(2008/03) March 2008

hi

monday i brought my bb to c PD.....then do Jaundice test again...13.1..so we has been sunning him in the morning on tuesday and wednesday..now skin abit tanned....PD nv ask me go back for appt...how wld i know his jaundice has drop? heard it will go off naturally after a week old? he is 1 week 1day old now....can anyone advice...thx =(

Hi Kea,

I think you can look at the whites of the baby's eyes. If it's still a bit yellowish, he still has some jaundice.

Also if you press his cheek lightly with one finger, the spot where your finger pressed should not remain yellowish but the skin should return to the original colour quickly.

blue skies

ya...tis is wad PD teach us too...he say press bb skin and put it against our own palm yellow..but i dunno how to c =X...my mom say beta le....but i tink i worry too much.......i heard pple say jaundice will normally peak at 4-5days and disappear itself aft bb is 1 week old?

hubby's precious,
get the cheapest one. think they're the same, i gave my first girl Similac for a week when i was down with breast abscess and could not BF her as I had to take some antibiotic. so far no problem with constipation or what.

melissa,
nan 1 ha is almost the same price as similac.. i think price not so much of an issue.. i only gave my boy breastmilk for like 10 days, so i hope i can give him a good formula.. i think i'll try switching frm nan 1 ha to similac ba..

kea

if PD nv asked u to go back means ur bb juandice is vr mild..it will goes before ur bb full month, not too worry lah..but not go after a week, my bb about two to three weeks lor..

kate

thx for the assurance..aft hearing wad u say, i feel beta...yr bb jaundice goes aft 2-3wks...then u still continue sunning till then ?

kea
can tell the severity of the jaundice from the extent- it starts from the face and goes down the neck, body and then the arms and legs with increasing severity. PDs are usually worried when it's below the umbilicus and present in the limbs.

if your baby's jaundice still not improving consult your PD at the 1 month checkup- he may order some tests. Anytime in between if u notice level going below his umbilicus and over his legs go back and and consult your PD.

Majority will get better over time.

Quite a few of our babies (including mine) already hit and past 1 month and still jaundiced. May still be normal if its from breastmilk jaundice.

my PD says we'll check his liver function and bilirubin if it still persists at 2 months.

KEa
ya what pancake say is true. My PD told me that too. I worried about my girl's jaundice (all on face).. so my PD asked me to stop all my herbs intake and dun eat confinement food. anyway i stopped my confinement at 3 weeks.
Now my girl's jaundice is alot better but she say if baby jaundice till 1mth haven recover, gotta go back for review.
Cause her limbs no jaundice so PD not worried. She also mention that jaundice will disappear at the face one.

kea,

no..nv suntan lio...got one mummy posted before, her pd said suntan after 2 weeks no use leh only will get the tan skin...hehehehe i suntan my boy till abt 3 weeks...no wonder he is so tan.now he is ok. eyes no more yellowish. my pd also nv asked me to go back. if u r not sure u can call up ur pd. I remembered tat give a bit of water will help...correct me if i'm wrong

Hi Mummies,

I am MTB in oct. Need some advice from you mummy, any good confinement lady that you use and you think they are good to recommend? I need those who pro to breast feeding, hygenic and caring, not naggy one.... any recommendation?
Thank you.

Kate
i am the one that posted that hahaha.. my PD told me one.. IF suntan after 2 weeks it's not of any use. ur baby will only get darker instead..!

<font color="0000ff">actually just come back from polyclinic on my gal jaundice level... it went higher than 16 that was on Monday. but accounting to their standard it is still within the management range so can go back... no need to sun tan... don get ur bb dehydrate which is not good... bb so have more fluid and pass more urine and poo..</font>

My bb is a mth old and she has a lot of red little pimples all over her face. Has anyone’s bb have the same problem too? Is this common or shld I bring her to see pd?

yougurt

My confinement lady is very good. She is from the Riau Island. Her charge is $1700.

I enjoyed having her helping me as she is very easy going and hardworking. She loves to cook and dont mind cooking for the whole family. As for being pro BF, i think you just have to tell her u are and she will respect you. She is young for a CL but super experienced with babies.

