(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

bx.. gwen also..
sad.gif

Garfield,
I heard from my hb, they don't defer the deadline... But even if can defer, no. 2 will still be a problem. It's more difficult to get her PR if she's out before we land. Actually, we have many questions to ask the authorities, but we can only write in... dunno when they will reply...

I think we will do that tonight... at least it will help to convince ourselves no matter what's the decision is...

snowbelle,
in your letter, just plead with them lor. state clearly that you are already xx weeks preggie. get a gynae letter to prove it.

i mean, they can't seriously expect you to put your family planning on hold while you wait for candian PR right? what kind of stupid policy is that. and you applied many years ago right? crazy

to me, i think the policy is to prevent pple from trying to getting pregnant after they get the PR.

bkkgal,
how's K doing? Wanted to reply yesterday but i close browser forgot to post
sad.gif
Maybe you can try giving cream soup and put in some mashed potato inside or else chicken macaroni soup...

bx/genice,
don't worry... each kids have their own pace of learning, perhaps they are developing faster in other areas
happy.gif

snowbelle,
that is quite a headache... agree with garfield, probably try to plead first, to buy you some time. why did you want to migrate there in the first place? is it to get a better quality of life or just a change of scenery?

re: talking
Cayleb is quite fast nowadays in picking up new words but always the last syllable first :p
What he calls us :
me - mama
hb - papa
my mom - nini (dialect)
my dad - pekak (read pe-kuk, also dialect)
hb's mom - ah ma (actually we taught him to call omma)
hb's dad - cannot call yet :p
my maid - ah ti (short form of "mbak siti")

err.. and he's v good in memorising all sesame street's character, barney's character, winnie the pooh, tigger and thomas... *Faint* but luckily his vocab still covers animals as well
happy.gif

but off course with his rojak vocab it gets difficult to understnad/guess what he's referring too... hehehe...

cheryl,
same ! C also shout mama papa very loudly, as though he hasn't seen us in ages... very funny but can be embarassing when we're outside... haha..

Garfield,
Based on the info we gathered, don't think there's any help in pleading. Actually many ppl have complained about this stupid policy... no news for so many years, then suddenly they decided to start work...

Actually the best way is to deliver there but that means I'll have to give up my bonus and 4 months maternity leave and deliver in an unfamiliar environment... I'm really reluctant to choose this option.

tute,
Actually, I wanna try stay in cold country since teenage time and the quality of life there is better. My hb also want the kids to grow up in a less stressful environment... that's why we choose there... but somehow I feel that as we grow older, the heart is more tied down to here where family and friends are...

genice,
hopefully our gals will catch up soon. let's have faith in them!
happy.gif

the only thing which i find ashlynn can do well is to run very fast. may be a future sprinter. i find it hard to catch up with her these days. mayb i preggy cannot run too fast bah. but her running really quite impressive. haha...

bkk,
re food for sick toddlers...A also doesn't eat porridge anymore, so my mom will feed anything soupy, like mee sua soup, macaroni soup, bee hoon soup etc

snowbelle,
OIC...hmm...looks like you have no choice but to make a decision.

i believe SG allows you to hold on to SG citizenship even if you have a canadian PR. so the other option for you is to "try it out" in canada since if you don't need to give up SG citizenship. if things don't work out, can always come back to SG

Garfield,
Yeah, maybe go there to try out first... my hb just told me another headache... he's a PR in SG, so after going to Canada, dunno whether he can still retain his PR status in SG or not... If not, got to sell our flat liao... sigh... more headache coming along...

snowbelle,
now house prices v high....good time to sell! don't worry - it's better that you know now early in your pregnancy. so still have time to settle all these things. if you are in your 3rd tri then sure sweat man!

take it positively as a blessing =)

Garfield,
Yeah, you are right... at least we know earlier, we have more options... Hope everything will turn out fine...

Thanks everyone for listening and advising... before I post here, I feel like my brain is trapped in a box, no way out, dunno how to think besides the few things I've been chewing on... now at least I can see some lights coming in... Really thanks a lot!
happy.gif

Pauline
I joined the Zojirushi BP already! aiyah...too late...i kinda like the foogo sippy cup..is it good? no leak? looks heavy for little hands tho'...

Genice/BX
kids learn at different pace - G and A may surprise you in other ways...i find that putting K them in different environments allows me to discover her in other ways.

Eating
She didn't eat much dinner or lunch again yday even tho she's much better already. Maybe she's taking this opportunity to take milk as much as poss.

Though I brush her teeth, her mouth got this funny smell...is it caused by medicine? do you notice this when your tod is sick too?

