(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

mom2nat,
yes after massage will hv more lochia cos the massage and binding helps to contract the uterus and the hot stone breaks down old clots. i always get fresh gushes after massage.

Grumpus
Tks for clarifying. I got worried as I got gushes like u mentioned!! I read from Internet, shd b v little by day 10. I gave birth 2 wks+, now suddenly c more, q scary. Just now I ask jameela, she say it's good, clean up.

My tummy still v flabby leh, unlike u n pixie, flat after massage... Sigh... Dunno how to get rid

Mom2nat
aiyah until now I still have little bit of blood ok!! And I'm oredi 5weeks liao after delivery. Siao rite? Yesterday I was cramping ok!! Then some fresh blood came out. My uterus still contracting?
Dun worry lah, my stomach got smaller n smaller with bfding leh...

And grumpus is right. After massage I have lots of blood discharge one de. Coz jameela press it down to purge out mah

pixie, mom2nat,
eh u all dun complain. for my #1 i bled for 8wks! for #2, now 12 wks already and still bleeding!!
but my case special lah, went gynae to check and i hv some medical issue, now taking hormone pills to try and resolve.....xianz...

Wah grumpus champion lor

did u realised that only new mummies us - u, me, mom2nat most active in the thread? And we are supposed to be more bz with our newborn leh!!!
happy.gif

I wan to join the durian buffet at goodwood Park hotel if u all dun mind...

Nowadays kept thinking of buffet to destress...haha

Mom2nat,
Haha, u're right. We bf so frequently tat it's boring n we end up surfing.
Or maybe cos we're the ones with no life, stuck at home with bb.

Hehe, I used to post in the middle of the night when bf too but nobody awake at jan08 thread then so I had to post at dec09 thread. ;p

mylife,
oh dear, that's bad. Maybe you should see a doctor or try TCM? I need my 7-8 hours sleep every night else I can't operate in the day and become grouchy. I don't/can't sleep in the day cos it gives me headaches so die die must sleep at night.

Naf
I stay in Pasir ris. U stay in the east too?

Yvonne
Wah, u sleep so much ah? I get abt 5-6 hrs a night only. I nap in the day sometimes. Now bf lagi less sleep.

Mylife
U think too much b4 u sleep isit? I find I can't sleep when my mind cant rest.

Morning mummies,

Mom2nat,

my bb coming to 7 months old, i pump fully for 6 months lor, my tummy still flabby.....duh....

mom2nat
no leh. i stoned also cananot sleep. Sigh, also dunno. I think my problem is i NEED to break the vicious cycle. I had little sleep at night, so during the day, when Rylee naps, i'll nap too, BUT sometimes if i tahan, and try not to sleep in order to be able to sleep earlier at night, i crashed around 8-9pm while putting Rylee to bed, and THEN i jolted awake at 11plus or 12plus, and then cant go back to sleep until 3-4am. Taake for eg last night, i put rylee to bed around 9pm. I was sitting up and consciously reminded myself NOT to zzz, but the next thing i know, i woke to find myself slouching down (cos i was sitting up earlier and must have slid down aft i fell asleep), looked at the time and realised it's 1207am!. Cant sleep aft that till 420am and today wake up at 8am to bring Rylee to school. I'd imagined later i'm gonna have a hard time NOT sleeping with her during the nap
sad.gif

Yvonne
got think of going to TCM, and acupuncture but 1)dunno if it'll work 2)have u went thru thinking and thinking of doing something but never get around to doing it? like there's always smtg hindering ie no time, forgets, etc. I know, it's excuses lah but maybe i'm just the world's worst procrastinator.
happy.gif
Ever thot of going to a sleep clinic too (western) but they'd need me to spend a few nights at the hospital to assess me which is next to impossible.

Luvv
But u lost weight while bf right? I think my flab need to be cut up! Been with me for years.

Mylife
Try not to use comp or play games b4 sleeping. Keeps me alert. I hate to fall asleep when putting my girl to bed last time, cos end up like u, wake up refreshed! My hb was like tat too. Sometimes wake up giddy! So we make her sleep on her own, unaccompanied. Took a while, but free up our time oso.

