(2008/03) March 2008

Aly,
nvr heard of using breastmilk 4 pimples except 4 blocked tear ducts.

Melissa,
shd b fm top to bottom.

Adeline,
seems tat using Hazeline snow works for my boy as well, saw some improvem tis morning.

any of u still taking supplements after giving birth(eg, fish oil, calcium & iron tablets)

Right now, I pump out my milk and I'm still taking the abv supplements, will it cause any harm to my bb if he takes it from the breastmilk?

kathy
nope it wont cause harm. My gynae say it's better if we can continue.. fish oil still good for baby and for mommies, we need calcium if we bf-ing.. so it's good.
Hazeline snow is good esp if u put in fridge.. they like it.. hehee.. and i like the smell of it also.. so i always sniff my girl.. lol..

Clover..
So wed induce ah?

mummies

can i ask is got show means? in labour? with no contraction and waterbag no burst...if gt show , then go hospital, doc will induce?

My baby and I are back!! Thanks for well-wishes.

The visitors came by the SHOVE! Finally after 4 days. i hv time to sneak online!!! Feel that i'm bACK TO civilisation, to see the forum
happy.gif

Congrats to all the mummies who had popped. For those who are anticipating for their new babies, the good news is you're only going to see your baby soon! And be ready to be really busy.
happy.gif
Now I wish I'm some hindu goddess with 10 hands. LOL!

Kea, when you see red blood, it's SHOW Time!

3 labour signs - contraction or show, or water bag burst.

Call your gynae, you will be not be induced, cos you're oredi in labour!

Reena: are you here somewhere?

Need to enquire about the Hospital bag that we need to get to ESH...Being informed by Dr heng's helper that i need to bring approximate 5 bb tops as it is not provide during bb's stay?
what are the items provide by ESH? and what are the items we need to bring?

kea: aiyo... have u dilated since last appt? u wanna go c chris to burst waterbag?

clover: inducing tmr?

i'm gg crazy also... locked myself in my room. bb kept crying for no reason... MIL say i no milk. ask me feed FM.

bb refused to slp on his own. insist on slping on my chest. so i got no hands to eat. MIL insist on me eating my lunch. ask me to put bb down. in the end i put down, he cry. so i left the room. she try to pacify him but failed.. until he cry n cry then i came back to carry him. then he stopped crying. i did it to prove my point.
the i BFIng, she stare n stare. sickening manz...

i introducing pacifier liao. cause i buay tahan le, he latch n slp at the same time.

anyone here hv babies who moan in their sleep? or wriggle a lot? my boy stops when we carry him in a position he likes then he poops or farts. but his poop is neither too wet or hard, seems normal. something wrong or just cranky?

hubby and me got flu somemore. bb has no fever, just blocked nose and sounds like phlegm. dunno if it's the normal bb phlegm. but he is feeding fine and has no fever. dunno whether to bring him to PD to check it out. so used to seeing him fretful, now i dunno what's abnormal crankiness. how ah?

petrina

i dilated 1cm nia.....still not huge enough to breask water bag...so have to wait lo....if not must induce, i don wan...

Pet
thats what happened when i had kim. i carry her and sleep. now i learnt my lesson. when baby cry.. dun say i harsh lah.. i just let her be and refuse to carry her. Now except for latching, bathing and changing diapers.. noone carries her.. so after feeding, she goes str back to her cot and sleep.. If she awake, we put her lie on mattress and play with her. I dont carry her.. in fact i think my HB carried her less then 10 times?
I already introduce pacifier.. No harm if it can let u rest more comfortably..

Yasmin
it's normal for baby to stretch and make weird noises.
I have flu recently but i stil carry on letting my baby feed and apparently, she has alot phlegm.. she keep vomiting out sticky stick substance which looks like phelgm.. and luckily she is able to get rid of them herself. So till now didnt bring her to Pd yet..
My only concern is her jaundice.. seems like this few days getting better.. if by this week still same, i will bring her to Pd liao for jaundice..

Adeline
Ya it's so difficult to deduce if should bring PD or not. From what I read, if BB has phlegm, cough, vomit but no fever and feeding well then no need to bring to doc. Maybe I observe him. Hope your BB's jaundice clears up.

Adeline here's my sweetheart now at Day 4! She looks like herself - she doesn't look like her folks.
happy.gif
On day 1 and 2, her face is like shaped like CIRCLE. Since day 3 till now, her face is shaped like HAMBURGER!

Just to share! Motivate those who are anticipating their babies!