Wink to learn DVD good?
Where can i get it? I wrote Channet chinese name on paper and she cannot recognize it, but when I wrote her christian name on, she can recognize. So worry she dun understand chinese as it is more difficult and have many strokes.

snowbelle,
Migrating to Canada. Ya... The tax there are super high. But the air and water are very fresh.
There will definitely be pros and cons. It's up to individual. 2 things I'm definitely hesitating abt migrating to Canada are the winter and whether will there be job available.

Dun worry abt friends and support as there will be migrants support group where you can meet new friends and family there. Hahaha. So coincident... this morning was talking to husband abt mirgrating too.

bx, jeannie,
ruth also doesn't talk much. But i'm happy that she can understand everything we say and when the need arises, she will listen obediently.

my mum told me this week my dad out of town, when she brings her downstairs, ruth will guai guai take the stairs instead of asking to be carried - since my mum needs to carry the pram. Cuz normally she will asked for bao bao.

I think that's applaudable behaviour. haha.

btw..i've signed up for a series of Positive Tots lessons at BAby Breeze at Novena (there are many locations that offer this programme).

I thoguht it's good as it teaches me to focus on positive affirmative behaviour. actually i have been dying to sign ruth up for some classes for fun - but dunno la...very difficult to please everyone la...esp hubby. this cannot that cannot.

i met happymum2b there too. so coincidental. haha.

Hi, snowbelle,
hehe.... let me contribute some thoughts....^_^

If your hubby and you have different views/drive to make this decision, from your desciptions and I remember that your hubby is hongkonger; guess that it's better for your hubby to make a decision/find out all pros/cons.

He won't be happy if you make decisions not to go or contribute negative ideas/cons. If he wants to be happy, he needs to take more responsibility to think more.

Guess that leaving family and friends, you are sad sometimes, but most probably won't be unhappy.
And sometimes when critical moment for big decision, $ is trivial.

hehe.... if I am in same situation, I will leave everything to hubby, if it's his desire to move on.

another thought, no harm trying, for a few years or more.

bx, genice,
i read before that babies have 3 main areas of development - linguistic, physical, and the last one i cannot recall...maybe cognitive (understanding, different from linguistic - like being able to fit square shapes into square holes)

so there is usually one area of development that is the focus at a specific period of time. hence, not to worry - ashlynn and gwen's development is probably focused on the physical / cognitive instead of linguistic currently. in time to come linguistic will be the next focus.

lezy,
sounds interesting - what's postive tots?

bkkgal, yup, after I posted, I went to kaypoh the closed BPs and saw that you bought the grey 3 tier zoji food jar. Never mind lar, like you said before the zoji one keeps warm at 65 deg whereas the thermos one only 62 deg. Zoji has its advantages.
happy.gif

I didn't buy the sippy cup cos my girl already happily drinking from plastic straw water bottle leh. But I did buy the foogo straw bottle cos RaeAnne get confused and thinks that when there is not much water left, she should tilt the bottle more (like when you use a cup). End up the water bottle will leak and make her whole shirt wet. So, I bought a 'leakproof' foogo straw bottle so that we can bring out. Next time, we can use it to bring cold drinks or hot drink out.
happy.gif

<font size="+0"><font color="#CC00FF">
Gar,
GO google for Positive Focus. THey run series of programs from babies to kids. Ruth can be very spirited and trying. ALl over the place all day and screaming like no tomorrow when she doesn't get what she wants.

I hope I can be more patient with her, as well as learn ways to deal with her. it's a parent-child class so the 'trainer'/'teacher' will observe both parent and child and affirm what is the good and suggest what can be done better etc. I personally find it useful cuz sometimes, i really dunno what to do with her!!!

Have also been listening (thanks to isobellies suggestion of using audio books!!) to tracy hoggs' toddler whisperer and Mary SHeedy Kurchinka's Raising a Spirited Child. Think it is teaching me a lot about my own behaviour and its impact on my child. Best - all borrowed from library. Ripped it out and listening to it over n over since sometimes i get distracted. hee. </font></font>

lezy,
yes, so coincidental ! Ruth is so tall &amp; pretty..
happy.gif
she is also more "wen jing" and can sit through the class unlike E who kept running around.. actually i am still considering whether to sign up anot... i like the instructor, find her pretty good &amp; experienced..

bx/jeannie,
E's vocab is also v limited, beside papa/gor gor/ah ma, she only know a few other words like car/bus/baby/closed..
but not to worry cos once they start talking, you will be surprised at how much they have stored in their brain..
happy.gif

blueginger,
My main worry is the job availability... Winter still secondary... but I do have some questions related to that... how to bathe baby during winter or really bathe once a month!? I joked with my hb ytd... maybe can only bathe in other seasons, have to skip winter...hehee...

tubao,
My hb not hongkonger, he's malaysian.
happy.gif
He wants me to decide too as he scares I may blame him in future if anything goes wrong... Last night just discussed with him on how to get no 2 there, it's so damn troublesome... he needs to be in Canada to submit 1 document and I have to submit another document in Singapore... sometimes feel like just go there and deliver, easier... but that will mean 7 months of salary will be gone and there is no massage lady there leh... last time my 6 month tummy reduced to 3 month after 2 round of massage sessions...

