(2008/05) May 2008

HAPPYBELLIES Brown Rice Cereal Contains DHA and Probiotics, Organic, 7-Ounce Canisters
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000YSTGGW/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
1. BBRoYcE&LeBelle
2. Jane
3. Rainebow
4. Rainebow
5. Jer

HAPPYBELLIES Multigrain Cereal
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000YSQ9GC/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
1. BBRoYcE&LeBelle
2. Jane
3. Rainebow

HAPPYBELLIES Oatmeal Cereal
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000YSS7EO/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
1. BBRoYcE&LeBelle
2. Jane
3. Rainebow

HAPPYBELLIES Brown Rice Cereal Contains DHA and Probiotics, Organic, 7-Ounce Canisters
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000YSTGGW/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
1. BBRoYcE&LeBelle
2. Jane
3. Rainebow
4. Rainebow
5. Jer
6. Poky

HAPPYBELLIES Multigrain Cereal
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000YSQ9GC/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
1. BBRoYcE&LeBelle
2. Jane
3. Rainebow

HAPPYBELLIES Oatmeal Cereal
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000YSS7EO/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
1. BBRoYcE&LeBelle
2. Jane
3. Rainebow

Cheri,
I hv transfered the deposit on Tues. Til now stil hv not received their acknowledge of receipt. Hv called the studio for quite sometimes since noon. But was divert to their leave a message line instead... =( wil update when i manage to get hold of the studio...

Jorel_mum,
yup, the MP promo at NTUC cos i just bot yest =).

Ant,
Dun blame urself ya..Aldan will understand de..cos now bbs turn real fast lor, scary hor..

Winnedy,
frm NTUC wor..I bot them yest but hor, duno if today the promo still on wor..hmm...U changed bottles? Must we change every 6mths?

Chobits,
The mat is a good investment i feel..cos won't scare they fall off, they can roll, flip and play there, hv tummy time there too =D..

Jer ,

Sama sama , my boy can drink and suck his finger at the same time ahhaha multi-task :p

fei fei ,
thank you for your info ...2 days ago went to buy at NTUC out of stock ....wow liao no choice buy from CK 17plus for 48 pieces .

Chobits ,

Hopefully tonite also can ...:p

joerl_mum,
u try again tonite lor..cos good buy leh..

Ant,
Ya lor her tighs big big..hee..L size there are 56pcs ...

chobits,
yup cos she can see those colorful hello kitty, then hv tummytime there, we play iwth her there lor..at least not so hot =D.

loomi,
i got mastitis once, got high fever, chills and there is a hard-lump on my left side breast which is super red and swollen. Initially, i didnt know it was mastitis so i never latch my baby till i read from kellymom.com that if dun let baby latch then it will be worse. So i let my baby latch and he manage to help me get rid of the hard-lump and after which my fever went down.

choc,
that keon also got flu but feed him medicine with his milk, i used soft-tip spoon to feed him his medicine then faster offer him milk, haha, so that he will swallow the medicine together with his milk.

felval,
ya, super happy when he said i love you, even more happy when he said he love me more than my hubby :p Still remember when Kiern came to visit me the next day after my labour, he ran his way to my ward all by himself, my mil and the nurses there were surprised that he know his way to my ward as he was there only once which is during my labour day. He came in then he stroke my head and tell me i love you muumy with that look in his eyes like he know that i been thru a lot to give birth his didi.

Mass May 2008 Baby Photo Shoot package:
Price: Per child $100 w/out softcopy ; $120 w softcopy (Minimum 15 bubs)

Includes:
1. Photo shoot ( till all shots done, so no limit on the timing to put everyone at ease, However, should finish around 1-2 hours)
2. 1 group photo (everyone will get the same group photo) in S8R print
3. 3x 5R prints for individual photo of the child alone
4. Softcopy (1800px X 1200 px X 300dpi)

If no softcopy, parents just need to pay $100 for shoot and prints.

No Shoot + Softcopy only as studio need to control the print quality as well as making sure that the parents should at least got prints done rather than pay for the shoot, got CD but never really do anything about it.