Mom2nat,
I usually sleep from 11pm to 7am so that gives me 8 hours.

mylife,
I think TCM helps, can give it a try. My hb is the one with the sleeping problem...he sleeps around 11-12am and sometimes wakes up at 3-4am to watch tv! He says he can't go back to sleep and watching tv for 30 mins or longer helps him to get sleepy again. I told him it's due to stress which he denies but he usually experience that during he's busy periods. I think the brain is not resting and he's still thinking about work cos I do get sleepless nights once in a while when I have something on my mind which I can't figure out or let go.

Mom2nat,
yah lost weight but my tummy still big lor! Cos my #1 classmate's mother asked me recently when am i DUE? DUH....

Wah mummies jialatz leh my menses came back??!
I bleeding fresh blood leh...n it's like normal menses...but my ss no drop!!
Dunno menses or lochia?? Zzzzzzz

Pixie
Call gynae n ask. Heard bf mom's mensus more unpredictable.

Luvv
Hmmm... How insensitive to ask u tat. Maybe I rounded all over, won't b so obvious!! Hee... But c myself naked in morrior really can cry. Wat a big sacrifice for motherhood.

Mylife,
I totally share your situation on zzz after putting Rylee to sleep. Coz I also zzz after (or sometimes even before) putting my girl to bed. hahahaa. Usually my girl sleeps at 10pm and then I fell asleep. Will automatically wake up 11pm+, take bath, wash laundry, surf net and then zzz again at 1am. One thing good is that I still can zzz at 1am before coz day time no nap lah. Your body must have been used to this cycle so it takes time to adjust. See a TCM and see if it helps. Or is there anything that will definitely put you to sleep? Like reading a book?

Pixie,
Normally if breastfeed, no menses right? Hmm, sounds weird... scared if got internal bleeding so better call your gynae and see what she says. Just started today? Is it alot?

Grumpus, mom2nat, me at kembangan...

Pixiepixel, tat time me also...think tally stop ard 6 or 7 wks like tat...

Krystle
started on sat...flow quite heavy. Fresh blood. Some march mummies also same prob and their gynae says lochia wor
ok I just take it it's lochia heehee

Pixie,
If flow is heavy, I think should be lochia too. If you do not experience any tummy pain etc.., I think should be ok... Take care ya.

Pixie,
Take it as menses then monitor when u get again. If one mth then ok, if less than one mth better go check. Tats the prob I'm having now. Even though bf-ing my lining keeps growing, when it gets too thick it starts shedding but is not menses. Mine can bleed again after one wk. Gynae said no good tat's y currently on hormone pills to try n control.

Dear mummies,

Is it after we become mother. We lose our identity in the marriage. I hate it when my husband blame me for jagaing the kids properly. When they fight, started to cry. It become my fault.

I 不甘心today. I scolded him back and he slapped me back. This is not the first time he lay hands on me. I felt so upset, really want to just end everything but like what u guys been saying. Must think for the sake for kids.... Why is it like that...

Kellie
So sorry to hear abt this. Well, I think it's true women are more on the losing end lor. When I was younger, I sure wan to fight it out n win. But as we have kids n more reliant on our hbs, sometimes gotta close 1 eye.

However, hitting is not acceptable to me. Errr... I might hit him back ah! Sigh... He must have hurt u badly inside. Try to hind a chance to talk abt ur relationship n kids n issues. Dun b rush just end it like that.

Kellie,
So sorry to hear about this. This is so wrong. In my opinion, it's not about hitting back. Quarrel and unhappy must never resort to violence.

Did he hit you in front of kids? I'm sure you don't want children to learn / pick up from him that it is alright for daddy to hit mummy. Any possibility of family violence over at in laws side? Has it ever happened before you got married? I'm quite worried and shocked about to hear it. You must really find a chance to resolve this issue of hitting and see counsellor where possible. It is for your long term sanity sake.

Kellie, sorry to hear this. R u ok? Try to talk to him when he calms down.