Lezy,
What is the lesson about? Is it ex? Got any trial class?

Hi mummies,

can share with me the contacts for part time cleaners? My fren actually looking for those
that maybe come mthly or fornightly one or as and when she needs them to just clean the toilets, windows and kitchen

hehe, i have a completely unrelated question to ask

any mummies do facial ah? how much do you normally pay for what type of facial ah?

POsitive Focus..erm...they teach how to identify certain traits and how to respond to them positively. Generally la. FOr more details u can go google them.

When i went, there was a $25 trial promotion (normally $35) for September. Now October i not sure if got any promotion.

I signed up at special rate of $210 for 8 classes. Each class 45min. THe rate sounds high but have to remind that it is not a playgroup but a parent-child class. Meaning I expect to come out of class learning things.

Other classes like Busy Buddies or JWT is purely about a place for the kid to run around, climb around etc. But for Positive FOcus, I liked that either parent will also get 'corrected' if we do something that may not be 'positive'.

happymum2be, ruth initially 'wenjing' only la cuz she scared like hell. heh. I've begun to realize that she fits into the whole spirited child definition and really needs to warm up to new settings. After 5-10min, she so comfy that she start to walk around again.

erm..i have to work very hard to keep her with me one. it's very mentally exhausting cuz i keep quiet, she will wander around on her own.

SO i have to like carry her, toss her around, tickle her, whisper to her, make silly expressions etc. THe moment i 'shut down', she start wandering around liao lor - u didn't see how long she stand at the glass pane...headache.

<font size="+0"><font color="#CC0000">i do i do. erm...depends i think on how much 'extra stuff' u want. and i know some do extraction, some don't. some pluck eyebrow, some don't. the more exp ones got ampoules, microexfoliants and dunno dunno what.

for me is always try once. if good i will 'stay' (and buy a package). nothing impressive....too bad. heh.

my more expensive on is 88 per session. the 'cheaper' one is 99 for both 30min back massage and a facial. the timing is quite flexi though. but this facial is very basic type. just cleanse, scrub, pluck eyebrow, minor extraction, mask.

half the time i dunno what they do also actually. some got lymphatic massage ah, facial massage, neck treatment ah etc etc.

women!</font></font>

<font size="+0"><font color="#CC0000">
i very 'active' today cuz i damn sick of work. fed up of being taken for granted. :p</font></font>

happy/lezy,
the positive tots sounds interesting.
too bad C's 'crankiness' time coincides with the trial class.
if to plan any activities, it's best to be morning till 1pm. after that she will be either want to sleep or cranky nowadays..

snowbelle,
from a malaysian perspective, it makes no difference for me to stay in singapore or canada.
since got the PR already, why not try it out. if not suitable, then come back loh.
for your hb, don't think his singapore PR status will be affected in the short term.
probably he can go and renew his re-entry permit for another 5 years to ensure that he will have no problem to come back singapore to work in the next 5 years.

the tough part is on the kids, who to look after no. 1&amp;2. you might need to discuss with your mum if she can go over there to help you after you deliver. Treat it as a vacation (although it's a more tiring one).

massage after deliver? no need lah. just bf and very fast can shrink the tummy. :p

garfield,
my facial is $50 per session. 90 mins.
include extraction, 2 masks, eyebrow shaping, eye paraffin, face/head/shoulder massage.
my skin condition is very bad recently probably due to the hormone change, now try to go there every 3 weeks. difficult to arrange as i can only go weekday evening and by the time i reach home will be nearly 10pm liao.
feel guilty as i leave C at home while i go enjoy myself. :p

hello all,
anyone knows the market rate for window grilles and wrought iron gate?
i am sourcing for good lobang. anyone?

lezy,
thought your boss appreciated you very much? - from your blog.
what happen?

i am looking forward to lantern festival.
any gathering?