You need more info can PM me

FL
My gal has that too. PD said its hormonal rash. transfer from mommy's hormones to baby. He gave me some rash cream for her and told me to let her sleep in air con room at night. Use cool boiled water to wipe her face. It worked. Now not so bad.

poshies: bb's birth wt / birthdate n birth method?

any others who popped? cause i think now apr liao all shld have popped by now? i wanna update the pop table already...

yogurt,
my CL very good. she encourage bf, is caring, not naggy, hygience. But she is under an agency if u dun mind. if u interested, i can contact her to chk wif her schedule.

poshies, did yr bb has to be hospitalised for phototheraphy??? mine did. his jaundice went up to 16.+ and the PD admitted him for 2 nights.

Fridge to go
Please remove me from the list. I need a cooler bag urgently so won't wait for the spree. Sorry.

Interested: (Pls cut and paste)
1. Linda (collection from your hse)
2. Petrina
3. Adeline
4. Sheryl
5. eniale (admiralty mrt)
6. Yu Tong
7. guazi

jaundice
dun hv to worry so much. Mine 6 weeks now still hving jaundice. hahaa.. i think mine is one the earliest bb tat jaundice still ard. Anyway i can see it is slowly subsiding

Happygal
FM if cannot finish by 1 mth place in fridge. If u leave it putside, can only use for 3 weeks.

<font face="Calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">Gave up trying to read finish all e archive. So cham w/o laptop for e past 1 wk.

I gana bully by my son leh... He always cry &amp; refuse to sleep when he's w me. Always wan me to carry him to sleep, e moment I put him down to e cot, he will start to cry. e whole process will hv to repeat for a few times b4 I can put him to sleep in e cot.

But when HB is home, he's such a gd boy. I try all e tactics tt my HB use but it doesn't seem to work. When HB raise his voice @ BB, he will stop crying. If I do tt, he cry even louder
sad.gif

I try to bottle feed him, he will sweep away e bottle using his hand den if I insist, he will cry. HB nv had such problem when he bottle feed leh. *sigh*</font>

Here's my noti boy @ 1 mth:-</font>

1336280.jpg

My gal still have rashes/pimples/dots on her face. I tried using cool boiled water to clean her face 2x a day still no use.

Doc also recommend my gal to sleep in aircon room. BUT... My mum will be taking care of her, and insist that babies cannot sleep in aircon room. Argh....

Super sian. I sort of regret letting my mum help with confinement... But she's my mum and I can't really insist on my way or else she will say that I am ungrateful. :p

Thankful that she's my mum, not my MIL. If not sure very bad show one.

Happygal29,

Ok. can help me ask,or you can give me her/agency contact. Let me have the CL name too, so i can request for her. Thank you.

Hubby Precious,
Don't give up on BF! My supply also dropped after 2nd week. Now managed less than 50ml each time from both sides. But I do keep on pumping. Altho I am a bit lazy and didnt really keep to every 3 hrs schedule.

Friends told me to not give up. Keep on making the demand there, ie pumping. There will still be milk. Must jia you and encourage one another ok!

Jenifur,
I somewhat haf the problem you haf. My boy seems to listen to his daddy more. Alot of time when daddy speaks he will quiet down n listen. I kinda observe my hubby for a while. I realised he talks to bb in a very patient and gentle way no matter how cranky my boy is. This has worked! I tried these few days and realised that my boy understand wat i say! Dun think they dun know how you feel and say, when you are kan cheong, sad or happy, they can feel. Bb are very smart. So b careful wat you say or do infront of your bb.

yogurt,
The agency name is PEM Confinement Agency. E boss name is Lily, contact number 90288833. E CL whom work for me frm 17 feb to 15 mar is Jenny Sam Seow Thye.

kell,
if u wan u BM supply to go up, u must really he hardworking at pumping or latching..

sigh~ me pump until my breast sore and itchy..
sad.gif
but the result is good. now supply more than demand.. some got to go freezer liao.

everytime i pump my brain will send signal to me tat i wanna sleep. tiring...

Can i check if any of ur bb has birthmark on the head? My girl has a skin colour borthmark on her head. Initially i thought hair will grow once i shave her hair but PD says it is birthmark. It will grow as her head grows. Am thinking of removing it for her when she is 4 to 6 months old. Any one has contact for plastic surgery for bb' birthmark removal? PD says there is 1 in Mt A and so on. Do u all know the cost of it? PD told me that it is usually a day surgery and best to do it when they r 4 months to 6 months old before they know the word called fear.

Do u all feed EBM usually in the day or night time? When is a good time to test out EBM by bottle or cup? I have pumped once and stored in the fridge but yet to let bb try EBM yet.

