(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

ok.. gers.. tok to u all later.. got to work now.. actually at home.. haha.. but need to help hubby do his project.. deadline pass long ago.....Oops.. promised him to get it done 2 weeks ago.. sigh..lousy me....

sad.gif
Read already felt so sad for the girl. Somemore, she same age and horoscope as me. Luckily, my HB doesn't go overseas for work anymore.

He kana recall manning from 25 Feb to 14 Mar 2008. Allahmah... Not sure if this kind of thing can defer a not.

yes. tat the worst thing to happen when woman are pregnant. they are so weak n yet.. haiz... i think i sure "peng Kui" if this happens... my world sure like collapse

it's v scary when there is a change of heart.. like kena "possessed" like tat, can be so heartless and become a total stranger..

HI mummies,

My name is Kylie new here Edd is Feb'08. I have a 5 yr old boy already. My first 1 is in Mt E now thinking gg Mt A any comments. Hope i can join u guys in outings soon...

i've read the blog as well, felt so sad for the mummy...she's quite pretty and young, the hb really no heart leaving her like this after so many years together...

So sad for the girl............ Hope she can really be strong. Have heard a number of such happenings before and really feel that sometimes things can really change overnight.

dear mummies, indeed it's sad to know that while we are being blissfully taken care of, there are others who go through the worst situations. Count your blessings each day, and never take your hubbies for granted
happy.gif
. i still believe in occasional surprises to liven up the marriage even though you are married for long, or you are tied down with work, or you have kids to take care. cheers!

Ya, the mummy very poor thing. To think they were together for so many years since poly days. In the end, the guy cannot even resist temptation for 2 months. Sigh, it's fate. Same thing happened to my friend whose 10 year relationship ended in 2004 when her fiance cheated on her. They had already gotten the keys to their flat, was waiting for a good date to ROM and he slept with someone else who was sobbing to him about her marriage problems (her hubby had an affair). The fiance was repentent but my friend lost all faith and trust liao. Until now, they are just good friends but my friend hasn't really moved on, no new bf, don't want to get married either.
sad.gif

Dor11,
Thanks, will take ur advice, hopefully my boy will appreciate the movie.
happy.gif

Really feel sad for the gal, 3 weeks trip can make a person to change so much.

kitsune.. i think if i am ur fren,.... i will also lose faith.. luckily they do not have any kids yet.. but how could they sleep together just like that??

I ever asked my hubby b4 whether he would have affair.. but he says he too lazy to go thru all these.. then got so many things at the back of his mind...but frankly speaking.. i also very lazy.. cause i noe will create a lot of problems.. dunno how to face pp around me too.

But.. things are hard to say... i just hope that everything can go smoothly for everybody.. be responsible adults and make responsible decisions even when its hard struggle with how u feel in ur heart.

hi ladies...

read bits of the blog briefly, feel very sad for that lady...

i have also heard of such cases around me too. dunno what to think...how does the male brain work? is it becos during these 9months, we are no longer slim, glamourous and sporty? that most of focus and interest has changed to mostly bb stuff? but they should know it's temporary... and no choice, cos we r the ones carrying the child, obviously our maternal instinct will come in earlier and we will be thinking about preparing for the bb most of the time.

Bra shopping
I went to la senze yesterday, most of the bras were at 50% discount so quite worth buying..

i saw the nursing bra...but erm smallest cup size still too big for me. seems like they dun have nursing bras for flat chested mummies like me... checked out triumph,M&S ...all too big leh.

sigh....i think men are programmed differently cos a lot of it is hormonal driven. that's why they have higher sex drive and hence more prone to temptation.

i used to ask why God created men so horny =P (sorry no offence meant!!)

i even told hubby that women should invent a de-hornifying drug so that men don't have roving eyes!!!

Qoosan, no prob.. it's ok if the first time din turn out fine... cos my gal til now(already 7) still need to be reminded to sit down....

i agree with dor.

movie goers who choose cartoons are mentally prepared and more tolerant of kids =P it can be quite fun and adds to the atmosphere to hear the kids giggling away also!!

of course, if you bring kids to watch movies like lust, caution, then confirmed different reaction one =)

Bras & La Senza: Girls, I went to La Senza at Tampines Mall yesterday and they are having 70% sale!!! Heard that it's the only outlet with 70% sale and the bras start from $10.50, while stocks last. I'm not sure if they calculated wrongly leh, but I got my maternity bras at 70% off too. $17+ each. For the quality, I think it's very worth it! But for the size wise, the biggest is D and 38D only have a handful left. I heard 34B and 34C are popular too. But, if you are looking for other sizes, shouldn't be a problem. If Tampines is not too far for you, can drop by and have a look!

