(2008/03) March 2008

clover
same here with sore nipples. my girls are taking turns to latch on and its like a baby every hour at "peak" hours...lol then after they latch on i pump some more... now i'm like addicted to breastfeeding. Can't wait for them to wake up and latch... guess i'm psyching myself to make my stay at home worthwhile.

Yes, pump also when there is no milk so that the action will stimulate the brain into thinking there is a baby at the breast. The more u pump the more stimulation. BUT latching is still anytime better than pumping. dats wat the LC told me. I thought pumping is good enough but once your baby hit growth spurt, only latching on will be able to send signal to brain to increase supply... pumping cannot do that.

Goat's Rue to achieve let down. A friend of mine swears by it. Wondering if anyone doing spree soon from luckyvitamins?
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/759160540085.html

latching vs pumping to increase milk supply
i think pumping makes sure breast is "emptied out" to signal to the brain to make more milk...i'm just not confident that my bb empties out my breast when he latches on since he likes to fall asleep but as soon as I want to take him away from the breast, he sucks and swallows vigorously :p

clover, kais
sore nipples were the worst! Mine lasted for a week and could actually see the raw skin *ouch!*...but then my nipples toughen up and i also become better at latching and now no more pain
happy.gif

YT
the LC told another lady that her milk is also v. watery and she needed to eat more meat, not just fish

halo ladies

i just went to washroom and discover my "mucus plug" is out...does that means i will be going to labour soon?

I am upset again. Like a daily affair for me. hahaha. Now MIL says not good to keep BM in fridge then heat up for baby to drink will cause wind.

I am very pek chek cos everyone around me keep telling me, mum, aunt, MIL, no milk then dun pump and feed. Super sian. Sian until I no mood to pump. Haiz.

Kell happen to saw ur post.

My advise to u is not to pump .. Latch your bb .. That's the meaning of breastfeeding .. Giving EBM is the second choice .. Breastfeeding is about bonding between mother and baby which also nuture your baby .. Direct feeding is the best for baby.. Alot of people give ebm cause want to see how much bb is drinking, drinking well etc etc etc .. One thing to make yourself not stress is don't even see how much your bb is drinking ..
My bb is going 4 months and i'm latching all along .. the most i give one bottle a week ..

If you going back to work after ML i suggest you pump after latching to increase your supply .. If you are a sahm, jus latch and enjoy breastfeeding .. hope that helps ..

Tks kais & Norman for the reply.

My bb’s pimples look swell yesterday but today it seems better. Will monitor and see pd if needed.

Has anyone started giving pacifier to bb? Or can we not give pacifier at all? Scare bb’s upper lip will go ‘qiao qiao’…

how long to pump on breast after latching? guess i hv to start on this liao... cos everytime latch only. But hor my boy recently develop growth spurt. latches very often.. soemtimes 1 h. guess will pump after latch after this period bah

Kais.. United Sq the walkway is narrow and worst of all the lifts dun serve all levels leading from carpark! Sianzz.. Tot taka is a good place, got big nursery and big walkway and taxi stand!

Pump vs Latch
There was this period of time when abc and myself were discussing abt supply and sooo desperate to up up our supply.. and we decided to pump aft latch! But.. gave up a few attempts coz really tiring and indeed mess up the breastfeeding routine of our bbs!! Hahahhaa ..like wat adeline loo said.

But again, since i am a SAHM, i have the liberty to latch whenever and wherever the bb needs.. so i decided to do exclusive latching! Furthermore, bb always never fail to empty out my boobs, so perhaps latch is the best for the both of us!

Supply of my milk, frankly speaking i do not care anymore, coz as long as bb is contented and stays happy after every feed, i dun care if my supply exceeds or watsoever. Hahaha.. used to be soo concern abt it, but now.. nah! If supply drops, feed FM loh.. simple as that.

