggies leh..But my frenz were telling me, huggiesultra is good, I might get afew pack to try frm the bb fair..hee

Ya lor, cos dun wan her to stay at home, do nothing but playing plastic bags, bottle caps, opening drawers..hee

Sharon,
bingo..I tink bb fair also hv some offers wor..

bonjovi,
=)..JG is very good, abit ex but my fren'z boy enjoyed it...I am tinking of putting charlotte for their 18mth class too.. Oh yes, u want to join us for the xmas gathering?

sharon,
thanks for the info!
happy.gif
just what i was looking for. okie, i think i will also order from the BP to try. been using mamy poko pull-up so far but recently my boy got dairhoea and i realised cannot be using pull-ups for that so bought nepia cos got promo. then i recalled my coll was telling me huggies is good.

bonjovi,
wow, NZ! have fun!!
happy.gif

Hi,
Anybody bring their bb for enrichment class?
Was sourcing for something simple and cheap for her to try try. Like 1-2 lessons. Anybody know is there such school?

Hi Angel

Thanks ;)

hi Bonjovi,
for my long haul trip to London, beside toys and books, i also have a portable VCD player so that my little one gets to watch his favourite CDs. Tried that once when he was going 3 and another time just this Mar... wonderful

I also make sure that the flight coincide with their sleepong time (night flight or nap time).

Back