(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

kam
not gross....kids should enjoy pooing mah hor
i will raise 2 thumbs up and say good job, wah! etc whenever he makes the "domp!" sound to encourage him to release all out...
my maid says never seen someone like me so excited about poo. but no choice, no engage = dun like to poo

eh mummies
x2 started to have crossed eye since the weekend...until now. previously not crossed eye one de leh....
any cause for concern, and need to bring her see PD or not ah?

Pixie
Oic. I din try b4. Usually we soak n hand scrub the stains. Maybe I buy tat powder for stains. But dun think need to put in machine.

Chaye
Oh yah, some old pple like tat. Luckily my hb not pantang. Sometimes I soak my undies, he will even handwash for me!! Haha...

chaye,
my JB photoshoot in End Oct. Sept gg to select/fit gown
happy.gif
gotta cut down on supper so that my face looked v-shape else later pong pong not so nice/photogenic:p

wah mom2nat,
yr hb v good. my hb don't even wash any clothes, let alone my undies!

pixie
x2 got crossed eye ? When will be her next assessment or jab ? Can ask the doc for advice.

Wah mom2nat
your hubby so good wash your undies too ! hahaha Last time we no maid he wash his I wash mine hor. Now with maid he wont even lift a finger.

Laundry is the topic ah?

I think my laundry style is similar to Mom2nat. Adults and kids separately, and for adults, dark and light colours clothing separately. I just follow my mum's way lah... I think like that clothes maybe can last longer??? Especially the colour staining part, I am very worry.

Ya loh, old wives' myth that when we have menses especially, we are not "clean" so cannot wash with men's clothes... In olden days, women are really 2nd class citizens.

Mom2Nat,
YOur hubby is really good leh.
happy.gif

My hubby won't touch my underwear too, not even helping to hang loh. He will hang other clothes and when left my underwear, he will just walk away. :p

Chaye,
I was upset the other day. Coz I was handling 2 kids alone and managed to put them to sleep at 10pm+. But I happened to fell asleep with them too. I knew my hubby came back at 11pm+ but I could not wake up until like 1am+. I saw he turning off his com and walk to bedroom. Then he can just tell me that laundry is not washed yet, since now I wake up, ask me to wash. I was like what?? Just now from 11pm to 1am, you sit in front of com and don't bother to help me with laundry? Now I overslept to 1am+ and you asked me to wash laundry??? The whole thing takes 1 hr leh... Damn angry loh. In the ended, I really slept at 3am... sianz leh, these guys.
sad.gif

hiyo krystle, hugsss...u really wake up & wash till 3am...gosh...must be zombie or rather half-alert when the laundry done? That feeling shrucks
sad.gif

Krystle/steph/chaye
Trick ur hbs say wash ur hbs maybe will strike Toto!!! Hee...
Last time I used to soak my bra n panties each time I bathe. Sometimes forget to wash, he v neat person, dun like things lying ard, so will wash up. After sometime, he went NTUC, bot a bra net!! Tell me next time put into the net and into the machine!! I say later the wire spoil. He say dun expect it to last forever, spoil but new ones lah!!!

mon2nat,
yr hb really champion! bra net u also know. I doubt my hb knows bra net, maybe seen one but wont ever suggest me to use it cos he know very well i know what i need
happy.gif
I decide for all toiletries brand/type except when come to air purifier, he is v particular abt smell:p

krystle
Some men r like tat de. Why dun u wash the next day? stay up just to wash clothes and sacrifice your sleep is not worth. Unlike Mom2nat's hubby so good can even buy bra net for her ! hahaha How he know huh?

chaye
these few days then crossed de leh. my fren checked with PD before. said 4-6 mths eye will re-focus so no need to worry first. ok lah, after 6mths still crossed then i chiongz to PD liao

Chaye / steph
He v Bo Liao one. He not into electronic gadgets, but household stuffs last time. Cos we used to go supermkt once a wk, he will find things he need. He even buy compartment to make my undies neater in the drawers!! Weird hor

taking about laundry...

there was once i wash a full load of hb's socks & undies (load for 2wks+!!! 5sets of socks & 8 to 9 undies!!!) sound gross but yes u r right cos he forgotton to remind me to wash as he put these inside a pail! Luckily he did not soak else i can't imagine the smell...erksss...then i was so angry cos i hate to wash all these pile up laundry & all need to scrub...i was grumbling n grumbling until i buay tahan walk up to him & threaten him...I will throw your laundry (socks & undies) away if u've forgotton to remind me to wash it the next time!!!:p am i v bad or what? haiz...

Talking abt laundry, I wash the kids clothes, adults lights n darks all separately. My machine runs everyday, sometimes more than once a day.
When I was living with my mum she used to make us hand wash our own undies. When I got married, hb not the pantang type so just throw everything together n wash.

During my #1 confinement, my CL asked if she can wash our clothes together or muz separate. Hb looked at her like she was mad....haha

Btw mummies, now reporting from hospital. Got warded cos platelets too low. My poor girls will be very upset for the next few days.

grumpus,
take gd care & hope u recover soon! my uncle also kena like your case & he needed a blood transfusion! now still in hospital monitoring his situation (coming 2wks already) my mom so worried
sad.gif

My uncle is close to 65 & older age made him more critical as his platelets drop too drastic n almost in coma leh! Recover rate also slower due to his age
sad.gif

I always tot being a teacher v sian cos need to wake up v early n reach sch b4 7.30am. How I know now I oso need to wake up 5+!!! and maybe for the next 10 yrs!
I miss those carefree days that I can sleep until 11am

Grumpus, hope you get well soon. I know the feeling of being hospitalised when the little ones at home need you. Really feels terrible.