1317573.jpg

1317574.jpg

clover

all the best and have a smooth delivery
happy.gif

My EDD is tomm, still no sign but mucus plug is out. But my gynae say to induce on Sat if the bb dun pop w/i these few days. Now i m kinda sick.. runnin nose n sore throat after nursin back my #1 durin the wkend.

Hi Melissa and abc's mummy, thanks for your advise. When I put her in the cot after she refused to suck, she will start to cry until like out of breath. When I try to latch on again, she is so agitated that she keep on struggling..and crying.. do I just let her cry?

Hi Mummy Norman, my gynae is Dr Watt Wing Fong from RH. She has a clinic at Compass Point as well. I find her ok.. quite "chin chye" one.

My 1st gynae was Dr Li or Lee-I-Wyen from RH. She is nice as well. Reason for not going back to her was because I had a MC under her.. not her fault.. but I pantang.

chewwy
like adeline, if is not wet nappy, hungry or cold or hot...then is to put back cot...when she cry...reassure her...but dun carry....is for bb n ur good....

is dr watt or dr li good?....which one u recc?

Sheryl
So nice!!! u capture one of her smiling!! So sweet leh.. gosh!! i didnt manage to capture my girl smiling..
she is EAting and Zzz-ing all the time.. No chance smile lol!..

Chewwy
yea.. just feed and put back cot.. until now we not carryign her.. Maybe cause 2nd time mommy.. more chin chye.. hahha..
Last time when had #1.. more panick.. lil lil bit only carry and sayang..
Now she cry.. Ask her SHHHH and sleep!

Pet,
shawn oso like to slp on my chest.. at nite.. when i put him back to cot to slp after feedin he oso keep cryin.. til now i dun put him into his cot at nite le.. jus let him slp with me.. beside me.. so when he start makin noise i will pop in to BF him le.. haha.. end up i duno his feedin time at nite le...m i doin the rite thing ah???

my mil oso keep carry bb when he make noise.. i will try to calm him down .. try not to carry.. but hard to tell mil not to carry ma..

does mummy who is on TBF.. note down ur bb feedin time???

hi adeline,
i'm from the feb mtb thread. my bb demands to be carried all the time. read that u leave the bb in the cot unless u need to feed, change her. she cry, u let her be. i will like to try ur method. but my bb is inconsolable. she won't stop crying unless we carry her. ur bb will stop crying?

my mom will never allow me to let baby cry it out b'cos that could introduce wind so if i don't carry her, she will. haha.

if she's not around, and baby's crying, this is my drill:

if she just had her feed, check her pampers, if she poos, change her, if the above two has been done and she still fusses, latch her till she's asleep. Else if she's awake, i will leave her in her bassinet until she cry, then the drill starts over. a bit boh chup now b'cos i also have another child to attend to hehe.

thx reena n aly,
i juz went TMC to consult lactatn consultant at parentcraft. want my daughter to breastfd, nt nipple feed. find them quite helpful. they oso provide service to train bb nt to b carried everytime. mummies out there, if ur bb always demand to b carried, mayb u can cal them to consult them.
oso went avent philips to get my spare parts liao...
hehehe, sense of acheivement today.
happy.gif

bx
ya.. she coorperative.. when i put her back cot, she stop crying.. when she starts crying i will pat pat her abit.. or talk to her.. play with her.. to stop her..
So far so good.

Melissa
agree with u that with another child to attend to we abit bo chup liao hahahaha.. No la wont let her cry until very jia lat.. cause i know later tummy have alot wind also..

Cladi
i didnt note her timing. I jsut feed on demand..
At night lazy to see timing liao.. she wanna drink i just pop my breast into her mouth. She drink finish.. she auto sleep. Sometimes every hr want to drink.. I just let her be..

Clover
Keep us updated when u pop tomorrow ya!

Hi Mummies
totally exhausted now and it's only DAY 2 since baby is back home!! HAHA...wish i deliver on my EDD rather than at 38.5 weeks! I find out that I'm totally weak minded...just one night of crazy non-stop marathon feeding is enuff to make me question the sanity of TBF! hehehe...i must read this forum more to get more encouragement
happy.gif

Anyway here are some pics of Baby Tommy
1317840.jpg
1317841.jpg
1317842.jpg

adeline>
i was like u the first day home.. n i come to understand y ppl has postnatal blue n cry for nothing since then... i was left alone in my room bfing my bb tat day.. almost wana cry le.. for nothin lol.. but i thk is jus somethin gota go thro de.. hehe.. at least now i feel better le.. no longer so scare of nite..

AdelineL, just looking at your cute chubby Tommy may be motivating enough for TBF?

