(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

happybee,
i oso going to bring my bb home on weekends. very sad...
sad.gif

i scared my ger dun wan me...

jeannie,
what is ur arrangement for the bb when u start work?

happybee, bx,
dun be sad. bb with me every night, but she sleeps by 830pm. we reach home at 7pm. also not much time to play and interact.

try to rest well during weekday nights since bb not around so that you can spend quality time on weekends!! trust me, you'll need the energy =)

my son these days dun really like to be carry...i think if he wants to play he will cry once i start carrying him unless i carry him in burping position straight up or i carry him in a sling and give pacifier...anybody else encounter the same thing...

garfield,
not sure about average bb weight but my pd did mention that for my son 6kg@8wks is a bit above average.

pinkie,
your baby so good can sleep throughout the day ! mine can only sleep at night...day time difficult to put him down, lot of the time he will only sleep when being carried in a sling..very siong... but i think that contributes to my weight loss :p

garfield,
thanks. wah, realised a few of your babies sleep very early. does A still wake up for milk after she falls asleep at 8.30am?

all baby sleep on routines hor? but mine dun at all.. mine can be very active at 9-10pm or even 11pm. den after his milk times. he knw sleeping time cos we will swaddle him. and he auto will slp...

twtw,
u not using cloth nappy anymore? why do you want to give away the nappy liner?

re: sterilising tablet
i would like to buy too.
saw one selling at the mama shop downstairs. don't dare to buy afraid that it has expired. :p
shall go kiddy palace. btw, does john little sell or not? got lots of john little voucher to spend.

re: rejecting bottle
my gal started to reject bottle since last weekend. don't know what happen. i intro her bottle since week2 and now she start rejecting. headache...

re: pouch sling
my gal not happy inside.
hb scold me waste money
sad.gif

i like dor's littlepod material. more comfy. the new one seems very rough and thick.

re: new mummy
welcome p1nk1e, frentee, sgwave,
i gave birth at RH too. end of chinese new year instead.
happy.gif

re: type of milk
TBF
1. sunny
2. tongtong
3. Thankful
4. kitsune
5. Artemis
6. tute
7. Winnie
8. xiaoyun

Partial BF
1. bx / similac
2. garfield9 / isomil
3. dor11 / similac
4. bkkgal/similac
5. star70/ Nan 1HA
6. maruko/similac
7. p1nk1e/similac
8. frentee/Nan 1
9. happybee/ Enfalac
10. Jeannie/ Mamex gold

FM
1. leila / Nan 1ha
2. Jac / Nan 1HA
3. cheryl / nan 1

berry,
i have to leave home at 6+am in the morning. so it will be very rush to send her over to my mil's place. will end up giving more trouble to my in laws coz they gotta wake up early to receive the bb.

ya, agree w berry tat they grow up fast n everyday something new will happen.. Actually can try to take care by yourself at night? Tiring but very fulfilling.. Just no more late nights n must sleep early..

tute, hee.
gp never say he overweight. just say he feeding well.

re:weight
i left with 1 kg also before reaching my pre-preggie weight.was at the airport on fri. so i weigh myself using those weight machine meant for luggages.

tute, ya hor. maybe we sling too much that y managed to lose weight fast

re:sleep thr nite
wow!! so good!! can sleep th the nite. my Gervaise on avg only allow us to sleep for a max 4 -5 hrs.

dor

sama same, mine also let us slp the most is 4-5hr,

i shd start slinging him when carry him... cos i really cant carry him, he is abit too heavy liao... carry awhile my hand gets very tired. duh

jeannie
i surf while feeding else v sian leh... happen that i could open my eyes yesterday... haha..

pinkie
so envy. your bb can zzz thru.

re: weight
dunno isit because of bf, my appetite super good. and got craving to munch on tidbits. have put on 1kg in these 2 weeks. other mummies lose weight i gain weight. last time when i was preggie oso no craving, now then got craving.

eliaw/berry,
agree with you, now make me xin1 yang3 yang3. maybe must discuss with mil and hubby again on the arrangement.

vitaglo spree #1
pending payment from garfield, goodbaby, kelly, and Qoosan.
I will place order by tonight so that can receive them earlier.

vitaglo spree #2
CB Diaper Area Wash 6.5 OZ, $6.62
(1) jeannie

CB bubble bath light and happy 13 oz, $7.99

BUG REPEL SPRAY CITRONELLA, $7.92
(1) leila

BUG REPEL LOTN CITRONELLA 6.5 OZ, $6.69
(1) jeannie
(2) leila

SUNSCREEN SPF30 FRAG FREE, $11.82

SUNSCREEN SPF30+CITRONELA, $11.82

MOISTURIZING CREME 4 OZ, $8.83

SOOTHING & HEALING SPRAY 6.5 OZ, $6.69

SHMPOO/BDY WSH SWIM DEFNS 8.5 OZ, $6.62

SHAMPOO/BODY WASH 17.5 OZ, $11.82

==================================
Calendula Cream -- OOS, $7.48
(1) dor11
(2) goodbaby
(3) tongtong
(4) bkkgal

xiaoyun,
will try to transfer to you by today =) thanks!

