(2008/04) April 2008

WOw calamari,
Kayla is so pretty and natural
happy.gif
First baby model in the thread :D

Thanks all hehe...me very excited also to see my girl on the cover...went to MPH and bought 20 copies for myself..muahahaha!

Prawnie: hmmm, no its not a cover girl competition. This is her 1st assignment from the modelling agency.

calamari that is a great cover pic of Kayla! Ok will support and go buy a mag hee! Aiyo next time group up got her own queue of boys and the april boys from here!! ha

Hi mummies,
any1 wan 2 buy GAIA Natural Baby products cos I m going 2 place order with them. 12 items & above 10% discount. $60 & above 25% discount. PM me if u interested to buy.
happy.gif

Calamari,
Kayla is so photogenic..nice cover pic!

Mummies,
Any GD mummies here? Can share what's the progress like so far?
My bb has been refusing to look at the cards for quite a while now. She'd rather look at books or picture cards. Sometimes she'll take the GD card from us and "show" it to us instead..sigh, not sure how to rekindle her interest. She was ok until abt 8 mths old when she became more mobile.

shah

the gd person tell me to mix the picture cards from them with the word cards leh.... then he say is 6 cards per set and drop 2 cards per day.

Cass: was approached to sign up
happy.gif
u can call them and ask for details.

Shah: I gave up on GD liao! Kayla hates them and rather look at other kinds of flashcards :p

Cass : If I'm not wrong, you can just book an appt to do photoshoot with them and your child will be on their portfolio. That's what my friend told me previously.

Jule's Mum, Calamari:
Thank for the info but dont think my boy can make it.

Had all mummies book your caterer?
I just realised that my hubby had invite his Muslim's friends and now i need to order from HALAL certified caterer!

Mummies do you all have any recommedations??

jasmine,
i din get any picture cards from GD. Is it the general knowledge ones? So the 6 cards include both picture cards and word cards?

calamari,
yupz my baby hates them too.. she rather look at picture books and other cards. makes me feel like giving up too.but very heart pain to give up 11+ mths of hard work..

cass,
you can try neo garden on ISS catering..not tried them personally but had received reviews that the food is not bad..

shah

mine is the encyclopedic ones... they are sold at 50 per set of cards but you got to get 10 sets at one time leh.

yah the 6 cards are both picture cards and word cards

Hi, does anyone know where else I can buy Happy Bellies besides Vitakids? Went there today and they were out of stock, only arriving end Apr. I still hv a couple of tins, but just in case I run out b4 the stock arrives....

Sputnik : You can try Supernatural at park house. (the old apartment after four seasons hotel) They don't display on the shelve. You have to ask the staff.

shah

so far after i added in the new picture cards he is more interested in it but yaps what calamari said is true! with only the word cards he is no interested in the program! that was why i went back to them and asked what to do! so they said to add in the picture cards.

*xin-ma* : kayla is so natural on camera
happy.gif
.. . maybe she will on tv soon.. i remember seeing 1 of the gals in the baby series on ch8.

jasmine : are you doing sentences with your boy now or just couplets and words? i just started my gal on reading programme 2 mths back when she done basic maths (before numerals).

After reading the GD book and watch "Your baby can read" , i am teaching little gal to read in my modified program.. ha ha ha :p So far, she still enjoys looking at plain word cards and she can point the correct body parts when we ask her *sometimes*..

Jule's Mum - thanks! will check that place out if i happen to be in the area.

Can anyone advise what baby things are worth buying in australia? Heading to perth in may ;-)

RE: GD cards

I think to clarify, you cannot mix the picture cards with the words cards.
If baby gets "bored", you go on 6 cards instead of the 5 cards. You use 2 new cards each day.
With more new cards, baby will concentrate better as it does not bore them with what they already know.