My baby is back with me for day 2 only. I agree with you! I had problem with TBF. In fact, we managed to only pacify her last night with FM... oops, sorry, you should not look for me for encouragement of TBF. Lol!

Anyway, I've just finished yet another session of BF! 20 mins on one side is it normal or too much? LC told me 30 mins max, and I read that 80% of the milk is consumed within the first 5 mins, and the rest of the 10 mins will be some more of the hind milk, so I thought to be efficient I will just let her suckle for 20 mins!

i tot if i jus let shawn latch on whenever he wan.. he will make it a habit soon.. n once cry wana latch on... possible ma?? jus like carryin them whenever they cry lol...

but notin down timing can only let me est his next feedin time lol.. like not much help rite.. i wonder y kkh suggest us to note down?? at least for noting down the no. of output.. i can understand y.. jus to monitor enough intake ma.. but for timing.. any reason behind???

yasmin
my boy also make weird noises in his sleep at times. i also dunno whether his throat is uncomfortable or what. sometimes, it will be accompanied by him stretching his arms and moving of feet. but his eyes remain close. so i just leave it.

cladi
my mil comes to my place every other day. baby make a little bit of noise, she immediately carries him. so that day, hubby and i somehow simultaneously told her it is normal. no need to carry. she sees us never do anything when baby make noise. subsequent visits, mil end up never carry. maybe suddenly she realise everytime she comes to my place, my mum, hubby and i all didnt carry baby if it is not feeding or change diaper time. she now follow our style, stand at the cot and play with baby. if hint cannot get it, say straight in the face. haha...or get hubby to say easier.

Hi Mummy Norman

My interaction with Dr Li is only 3X only. 1st visit for checkup and was inform by her that baby no heartbeat. She was very gently when she break the news to me. 2nd visit was to confirm and go ahead with D&C. 3rd visit was for post D&C checkup. Before 3rd visit, I went to Perth for a short trip and she was worried and got me a number for a gynae there in case anything happens.

As for Dr Watt, I like the fact that she is quite chin chye and never force me to induce or go for c section. Very encouraging. Wanted me to try natural. I am comfortable with her. When I send her email, she will reply quite fast.

Why don't you try both (for checkups) since there are at the same hospital. I think you can change if you prefer one to another.

pet/ade
at least yr bb take pacifier.. mine DON'T! mummy is his human pacifier. i oso try nt to carry him but bo pian esp at night if nt he will wke hus jie jie up n then jie jie hv to go sch w panda eyes n crankiness!

abc/adeline: i tried intro pacifier today... failed.. haha... he gave me the *tasteless* face... n spit out the pacifier...
so abc, u got company, i'm still his *pacifier*.

my wrist is painful. i think it's due to carrying him too much...

adeline: how u managed to intro pacifier successfully?

Pet..
no idea.. she just take it.. initially when she tried no water come out, she suck until face red.
Now better le.. she will just suck until sleep. i not so tiring also. She and kim same. Both take pacifier without training lol..

This noon i tell my granny i wannadrink apple juice no ice one.. guess what.. she go and buy ice blended green apple bubble tea for me -_-
So tempting lah!! i've been wanting to drink cold water. i took a sip!!! Gosh it tastes fantastic!! But dun dare take anymore.. hahahaha..
already blowing fan directly.. wear very little.. now still take cold water!! how can!

adeline: ooh... mine spit it out. no matter how long i hold in his mouth, he'll leave mouth open. refuse to suck on it. no taste la... i think...
sad.gif
tried few times today le...
will try again tmr... hope it works.

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Fenugreek are here! </font></font>

2.sheryl - GNC (2 bottles) $12.99 x 1.52 x 2 = SGD$40 (havent include shipping) (paid)
3. Clover - GNC (1 bottles) $12.99 x 1.52 x 1 = SGD$19.75 (havent include shipping) (paid)
4. Kais - GNC (2 bottles) $12.99 x 1.52 x 2 = S$40 (shipping not incl)
5. Yu Tong - GNC ( 1 bottle ) $12.99 x 1.52 x 1 = SGD $19.75
6. Cyberbabe - GNC (2 bottles) $12.99 x 1.52 x 2 = S$40 (shipping not incl) (paid)
7. redtea - GNC (1 bottles) $12.99 x 1.52 x 1 = S$19.75 (shipping not incl) (paid)
8. Jenifur - GNC (1 bottles) $12.99 x 1.52 x 1 = S$19.75 (paid)
9. Joan - GNC (1 bottle) $12.99 x 1.52 x 1 = S$19.75

contact me for collection.

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Shipping cost per bottle is $3. Please TT to posb savings 126491018.</font></font>

Back