Deposit of $50/child for confirmation of this package.
Impt notes:
This mass photo shoot will not include family shots.
Location will b chosen by mommies.
Estimated to be around 10 images per family for individual shots.
With group shots, photographer will take one all 15 together and break them out in a group of 3 to take as well so as to see the faces better.

1. Poky (Xmas, Dec)
2. Winnedy ((Xmas, Dec? can?)
3. Felval (Xmas, Dec)
4. Jer (Xmas, Dec)

Cheri,
saw the kimono booties too, it so cute, wanna get for my boy too but still considering cos have been spending too much recently.

Jorel_mum,
ya multitasking, now feed him milk very difficult if latch him with laying down position, he will want to flip and drink.

Hihi Ladies,

Loomi,
No worries. U add in brown rice powder? So ur bb like it? I only gave the water. I also duno how to detect wat is liquid stage etc.

Ant,
I so fed up wif my gal juz now. I was changing her juz now when she poo and she flipped. Den her legs all these kanna the poo. Urghh...

Muzicgal,
I think mumscenter have competition dunno from pampers or huggies one.

Jo,
I dun have the pot leh. Mayb u check with Pooh n Loomi. I lazy mummy, think the pot wun be of much use to me since my hubby says very troublesome if I have to cook everynite next time. So we'll juz tabao dinner n baby will juz take her watever cereal as meal. I bad mummy....

Linda,
DO u find yourself appreciating ur mum more after u become a mum urself? I find myself thinking this way. But sometimes I still can't help it to talk back at them when they interfere with how I should deal with my baby although I know they meant well.

Lynn, Ant, Icebubbles
Take care wor. Hope u ladies feeling better already.

Jer,
Tml wat time u wanna come n collect? Cos I'm having Skin Center appt at 1 plus. My rashes after delivery getting from bad to worse. Sigh...

Dolly, Choc,
Congrates! Ur babies are finally flipping. And welcome to the busier stage of motherhood. Haha...

Hi mummies attending the TMC talk next Wed, my friend told me the talk always canceling one. So till now anyone recieve any info from tmc yet?

poky, saw tat u bought a allyzaba blankie for ur gal... any reviews on the blanket? isit very hot? thinking to get so would like some feedbacks thanks
happy.gif

ant, oh poor aldan... how's he now? hope he's as active as usual.

Thank you for all advise. Yap.. not Matitis, I am not sick. My boobs seems ok now. But my boy still sick, fever 38c over and throw up 4 times liaoz ..
sad.gif
( kept crying and coughing in sleep.

of all the day to get sick on thurs !! Thurs is the rest day for most Dr !!! I had to searched high and low for another PD today. That PD no good.. young kid !! .. Tom go back to my old man PD. hopefully ah boi will get well soon.

Anyway, PD said likely to caught something from infant care.. sighz .. so true .. babies that go infant care get sick easily... That day hubby was just complaining that this parent still bring her kid to school, when this kid had full of mucus in his nose. And I saw before, the kids use the same matteress for tummy time lor .. you know lah .. all the saliva drool out, very dirty lor. sometimes, I really dun want to see what's happening in school, better not to know, close one eye !!

kelcqi, yap I grind the brown rice into powder. Think i should have added more water or milk. seems like cook it too thick he dun know how to swallow. Today, I bought some baby instant soup stuff, thinking of adding to the rice, maybe make it tastier for him.

your gal like rice water ??

hi gals,
im well le
thanks so much for all of ur concerns =)

dunno y my ss like went up...
so funny
mu hubby say maybe cos of the antibotics i eat?
not likely bah

maybe its cos i sleep more
normal days i only get to sleep 5hrs a day
n yesterday i slept for 18hrs!!!

aiyo...been busy at work these days cannot catch up the posts. glance thru only. now just finished my work at home and it's 3am!!! 3hrs later gotta wake up liao. beta bring chicken essence to office tmr. sigh..

Re: Feeding
my baby went thru the phase of rejecting milk too. Now back to normal liao and even increase to 200ml, 4hourly liao. He's one of the older ones in this thread so i guess if some are going thru this phase too, hang in there, shld be back to normal too.

