(2008/03) March 2008

Petrina : Maybe is bcos i like children bah hehee
happy.gif
Cos i also have some problems of conceiving, so if wanna get preggie , this "fertile" period is more easy to get preggie mah. Am i right? Hee.
Crystal : Are u alright? Wat happened? Have u stopped breastfeeding? Hope u wont blame me for leting out news of u preggie heheee..

pet
thanks. but i am still in the midst of a decision. so thats why not very active on thread lately. very confused. it's a life afterall and i have witnessed the birth of cheryl. and i am a mother now. so i am really stuck.

plus this pregnancy is not stable because there is a gap between the yolk sac and the placenta. if i continue not to have enough rest and overwork myself, and if the gap gets bigger in a faster time than the baby grows, i will have a miscarriage.

the risks for this second pregnancy is that i will deliver earlier than expected and this might be a small baby.

Isabellali : No lah im not preggie. I just kaypoh go to other months MTB thread to see see read read only, then happen to see Crystal there. Heheee..
Crystal : Dun worry too much..Hope u have a smooth pregnancy throughout. Praying for u ok?

Crystal
Dun put unnecessary pressure to yourself. My 1st and 2nd was only 17 mths apart. I took care of them myself.. I was only 18yo then.. If i can do it.. You can do it.. *Hugz*

You have my full support!!!

Crystal
Dun worry too much... Everything will be fine with you.. you must have faith in yourself and ur baby... We will all pray for you.. You must also take good care of youraelf..

reena
my gynae advise me to rest more and cant carry heavy things. i will need to go back to see him in 2wks time. meanwhile he gave me medicine to ' an tai '. and also folic tablets for the baby.

isebella
but i tink you gt your mil to help right ?

crystal: ya.. dun pressure yrself too much. discuss wif ur hb ur options. if u can rest well, eat well, foetus will be well. if there is no prob wif e foetus, will u carry on wif ur preg? these r afew qns u need to ask urself..
caring for NB, perhaps u can consider ur options of nanny or u may decide to be sahm instead.. etc..
try not to stress urself. u can pour ur woes here, dun store it in ur heart..
happy.gif

Crystal
WAHHHHH Good news leh!!!!!
take good care of urself. For me my personal opinion is that child is my priority.
Most impt is sufficient rest. If u rest more the gap will not get bigger and u can have a smooth delivery is it?
I am very very happy for u!! though i understand ur fear to handle cause i've been thru it.
Everything will be fine and like isabelli, have faith in ur baby and family!!

If u need help, feel free to let us know ok!
How many weeks ur baby liao?
I know it hard but try not to carry cheryl too much!

Crystal
I feel happy when i learn ur preggy news
happy.gif
Now u need plenty of rest and wd pray for u also and bb. I can imagine u have to plan for many thing like Cheryl, ur health, new bb and many more things. Just take things 1 step at the time. Dun stress urself unnecessary, eat well, rest well and maybe if u can rope in faily members to help take care of ur little ger, it will help u alot now. 1st trimester needs lotsa TLC
happy.gif

adeline
i am 6wks into my pregnancy. as for the smooth delivery part, i have not check with my gynae yet.

another thing to worry, i am in the midst of moving house. sighs ....

Crystal
dun think or pantang too much.
I think as long as u not around everything is fine. cause i shifted to grandma's hse when i rpeggy so that i can do confinement there but i not around. my hubby did everything lor.
U must have strong family support in order to keep u going. now ur priority is to 'an tai' and rest more. are u able to take unpaid leave if need be?

wow... crystal, congrats!
Me and my bro is just 12 months apart! So dun worry so much and stay positive!

Rest well and eat well.. My gynae always says.. eat like baby and walk like old lady!

crystal: congrats!!!! having a baby is such a blessing, so you must be positive and rest well. having yr children 15 mths apart will mean that next time they'll grow up tog and be v close to each other, so that's a good thing!!!

petrina: yah! we alr booked the chiangmai trip and was scheduled to leave the next day when a state of emergency was announced in bangkok. but bo bian we alr booked the trip. anyway as it turns out chiangmai was very safe - nothing happening on the streets at all.

Crystal
Yes I have my mil to help. But at 1 time, my mil was working at my FIL's shop, she would cook for me in the morning during confinement, den she would go to work and come back around 4pm, den cook dinner for all of us. This go on for about 2 months den she go back to work full time. At that time I look after both my kids. My eldest was in playgroup then, (between 9am-11am I am alone with 1 baby) So I cook for them, bath them, do housework, bring my son to school, fetch him.. And all that is to do at home. Hubby was in sales line then, he could work for 3 months without any off day.. Until my 2nd wan about 1yo den I go out and find job.. So for this 1 year or so I took care of them in that day, in the night, my mil and fil would play with them, and so call help to look after them when they come home.. But to an extent only. If they poo or they make a mess of themselves, I would still have to clean it all up.. It's only until I was preggy with my 3rd baby then my life better in a sense that my mil became more understanding.. And we dun quarrel all the time..

