(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

kam: u start wrk on thur? so fast hor! wishing u all the best! wher is ur new wrklocation?

btw, experienced BF Mummies, any feedback on avent or medela breastpumps? i ams till considering if i shld get a second hand one or brand new one. coz brand new medela freestyle from us is $450-500.

medela freestyle is good. two thumbs up. its been 8 mths & i'm still pumping 2x at work.

get from Tan Leng Leng's spree, more reliable. if i recall correctly i paid 460+ including shipping.

pixie, yes. i saw TLL spree. used to be childlife vitamins from her.

so when r u going bac work? X2 will be lok after solely by ur maid?

aqua
x2 looked after by my mom for 2 days (she will come down), another 2 days i deposit to my mil (maid tags along), friday i off

kitsune / aqua,
Thanks! Yes, very fast, no break in between. If I can choose, I would love to have 2 weeks break, but oh well, I can always take leave later :) I don't want to say too much about my job here lah, too public liao, I PM you, okay.

pixie,
From the sketches, the playground looks really big and fun! Probably the next most popular family hang out place, soon.

Oh, you join Science centre membership liao ah. Good for you! If I happen to bring the kids there, I will SMS you.

krystle,
Ya lor, I agree, Lourve is sooooo big and too much things to see. Usually tourists will only see those few highlighted ones, Mona Lisa is one of them. It's always crowded, and yes, can only admire from afar. National Arts Gallery at London has some Monet's pieces also. And Van Gough's sunflowers, among many other big names.

Yvonne,
Wah, so romantic, B was made in Switzerland ah LOL! Depending on what you like to see loh. Guess London is perfect for city sightseeing. But if you are more into country/nature thingy, then London has nothing much to offer. But England also have other nice cities/country sites to visit leh.

Kam,
So fast moving into your new job liao. Good luck!

I have always wanted to visit London but hb say boring...so I'm reading up on the travel guides to see if it's a suitable place for us since we're bringing B along.

Aqua
I love avert Isis manual pump, so far gives the best letdown for me.

Kitsune
Oops!!! I guessed wrongly!! Poi Ching v high Standard for mandarin. My house within 1pm only have Pasir ris pri n Whitesands pri.

Yvonne
I also told hb I miss Europe. But dun think can go in the near future. U shd go again n have another made in...

Hey Kam
All the best to your new job. Smooth smooth ya !
I'm planning to bird park on 10 June with our company's pass. Guess the playground will not be ready by then le.

re : Lourve Museum
We got lost in Paris by taking their metro. Wanted to go to Lourve but duno end up where and saw a crazy man keep talking to us and followed us all the way. So scared leh. We hope on bus he also followed, finally hubby ask him stop following us and he actually stopped. This happened 10yrs ago le.

re : Diaper free
Me too thought T is not ready cos every morning his diaper is very full. But before we start to go diaper free, we talk to him for a few nights to prepare him and one night finally he said I dun want to wear diaper. Initially a few nights of accident and that's it.
happy.gif

Yvonne / Chaye,
Thanks!

Chaye,
Ya, don't think the playground will be ready by then. But you are using company pass mah, free one, never mind lah, hehe.

Krystle,
London 3 days, Paris 4 days. Waited for this opportunity for 5 years, GE went there a few times but never coincide with school hols.
Don't think hubby will plan anything romantic. He is already making plans to visit London's Chinatown. Then told me day tour opt for half day tour can liao. Anyway, I booked a day to Bicester Village.

Re: Mona Lisa
Only at lourve at Paris. Blackbatz going there right?
Read somewhere recently that there are plans to move MOna Lisa to a private room.

Blackbatz,
News said Iceland volcanic ash is covering British airspace again...
sad.gif
hope by the time you go, it will be ok.
Reminded me of the same thing last year. I also went when the volcanic ash was not settled yet... But luckily it was ok and my flights not cancelled.

Twinkystar,
I heard of shuguu shoes. Did they have an outlet in suntec?
But I never buy before so not sure if they are good.

Aiyo...I hope it does not spread to Paris cos my flight is to Paris..After landing to Paris, then take Eurostar to London. Sigh..I hope nothing happens.