Payment of <font color="ff0000">$25.50</font> per FTG to <font color="ff0000">posb savings 126491018</font>. Pls cut and paste and indicate you have paid after u transferred ok?:

1. Linda (collection from your hse)
2. Petrina
3. Adeline
4. Sheryl
6. Yu Tong
7. Guazi ([email protected])
8. Jenifur (TBC)

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1336974.html

I open a new thread under oversea spree so as not to confuse myself. hahaha...

RedTea
so nice that your supply now exceeds demand...my bb still needs half supplement from FM....am trying to pump every 2 hours or latch but really tough to keep up sometimes lah....sometimes pump halfway, bb wakes up and want to feed :p until the whole feeding schedule so messy haha

LC said to really boost supply, after latching must still pump 10 mins some more...my bb is the type to latch non-stop if given a chance and no helper somemore so really tough to do that...

initially i was v. upset must supplement wif FM but now come to terms wif it and not so stressful for me...will jia you wif boosting my own milk supply but rt now am glad that it's a good balance for us
happy.gif

Simp
my #1 has a birthmark on her wrist, birthmark is called a hermangioma or strawberry stork bite...PD said it will go away on its own in 2 yrs time but the mark is still there though much faded...one mum told me her girl's went away when she was 7....did the PD say what kind of birthmark your bb have?

Simp,
I give my baby ebm during the day but I also give him fm because I don't have enough ebm for all his feeds. So normally I give him 3 to 4 feedings of ebm and the rest (incl night time) will be fm.

And one thing I noticed - when my boy drinks fm, the tongue gets milk stains. But when I feed him ebm, the milk stains get cleaned from the tongue.

AdelineL,
i don't latch my bb, as i find latching stressful for me.
initially i pump at 2hrly to get my supply up. now i have more than enough, i pump at 4hrly. both side can get up to 120ml total. hope the 4hrly pumping will not cause my supply to drop.

abc
yah the LC said even if nothing also must pump for stimulation....mmm the LC never mentioned the interval of feeding sessions but 1.5h is a bit short...so maybe u can cheat a little and pump for 5 mins lah and see how is the progress?

RedTea
last time i was like you and just about exclusively pump, no latch but got supplement wif FM for my #1....and to be honest, pumping is more efficient than latching and produce much more milk....but one huge drawback of only pumping and no latching is that sometimes when u go out wif bb, there is simply no way to pump or v. v. leh cheh to lug along the pump etc....so in the end milk supply went down....that's why this time round, i want my bb to be able to latch as well....if you don't let bb latch now, bb might not be able to do it well

AdeL
i m doing mainly latching. pumping only tandem n get only 15ml to 30ml.. depends... well since u say pumping produce more milk, hopefully when i go bac work my ebm will increase

AdelineL,
PD din say what type of birthmark but he says it is common and we can consider removing it as the birthmark is located at the side where we have our parting. It is shaped ovally and looks bare. She is ger ger so wont be nice when she grows up. Hair may be able to cover but maybe pple would say it is balding sign when she is grown up.

Blueskies,
Thanks for the info. I have yet to decide when to give EBM, daytime or night time. Thinking if i do daytime, night time i can latch direct when sleepy and can get better milk stimulation. But on the other hand, am thinking of getting Hb to participate feeding her at nite when he comes home to bond with her. I would try out soon.

haizzz, i m trying to latch my boy, but he's impatient feeder and now both my nipples are sore. he's just 8 days old n i m exhausted n in pain!

simp, i get my mil and hubb to feed bb ebm and i latch him on when i can... so he will associate me with breastfeeding.

mummies

can i ask normally after delivery period last for how long? and how we calculate our next menses date since this time one last for a mth???

for BM, our flow will stop naturally if don have? me feeling engorgement every middle of nite till cant slp even though i express 3times a day.....haiz....i v bad mummy, actualli hope my BM can stop...=/

Oh, I din noe that even nothing also mus pump out. Looks like I gotta be a bit more hardworking.
Anyone know how to increase the quality of milk? Mine is very watery even though i eat fish regularly.

Payment of $25.50 per FTG to posb savings 126491018. Pls cut and paste and indicate you have paid after u transferred ok?:

1. Linda (collection from your hse) -paid
trans ref 1648206538
2. Petrina
3. Adeline
4. Sheryl
6. Yu Tong
7. Guazi ([email protected])
8. Jenifur (TBC)

Back