Mom2nat, how old r ur 2 other kids? How do u find time to cope to handle the other 2? Am feeling tired & drained nowadays with 3 of them esp need to teach #1 & #2 (as he jus started school n teacher said he has a lot to catch up since now then started school) I need more time!

Mom2nat,

I stayed with in laws, so they sure will step in and scold both us. I feel guilty to see my kids got frighten but I super bu Fu qi lor. As usual, my mil sure said that I should lun more since he working now sure very stressful.

Having kids is really very stressful at times.

Kellie so sorry to hear abt ur probs. I wud be very gungho to say "I wud leave him if I were u" but right now I really understand it's tough to do so. Say is say. Do is a another thing all together
u think thru properly what u shld do next. No right or wrong answers though
If you need any help pls let us know? We are all very resourceful. Heehee mummies are all resourceful lar

BlackBats & naf,

Consuelling is not possible for us. My hubby is those close minded type one.

In his thinking, we women are always the trouble maker and problematic. He do loves the kids very much, so that is the only part I can 安尉 myself.

Pixie,

Even I am in this suitation, I still Have hope in our marriage. I am just super unhappy with him and I want him to appreciate my efforts more. Dun always put me down in my efforts as a mother and a sahm now.

I also hope your marriage can work out. Afterall, our life no longer the same as before. Hope I won't offend you.

Kelli
In laws n parents oso another prob. Dun listen too much to them. My mil always tell me lun when we quarrel oso. ViOlence not right lor, so can't be bcos of kids u just Ren. When I cry, my kids feel v sad n sob too, can't imagine how hurt ur kids r when they saw wat happened. U have decades more to go thru with ur hb, think u gotta work things work.

Naf
My #1 is in pri 1, 7yr old this yr. #2 is 3yr old n #3 is 2 wks old. #1 goes sch from 6.30am-3pm. #2 goes 8-1030am. The siong time is afternoons n nights, esp when #2 din nap for the day, I can't coach #1 or get her do hw or even nap myself.

I will b v grouchy cos maid needs to cook n I need to handle them. My mil comes by sometimes on weekdays to watch over the kids. But I need to b ard, or else war ah. #1 n #2 keep running ard the house. My fren told me if can't cope, 1 child prob has to go childcare or need to stagger timing. Frankly I haven't experience the full blown siong when confinement lady leaves n I need to bf n 2 kids running add yet!!!
Do u have help at home??

Hi, Kellie, sorry to hear that he hit you. Hugs. i think it is the wrong way for him to express anger instead of working things out in a civilised manner. But some men have anger management issues and it has never been resolved when they were younger. :p

I've read before that some men lose respect for their wives who become SAHM cos they face pressure at work as sole breadwinner but after work, they also can't relax cos the wives bother and offload them with the daily issues of looking after the children. They find it stressful to be handling both work and home issues. I know it's unfair cos SAHM also have our problems and we need a supportive spouse too.

But if your hubby is not supportive of you being a SAHM, maybe you want to consider letting your ILs look after the kids or putting them in CC and going back to work now that your kids are a bit older. Your no. 2 is turning 18 mths in 2 months like mine right?

Mom2nat, same! My most stressful timing was 5-6pm when the kids are getting restless after playing for a while after their naps and the maid needs to cook. Sometimes, I rather do the cooking and get the maid to watch the kids during this period. Now, because I still have tingkat until end April so not so bad lar. :p

Agree with all that life is different after having kids. Have to think for them and sometimes felt sorry for myself and kids afte quarrel. I tried to talk to hb when he is in good mood but nowadays with him so stress at work & me stress at home...can't talk! Heh...

Mom2nat, my eldest K2 tis yr & #2 N2 but duno much (my fault as din spend much time with him). Am stayin with my parents but mostly I am taking care of the kids on my own since I quit as dun wan to tired my mum out but I felt so drained recently & stress becuz #1 goin pri 1 next yr an #2 duno much alphabets or numbers & #3 quite sticky to me ESP nap/sleep time and am bfeedin her. And I lose my temper easily these days when they misbehave or dun listen to me...haiz...am also considering sending#2 to childcare but he falls sick more easily compare to #1 & also cling on to Kor Kor so he wont want to go...and if send one to am and the other to pm class, they may look for each other...or I wait till #2 is settle in school forthis term then aft jun holiday, let Kor Kor go pm class since pri 1 is also pm session...also duno whether like tat do can work out or not....stress stress!

