(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

hi ladies...

1st day back at work...almost fainted!so lost!

dor,berry,
thanks for the tip on mothercare and baby bjorn carrier
happy.gif

amy,
kegal exercise
i was told by my gynae's nurse, the 'correct method' was to visualize as if we are trying to 'hold something up' with our virgina muscles. think the muscles used in this is somewhat different from trying to 'hold our bladder'? hmmm... i wonder which one is the 'correct muscle' to exercise?

Diaper Bag
ya, i also have a mjor problem trying to find a diaper bag that's big enough, functional, not heavy and NICE. using a regular tote bad now but its not big enough leh.

Kitsune,
i tried to look for the black allerhand diaper bag that you've got but can't seem to find it anywhere? i went to all the bb/children sections of departmental stores along orchard already...

dor,
coz frozen ebm got smell. so that's y baby can't finish?

goodbaby,
where to get the faralin nail clipper?

jeannie,
i think the goat's rue help me to maintain my ss rather than increase it. dunno abt other mummies.

jeannie
i cant remember the brand cause i havent collect as they dont have the colour i want so have to wait next thurs. its starting with G....

I notice u all post at anytime of the day. still on mathernity leave huh? i just reach home to see my bb after whole day of work.

I am so upset with myself. Today I cut Danica's thumb while trying to cut her nails! Got blood come out and she wailed so loudly. I am so heartbroken and feel so guilty that I wailed along with her. My HB came out and said a little blood only then tore off a bit of cotton wool and taped it on her thumb with surgical tape. But I just feel so upset to see the blood flowing from her thumb and the cut looks quite deep. ;-( I feel like such a super duper lousy mummy! <sob> <sob> Then my HB still made fun of me and videoed the scene of me crying with Danica. Feeling super duper upset and lousy. I only hope there won't be any lasting bad effects on Danica.

tong

How much does he drink at other feeds? One pd actually says that gota at least drink 600ml a day. mine dun have. So the gan cheong mother here worry and worry. He took 30ml at 430 then juz now wake up early at 630 and keep crying...give him milk at 7 drink abt 70ml then keep fussing. So stop feeding. Duno if its enuf
sad.gif

garfield, the most effective way to prevent excessive fainting over expenses is not to tabulate them. :p

tute, I wear mostly wear an S top or sometimes M for local sizes, but for old navy, sometimes even the XS is a little roomy for me. Their sizes run pretty big.

FM intake- eh, any bbs here drink only 120ml per 3-4 hourly? Thats very little isnt it? or is it normal?

poor Artemis! I know how heartpain that is cos I oso cut slightly too deep one time and my bb cry and cry until I oso wanna cry with her and take her pain away. I felt like a bad mummy too
sad.gif
But dun worry , their memory quite limited wan. Danica will forgive you in no time.

Berry, what a great idea to use bumbo seat and shower bb! hehe, i will try it cos i very cheapo i dun wanna buy another bath tub. dd has outgrown her bathtub liao and if i use the big adult bathtub, like waste alot of water like that plus i dun want her to slip into the water. accidents can happen.

Milk intake
DD drinks 110-120 ml every 3 hrs. I think it shud be normal. In the afternoons, I notice her appetite is better, she can take 140ml.

Poo frequency
Garfield/Kelly, my bb also finally poo-ed after 4 days today!! I think it's her cycle lah. She keep her poo for 4 days and then give me 3 BIG POOs all in the space of 1 hr. My mom was so SHOCKED she had to call me and tell me how much she pooed. I almost wanted to feed her prune juice mix with water already.

nursing/changing rooms
the one at vivocity level 1 next to bakerzin is the dumbest room i have ever come across. It has got a tiny little sink and 1 seat but NO CHANGING TABLE!! I look all over the toilet for a changing table but none! So i had to lie bb on the small seat, squat down and change her.

T3 nursing rooms are quite nice. They provide a basin, changing table, napkins, soap and a separate room for nursing moms and best of all, it is in a neutral area between gents and ladies i.e. daddies can also use to change their little ones.

re: milk intake
berry/bbkgal, my bb drinks abt the same as yours.

berry,
u r very petite. i can never fit in XS again.

ting,
from my past purchase with ON, i received the shipment abt 2.5-3 wks aft i placed order..

snowbelle,
u r welcome to join my spree.. Some of the cutting r big and some r smaller.. it really depend on the items.. to be on the safe side, it is better to order bigger size lor.. but 12-18m alittle too big, dun u think so ? Maybe u can get the 6-12m ? :=P

garfield,
No prob.. taken note of the change in ur order..
happy.gif

amy,
i still can't find the one-time USD15 OFF from ON website leh.. Can u help ? I did find it in the GAP website though..

bx, your bb and mine are born on same day rite? i think bbs have mood..like us adults, good mood drink more, bad mood dun wanna drink.