Re:Hair loss
My hair was dropping alot too, esp when washing. This week, can see drop slightly lesser. Hope it's a sign that stopping hair loss soon.

Good night and good morning!

Tracie,
oh dear...u only sleep 3 hours where got enough...must rest more k if not very easy fall sick leh..take good care k....

my boy going for his vacinnation today...hope all is well, no fever no smelly poo poo... =)

Morning ladies..

Icebubbles,
Guess u hv overworked urself and not enough rest lor, thats y fall sick liao..How u feeling today?

Tinkerbell,
Hi ya..hows ur ger ger?

Tracie,
Oh dear, onli slept afew hrs?sure bery tired de..Drink some chicken essence but drink more water cos chicken essence heaty wor..

Linda,
Ur boy also hv smelly poopoo aft jab? My ger's poo super black and smelly after she took her rotavirus...U got let ur boy drink paosheng water yest?

annabelle,
my hubby first response was y i bought such a "ugly" blanket for my gal... -_-" i bought as a spare so that my gal stil hv a small blanket when i washed her huggable blanket. i hv washed the allyzaba, but stil not given to my gal to use... so duno if she like it or not.. it definitely thicker than the huggable blanket.. since it new.. stil pretty stiff... also duno if it wil soften alot after few more times of washin..

Re: Flippin
dolly, my gal also flip once in a blue moon when she juz reach 4mths. but hand always kana stuck, so once flip, immediately cry... so she flip only once in a v v blue blue moon...

but gd news is that on wed, she dropped from her mattress to the bumper mat, when i saw her, she was on her tummy, her hand no longer get stuck. i duno if it the fall juz nice landed her position nicely or she know how to shift her hand.... since then, she been able to stay at her tummy quite long n keep lookin ard at tat position... last nite, she start crawlin liao!! but funny is that other bb crawl forward, she crawl backwards.... her hands only know to straighten, but duno to put forward when her legs crawl.... lolx....

since she alrdy can stand with support, we alrdy givin up hope that she learn to flip n crawl, scarely she suddenly decides to crawl backwards instead... =p

kelcqi
thanks for the link

loomi
the pot cook using the same timing as the rice cooker? can we put meat or fish with it and cook? sorry to ask so many qns.. keke

poky
if the mass may 2008 photos can be arrange on a weekend other than Xmas, I'll be able to join. Xmas i cant take leave... but if majority wants Xmas, then it's all right for me. will join u guys some other time

icebubbles
me same too.. if i sleep less.. milk will decrease but if got sufficient rest, my milk increase lor

mornin mummies. so pissed w my hb ytd nite! asked him to feed aldan while i go bathe. when i came out, he said aldan finished all his milk. so i went to carry him n realised his romper was soaked w milk! n his hanky was soaked too! thn he admitted he let aldan hold his own botl while he continue watchin his tv!!! so maybe leak until he duno =_= i was like ?!?! hw can he jus let aldan hold his own botl n drink n din bother to chk if the milk gt leak or wat? i was so pissed lor! duno hw much he had actuali drank n hw much leaked out! scolded him like wat! sm more it's bm, xin xin ku ku pump out n wasted lidat =(

kelcqi- aiyo mus be v messy. this mornin, aldan peed when i was tryin to change him aft his bathe. heng nvr kana my new pants!!

annabelle- thk god he's ok! stil his active n normal self.

TGIF,

yippee, tonight my internet is back on damm sian got to wait 1 wk to active my online connection !

jialat seeing the number of post am missing sure see until blur mah !

Recently my ger is also missing her feeds , dunno how come manage to drag 6 hours plus from the last feed leh ! The weird thing is the lapse usually occurs when am working my maid feed her either chill or frozen ebm.

Otherwise if am at home she keep asking for more milk maybe she juz like to latch on and suckle my nipple ba since she usually reject the pacifier.

am counting yea got another 3-4 wks to go can intro cereal le for her, will turn 6mth liao he he.