bx,
we put A to bed on time, between 830pm and 9pm. trying to cultivate early sleeping habit =) she doesn't sleep thru to 7am though. sometimes wakes up once (tends to be around 4am recently), and sometimes twice (around 2am and 5am).

if you can manage nights that's the best! but if you can't also dun beat yourself up. can visit bb in the evening till bb goes to bed! then you will be able to spend more time.

bx, yeah, I guess its not easy to have a perfect solution, esp when your ILs are also affected to some extend. Do think about it tho, at the end of the day its your call what sacrifices and inconvenences are necessary/worthwhile. Whatever decision you make, the most important thing is not to regret them cause life and our kids' childhood is too short for that. As long as u are at peace and happy with your decision, its prob the right one.
happy.gif

Napless babies- I think my bb is definitely a member of the no-nap baby club LOL! He was napping fine when he is smaller, somehow decided to nap minimum these days. But then my older DD was like that, so I am used to it liao haha. I find my synergy Bjorn carrier terribly useful and very essential in this case, cause its light and airy texture allows me to use at home even when my aircon is not on. Also lets me be handsfree completely so that I can still get stuff done. So these days, I have my bb in my bjorn at least half to 3/4 of the entire day during daytime. My shoulders/back do get tired and aching of course, but it sure beats carrying bb by hand which will tire me even more. Like NOW, I am typing while bouncing bb in my Bjorn hehe. Its my life saver!

TBF
1. sunny
2. tongtong
3. Thankful
4. kitsune
5. Artemis
6. tute
7. Winnie
8. xiaoyun

Partial BF
1. bx / similac
2. garfield9 / isomil
3. dor11 / similac
4. bkkgal/similac
5. star70/ Nan 1HA
6. maruko/similac
7. p1nk1e/similac
8. frentee/Nan 1
9. happybee/ Enfalac
10. Jeannie/ Mamex gold
11. yipy/mamex gold

FM
1. leila / Nan 1ha
2. Jac / Nan 1HA
3. cheryl / nan 1

p1nk1e, my boy also have cradle cap on his scalp. I use J & J baby oil to rub his head then leave it for few hrs then wash off with shampoo. it works..u may try it.
i heard from someone tat the J&J shampoo will cause bb hair dry leh..

cheryl,
you still swaddle your baby? btw my baby no routine either...but nowadays he sleeps either around 7.30-9pm. once we on aircon, dim the lights easier for him to fall asleep...

bx,
same same...my appetite good too on cravings...i would normally have to snack around 10am and 4pm in between the big meals otherwise i'll be starving ! hmm...scared once i stop bf this is how i'm gonna gain weight... :p

dor,
lol you weigh yourself using those luggage scale! accurate or not?
if gp never say ur baby's overweight then it's ok...most importantly baby is happy...
slinging good exercise hor...
happy.gif
i've lost all my pregnancy weight but then before preg have gained quite a bit so hoping can loose more...heheh..

xiao yun,
yeah...the material of this pouch sling is quite rough...i think mine definitely too small, last night tried again and my son cried when i try to put him myself so this one will be wasted i think
sad.gif

hi mummies!

Fridge-to-go: do you know whether we should zip close the FTG bag and put in freezer or open up the bag and freeze in freezer?

bx,
seems my baby like to stay at nanny place, i also worried she dun want me. so everyday after work, i will go see her and play with her 1-2 hours.

Berry,
i cannot bring baby home everyday coz I am staying with in-laws at sin ming road. But nanny is at woodlands (near my mum). So now am looking for flat near my mum area or admiralty..see many houses also cannot get one..sian!

tute,
if we stop bf, sure will put on weight if we continue to eat alot. remember? Mrs wong bb say she bf so that she can eat alot.

u good leh, lost all pregnancy weight liao.

i thot nobody use mamex gold!!
I fed my girl nan 1 for awhile...but realize she dun poop very well with NAN. I now have a 1/2 tin full NAN 1. Any suggestions on what i can do with it?

re: milk
i used to give her the cheapo dumex dulac (only $10-11 per 900g tin). We bought that initially as the nurses told us that milk powder actually all the same...and also i was intending to TBF so it was just backup. Now, i give in and buy more 'expensive' milk powder only becuz i feel guilty for giving her cheapo milk powder!!!