Latch anywhere and everywhere. All thanks to ABC, her introduction of the perfect nursing drape really helps me to open up TREMENDOUSLY abt BFing in public and reduce my stress on Breastfeeding. Now i bring my girl anywhere without stress and BF her in public! Was BFing while having brunch at Shangri La last wkend and yup eyes on me..but who cares... Hahahaha .. the only thing i have to stress is which clothes to wear! I prefer to wear tube tops + Bikini ... i bought so much tube tops and bikinis for standby loh! :p

BB is coming to 2 mths soon, looking back the past 2 mths, i have learnt a great deal. LOVE motherhood.. ENJOYS the breastfeeding sessions.. and def truly madly in love with my little one! All those late nite sleeps for the past 1 over months is really chicken noodle .. i am now so used to life like that and cannot imagine life without my princess.. Hee Hee

kareen
I agree with u totally man!!! if I were sahm I would do like u do.. exclusive latching .. who cares abt supply so long bb contented . in fact up till nw i'm still on exclusive latching . yes I expressed out.. but those r for storing purpose n nt to feed as yet.
like u, I enjoy latching ... enjoy breastfeeding.. I guess d most thing I would miss when I go bac work is latching .. nevertheless I would still nurse him by latching when i'm hm n feeding of ebm only when i'm nt hm... right nw since i'm temp sahm till aug,i'll jus enjoy my latching session .. but of cos hv to worry abt wat happens when i'm bac @ work n oso to gt him used to bottlefeed ...

SHld we start to feed water to bb with bottle..this can help prep abit.. coz some pple advised that BB will reject bottle if exclusive latching is introduced!

babe_dude,

Wht type of nursing bra do u wear with yr tube tops? Or u match them with only bikinis? Is it hard to breastfeed in public?

I wanted to bring my son out but dun hv any nursing clothings to wear.

Sianz man!
Developed Shingles and haf to be on antibotics that is pretty strong for 1 week and 5 times a day! Doc said its caused by virus from chicken pox which I had recovered from but stil not dormant in my body. Shingles is trigger by extreme stress. Yar, I am damn stressful now esp I heard Doc says not advisable to breastfeed..
I am not expressing out so that my milk flow will not drop. But wat a waste! Pour away each time after expressing cos its cannot feed bb. Shall I drink it? kekekekeke....

Jerejoy.. i only wear bikini..no bra :p Some pple says no support.. but i only wear them when i go out..so its ok lah.. it is not hard to breastfeed in public, but i personally feel that it also depends on the bb him/herself.. if they cooperate, and kindly knows how to find the source easily.. then, it is really chicken noodle BFing outside, u will not be revealing anything at all..as long as u have a well-covered drape.. i bought 2 kinds..one is like a poncho another is just a piece of cloth..i peraonally feel that poncho is better for beginners or bbs who are more difficult to handle as we will be well-covered...

i never wear any nursing top woh, "how pretty" i will look with nursing top.. no way! hahahaha.. all normal plain clothes.. T-Shirts.. but the nursing drape that ABC introduced works wonder for me..and my little girl.. best of all material is soo cooling..

ai yoh.. YT.. u take care manzz..

as for the milk.. use it to wash ur face, body lah! :p u know.. urs got strong dosage of anti biotic..even better kill germs & bacteria more readily.. i use them on my pimples.. some indeed dried up .. some are just too stubborn to go.. our milk is steady pun pee pee one k! :p

u take care manzz.. haiz, i can understand ur stress, but u are doing very well liao.. if is me hor, i surrender first :p

how does the drape looks like ah? I oso hope i can bf bb easily in public.. Then i wont need to bring ebm out n worry not enough to shut him down ah..

abc & Mummy dude

true la that taka has more things to offer. Coffee club a bit cramp la. My baby accessories ( single stroller+ twin stroller + 2 helpers+ big bag)take up a lot of space.. :p

happy.gif
go ahead with your gathering venue.i try to see if i can make it. i must learn to be more adventurous if not will be stuck at home forever.

was given a baby sling but still no idea how to use it. baby seemed to be engulfed by all the cloth.
sad.gif
If all 3 babies can go into sling then going out should be easier.

jerejoy: i also nv buy any nursing wear... so far i've fed my boy 3x in public... once at gynae, once in lift, once in bank...
i use hooded swaddle *the same swaddle tat i wrap my bb in when we go out*. so i dun have to bring too many things.
i wear tight spagetti tops. nip a corner of the towel under the spagetti strap. *rather firm, i feel*
then put bb under, bring down my top n feed. i dun mind feeding n walking in public as long as i m not exposed.

bikini bras...
sometimes i dun wear bra leh. i stick the disposable breast pads on my spagetti tops. it works for me as the top is tight enuff to hold the pads.

nice to do exclusive feeding... so far my boy already noe how to reject bottle liao... i having a hard time introducing bottle to him.

I m expressing my milk out coz of sore nipples. hope I can go back to latching exclusively. my bb dun reject water or bottle coz he's such a guzzling milk monster. hehe.

Babe_dude/Petrina,

Thanks for yr advices. Was v turned off looking at those nursing wears. They are really 'ah soh' wear. Hehe!