Shah, my girl was losing concentration at about 9 months old. Then i switched to using this 6 cards instead of 5 cards. It helps alot.
perhaps you can try.
Did u buy the cards from GDbaby?
If so, you can call lawrence when you face such prob immediately. He will advise u. I find him quite good.

Shah did u do the cards with ur baby everyday?
Lawrence advised to do so only on weekdays and weekends, we play around with the older cards.
We printed pictures and pasted behind e word cards. Show e words briefly then show the pictures to help her build a connection between words n the pictures.
I am not sure whether she has learnt anything much from this pictures and words.
But now, if i were to give her a few cards and ask her to pick e correct word, she is able to do so most of the time.

calamari,
congrats that ur ger has her 1st model assignment
happy.gif

just celebrate my ger lunar birthday on sat...
and we ordered a tweety cake for her cos hb said her hair look like tweety...hahaha...

mummies who had boys,
check with u all...when u are carrying ur boy ...did u all drop lots of hair?

mention to my hb and he said maybe my boy will have lots of hair compare to his sis...
as i didn't have hair loss when having her...

gd morning mummies!

summer's mama,
i bought the cards from GD baby before my bb was born. Lawrence came to my place on the first week after me delivery and showed us how to use the black and white picture cards and dots cards.
Subsequently i didn't have time to go down to GD for the training but i had finished reading the Reading and Maths book and tried to follow whatever the book said.

But honestly, following the book is too stressful cos they required 3 sets of 5 cards per day and drop 3 cards per day and flash at least 3 times a day for each set. With me being a FTWM is really not possible. So i kept to one set of 5 cards per day and drop 1 card per day.And i also did the maths dots cards at the same time. This i did on a daily basis as far as possible unless we had something on.

She was ok until abt 8 mths old and she didn't really want to look at the cards anymore. So i thought maybe i was going a bit too slow so i added another set of 5 cards but to no avail.

Ok, maybe i'll try to find the pictures to go with the cards. Where did you print the pictures from?

sputnik,
i was in brisbane in Feb and i must say that the variety of baby food is really good.And cheap too!

Oh, and look out for sales at target. They have really good toys sale. I bought a Leap Frog tricycle there. Thought it was a good buy as it has very good features.

Hi Shah,

I didnt really read the book.
Yes I bought from lawrence before i delivered too. Haha. KS mommies, arent we?

Lawrence did mention not to follow what the book says, esp for FTWM. In fact, showing too many times will bore the baby.

Im doing two sets of 6 days for english ( one set in e morning, one set at night), as well as the math one. Math one we are doing prob solving now. I HATE sorting out e math cards! But at this stage it's ok.

I just did a ramdom search on e internet.
U can try getty images or just yahoo images.
What we did was we tried to play around with words like family members first, or body parts, followed by animals. My girl has a strong interest towards animals. We bought her those animal figurines and played around those animals alongside with the cards.
You can try to get those too. =)

summer's mama,
yeah..i got it at the mother and baby fair last year..hehe. and i finished reading both books before i delivered..good thing too or i'll be totally lost..

my bb loves animals too..think i'll try what you are doing..thanks for the tip!
yeah, maths is troublesome isn't it? We are still doing subtraction now..kinda slow with all the breaks in between..

sputnik: get Konfidence swim wear from Oz, much cheaper. Bought Fisher-Price & Playskool (Hasbro) toys during their Target sale as well and they had a lot more variety in Oz than in Singapore. Sometimes they have the Buy 1 and get the next toy at half price promo.

Seems many have brought their babies to Oz or are going to Oz. Can't wait for my Brisbane trip in July too!
happy.gif

Amy: Nice !!! Salute your endurance for the late nights to complete this !!

Koori: Very nice and sweet cake!! Hope Kaylen has enjoyed herself !!

Mummies, can I check if anyone has brought babies for a full body massage for their well being? as in, to make them recover faster from their illness e.g flu and cough ..

Xavier's phlegm came back again and made him cough. Thinking of bring him for a long term massage to improve his immunity.

Back