Target BF period
1. Choc - end of 2008
2. Angela - ( when Megan is 18months ~ hopefully i still hv milk :p )
3. Muzicgal - when my boy is 6 months in lunar calendar ~ that means I stop bf-ing for a week liao... hehehhee....
4.Jorel_mum aka Jo - As long I have the supply loh
5. POoh - same as jo, as long as got supply
6. c_yeo - same as jo, POoh, as long as possible. Can help to lose wt mah... and save $$ too
7. Tracy - till he weans himself off night feeds.
8. Tinkerbelle - Stop pumping at 6 mth, only latching.
9. Sugar - until i get preggie again or if i go back to work
10. felval - as long as i have supply.
11. Cheri - June/July 2009 cos want to start trying for another one in September.
12. ant_ting- as long as got ss
13. chobits- as long as possible
14. diana - end of 2008
15. Jer - as long as got supply/ till i start work
16. lindachang - as long as got ss (actually tempted to stop @ 6mths...but then my boy like enjoying mommy's milk more than formula so tot good to continue for his sake)
17. cutie188 - try to bf until 1 yr at least got an earful from hubby coz already invest in medela pis so ex how can stop bf so fast aiyoh haha

Hi Ant

I will be piss too... our BM so precious lor. Whoever easte my BM i will kill that person. HAHA! got one time, my mum drop one bottle of BM on the floor and i fele so heartache... of cos i dun scream or angry wz my mum.. just xin tong as so hard to pump 1 bottle you know.

Being training Megan to hold on to her own bottle but nvr success. She rather play wz her feet, milk bottle cover, our cloths tat we wearing then holding on to her milk bottle. can die!! think she will not hold as since 2months we being training but dun seems to work.

Men are less patient sometimes in term of taking care of babies. Like yr hb, mine too can watch TV and forgot abt the things happening around him. But once TV is shut, he will have full concentration... irritating!!

hi angela,

maybe u can try those bottles with handles....
like mag mag cups from pigeon

my son cant hold the normal bottles but ok with those cups with handle

Morning Mummies

Later heading to skin center. Hopefully the doc can gimme a remedy for my rashes. Feel so ugly now. Big price to pay for having a baby.
sad.gif

Annebelle,
I also bot the Allyzabba blanket for my gal. Got it last mth on impluse but nv regret it cos it's really soft and comfy. My gal loves to stroke the satin part but she oso suck it oso. I got it for 66 bucks for the Choc Dot Candy last mth but this mth the price went up le. At first my mum was nagging buying such a warm blanket for my gal, but after she saw how much Erica loves it, she asked me to buy another one. But I see the price went up to 70 bucks le, I nv buy. If u buy, buy the soft satin and not the bridal satin one. Cos the organizer told me that bridal satin is more heavier and stiff. As for the caring of the blanket, u refer to the website and they'll have instructions on how to wash.

Loomi,
My gal dun really like rice water leh. So fast can let our babies drink soup?

Feifei,
Aiyoh, my gal hor, dunno y she dun like to sleep one. She is one weird baby. I've nv seen babies who can take power naps 3-4 times ranging from 10-20 mins a day n still so active.

Pooh,
I read in the Baby First Food book that if we cook porridge, cook plain one. Later den add in the ingredients so that the nutrition is higher.

Ant,
Although Erica is a gal, she can pee and her pee like fountain like tt oso. So now sometimes once i open up e diaper, I put a wet wipe on top so tt in case she pee, I dun kanna. My mum taught me this method one, seems to work. Try it on Aldan!
happy.gif

Yaloh, very messy. Erks. I hate it when she does tt. And she can still smile when I scolded her for the mess loh. Kids... -_-"

Hi ladies,
My boy wake up at 1am in the morning and refuse to sleep till 4am. super tired now. going to become a panda.