The drape/poncho sounds v interesting to me. Think I will search it online to buy.
happy.gif

Petrina,

Thanks for the info. Was searching high n low for nice nursing wraps. Think I will buy the one in the first website u hv given. Thank you soooo much! :>

Phew! No more headache on wht type of nursing tops to buy. Hehe! Really vain pot. ;p

hi mummies,

I have 2 boxes of Lansinoh milkbags (25pcs) going for sale at $12 each. Self-collection at Simei (anytime) / town area (weekends). Interested parties pls pm me.

jerejoy: no probs.. i vain but lazy.. i go downstairs, i only use cloth diaper to cover. go out i use hooded towel to cover... i nv buy nursing wrap at all...

babe dude
agrees with you! i love my darling girl too! those waking up in the middle of my sleep are nothing now to me alrdy!! cheers to motherhood!

Checking those who went csec, do u feel painful when peeing and pooing, esp pooing. I feel like i am having menses when i tried to poo after discharge. My csec wound is healing, dun know if it is the internal wound or uterus that is making me immobile at times.

Another thing, for paternal grandparents, does the kid call 爷爷 / 公公 / 奶奶 / 婆婆 ?

Thanks Petrina,
I thgt my body is so weak that i have difficulty peeing and pooing and it affects my ability to walk and rest at times. So this is a common thing that csec mummies have to note. Now i feel better that i am not alone and body is not thgt to be so weak.

Ok Now i know paternal is yeye, nainai. Tmw, my parents-in-law coming so i can tell girl that yeye, nainai are coming
happy.gif

Petrina,

I need the nursing wrap to hide my fats too. So envy u. Can lose weight so fast.

Thanks for sharing the idea of sticking the breast pads on the top. Feel so comfortable now without wearing the nursing bra.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Hi all mummies,
Now cold storage got offer of pampers diaper 2pkts for $18.90 for all sizes. Worth buying. hee...i grabbed 4pkts of s size.

simp,
i got the pain feeling too. but now ok liao. after 3wks feel better.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">kea,
yes! NB size no offer leh...only offer S, M, L &amp; XL sizes.
but s size can fit my bb, she coming to 2mths. quickly go grab or else its gone.

the offer is this ranges.
http://www.pampers.com.sg/bdry.htm</font>

DEFgal

thx for the info....i ask my mom le...she say don wan buy this range...the side not good.....anyway now my bb wear NB, still abit big =/...mine is a small size bb.......hee...

Hi DEFgal,
how many pieces in a pkt?

btw, can i ask those mummies who give ur baby FM &amp; EBM. How often do your baby poo poo? cos my gal used to poo every day (several times per day) when on ebm but now with supplement of FM, she poos only every 2 days. I was wondering is the FM suitable for her cos i switch fr similac to enfalac. Like to hear from the rest =)

<font color="aa00aa">kea,
no prob.
happy.gif
not gd meh? ha...think ok lah. the other range exp.

happyface,
a pkt 46pcs. for me i think is worth to buy.

i gv my bb similac FM she poo everyday (max 2 times per day).</font>

happyface
my baby also on FM. babies on FM will poo lesser than babies on BM. cuz BM is more digestable and is a natural laxative. like DEFgal, my baby also would only poo 2-3times a day (max)

happyface
you give more EBM or FM ? if you give more FM, then your baby will poo lesser. if you give EBM more, she will poo several times a day which will override the FM. cuz initially i was also giving my baby partial BM and partial FM but she will still poo several times a dayor perhaps that time i gave her more BM than FM. but now she is on total FM alrdy.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Yoz..abc's mummy... payment make..=))

Payment of $25.50 per FTG:

1. Linda - self (paid)
2. Petrina
3. Adeline
4. Sheryl
5. eniale - admiralty - paid Transaction Reference 1649786568
6. Yu Tong
7. Guazi - Email - paid
8. Jenifur (TBC)
9. Zhimin (Town or Postage - paid
10. AhCapp (Bt Batok or Postage) - paid

To Account POSB Savings
126-49101-8 abcs mummy
Amount S$25.50
Transaction Reference 1649786568
</font>

jerejoy: alamak... lost the wt yes, but still far to go to fit into my skirt... pants abit more though..
u stick the pad to ur top, u need to make sure ur top is not too loose, otherwise the pad may *run* then ur clothes will kenna liao.

defgal: i went to cold storage juz now, i nv observe offer... how many pcs for s size?

Back