(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

GArfield
nowadays i mix the leftover BM into my milo and drink it up. i still can't drink my own BM neat lah. anyway, better than pouring into sink :p

Hi Mummies,

I've a tin of NAN 1 HA (900g) opened on 27 Apr 08 to let go at S$25, bought it @ S$32. Self-collect @ East. Interested pls sms me @ 81887299 to deal.

My boy, Tristan only feed on it twice. Previously he was on it until I changed him to Similac as he was sick, now wants him to switch back, but he support Similac liao.

Thanks.

kirsten/sgwave,
wah...so happy...finally some mummies with similar latching time...hahaha...my son too...only latch for around 5 minutes on average...after that he will release...was very worried initially especially after reading books saying have to latch min 15 min or so blah blah...finally i just relied on my gut instinct and see if baby can survive then that means he has enough to drink...

dor,
ur son using goon right ? how do you find it compare to nepia ?

bx,
i only took few sips of coke from hb's drink... but i do drink hot tea now and then at home but not everyday. i think as long as not too much it's fine...

re: diapers,
so far tried nepia, mamy poko and pampers... i find all 3 quite good but still prefer pampers because it's not too thick
happy.gif

xiaoyun,
re:sling
ok. when i got time to try to load from hp.

bx
re:fizzy drink
i drink everything except wine.

tute
re:goon
goon cutting quite big. size s is from 4-8kg.
i suspected my boi should be 7pluskg.the s size should ok for him.
re:compare with nepia
cheaper, can last longer, dub leak.

back from polyclinic. have his jab, surprisely he din cry leh.. haha....

now he is 62cm 7.3kg now.... hee.....

btw i m selling my mim sling, any taker??? $30

piglettail,
i oso slimmer during confinement. coz initially no appetite when PIL were staying with me. and the whole hse was in a mess. was very depressed. furthermore i was latching on my bb and she keeps demanding to be fed very often. so didn't rest well. now bingeing like nobody's business. oso got jelly belly.

garfield,
u do housework in the middle of the night?

Garfield.. yah very sayang to throw away ebm .. what we do is when bb drink halfway n fall asleep.. we put e remaining milk in a cup of hot water or bottle warmer, then we try and burp him.. sometimes after he burps he can drink again even if he doesnt wake up..

bkkgal, how much wine you drink? last week i had craving for choya.. only took one mouthful from hubby's glass..but next when bb took e ebm post choya.. whole day he was sleepy and looked rather dazed when awake... i didnt dare to drink again after that :p

re diapers.. i use pampers baby dry for day n mamy poko for nite and going out.. i find pampers baby dry cheap and good (abt 20cts per piece if you get during promotion) but capacity not as gd as mm pk as not so thick.. mm pk is gd but more exp.. abt 30plus cts per piece

bx,
ya lor...light housework like fold clothes, wash and hang clothes, prepare bb stuff for the next day (eg. sterilize all her bottles, change her sheets and pillow cases, make sure changing station is all stocked up for mom). i normally try to get as much done at night cos once bb wakes up in the mng i am occupied with her liao

bx,
yeah coke got caffeine...that's why i took sips from hb only, dun dare to drink one whole can. in fact tea and choc got caffeine as well. but i drink green tea so less caffeine
happy.gif
anyway i drink everything in moderation except for coffee coz to be honest i drink coffee to keep me awake so i dun drink if not in office...

dor,
thanks for the input ! thinking of an alternative option for daytime diapers that's cheaper...but then min purchase is $60, else add $8 so maybe i'll stick to pampers and mamy poko... :p

re: alcohol
read from a book that alcohol will get into bm in 2hrs or shorter time. alcohol is not good for bb in terms of brain development
since preggy, i already stop taking all alcohol. 2 bottles of opened choya still in my fridge. think the quality already change
sad.gif

i guess i have been to strict with myself with the type of drinks i take.

yet i still eat a lot of junk food. my friend warned me not to take too much potato chips cos of the msg inside.

re: household chores
garfield/dor, u two power leh. do housework in the middle of the night. still must pump and feed bb. i salute to u
happy.gif

how long does ur baby take to finish milk from btl.. my girl can take up to 1 hr.. does the prob lie with the teat?how much are ur babies drinking at 12wks?

do u girls always feel full for bfing mummies?

loinky,
my ger sometimes can take up to 45min. sometimes she can finish in 10min. depends on her mood. if i find the milk too cold, i will put it back into the warmer while i burp her.

u mean tummy full or breast full? my tummy rarely feel full ever since i start bf. can eat alot now compared to last time. u always feel full??

re sling
i bought a babybjorn when my hubby went to the states (only like $50 cheaper) and it is SOOO nice and so easy to use. my friend handed down one to me that had clips everywhere, so messy and not much support. i really love the babybjorn! also doesn't feel heavy.

bev
i take a glass of red wine occasionally. oso drink coffee, not as regular as before, but whenever i fancy. i experimented with decaf, non-decaf bev and found there's no difference with my bb's behaviour. it seems nothing affects her. french doctors apparently do not discourage preggy women from wine, so i wonder how french bbs turn out?