<font color="aa00aa">goodbb
I think Dr Koh Poh Kian is in Mt A. I find him quite ok... Maybe u can try look for him.. I saw him once at AMK about 1 or 2 yrs ago..
</font>

hi crystal,

congrats!!!
happy.gif
must take good care ya.. we mummies will be supporting you all the way.. do let us know if you need any help from us.. god bless..

dear mummies
thanks for all your well-wishes. i will speak to my gyane, my family and my hb before i comes to a decision. i very touched by all your care and concern. many many thanks...

crystal -
congrats!!!! please don't stress yourself out or too much...you have us to fall back on if you need support.

be strong! will be praying for you
happy.gif

crystal,
wow you're the first march mommy to hit the jackpot! congrats. why are you thinking that 15 months apart is dangerous. bullshit ok. why? b'cos my first and Tricia are 15 months apart! and unlike you, before i had my first, i've had 5 consecutive miscarriages. seriously, all these stories about phobia and fear about getting preggie again makes me laugh! try me! i'm a living example.

when i'm pregnant with Tricia, I didn't even bother to take folic acid, prenatal, dha pills or whatever. i was supposed to be on an aspirin routine like when i had my first girl, but i didn't. i was in denial but quickly realised that this is God's gift for my previous miscarriages. so i accepted it with an open heart and full of excitement. in fact, i don't even mind another accident. until u go through a miscarriage or a child loss, you'll learn to appreciate how beautiful children are.

sorry if i appear harsh in this post, but seriously i think most fears told in this thread are dumbfounded. you're gonna make it fine. wishing that you'll be having a perfect pregnancy through birth! congrats again!

Crystal!!! congrats... i feel your stress .. but, no matter what is the ultimate decision, will support u k.. sometimes, we have to make decisions that can be very tough... but, no matter wat life goes on... and most impt u must consider it well before u decide finally.. remember our conversation at Lingyee's hse... no support, no help for bb .. can cause alot of strain to u!! esp when u are so young.. sort out pertaining to help, assistance and support k!!

Nonetheless, it is always happy to feel the little one in within u..

Hi Crystal,

Congrats! Dun worry, my mum have five of us… May’76, Sep’77, Nov’78 and twins Dec’79. All boys, only me one gal in the middle. All are planned pregnancy and my dad calls this family planning &amp; investment.

Life was okay but was really very tough during the period where all of us either in polys &amp; one in uni. Now my parents good lor, the returns are the mthly allowance from all kids.

It depend on what you want in life. I’ve a fren who terminated her 2nd pregnancy because she is comfort with the way she live and doesn’t want a burden even tot she can still survive very well if she choose to keep it. Whereas another fren of mine choose to keep her 2nd one even tot she &amp; hb don’t have stable job.

melissa
i am worry for the part of the 15mths apart thingy because i got no help at all ! my husband is not that type who is very proactive and helpful. i only gt my family side to help me. my husband's side totally cannot be depended on. imagine my step-mil used to be our maid ! you tink that kind of family can be depended on ? i gt a super old thinking grandma-in-law who always yell at me saying once marry here, i belong to their family. alot of crap. my confinement was terrible, i got absolutely no help because i was stupid of did not go back to my mom's place for confinement. i nd to do chores during my confinement, look after bb myself and i only can go to the toilet when my hb is back from work. imagine holding your pee for more than 6hrs and the pad is soaked with blood and you need to clean your wound but no one helps at all. because during confinement, every toilet visit can takes up to 30min because of the washing of wound. and you need to wake up at 4am to do the laundry because baby is asleep at that time. thats how i gt PNB. until my parents know of it and brought me back home.

my husband is that type who will only provide us with the material comfort and finances. but what i need more is help from him and proactivness. but well i guess MEN are lydat. and he is being born and bred in that kind of old thinking family. i don blame him for that but i just hate his family so much. luckily my husband side me and do help out once in awhile but i expect more. i tink he needs time to change.

baby cheryl is being taken care by my father now. my mom is working and she always rush home after work to prepare cheryl's porridge. it's very taxing on them i guess but they seldom let me know but i can see.

babe dude
thanks! i know you fully understand me because we went thru the rough patch during our confinement, so you know me very well.

crystal, i noe wat u r worried abt.. perhaps after a discussion wif ur hb and ur parents, u can make a better decision..
i'm happy for u though.. having another life in u.. try to enjoy the preg process.
dun think abt those sickening old ppl.. u have ur own life and ur own children to think abt.
think of how beautiful cheryl's growth is...
happy.gif

smile more, be happy. take tonics to an tai..