TBF
1. sunny
2. tongtong
3. Thankful
4. kitsune
5. Artemis
6. tute
7. Winnie
8. xiaoyun

Partial BF
1. bx / similac
2. garfield9 / isomil
3. dor11 / similac
4. bkkgal/similac
5. star70/ Nan 1HA
6. maruko/similac
7. p1nk1e/similac
8. frentee/Nan 1
9. happybee/ Enfalac
10. Jeannie/ Mamex gold
11. yipy/mamex gold
12. lezy / mamex gold

FM
1. leila / Nan 1ha
2. Jac / Nan 1HA
3. cheryl / nan 1

p1nk1e,

Mine is a minnie.
happy.gif

baby sleeping time
Seems that all your babies sleep quite early. so envious. Mine only officially sleep at 2am.....cos no energy anymore by that time to fuss
sad.gif
How??? starting work soon.

TBF
1. sunny
2. tongtong
3. Thankful
4. kitsune
5. Artemis
6. tute
7. Winnie
8. xiaoyun

Partial BF
1. bx / similac
2. garfield9 / isomil
3. dor11 / similac
4. bkkgal/similac
5. star70/ Nan 1HA
6. maruko/similac
7. p1nk1e/similac
8. frentee/Nan 1
9. happybee/ Enfalac
10. Jeannie/ Mamex gold
11. yipy/mamex gold
12. sgwave / similac

FM
1. leila / Nan 1ha
2. Jac / Nan 1HA
3. cheryl / nan 1

e: type of milk
TBF
1. sunny
2. tongtong
3. Thankful
4. kitsune
5. Artemis
6. tute
7. Winnie
8. xiaoyun

Partial BF
1. bx / similac
2. garfield9 / isomil
3. dor11 / similac
4. bkkgal/similac
5. star70/ Nan 1HA
6. maruko/similac
7. p1nk1e/similac
8. frentee/Nan 1
9. happybee/ Enfalac
10. Jeannie/ Mamex gold
11. yipy/mamex gold
12. lezy / mamex gold
13. Vinegal/ Nan HA 1

FM
1. leila / Nan 1ha
2. Jac / Nan 1HA
3. cheryl / nan 1

Suckling of Hand/ drool and blow bubbles
My boi also Drool alot and blow bubbles, he also like to suck hand till got sound..to them it seems like very delicious!! haha

re: sucking hands
glad to know that my ger is normal, like the rest of the babies.

do we need to stop them if they put their hands into their mouths?

bx

i tried to remove his hand but somehw he put back into his mouth again... but last 2 day no more sucking. but stil tend to put his hand toward his mouth

nonid to envy me gals... i have my set of 'problems' too lor...
my boy will cry if he can't sleep, like if we bring him out...
nowdays bring him out only quite cranky... wasn't like that previously.

any moms home alone with their bb? i'm having problems with lunch... no time to cook
sad.gif

can share share how you ladies manage?
happy.gif

p1nk1e

yah, but, cannot buy too much also..some of her clothes getting smaller already..

She was born on 23 Feb? Yours is when?

sgwave,
hehe.. me always tempted to spree one.. but girls more choices le..

mine 22 feb!! 1 day earlier.. hehe
but all pisces bbs :p

btw u SAHM or FTWM? when going back work?

Re: Birth control
Gynae has adviced not to take birth control pill as still breastfeeding. You gals start to plan for precaution method? I am thinking of calculate ovulation date but dunno how?

pinkie

although i m not breastfeeding but i see my body i already wanna faint, i duno hw my hb going to react. lol... imagine my stretch mark and the patches mark from my rashes when i preg. duh

p1nk1e
Haven't weigh or measure her since the last PD visit. can use measuring tape ba!

tongtong,
From the demo trailer, think can fold and put the whole bag in. seems doesn't matter whether zip up or not, cos i think the pigeon fridge to go can take out just the cooling unit and freeze.

what size you have bought? Was looking at it yesterday but cannot decide what size to get 'cos scared too small cannot fit in the pump and containers.

How are you going to sterilise your pumps at work? Thought of just putting the pump back into the fridge to go and reuse. dunno can or not.

sgwave,

i am using Medela micro-steam bag to sterilise my pump at work. Its quite convenience, just need to put in microwave for 3 mins..Only can get this at KK pharmacy

p1nk1e,

yalor,if breastmilk leaking then where still got mood rite :p Also my jelly tummy also put me off, imagine my husband will faint.LOL

Cheryl,
I got baby phobia lei, cannot imagine got 2nd one now..somemore if went thru c-section, must wait for 2 years rite?

happybee,
ha nor... i think only also put off by liaoz...
not even thinking of #2 yet!

sgwave,
same here... 2wks ago, tried the most primitive method - weigh myself (argh) and me + baby and take the difference...
lenth, can't really measure cos he keeps kicking :p

re: sterilize pumps
i haven't gone back to work so dunno how inconvenient, but i think better to sterilize since it's for bb's consumption...
i did try putting my milk collection shells into a lock n lock so i can re-use, but not anymore
happy.gif

Back