re: facial
mine include ampoules also.
but i thought ampoules cost price very cheap, it's just those beauty saloon package it till very expensive. :p

xY,
my immediate boss does...but all the arrows are coming left right centre from other ppl (our bosses!) and well, no way to siam lor. Cannot tahan all the 'just get this done - we need it later/after lunch/tomorrow morning etc'

worse is when they dun think properly, just shoot arrow. then later realize, actually no need. #$%^&amp;*()

Ampoules:
ya now i trying out those ampoules from the BP at home. if got effect i'm not going facial anymore :p

Facials,
I am a sucker when it comes to facial. Blame it on my endless quest for the perfect skin (actually, I kind of know it's impossible lah...come on, how many pple have good genes and $$ to splurge on aesthetics like Fann Wong right? she looks damn good for a 38 year old)

my only wish is that by the time i am 50, i won't look like arielle's grandma instead of her mum.

so, i've just been suckered into signing up some "super duper" package that i probably will need 3 years to finish using hahaha....

the "basic" facial costs $70 and includes extraction, eyebrow shaping, ampoule, treatment mask, face/head/shoulder massage

the "higher end" facial costs $125 and includes everything in the "basic" package + micro dermabrasion or eye lifting treatment + some machine related therapy of my choice like oxygen/IPL etc.

XY,
ya i can get the same type of ampoules that my salon uses in forum BP. the packaging and smell/feel of the contents is identical. only costs $1 to pay from BP but my salon charges $20+

lezy
ooh raising a spirited child sounds interesting! i haven't borrowed much recently also, maybe time to go back to library this weekend
happy.gif

where is your positive tots ah?

i'm damn sian at work too. luckily it's friday man!!

lezy,
ya, share some tips from raising a spirited child. i think many forum mummies will benefit. i have no time (or simply too lazy to read) hehe

Gar,
you look pretty good la. actually deep down i feel...that skin care is a daily thing, not a once-a-month affair. But i go facials now more to relax and feel pampered. It's my "me time" where i go out legitimately and try hard as hell not to feel bad about it (or else it defeats the purpose of me time). I been trying very hard to 'look after myself' in an attempt to be a better parent to ruth.

There was a period (maybe 3 years back) i refused to use makeup and went bare except for moisturizers and of course, night events where abit of makeup is only courteous.
happy.gif

Exercised a lot, ate normal and i thought that was the best time of my life. ALso totally quitted facials.

I reverted back to all these beauty stuff during and after pregnancy. I look like a ghost nowadays if i dun put anything. Even i scared myself. :p

I feel after delivery, my skin is horrible. i dun think it's nutrition cuz if u see me, i'm definitely very well-nourished. heh.

1. wounds take very long to heal. i refer to things like scratches on the skin - any part - and pimples and etc.

2. impressions last very long - u know if u carry a palstic bag the auntie-style, you get these impressions on your skin right? it used to go away after maybe 10-20 min max? NOwadays it's there for a good 45-60min. and right now, almost 2 horus later, it's still got a mark there.

I dunno if i need to go back into the kind of intensive exercise regime i had, or i need some mega collagen ampoule treatment all over for the next 200 days of my life to ge tback my skin.

ANy of you experience this? Those younger ones probably not so bad la. maybe this is one of the cons of delivering in your 30s - that nobody ever really talked about.

sigh.

Iso,
ya it's quite good. i got both of them from bukit merah.</font></font>

Gar, thought u mega book person!!! LOL!

eh, i need to go listen again then share abit. will post when i get the chance to listen again. things go in one ear and out the other - literally.

</font></font>

lezy,
i am in the similar situation.
my boss gets lots lots of arrow (reasonable/unreasonable) from his boss. There was once that she directly came to me and ask me to generate some data for her without giving clear instruction so that i can do some analysis for better understanding. When I ask more, and she can't answer it saying the she just want the data, demanded it to see it in 1/2 hr.
I gave her the data that for her meeting and end up she didn't use it at all.

garfield,
do you think those machine related theraphy effective?
you mean they do basic + higher end things for you for every sessions?
i am afraid that it will be too harsh for your face. normally they don't do extraction when there's machine related therapy. this is what my facialist told me. better check carefully.

the reason for me to choose going to salon instead of DIY because i don't have the skill for clean extraction.

lezy,
my wounds take very long to heal too once i hit the big 3.
last time without black marks, now with black marks.
so, trying to take Vit C everyday hope that it helps.

lezy,
haha..you are being kind. you know, when a woman wishes to find fault with her skin - every line, every milia seed, every bump, every patch of uneven skin is a GLARING flaw....i think i am in that phase. either my skin has really deteriorated over time, or I'm just being anal.

being in the 30s category - i fully understand what you mean re body/skin. i think it's a function of unavoidable aging and slowing of the metabolic / skin renewal rate. exercise and healthy diets should help reverse that so i fully support your decision to go on a "rejuvenation" regime

re books - ya i am the mega book person, but have laid off for a while...being preggie with #2 and having a <2yr old #1 is a tiring affair esp at my age. so whatever spare energies i have i try to engage A, not so much time to read these days.