Ant,
My Hb also like that. Ask him to watch over my boy and he would on the tv and then watch the tv with my boy beside him. Don really attention to the baby.

icebubbles,
think its because of the sleep you have that increase the milk supply. =)

angela- exactly lor! every drop is sooo precious!
we managed to video aldan holdin his own botl =D my mil so proud cos she taught him to. haha.. but smtimes he lazy, dun wan to hold n wan to play w it instead =_=
there was once my hb was feedin aldan n surfin the net at the same time. thn aldan kept fussin n dun wan to drink n my hb jus took away the botl n say since he nt hungry, dun feed. i so angry n shut the laptop cover!!! thn he guai guai fed n aldan drank.

kelcqi- i usu put a cloth nappy over his birdie when i chg him but this mornin b4 i cld do so, he peed liao! aldan also lidat, scold him, he smiled at me n looked so happy =_=
ur rashes at where? v bad? i wonder when my tummy can slim dwn. stil so flabby n goten wear lengthy tops to cover. darn sianz!!! gv birth only 1 alrdy lidat, nxt one dun dare to tink. haiz

kelcqi,

i also nv received call from TMC on nx wed talk...was tinking of calling them up later to check...coz hv to take leave to attend mah

Ant,
Haha, Aldan very fast leh. I think our babies thinking we playing with them. My rashes is behinds the knees, den neck area very dry. And my arms the elbow there n also a patch on my right palm. Think the palm one is a recurring rash. I kanna it frm my my childcare job cos last time have to bath the children. Dunno which child's soap I'm sensitive to, den hav rash. N it got better. Den recently got worse. Haiz...

Me tummy oso very flabby. Sit down got sushi rolls one. I was clearing my warerobe last weekend, see my old clothes all cannot wear, so depressing... I tried putting on binder but too hot le. Cannot tahan...

kelcqi,

i hv call up TMC. The talk is confirmed and they gng to send out mass sms soon...venue will be at TMC cafeteria. Oops...forget to ask the time....lets wait for their sms.

Btw, who else is gng?

poky, thanks for ur feedback
happy.gif

kelcqi, thanks for ur feedback... ya now thinking abt it cause very ex leh $70... is e blankie very hot?

Kelcqi,

Ur rashes especially behind the knees izit usually appears when u sweat a lot ?? My gal has this too coz my hubby also has this problem ! U may want to try to apply a thin layer of hydrocortisone 1% and buy Cetirizine hydrochloride tablet to stop the itch & rash. This tablet is non drowsy or u can take piriton (safe for bf mums but drowsy one)

Ant,

Same here sometimes i see my maid juz pour away the ebm coz she claim my ger dun want t ofinish I also heart pain lor especially the trouble / pain i go thru to pump them.

Diana,
Hee, really ah? Where is the caferatia ah? I sua ku. Can I meet someone n go together??

Annabelle,
If sleep inside the air con room is juz nice. But no air con will be warm... Ex lah, but very nice. I ever tot if my gal rejects the blanket, I'll take it. Can use it to cuddle n cover when i go movies. Haha... But looks like now not possible liao.

Cutie,
Where can I find those medication? I see my gp n the medication no use. So going skin center loh. My gal also have rashes. I think she caught my eczema.
sad.gif

Ei...u gals tempting me leh...
tt time i wan to buy too..then my hubby say too exp.. =(

how leh..which one is good?

sean lau studio,
finally call me at near noon time to acknowledge receipt. Person in charge says she will call the mommies in the list shortly to make appt. if they dun call, can juz call the studio n mention that u under the May thread, 1 for 1 promo. =)

ant,
how u feeling now? better? hw abt aldan? hehehe. u better be careful with him liao. if nt he falls again n ur hubby knows then u going to get an earful liao. i also nv change the bottles le. i only change the teats...think i better start changing the bottles le...thot of waiting till mar/apr for taka sales then trade in the pigeon bottles...^5 normally i latch my boy for his last feed so i think he got used to it, no nipples = no slp.

poky,
for thr photoshoot ho, i mean christmas period but nt necessary must be on 25th dec la. heheheh. coz tt day i have a close friend wedding so whole day will be out n able so wldnt be able to make it if the shoot is on christmas day itself =) sorry ah.

dolly,
agree. plastic bib is easier to clean than cloth bib. i also intend to get plastic bibs but havent got any yet =P keep procastinating lo..hehehe. yest SSW delivered the playmat to my place...think the guy is Ye Chin, he is a man of few few words. barely spoke more than 10words..hahaha.