anyway, all of our bodies are different lah, bbs also different, some more sensitive than others loh. so just experiment and try out different foods and see which ones affect your darlings lor.
happy.gif

bx,
*blush* no la it's nothing. cooler at night and more peaceful. quite conducive for housework =)

bkk,
yeah the french babies turn out zen......=P

artemis
thks 4 ur PM. i got it but very bo eng until now.

i'll buy fr u e next time round cos i juz bought 2bottles which shld last me til mid jun.

ha.. only started yesterday when i introduce the sarong!
she can really sleep long in sarong.. previously on bed, can only last 2 hours the most in the afternoon; usually it's 15-30 mins..
happy.gif

so i am really glad that sarong is invented! haha.. i even took a nap. now waiting for her to get up!

garfield,
try massaging ur baby's tummy ? the circular motion one... think it helps leh...
happy.gif

bx,
i eat junk food occasionally as well when i have craving hehe... just the other day i had kfc :p

loinky/bx,
ur baby can drink for sooo long ? mine after 10 minutes will be sleepy and fuss but he only drinks around 80-85ml.

for mummies who r pumping exclusively,
how many hours interval do u pump? i was pumping at 3 hrs interval. but because next mon going back to work, so today start stretching to 4 hrs. but found that the amt pumped out is more or less the same. should i revert back to 3 hrs interval?

hi ladies...

haven't been here lately cos trying to manage life as SAHM and mostly becos something is wrong with my pc, forever auto shut-down while im using it... ;p

will be returing to work soon, perhaps life will be more 'routine' and 'organized' cos need to be at work at fixed time and will get off work at 'fixed time', haha.

bx,
heee...so im not alone. trying my best to control..plus im not bf-ing at all, so no where to use up the excess calories.

Baby Bjorn carrier,
I saw a few styles at Isetan Scotts, does abt ladies know which style is recomended? planning to get one when baby is able to 'hold his head
up'

Outgrown bb clothes
my bb has outgrown so many of his clothes *heart pain*....do you ladies have this problem? ppl keep telling me can keep for no. 2 but im not sure when that will be.....!

tute,
i oso just had long john silvers over the weekend.

i just realised quite a number of u do take coffee and tea. maybe i should drink and see if there is any effect on my bb. how long will the food we eat enter the milk? is it 2 hrs?

bkk,
last poo was last thur, so 5 days? she's still drinking well, but instead of 8 feeds is only doing 7 feeds. looks alright - can sleep well, can laugh and smile during activity time. just now she pooed a little, and that's it. but she didn't cry and didn't seem to be in pain.

bx,
i just drank papaya soup. and also prune juice. hope it works!

tute,
ya have been massaging and massaging...naughty girl can giggle when i massage. here are we - grandma and mommy so worried!!!

snowbelle,
there's a spree just started for littletouch leappad...hurry hurry, 5 slots left
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1387570.html?1209458758

bx,
hehe..it's ok to indulge once in a while...
happy.gif

re: bb bjorn,
i got a second hand one for the air model...quite easy to use but can't compare with other bb carriers coz i haven't tried any other carriers...
think the synergy one will really be worth the investment bcoz eventhough air model is comfortable, after 3 hours carrying baby hb already complain of back pain...

bx..I just had my kfc yesterday. But changed the Pepsi to Roor Beer coz of the caffiene. Yesterday finially got chance to eat out on my own..so I took the chance. Yum Yum.

As for pumping: I think u can calculate how much your body can produce in an hour. Eg: Every 3 hours get 60 ml, so means every hour is 20 ml. So for 4 hours should get 80 ml. That's how I calculte..and its quite accurate.

Gar, decided to call Betty to come cos I have a painful breast lump and shun bian advise on how to make BB sleep. Forgot her rates, is it $80? :p

Fridge to go: sgwave, the playtex FTG i bot pretty small, can put in 4 125ml avent bottle or two 260ml avent bottle only. the playtex one is small, cannot fit in my pump. can only fit bottles! so if you want to fit in the pump need to get bigger one. Pigeon FTG is bigger, can hold more bottles i think.

and the pigeon cooling unit can be taken out to freeze one. playtex one cannot. must whole bag in.

sgwave, i only pump once in office. so no need to sterilise hehe. you use hot water to sterilise or use ste tablet la if you want to pump more than once.

bb phobia: me too! everyone asking me to have 2nd bb,and i said no! got phobia laio. only now i realised pregnant time was the most enjoyable period!

bb growing fast: yeh, very fast, now he is wearing 12-18mths cloths liao. and he looked so tiny when i looked back his previous newborn photos!! and looked like a stranger to me becuase he looked so different liao. how can i forget how tiny is he when i was taking care of him during those days? i should video tape all those moments leh. now regret liao.

pouch sling: ya bb too big, cant use cradle method. i use kangaroo or hip carry method. meaning face lean on my chest one.

weight: frentee/happy, dont envy me, i'm underweight now. only 43kg. i think pumping +stress+ tireness really burnt all my calories away until i underweight. i wish i'm fatter so that i look better!

frentee: maybe your boy's tummy got wind?? that's why he cried?
oh yes, thanks for posting the link, the photo is really touching! made me wanna cry too.

Back