Dorothy, yes I'm living at Bedok Reservoir too! In fact so near the hypermart I can just walk over. Haha. And please help me update the list. My gynae is Dr Heng and it's my first baby, live at Bedok and my boy-boy's name is Jerome.

Katsune, my belly button is not popping up like yours leh, but i'm starting to have that dark line coming down too and I wonder what is it... So fun, later going to take a photo of my tummy and post it too!

Garfield, your stomach is reali small leh, and yet yr baby is 1kg le. no wonder your doc din ask you to do diabetes test lah, cos you still look slim. for me... my doc said i look HUGE since the first time she met me.

Jeannie, her fiance is a Malaysian. Stays with landlady and family (she got 2 young kids). After her hubby had an affair, she started to confide in him, say don't want to sleep alone in her room, want to sleep in his room so the fiance slept on sleeping bag on the floor, let her sleep on his bed. Then one thing led to another lor. He didn't confess to my friend until the landlady keep calling him, say she want to commit suicide and the guy guilty conscious lor and my friend got suspicious and asked him why he so concerned about the landlady, then he confessed that he slept with her. :/

i read thru that blog and i think that girl is not the only one suffering from this. from young my mum has always told me that "all men are bastards". haha.

she is very poor thing la and i'm so scared one day the same thing will happen to me. even though my hubby seems so wonderful and like the perfect hubby. but if u watch tv, listen to stories, u noe nothing is definite.

my fren's parents recently divorced after 20+ years of marriage. the husband met a new colleague, older woman, and barely after a few weeks he deserted his family for her. and all along, he had been known as a "good husband".

i guess what we can do as women is juz not be over-dependent on men. make sure we have our own "si fang qian" and have the ability to support ourselves should anything happen one day. and also maintain a good network of frens and family to support us.

kitsune, omg, some times really cannot blame the guy lor. when stupid women like these throw themselves at them. i mean they are guys... how to resist. i think prevention is better than cure. since we know guys are naturally horny, then we shouldn't allow opportunities for such things to happen lor.

what is ML??? maternity leave?

btw, are we allowed to sleep in air-con room during our confinement? weather so hot, and we cannot bathe... then won't we stink very badly?!

dor, u live at the side nearer to the market or the side nearer to blk 121. cos if nearer to the market easier to meet... can just meet at mac or wad.

june, ya.. maternity leave....

aircon room
i will continue to see in aircon room during my confinement...

june, i stay at blk 601(behind telok kurau pri school... can!!! can have our mini gathering... together with xiao yun....

cheryl, me too!!!

bought total of 4 bags from bu-bo bear, and super lover liao. and facial masks too!!

now still deciding which diaper wallet to buy...

Hi Dor, can you please help to update your list.
Thanks!! ;)

S/N: 63
Mummy: royalblue/andrea
EDD: 21 feb 08
Baby #: 1
Gynae: Dr S Isdale
ADD: Australia

Quite alot of people are telling me that usually baby #1 will arrive late/overdue. Is that true? My hubby is hoping that baby will arrive on 29 Feb, more special feel..haha!

Actually, in a word of fairness to men, women do have affairs too. Just that the husbands involved do not complain about it as much as women. I had some guy friends who have been cheated on by their wifes. But because they are men, they do not really say much about it.

So nowadays, it's not just the men who cheat. Just that women cannot possibly cheat on a pregnant men :p

I showed the blog to my HB and he said that the guy already did not look very happy in the wedding photos. From his guy's perception, he thinks that they already having problems before this happened. But he agreed that it was very bad taste and irresponsible for the guy to have an affair while the wife was pregnant and not to settle things properly like a man.

andrea, but like that quite sad for your bb leh. next time she will only get to celebrate once in four years. like my fren who's bday is on 29th feb. very sad lah. esp for children, who look forward to their birthdays every year.

artemis, actually i agree. cos i know about many cases of the girl cheating on the guy too. usually it's decent honest guys, then after a while their wives find them too boring.