Iang/tong,
my boi also. he woke up at 5pm should to have milk. gave him, kept crying.. the process keep repeating until 7pm. i bo bian latch him, then he fall asleep, half way thr i unlatched n then put inthe milk bottle. he finished!

re:600ml a day
Iang, dun think he reaches that amt
sad.gif

berry,
hmm...same as me last time, but then hor i think now my bust cannot fit into S anymore... can only fit to my M t-shirt mostly... that's why need to buy new shirts
sad.gif

re:milk intake,
think my son drinking much less than your babies... when he drinks from bottle can only finish 80-85ml and that will last him around 2.5 hours... but i can't get him to drink more... maybe i should change his teats yeah... am still using avent teat 1 coz scared he will choke if use teat 2..
sad.gif

Tute u can change to no 2 teat already guess the flow is too slow for them and they might be impatient to finish the milk, if u scare yr son will choke u can tilt him a bit higher... im going to upgrade my son teat 3 soon

bbkgal,
ya same day
happy.gif
my bb was sleeping but i decided to feed her milk before i sleep. she only managed to drink 60-70ml, the remaining i pour away.
how haevy is ur bb now?

happymum,
Thanks.
happy.gif
I a bit kiasu lah... heheee... thk 12-18m a bit too much... still dunno whether to get that dress or not, coz feel that the dress looks better if my girl-girl can walk liao... (haven't crawl already thinking of walking :p)

piggletail, I bought the allerhand bag at Isetan Scotts during private sale, did you try there?

Gar, I agree with Berry, I'm in denial mode. Recently, I bought ampoules, LSS backpack &amp; mini tote bag, carters, hankies etc. Lost count liao. Hee. :p

Oh ya, bumbo seat having special price at Kiddy palace, $59 if anyone is interested.

Anyone using baby monitors? Which Philip avent model is better? I'm lost. Is video bb monitor useful or just a waste of $?

Hi happymum,

I would like to place order for the following items

ITEM #1 - Jersey-Knit Pants for Baby
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=37258&amp;pid=566784&amp;scid=566784002
Size: 6/12M
Alternative in case of OOS : DROP
Color: Chambray Blue
Alternative in case of OOS :DROP
Quantity: 1
Price (USD)= USD$6.50
Price (SGD)= Price (USD)x 1.41 = SGD$9.20

ITEM #2 - Legging 2-Packs for Baby
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=37258&amp;pid=507404&amp;scid=507404032
Color: Light Blue
Alternative in case of OOS :Urban Dwelling Gray
Price (USD)= USD$8.50
Price (SGD)= Price (USD)x 1.41 = SGD$12

ITEM #3 - Embroidered Plaid Surf Shirts for Baby
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=37508&amp;pid=566764
Color: Blue/brown Plaid
Price (USD)= USD$10.50
Price (SGD)= Price (USD)x 1.41 = SGD$14.80

ITEM #4 - Cuffed Leggings for Baby
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=36306&amp;pid=564206&amp;scid=564206032
Color: Multi Stripe
Alternative in case of OOS :DROP
Price (USD)= USD$3.99
Price (SGD)= Price (USD)x 1.41 = SGD$5.65

PLs confirm if the amount is correct before I make payment. Thanks : )

bx
i nvr weigh her properly, just carry her and put ourselves on weighing machine. She is about 5.5kg. wat is your bb's weight?

dor,
G not drinking 600ml a day? he should be about 7kg now? i'm still using moi dar's formula to calculate how much bb should drink.

happy,
thanks for changing!

berry,
yeah i wish i could. thing is - i track all my expenses quite dutifully and it's become a habit. even without writing down, i can remember all my purchases and the amounts. so i cannot ignore the "voice in my head" =P

kitsune,
haha...good to know i'm not alone!!

jeannie,
you are not alone. my gal also cry and don't want to finish her milk. Also sleep 6-8hrly anf forget to drink milk.
kao_smile.gif

Now my pumping stretch to 6-9hrs. Training in case I have OTs when I go back next week. Supply dropped but at least now not so painful engorged already.

Hi happymum,

I would like to place order for the following items

ITEM #1 - Women's Long Layering Camis
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=26194&amp;pid=390548
Size: L
Color: Lattice Beige, Black
Alternative in case of OOS :Brown Earth
Quantity: 2
Price (USD)= USD$6 x 2 = USD$12

ITEM #2 - Women's Long Layering Camis
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=26194&amp;pid=390548
Color: Hellebore Plum
Alternative in case of OOS :Brown Earth
Price (USD)= USD$4.99

ITEM #3 - Women's Split-Neck Cap-Sleeve Tees
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=7525&amp;pid=563499&amp;scid=563499052&amp;actFltr=true
Color: White
Alternative in case of OOS : Drop
Price (USD)= USD$8.00

ITEM #4 - Women's Smocked Surplice Tops
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=7526&amp;pid=528604&amp;scid=528604052&amp;actFltr=true
Color: Dragon Fruit Pink
Alternative in case of OOS : Drop
Price (USD)= USD$9.99

ITEM #5 - Graphic Rashguards for Baby
URL: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=26638&amp;pid=554826
Size: 3T
Color: Lime
Alternative in case of OOS : 4T
Price (USD)= USD$4.99

Price (SGD)= Price (USD)x 1.41 = SGD$56.36

vine,
thks for the link.. but it keep bringing mi back to the ON main page when i clicked on it..
kao_confused2.gif

snowbelle,
haha.. we can oso start to dress our gals nice nice nw. no need to wait for them to start walking..
wow, if wait for them to walk, gotta wait for another 10 mth at least, maybe even longer ?? :=P

garfield,
no prob..
happy.gif

Ting,
Captured your order..
happy.gif

Thankful,
Sori, unable to take in your order..
sad.gif
With ting's order, meet the cap liao..
I will let u know if i start a new spree again ok..