I had to wean off RL abruptly then. So thankful that she already decided to stop latching on after 12.5 months so that made the process easier.

Mom2nat, haha, you are lucky, wa, I haven't had those carefree sleep until 11am days since 2007.
sad.gif
If I sleep till 11am nowadays, it means I had a terrible night before with the gals and combined sleep less than 5 hrs. :p

RaeAnne is 3.5 years officially today. Sigh, yesterday she refused to sleep after 1 hr, defiant when I talk to her, tried to beat me, then when I scold her, cry, cough and vomitted on the bed, end up dirtying the bedsheets again. Lost my temper at her and handled her roughly. Feel guilty now.
sad.gif

pauline
*hugs* Rylee sometimes also very defiant, but never cry until vomit lah. When she's defiant, i sometimes will lose it too and then regret. Like i posted in FB, sometimes i think i forgot she's only 3.5yo cos of her height and her apparent maturity in talking and her train of tots. I can understand on u scolding her when she refused to sleep. But actually, it's cos we, as moms, feel kan cheong when they dont sleep. I'm also like this, sometimes i find myself still calculating total no of hours she has slept. Sigh. But i tell myself not to be kan cheong now. Must must must have patience even if she takes up to 1hour to fall asleep on the bed. And i try to control my own voice cos i find she's imitating me.
sad.gif

Yday damn suay, drove to wanchai to attend the annual HK Book fair (many many books, story books, workbooks, etc at more than 50% discount!) and changed lane illegally (straight line) without seeing the TP...aiyoh, cursed at myself cos usually i'm very careful to spot if got TP around...kena fine HK$450 and deduct 3 points! So angry with myself.

grumpus
aiyoh, pls rest well, but i guess u would be worrying about the girls? TRY to sleep more to let ur body fight the dengue virus

Thanks, mylife. Sigh, she gets me upset easily when she tries to beat me or beat the things around me to show her displeasure. Yet, she wants only me to put her to sleep. That plus I want my me time after she falls asleep and I got no time in the day to even switch on my laptop, That's why I get very pek chek when she doesn't sleep. In hindsight, maybe it's because she is still too hyper after going to Ikea cos she keeps whining that she wanted to go so I decided to be nice to her and we went there after dinner and came back at 930pm. Tried to put them to bed at 10.10pm, 11pm still not sleepy, think she was over stimulated. :p

mylife/pauline
Fully understand what you mean. We are the ones who are kan cheong. Then we start to frus if child refuse to fall asleep fast. We wanted more me time after child fall asleep ma right ? Haha Mylife, I do calculate the no. of hours of sleep when he falls asleep too. Wondering if it's enough. Dont worry ladies, you are not alone.

Anyone experienced blood in breastmilk? I din pump these few days so I dunno. But bb spit up a little, light brownish. Dunno isit blood from my milk or wat

pauline
ahhhh...tat makes sense lah. Rem we read that babies need to have down time before falling asleep? brain needs to tune down first mah. U are very right to say we need our me time too. Then i think i got that when she's in school, so i just off lights and talk to her more patiently now. but more like sleepy answers so she'll get bored...works most of the time. And i told hubby one hour prior to bedtime, die die dont play rough with her. I'm prepared to let her sleep 10ish or even 11ish when she's in sg. now thinking if i can bring her to Lion King show when we're in sg...but 8pm leh. a bit late right?

chaye
yah me always either kan cheong she not enuff sleep or kan cheong cos i wan me time sigh....

this mickey live is when ah? we have one in aug in hk too. is it like singing dancing kind?

Mylife, my day time me time is 'gone with the maid'. Today, I'm free cos I'm running errands for hubby, meeting my maid agent to claim back the extra levy we paid, buy a raincoat for RL, go for slimming, go for tuina etc etc. :p

Thanks mummies
happy.gif

Am still in hospital. My mum managed to feed #2 60ml of formula using the bottle early this morning. Day time she is with me in hospital n I still latch her. #1 cried loudly for me but when #2 started crying too she quickly stopped n dried her tears cos she didn't want mei mei to cry. So proud of her
happy.gif

Steph,
Yes, dengue is not contagious unless the mosquito bite me then bite my girl. In fact breastfeeding is good cos my girl is getting the antigens
All the drs n nurses encourage me to continue n even put big big on my chart still breastfeeding so tat they'll be extra careful with any meds tat may be prescribed.

pauline
wahhhh u so slim still go for slimming???

chaye
ohh, then i think it's the same one that HK is having in Aug

grumpus
i read oredi i also feel proud for u about lexie. so guai!
happy.gif

Hi grumpus,

Take care n get well soon. u r gd, still able to Bf ur #2
happy.gif
my Sis got dengue last time and got admitted also. I rem she felt too weak to do anything, so just kept resting.

Your #1 is such a sweet n understanding cheh cheh!

Mummies of 2/3,
can you advice for your younger's birthday party, how do you avoid any possible unhappiness on your elder one? For eg, if you buy birthday present, do you buy for the elder kid too? If you order a balloon bouquet, do you order another one for your elder kid?

Thanks a lot!

Back