(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

wahhh talking about jobs ah...

For me, i admit, i do miss my old life, dresses, heels, nice bags etc. Now always in sweats and drawstring pants (or whatever i can throw on) when bringing Rylee down to playground or classes. I miss my old pay which was around 5k plus...my hard earned experience, climbed, climbed climbed to this stage, only to give it all up.. not that i'm any top exec, just a exec secretary..so not easy to climb until this salary stage
sad.gif
Sometimes I do miss the rush of deadlines, intellectual conversations, office gossips, tea breaks and meeting deadlines.

I agree on MNCs or foreign banks paying well. But I was with mediacorp for a while and they can pay too (depends on ur boss). But my best pay was with my last company, pay 5k plus, and can claim taxi fare too :p
 


Morning all!

<font color="0000ff">Mandy</font>
Are you coming for the Juzmusic trial this Sunday? Me and tongtong have confirmed going, wanna join us?

Enjoy your trip to the zoo later. Weather looks reasonable nice so far (finger crossed!)
 
morning mummies!
aiyah sianz, my allergic nose is back again, after a 2 weeks hiatus. should take my boy's zyrtec liao haha

mylife
still got secretary job lobang or not? my fren study till degree, she very keen to work as secretary wor
 
today's straits times report that 2 different lawsuit suing NUH.
i am VERY HAPPY. my hb's family wanted to sue NUH but we didnt. we complain to MOH, MOH says NUH wasnt negligent; but we think otherwise....

-my fil died there, after a kidney operation. they couldnt find 1 of the equipment after the headcount, and spent another 2 hours looking for it in my fil's stomach
-the ICU ward is terrible. and no sense of hygiene. how can a nurse throw a pair of used underwear into the drawers just like that? never put in plastic bag, and mixed with his meds and all
-urine bag full liao never notice. we need to ask ask ask them to change
-always asking interns to come n draw blood. then keep poking my fil

aiyah neverending one lah
NUH suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sorry for ranting. haha
 
hahah, just brought my girl from art &amp; craft class. She can make her own necklace to wear. ;-) So happy when she can do those small threading. ;-)

Talking abt job, my first job I got paid US$5K plus entertainment and food and I got to travel around SEA. ;-) After married to my hubby, get a small job at SME as AM and pay as half as what I got before married. The whole hubby' family asked me to give up to become SAHM coz they say it's not worth to leave my girl at home/ CC for that amount of money. ;-(((
 
Morning all!

wow..so many mummies having such a high pay ah.

My miserable pay only enough for me to pay the maid, MIL n my gal's school fees. Thinking very hard whether to be SAHM or not. But my hb says I surely cannot make it..
 
pixie,
Ur rite. My starting pay is only 1.3k when I first join the industry. But then again, I choose to join the industry after much consideration and know that I will get this kind of pay. My first job is in the IT industry (PSA building, earning almost 3k). In fact, I earn more than my hb when we both started work together. Nw, he is right on top while I am still getting miserable pay, but not as miserable as when first started la.
 
shannonbaby
you got the passion for the work/job mah.
whereas a lot of us dont have the passion for the job; we just work hard for the money. its just a job to us. but for you, its more than a job, rite?
if my job = my passion i oso dont mind the low pay
 
yesterday nite #2 fell out from his bumbo seat while i was preparing his oral medication in the kitchen! He fell face down &amp; his upper left eyelid &amp; eyebrow kena red bump...cried so loud, poor fellow. This morning luckily the bump subsided.
today forgot to bring out my mobile...felt so lost...dunno want to go back home take or take PM leave...
 
gd morning all
happy.gif


i wanted to take urgent leave today. end up, my exec a step ahead of me.. she sms me early in the morning say she going to see doc, will come in late today. nw is 11.25am.. she is still not here yet.. winner!!
 