Hi bkkgal,

Thanks, it is comforting to have someone understand and empathise me. Removed her bandage last night for her bath and so heartpain when I see her thumb with the wound. <sob> <sob> Can clearly see the place where I nearly cut out a piece of her flesh. Somemore when I touched it gently, she flinched. Not sure what I can put on it to help it heal faster cause she always like to put her hand in her mouth.
sad.gif

RE : Milk intake

The formula for EBM feeding is <weight> x 150 / <number> right? I have been feeding Danica using this formula. She is about 5kg now so I have been giving her about 110ml - 120ml each feed. Is that too much?

RE : Teat

Danica is still using Avent's 0+ teat. I was wondering if I should be changing it to 1+ teat? She doesn't drink all her milk at 1 go. Always need to burp her at least once and sometimes twice so that she can finish all or left a bit bit of the EBM. Normally the whole process takes 25 to 30 minutes.

RE : Pooping

Garfield9, bkkgal and kelly, may I enquire how old are your gals now? Cause Danica poops at least 4 times a day at 2 months. Just want to be mentally prepared in case she has constipation when she is older.

andrea, garfield &amp; ting,
re: <u>Old Navy spree #2</u>
hi gals, your orders r confirmed.. pls proceed to trsf to my POSB Saving a/c 126-16066-6.. thks..
happy.gif

bx, i am talking about ON xs, there is no chance in my life again I can fit into a local xs once again lol! U mentioned before u are a local M right? I think we are the same size. Anyway, u look so good in your blog, dont even look like someone who has a bb.
happy.gif

tute, one thing I dislike about BF is my boob size! Cant fit into so many clothing because of that. Now that I stopped BF, I am very glad to have my own boobs back again.

berry,
oh, so ON sizing is bigger? i will bear that in mind so that when i order next time, i will not order the worng size. yah, i am a local M. Sometimes even L (from the brand IORA). dunno y? I dun think my boobs are gigantic though. i just look abit puffed up at the chest area.
Thanks for the compliment
happy.gif

can i just ask, after u stopped bf, did u gain weight? coz i know that bf burns calories, and i can afford to eat alot without gaining too much. once stop, gotta control diet?

hi ladies...

my bb's having diahorrea since Wed. brought him to GP (wanted go PD but it was at nite and next day was PH and PD not open)

ate medicine and changed to soy based formula. Thur- on soy formula, everything ok.
Fri-gave hime 1 feed of his previous FM (similac) and he started having runny stools again. stop and continued soy formula for the rest of the day and until now.

i am wondering if it's possible to be 'imcompatible' to his FM only now? he has been on the same brand of FM since birth n seems ok.

from birth bb has been poo-ing several times a day, always the 'tau suan' texture, hence i thot it was ok despite the frequency.

however i was also told total FM babies should only poo once day.

does any ladies have any advise?

bx, yeah ON sizing is alot bigger, I feel that its even slightly bigger than Gap.
BF- BF has never served the purpose of burning calories for me tho I know it does so for some other women. In fact, there are some women who burn calories faster after stopping cause when u BF, your body retains more fats as reserve; Again, this is also only true for some women, and I think I am one of them. For you, could be either due to BF or your own metabolic rate, I guess you'll know know after you stop hee. But hor, looking at your photos, you are def not the big-bone type leh, I think its prob just your genes that you dont gain much weight.

artemis,

re milk intake
my gal is 12 weeks old. she is 5.1kg and her milk intake is roughly 120ml x 6 feeds + 2 latch. so it's definitely in the range of 800+ml onwards. initially i used the formula, and slowly increased cos A was always getting hungry after 2hrs. now with this arrangement she is on a 3hr feeding intervall.

re poo frequency,
apparently, the decreased frequency is not considered constipation, unless bb cries when straining to poo. in fact my PD was reluctant to use laxatives on bb. mine was quite gradual from many times a day, to 2-3 times a day, to once in 2 days and now once in 4-5 days. the consistency is paste like.

re poo poo
my pd said that for breastfed baby it's not uncommon for them to go thru a phase of infrequent stooling.. my boy also used to poo 4-6x a day.. then was reduced to 2-4x.. then recently he sometimes doesnt poo for a few days.. then poo a lot within one day.. pd says it's normal.. she says usually the babies wont feel uncomfortable or constipated unless this goes on for more than a week.

Hi Happymum,

I have transferred the amount to your POSB a/c.

To Account POSB Savings
126-16066-6 happymum
Amount S$41.65
Transaction Reference 1691192618

Pls check.
Thank you : )

Back