XY,
i already said i sucker lor
biggrin.gif
everytime my beauty salon upgrades my facial (trial) i do see a difference. whether it is permanent or not is another question.

no lah they don't do the higher end things every session. i alternate between basic and high end treatment lor.

actually the part i really like is the massage. must get hb to learn maybe he can be my face masseur hehe

garfield,
i like their massage too. my package actually allow me to choose from facial to body massage.
during the stressful period of time at work, i do massage more.
now, got to take care of face a little bit, be contented with the should/head/face massage for now.

hai.. talk about hb, he only knows shoulder massage. i dun trust him to touch my face. :p

re: facials,
i am traumatised by facials! last time sign up and end up with a very bad break out until i have to see a doctor, took some medications and finally cleared up. now i just use mask/scrub at home 1-2 times a week. i don't wear heavy makeup too, just moisturizer + sunblock underneath powder... i think i'm super bo chap in terms of taking care of skin and also have low standard, as long as no break out i'm happy enough :p

re: parenting book,
i prefer what to expect book rather than all those positive parenting book... and if i want to know about something i'll google it... i'm super impatient and i just try to use common sense in bringing up C... but i do admit, the tips that mummies share here can be useful as well
happy.gif

Mine's about $75. Actually kinda regret this sign up coz its sooo far from my home and office. Dunno what charmed me into signing up the package. My previous one was good enough.

Miss my facials and massages now that im preggie. Need some pampering!

tute,
oh no....sounds scary. i was doing facials regularly in uni but didn't see any improvement. and worse still, every session they would extract until i'm like a pig head and it takes 2 days to subside...so haven't gone since i started work for about 10 years. only started after marriage.

sweetpea,
all the more you should indulge yourself when preggie!! i anticipate no time when #2 comes along so better indulge now while i can =) does your salon have different branches? see if can transfer somewhere more convenient?

garfield
cannot compare with fann wong. she takes birdnest regularly.
happy.gif

tute
many years ago when i did facial (that time blur blur kana 'conned' to sign up a package), face also broke out. looked so scary with tiny red dots over the face, worst than not doing facial at all.

hi..

Gar,
I think your complexion is very good! got 'glow' leh (the last time we met at marche while still preggie with #1). think that's most sought after after attaining a pimple-free face.

i also had a very very bad breakout 4 months ago, numerous angry huge red pimples! went to see a specialist and spent a bomb but not much improvement. lived with it for 3 months and slowly restored but condition is no where like before. dunno y also. haiz. hormone change? but there wasn't anything major going on during that time except i was SAHM. (i wonder y -allergic to dust and housework, haha..)

Xiao Yun,
I think I get what you are trying to say... I think most probably will go and try out, if not, I scare next time I will regret...

Ai yah... last time wanna bf but totally no supply... but really hope this time supply will be better, like that can save on milk powder.

7 months pay really hard to give up but today after reading email from a stupid mgr, feel like just go Canada to deliver... :p

Garfield,
I took package for my facial. I think each time is $120 but because of package, it's about $90. It includes extraction, face and neck mask, eyebrow shaping, face/head/shoulder massage and ampoules.

tute
me too bochap abt my skin. i don't even wash with facial foam. just wash with water after i removed my foundation. my dark eye ring is super obvious when without make up.

Gar, is the super duper package from beyond beauty cos I remember they asked me to try their oxygen facial which was very exp. But I turned them down with my usual excuse, that I'm a SAHM with no income. haha.
biggrin.gif

Their underarm IPL is really not bad though I only did once before I got pregnant. Regrowth is slower then before. Still got 7-8 sessions left but at least I can convert them to facial next time. :p

Snowbelle,

Difficult decision hoh.... your hubby found job there already?

hehe... don't know that massage can be so effective.

bkkgal,

My maid came last night, and E liked her almost immediately, kept wanting play with her.

Just now I came back home at 8:30pm; My MIL quickly told me that maid cooked much better than MIL herself.
All my family members loved maid's cooking. Hehe... . her cooking is better than mine also.

hehe... my hubby wanted me to thank you for recommendation.
I didn't meet Sheila in person; her assistant met up me twice. But her helper delayed meeting up last min a few times, making me a bit losing trust.

Luckily, maid turns out to be a nice and capable person. My MIL told me that she felt much more relaxed and relieved.

Back