Btw, mummies who bought the leapfrog phonics (which one ah) fr pixiepixel sister, does it help in ur child recognizing words?

Mom2nat, naf, listening to your schedules, having 3 kids sound really stressful. Maybe my hubby is right to object to me having no. 3 after all, if I have no. 3, the age gap of my kids will be 4, 2, 0, almost suicidal unless I put 2 kids in full day CC. :p

Naf, I bought the leapfrog phonics set from Amazon directly and I find 'Letter Factory' really helps. She is remembering the phonics sounds from A-F, and the other consonants that are easier to remember. Cheaper than sending her to phonics class and Mei Mei gets to learn too.
happy.gif

Kitsune

Difficult for me to go to work now. My hubby's grandma currently is immobile and my hubby refuse to send my no.1 to cc. My mil always feel quite shiong also.

But all this just excuse, I really wish to return to work, at least I can talk louder lah. Haha.....

kellie,
hugzz. violence is no-no. No matter SAHM or FTWM, we should be treated with respect from our spouse.Hope you'll be able to resolve the issues with your hubby as you have a long road ahead of you.

Mom2nat/Naf,
kudos to you having 3 kids, with 2 i already feel not spending enough quality time with them already.

Hi ladies
Hv not got the mood to post last 2 weeks cos too many roller coasters rides in office and it's finally been settled last week and I'm happy with the arrangement. What pissed me off is the stupid hr gm who is an asshole any talk rubbish in front of my new CEO and I got to write email to clarify cum apologize ! Anyway all over. Just wanna start fresh at my new dept
happy.gif

Just when I tot I can enjoy my coming trip to Bali on 23rd hubby told me tat he need to make a trip to Hanoi from 18-21 Apr. XYZ leh. I can't say no cos its biz trip lor. :p. And I chk it online SQ return on 21 Apr is on waiting list leh. So sian right fly back on Thurs then fly out again on Sat. Haiz. Just hope tat his return flight is confirmed on thurs.

Kellie
Hugz. I hope u r alrite. Did he even apologize to u after tat ? I duno if I can forgive him for doing tat or not. Maybe I can forgive him for cheating on me than hitting me. It all depends on yourself. If u still hv high hopes on your marriage I suggest u try talking to him in his happy mood. Like weekends. Try not to bother him too much after he comes back from work. Lun as what your mil says is for the sake of children. If u can lun u lun but u shd not let the hitting start again.

Luvv, agree, even with 2 kids, I feel that I neglect Raelynn a lot cos no. 1 drains all my energy. I still have to wake up 1-2 times at night to go to her room n sleep with her so in the mornings when she's in school, I'll be catching up on sleep. Then after she comes back, she'll be dominating my time again. :p

Kellie, oic, maybe your hubby is feeling stressed because of that too esp if his grandma stays with you all. Caregivers weariness is very real problem but there isn't much support unless she goes to a day care centre but it's so expensive if you dun qualify for subsidies. You don't have a maid right? So you and MIL jaga everything at home - 1 bedridden elderly and 2 young kids? Really not easy. Talk to him when he is in a good mood bah.

Chaye, congrats, at least your work is settled.
happy.gif
No need to drift along anymore. :p

Kistune
Ive ordered a triak hilltop for this week. The food portion just nice for us. But i specify before 530 coz x1 eats his dinner at 530...but yesterday the uncle delivered at 6...it was raining though. I asked him if whe could deliver before 530 and he say cannot cox he had to follow the routing; total 5units to deliver

Very sianz. Most likely change caterer again if i cannot get a decent timing. And trial tingkat is not cheap!! Its $12 per day...heartpain especially now i need $$$$ more than anything else

Back