When I went in 1997, Lourve museum workers happened to be on strike, so got to visit it for free. Mona Lisa was not what I really liked, I want to see the other things in the museum. Was thinking of venturing to Picasso museum but not wise for me to travel alone in Paris. May try the National Art Gallery to see the Monet pieces.

mom2nat, both Ngee Ann and Poi Ching are SAP primary schools so all the kids must take higher Chinese. St Nicholas is also SAP Pri right? Is Nat taking higher Chinese there? Is she coping well?

Blackbatz, good luck & have fun.
happy.gif
Europe won't be on my radar screen until the gals can appreciate museums - upper primary I guess? :p Unless me and hubby can go on our own for Europe like you, then I don't mind, cos always wanted to visit Italy, Venice.
happy.gif

<font color="#C12267">Hi mummies,

I am creating some flashcards in English and Chinese, on powerpoint using Glenn Doman and some of my own words. I just started, currently there are "wild animals" and "birds" for you to download.

I am sharing with fellow mummies for FREE. Help me share with your friends if you think these are useful
happy.gif

Visit the FB page below to view instructions on downloading the slides:
www.facebook.com/sgmothers

Sample slides:

board-post.cgi

board-post.cgi

board-post.cgi
</font>

alamak! my maid is not coming liao, after i paid my agent n insurance n done all the admin processing. she said her hb dun allow and she dunwan come now.

any advice, mummies?

oh dear aqua...sorry to hear that. Although i no maid, my coll told me that u could go back to agent &amp; ask agent to look for another maid asap! When is yr due date...enough time to train her?

The thread is so quiet nowadays...

steph, yes. very sian. after waiting 2 mths, finally find someone ok n willing wrk no off days. now mus search all over again!!!

my due shld be midaug, usu processing time is 1-2 mths.

yah. so quiet now? wher are the mummies?

actualli, when she told me she juz got married in jan2011, i had a feeling she 'maynt come' coz usu new couple juz married, so lovey dovey. so sort of ' predict' tis may happen. but she sounded a nice girl n assured me she is willing to come n earn more $...
sighs... sad eh

Aqua, yes definitely should go back to complain to agent. Actually maid biz now very difficult to do, a lot of times, agent pay air tickets a few times but the maids cannot leave the manila airport. Now even my regular agent dun want to do new maids now, only transfer. :p

kitsune, my agent onli have 1 bio for me to choose. and that lady requested off, most likely i wont take!
but will she refund me if i cant hav a replacement?
and is the agent suppose to give me another replacement maid with the same salary n terms?

Aqua, depends on the agency's terms n conditions, I always check first about replacement. But even if she can find you a new maid, may not be at same salary n terms cos some maids die die want off day, some more informed may want higher salary. Maybe u can be more flexi on this eg no off day after baby born until baby is 1 yr old. That way, u have a better choice of maids. :p

Twinkystar,
Shuguu is from Bangkok? Oh I did not know. But definitely saw the name before and I thought they have an outlet here. Maybe I am mistaken. Sorry.

Aqua,
Aiyo sad that you have to go thru the screening process again. No choice have to choose again. But how come your agent has so little BIO?? Like Kitsune said, salary and off days may not be the same. Very hard to get a maid w/o off. I have to give my maid off day from 6 mths onwards.. I find it ok lah, only 1 day/mth. If you strictly want no off day, maybe got to pay slightly more to compensate bah...

Steph,
Thread is quiet ah? Sorry, these few days I am super busy. Cannot come in to chat during office hours
sad.gif

eh mummies anyone know if takahi brand is a good brand? in terms of rice cooker. i vaguely remember my mom has one for eons years and never spoilt...

Pixie, I dun have takahi rice cooker BUT I have the takahi slow cooker, served us well for many years but the claypot inside is starting to leak so got to keep topping up with water when cooking porridge or may end up with rice. :p

My own rice cooker is Tiger with the non stick cooking pot inside. Working fine since I got married in Jan 2005. 6 yrs liao.
happy.gif

Krystle, I think very little bio to choose from now cos Filipino govt dun allow their citizens to come out and work here unless we pay min pay of SGD600. But which employer will pay so high? So a lot of undertable and undercover activities go on to get them out of the country. Plus the other countries like HK, Taiwan do pay much higher and with off day every WEEK so we are not attractive employers lor. Plus, some maids dun like to work in sg cos they think we are fussy and hard to please. :p

Hi mummies,

I am also looking for a new maid. My current one wants to go home to get married. She says she want to come back to work for me, but i doubt she will come back after just getting married.
luckily, my friend recommend me her agent who is the boss also.