cheri,
ya. i pump 3x in office, 930am, 1230pm and 330pm. so normally i will get my colleague to help me pack lunch then i pump lo. one mth gain 400g, u nv chk with the PD is its ok? my boy last weight @ the polyclinic was 7.8kg. last weekend i weight him myself only 8kg..200g only..i hope by next weekend when he is going for his last 6-in-1 he will be more than 8kg..if nt i also duno hw to fatten him up liao..i dun wan to start him on semi-solids yet...till he is officially 6mths =P wats the link for the kimono booties? recently i spent too much le..must watch my spending liao...

jer,
ahhahaa. i can understand. if my boy tells me he love me more than my hubby i will be on cloud 9 liao. hehehe. oh~~~ ur boy is so sweet~~~ hw did u feel then? did u feel like crying? if me i sure feel v v touched n feel like crying liao. does #1 dotes on his didi?

loomi,
oh! thurs are restdays for most doctors ah? if emergency then hw? any clinics that may be open close to where u live?

tracy,
oh~ it must have been hard for u..wk till 3am and only left with 3hrs to slp...but tgif! this weekend u must catch up as much slp as possible ya. rem to drink lots of water...tong nite v heaty too.i hope damien returns to his normal feeds soon. it has been weeks since he can properly finish his milk at 1 go...

ant,
same la. guys will always be guys. my hubby also like tt lo. ask him to look/play/feed damien he will watch tv then put damien by his side then cont to watch tv lo. sometimes my hubby can feed n dozed off n the bottle roll off he also duno...v heartpain when ppl "mistreat" our precious bm lo..altho its free but is our painstaking effort to pump lo. u scolded ur hubby i think next time he will be more careful in handling bm liao, if nt he will get an earful again. hehehe.

angela,
i totally understand hw u feel! there is once i thawed a bag of fbm and was able to poured into the milk bottle then i butterhand, dropped the whole bag on the flr...i was so heartpain then...sobsob. damien also lazy to hold his own bottles. sometimes he will hold the bottle at the teat there then sometimes will grab our fingers that are holding the bottle but nv once he try to hold it by himself for long..

Baby Fox Sales
heard frm a friend (she was at vivo for lunch just nw) there is 40% discount at Baby Fox. DBS cardholder additional 15%.

kelcqi, tat wat the lady who pick my call tell me...the cafeteria is on level 1. it is opposite the staircase to Mr Bean...if u get wat i mean.

u gng alone wif erica?

Cheri,
Sorry to miss ur post. Wat time u wanna collect? U think is ok for u to collect in e early afternoon? Cos I m going for dinner in e evening with my hubby.

o...i dun mind...mayb we mit at TMC ard the registeration counter there? coz my hb might be gng also...heehee

let's list down who are gng for the talk ok.

TMC Talk on 22nd Oct Wed

1) Diana
2) Tinkerbelle
3) Jorel Mum

Kelcqi- I also v v depressed. Cant fit into my old tops nw. tummy protruding out. Darn sianz!!! Like 3-4mth preg =( I gt binder too but also nvr use cos v uncomfy leh. Me doin situps every nite nw, hopin for miracle tat wil at least slim dwn abit.
aldan also gt sensitive skin leh. Got it frm my hb. Of all things!! Hv to keep applyin moisturizer for him esp his back n joint areas like the back of his knees n armpits. V prone to rashes. Haiz…

cutie- they dun understd hw precious bm is to us! I alwz tell the teacher dun throw the bm if my boy cannot finish. Put in a cup of hot water n feed again.

Felval- tink I pass the cough to aldan! He was coughin away jus nw. aiyo~ ~ tink I must wear mask liao. oh my hb noes le. Hehe… hengz nvr scold me. Phew! He jus said dun put him on the bed liao unless one of us is ard.
Same lor! Aldan also needs my neh neh to slp! Hahhah… If nt kept fussin n dun wan to zzz… tinkin hw to stop this leh..
Looks like hbs behave in the same way when asked to take care of our little ones! My hb also wil put aldan besides him while he watch tv or surf net. N if he kept cryin, thn wil pass bk to me. Even if I am in the midst of pumpin, he wil jus leave aldan on my lap!
Hw much can u pump nw every 3 hrly? I pump every 4hrly, the most only 120ml. haiz… smtimes worse only less thn 100ml.

Back