Can i ask how much do u gals give yr MIL/mum to look after yr children? Exclude usual allowance or on top of allowance? Asking cos I find my MIL demanding too much while most of my friends say their MIL take zero amt for looking after grandchildren.
 
shannonbaby
good topic!

i start first:
we pay my mil $500 for looking after our boy, plus part of the maid fees.
previously before having a baby my hb gives his mom $300. so only $200 increment. very peanuts but still looking at whole sum, $500 is...err...ok for all of us?
not including diapers, fm, etc etc

my own mum comprain and comprain coz looking after my sis's baby but since my sis stays at my mom's place for free and got foc nanny, my sis gives my mom very little due to her low pay. so every grandma is different.
 
shannonbaby, we give my mil $450 to $500 juz for looking after my girl. my hubby will giv her another $400 allowances . we are nt staying together and we hardly eat ther, so the $400 is juz for her n my fil pocket$.everyweek, we will supply my girl milkn diapers and we buy fruits or rice for the whole family .total every mth is $950 or $1000.
 
pixie
geng la.. wat else? hahahaa..
latest news: she call me and say she got 2days MC... yest cough abit then today got 2 days mc. she really damn 'gd'. i call and tell my hubby.. he keep laughing say she got TB ah.. cough only got 2 days MC.... -_-"
 
my hb give my MIL $750 in the past, but nw with my baby, we need to give $500 more which is $1250 in total, plus we have to pay for maid's salary n levy for helping out in housework. So in total, $1800. I find it very siong for my household expenses but my FIL thinks my hb is a money tree and is giving too little. He says his friend all give their father n mother $1000 each a month. I am so angry that I asked him are u sure or yr friend just trying to boast to u.
 
shannonbaby, some couples earned very well, my cousin earned $10k mthly wrked in a swiss bank n gave my aunt and uncle $2k mthly, and my dad was comparing me to her. but then, my aunt helped to look after their 4 kids.
 
quiet cos no hot topic mah
happy.gif


shannonbaby
my hubby gives his parents $400 a month for just sitting at the sofa looking at my boy. keke. the maid is paid by me and hubby.
 
shannonbaby,
My mil does not look after my girl and my hb only give her $300 a month. So your's really seem like a lot leh....but really also depend on individual family lah...cos my fil is still working and earning big bucks so they don't really need the $$, is the 'yi si' lor...

For my own parents, I give them $500 a month which is abt 10% of my last drawn salary. I thought that was quite good already but my mum mentioned before that her friends children give more than 10%...
i asked around my own friends and all say abt 10%
 
Jess, I have a feeling my boy will be watching TV all day long under my ILs care too. Cos my FIL cant do without TV.

I am waiting for the day when my boy turns 2 yrs old and send him to childcare so that I can do away with the maid.
 
shannonbaby
thats a lot ley...
a lot of parents like that one leh, thinking who or who earn a lot then treat them like money tree...
even my bil who earns 6k-8K only gives his mom 800 a mth as pocket $$
 
I am one of those fortunate coz we do not need to give any money to our parents. Only on special occasions like birthday then we will give presents (big presents like golf set, etc) or on CNY we will give angpow but then they will give back to us double. ;-)
 
grumpus, cos my MIL insists of looking after my boy. Last time round I send my gal to infant care as she doesnt want to look after her. Nw they are quite bored at home, so willing to look after my boy plus got a maid to do housework for them.

blessedbaby, ur really fortunate. My FIL demand minimum $1k ang pao for CNY although he only give my gal $20 (cos he say ang pao is for good luck only, yisi yi si can already), plus year end bonus also have to give them some.
My own parents are like yours, we dont need to give any allowance and if we give angpow, they will return everything back to us.
 
shannonbaby: your IL is too much. Cant demand such of things, but then I think its very traditional way for them to think that after brought up the children, now is the time to have them supported their old ages. I do hope (pray) that we dont depend on our children when they are grown up. Really feel it's burden for them leh
 
shannonbaby,
My hubby used to give his parents $400 but increased to $800 when they were looking after my boy. Now that I'm a SAHM, my boy is no longer taken care by them but my hubby still continue with the $800. I sort of hinted to him that we can reduce to maybe $500 cos they really don't spend much but I think he didn't reduce. Anyway, it's his money so I let him decide.