June, I think the woman also want to get back at her husband lar and my friend's fiance was a convenient target/prey. But it takes 2 hands to clap, don't know why he didn't have willpower to resist her though. Already setting up home, going to ROM still like that. My friend also very poor thing, she was supposed to ROM before me and my hubby. End up they cancelled the wedding, when I got married in Jan 05, also don't dare to ask my friend to be "jie mei", scared it'll make her sad & emotional. :p

Showed the blog to my hubby too, he said the guy look like an ah beng. Personally, I thought the two of them very 'deng dui' the girl so pretty, the guy looks quite good too but no one can predict the future lar.

Andrea, agree with June. I've got friends whose children's birthday is during exam period or school holidays and they feel sad cos cannot celebrate with their friends. If your baby is leap year baby, he/she will only get to celebrate once every 4 years, quite kelian leh. :p

overdue/late
Andrea, ya.. at least for me(during my last preg)!! cos some ppl kept telling me will be early.. so i decided to apply leave 2 weeks b4 my edd.. end up my gal only came one week after edd... so i kind of wasted 3 weeks b4 bb came.

hi ladies.. read the story in the blog. cant help crying as i read it.. it's really sad.. and from the sound of it, there was no pre-warning at all that there's anything wrong with the relationship.. really scary..

garfield, your hubby also in reservist? my hubby too.. first night home alone today..
sad.gif
and already missing hubby.. where's your hubby's camp? my hubby's camp in the west.. near ntu..

hope to join you ladies on 17 dec dinner.. what time will you ladies be meeting? that's the 1st day my team mate wil be back after 3 weeks' leave.. if i dont have to stay back too late at work.. would love to join the dinner outing..

even though may overdue/late... i think starting from 7th mth there's a possibility of pre-mature birth right? muz prepare for the worst... kiasu abit start buying everything now!

i'm looking at the whole list, and seems like must spend thousands of dollars hor... thinking of how to save up here and there.

hi eileen,
ya same same. my hubby's camp at SAFTI. luckily he can come home every night or else i will also miss him...if not too inconvenient you can go back parents' home to stay? i would do that if my hubby has to stay in camp.

hi june,
no need few thousand dollars. a lot of items are small ticket ones. big ticket items are stuff like furniture, breast pump, sterilizer etc. you can buy 2nd hand or if you don't mind can use hand me downs.

so far i think i budgeted about 1.5K (but with lots of hand me downs like play pen, high chair, bath tub, furniture etc)

eileen, you are so brave. i wouldn't dare stay home alone if my hubby is not around. the last time he went to malaysia for a conference for one nite, i got all my younger siblings to come over and accompany me.

garfield, so far i already spent $1300 just on the furniture. haven't even bought all the smaller items yet! finally i'm feeling the pinch and asking for hand-me-downs, but that only can help as much for the clothes. other than that still muz buy. i think for the other items will look online to see if i can find cheap 2nd-hand ones.

wah june...what have you bought? $1300 just on furniture alone is a lot =P

look out for dec sales too, can save alot as well.

June.. i think u can try to get stuffs online. I just got a playpen for 40 bucks including matress from a coupe. Very worth cause its almost brandnew.. the baby only 3 months only and they actuall have another playpen.. hardly use this one at all.. still come in a box..

Hi.. pp.. i am glad that u all have read the blog that i posted and hopefully more pp can read abt it. Not tring to be evil and spreading bad things abt the hubby, but i really feel for the ger.

I also told my hubby to read the blog... he also thinks that they guy should not do this kind of thing esp when the ger is pregnant. He should have more self-control.. in fact he told me he will cut off any friendship w him if he knows the couple cause he feels that its so morally incorrect to do this to the ger. I am glad he thinks that way and hopefully our hubby will all stay truthful to us. Even if he strays.. dun let me know!!!

Oops.. i just realised i have a big typo mistake.. h@ppymum2be.. i was actually asking u abt dr adrain in my revious posts.. SORRY..i typed happybee.. Paiseh.. u saw my post?This is the one..

"Happybee.. just to check w u... when u were abt to deliver previously, u called him on hp?? So does he actually turn up at the hospital in the end?? or midwife deliver?? When will he go?? I dun think the docs will wait there till we dilate right??"

Can give some advice h@ppymum2be?? Paiseh again..

Hi jeannie

Put cabbage, means u put cold cabbage on yr breasts.. this will reduce yr engorgement. During breastfeeding, sometimes when u r very engorged and very painful, u can put cold cabbage on yr breasts. However, this will also reduce milk supply... so only put when you can't stand the pain.

Back