crystal,
even though my mom helps to take care of my kids, she also takes care of my sis's kids. so altogether, 4 small kids. do you think it's an ideal situation? knowing that i can't change the situationh, i do most of the stuff myself. DH works overtime too b'cos he keeps thinking that now he has a bigger family, must bring in bigger dough. i still do my chores during confinement because i know my mom can only do so much. or maybe i'm used to tough life, so i don't complain that easily. anyway i'm not trying to put you down and our situation is impossible to compare but i'm trying to tell you that if you believe in yourself and have a strong will, you can make it. by then, when u have a second baby, nothing seems that hard and overwhelming anymore. i did cook while holding Tricia because she wants to be carried and refused to sleep while my first is also wailing for attention. i just learn to shut off. if nothing dangerous is bound to happen, then i learn to be less gancheong. i think old birds like Reena would know this best. that's why i'm envious of SAHM like her. it's easy when u know what to do and able to do things yourself. crystal, don't worry ok. this is a joyous occasion. if you have something to ask, just ask in this forum. we have many old birds here and very hands-on mommies. i'm learning myself that's why i'm always here hehehe.

i just want you to be excited and happy lor because i see you're worried now.

abc,
I am the 2nd child and is only 12 months apart, i think i am pretty healthy, seldom sick so far (touchwood first). So i guess 12 months or 15 months apart is fine..

Crystal...
Dun worry so much, i understand how you feel. Talk to your hubby about the issues you have raised. See how you and him can compromise. At the end of the day, you are the mummy of the baby, you will be the person carrying the baby to full term, the person to deliver the baby and to care for the baby. Maybe you can have the option of employing an experienced maid and place the maid at your mum's place so that taking care of you (confinement), your baby and cheryl will not be too tiring on your mum's part.
I wish you all the best.. cheer up and i am excited for you! Cheryl is going to be big jiejie!

Crystal,
I can understand how you feel. My confinement was terrible too. Long story, dun wanna say anymore but luckily have a supportive hb that went against his family in the end bcos of bb &amp; me. Whatever I say now makes more sense to him now and he really listens and agree. So I tell myself that I must do a very gd confinement the 2nd round.
Make sure ur hb truly understand where you coming from, standby you, physically &amp; mentally support you. If not, it’s gg to be tough on you.

Crystal, err.. maybe i cannot understand what kind of situation you are facing. But if there is a will there is a way. You def. need to make some arrange if you going to have the 2nd one since you also have abit of a "family" problem. Get a maid etc.. You need to adjust and plan.

When I was preggy with little Constance, no one volunteer to help me to take care of her.. So I only have 2 choices, childcare or maid. It took me a long time to decide on the maid.. actually 1 mth into my confinement, I realise I cannot cope with the housework, job and baby without 1.

In your case, you now have 8 mths to plan. You need to plan carefully this time, taking into consideration transport ,finances , time etc. But I believe if you really manage to convince yourself to keep the baby, you will find a way to work it out... Your hubby also shld do his share of thinking also.
happy.gif

crystal,
Just don't worry too much, yah? Rem, happy mummy = happy bb
happy.gif
All my 3 kids are very cheery bbs because I'm very happy when I'm expecting them despite the tedious work in office (and all those carrying of carton boxes/pushing trolley).

I did my own confinement when I have #3 as the CL I hired was no good so I had her fired. I ordered confinement tingkat food, did my own laundry and other chores. In addition, I still need to bathe the 2 elder ones with me (they go over to inlaws' on alternate days though)

Yes, like what Melisssa said, you'll soon learn to close an eye or ear (or even both eyes and ears) when the time comes.

If you need listening ears, we're always here for you. Take care!

Crystal
tears welled up in the corner of my eyes as i read what you posted about your confinement...hugs...hugs...you are so strong. Sorry all for interrupting this thread with my comment. I cannot help but leave a comment for crystal...crystal...take care and try to rest more...and your parents are so supportative..thats so nice of them

hi precious08, jgal, reena, lingyee, FL
thank you all for the kind advices. i am going to discuss this with my parents and hb tonight. i know i will be happier once i have made a decision.

i have also thought of hiring a maid. but lots to consider also. i think that maid will not obey a 20 yr old girl like me. sighs. okay i got alot to learn.

crystal, my hb at first also didn't help out much. we still quarreled abt this. e.g. he can sit next to a big pile of unfloded clothes n play his psp while I m bz with bb n I was so mad at him. to be fair he's better fr day 1 of fatherhood but of coz can't compare to me. I think we muz not only train our baby but also our spouse. try talking to him abt the help arrangement when he's in a good mood. occasionally scream at his ears will get more notice. haha...

Crystal,
Having a maid is like a gamble. Find those that are experienced. Age is not a problem coz you are the employer and you have to be firm with the maid. If you need help, always ask the maid agencies. service that Maid agencies provide is very important in this aspect.
My current maid is not so good in hsekeeping but can tell she really dotes on keira. So have to open one eye and close the other...

Take your time to make decision and dun stress yourself too much! Take good care ya!

clover: i share same sentiments abt spouse training... haha
but hor my hb has been saying i become "puo fu" le leh.. so jialat.. 7mths nv work niah. become "yellow faced" housewife.
sad.gif

yup.. having a maid is like gambling.. if u heng, find a housechore good and baby friendly maid.
if suay, can only get either 1.
but most imptly is get a maid who cares for ur kids. chores r secondary..

Back