Any mummies can share their maid agent's contact with me? I need to find one to do my helper's insurance + paperwrk for her hm leave...GamXia!

Aqua
My fren got "tua" 3 times. Cos 3 diff phil maids she chose last min dun wan to come. V difficult to get maids now, imagine getting good ones. Last time I dun allow off n Hp, but now I give my new maid. Now the maid's know market rate, will b unhappy even if they agreed to no Hp or off initially. Now more asking 2 days or everywk off.

So though I try to treasure my current maid more!! Haha..

Aqua, mom2nat, this morning my maid also trying to negotiate for higher pay, told me that STD rate should be $500-$600. I told her straight that I cannot afford to pay that kind of salary, childcare costs even less plus I am not working. If she wanted that kind of salary, should have told me then no need to apply for home leave, just buy one way ticket for her.

Anyway, I am prepared that if she doesn't come back, I will put Raeanne in full day cc and get ILs to look after Mei Mei when I need to work. Cheaper than hiring maid cos $380+$170 already $550 exclusive of her other expenses whereas full day cc is $520. :p

kitsune, u are lucky in a way coz RL is bigger, easier for ur inlaws to handle her. i m expecting a newborn, dunwan to put at infantcare, so i need a maid to help bbsit.

Moreover, if RA is happy in the cc, i tink it is better for them to go sch, than stay home! my girl cant adapt to cc coz she is frequently sick, so she is the type who mus go 3hr class! i tink she learnt so much more in cc, go 3 hr class is more for fun -play, quite a waste of $.

nw new maid also expecting $420 n 1 off. shannonbaby: how much is ur new maid getting?

Aqua, when I hired my maid in 09, RL not even born yet. 1 week after joining me, she also said she want to go back to Philippines cos she missed home but my agent managed to counsel her. But luckily that time Philippines still under old govt, so no min wage, otherwise I sure cannot afford to get a maid. Plus I am lucky that I am SAHM so in a way can supervise the maid closely.

Just now, spoke to my agent, she told me if maid say she doesn't want to come back. Make her pay back my $280 for home leave application plus airticket (Manila back to Sg) then send her back. Luckily, her work permit not due yet so I haven't pay for renewal.

But I dun want to cut off all ties yet, still want to give her a chance, in case she is just saying to try and fish for higher pay but not serious.

So, my agent said she will call me tonight and let her maid talk to mine. Cos her maid actually went to join another agency to get higher pay (work for Caucasians $400+), end up 'beg' her to take her back at lower pay $380. Cos agent cheated her and transfer her all over the place plus not happy when working with the Caucasian family.

I already tried to psycho RA a few times that she sleeps in school but she is still not willing. The principal suggested easing her in Oct cos by next yr, she has to be in full day prog for Nursery class. But if the maid really doesn't come back then bo bian got to bring forward the plan lor.

She is also always sick both at PG and now at CC, every month sick once so far then spread to Mei Mei &amp; whole family. I should get bulk discount from my GP.
sad.gif

Hi aqua,

Your gal used to be in cc at jalan tiga? U took her out becos she always fall sick? That cc no good? Think ard this area, that is one of the more affordable one? The rest are super premium...

Pauline,
Can you withhold her last month salary in case she does not return? If she withdraws every single cent, then unlikely to return.

blackbatz, she has a POSB savings a/c and she will keep the min balance of $500. I will hold onto her atm card as guarantee for payment cos she is supposed to pay me for the returning airticket but she has no spare cash. So, I told her if she doesn't come back, she'll lose her $500 plus the $100 bonus I promised her.

But my maid is the emotional type, sometimes can't think straight, her heart may rule her head, and she may forego everything here cos if she gets her $500-$600 salary that she wants, it only means 1 month salary. :p

YoHOOOO, "MYSTERY MUMMY" spotted in FB. Heehee, she is having twins!!! Congrats to u ;) Happy for u!!

pixie,
I juz msg u via FB on the info but dunno why received this msg "Msg not found". I wonder is it sent?? Let me know, if not, I re-send ok.

Back