As for my mum, I used to give $500 but after my dad passed away and I became SAHM, she ask me to reduce to $300 since I no longer have an income.
 
Reporting in case anyone thinks I popped liao. RaeAnne is still sick, high fever controlled by med and very manja. Last night, she kept waking up from coughing. But don't know how to spit. A lot of nose mucus also. Got to keep forcing med down her throat. Very poor thing.

Anyway, hope Mei Mei will guai guai stay inside until Cheh cheh recovers. Moved my gynae appt to Fri so that I can have a better estimate of pop date.

I used to give my mum $650 b4 married, after marriage, I negotiate to $550 cos got own household exp. My hubby used to give $350 then increased to $450. Not a lot but my ILs are quite comfortable with my FIL's pension so they don't really need $.

Different from my family cos my dad was a hawker selling canned food (earned peanuts). We stayed in rental flat near Redhill and whatever savings he had went to the 4 room flat we bought in 1993. So, my mum is always very anxious about money. I think it takes a lot for her to accept that I won't be contributing to the household income for a while but luckily my bro has a stable job as a teacher since 2 years ago.

I think those MIL who give up job to look after grandkids expect more cos of the opportunity cost. Whereas those who are already retired don't mind so much cos they are free anyway.
 
*Birthday Bash cum X'mas party*
Date: 13 Dec (Sunday)
Time: 10.30am - 12.30pm
Venue: Go Go Bambini, http://www.gogobambini.com/ (Dempsey Rd)

Confirmed list:
1) Janbb - 2A + 2K (Jayden) (PAID)
2) tongtong - 2A + 1K (Shaun) (PAID)
3) cherylkjh - 2A + 1K (Vernon) (PAID)
4) Dorothy - 2A + 2K (Gervaise) (PAID)
5) Krystle - 2A + 1K (Issyen) (PAID)
6) steph - 2A + 2K (Zander) (PAID)
7) elmo_78 - 2A + 1K (Amanda) (PAID)
8) grumpus - 2A + 1K (Lexie) (PAID)
9) Tracylazy - 2A + 1K (Sylvia) (PAID)
10) Icy - 2A + 1K (Xavier) (PAID)
11) Yvonne(ylim) - 2A + 1K (Brien) (PAID)
12) blessed serene - 2A +1K (Benjamin) (PAID)
13) QQ - 2A + 1K (Alyssa) (PAID)
14) pixiepixel - 2A + 1K (Xandall) (PAID)
15) Mom2nat - 2A + 2K?? (Elliot) (PAID)
16) Hammies - 2A + 1K (Kendrick) (PAID)
17) Mandy - 2A + 1K (Jayden) (PAID)
18) VioletIce - 2A + 1K (Ian) (PAID)
19) kam - 2A + 2K (Hao Re) (PAID)

Onz but not Paid Yet:
1) chaye - 2A + 2K (Tate)
2) Lynn - 2A + 1K (Rayden)
3) Jacelyn - 2A + 2K (Javin)
4) Godsent - 2A + 1C (Evangeline)
5) eNrmum - 2A + 2K?? (Eddric)
6) Jess - 2A + 1K (Javier)

Payment:
Premium Package at $475 for 15 kids. Additional Kid is $25. Baby below 1 year old is free. Adults are also free.

*We got 25 toddlers as at now which mean $475 + ($25 x 10kids) = $725 (Total).
1 pax pay abt $29. In additional muz also pay the cake &amp; goodies bag after they have finalised the cost.

<font color="ff0000">**Mummies, pls pay $15 (deposit) to grumpus by fri. DBS Savings Plus 065-5-010231 or UOB 104-372-379-6)</font>. Each mummy shld be paying a total of abt $40 for this party which include cake &amp; goodies bag.
 
kitsune,
Those cough med do nothing for the phlegm. Now I don't bother bringing my boy to PD liao cos meds given always the same and his phlegm is still not cleared after taking 1 weeks' meds. Now I improvise and alternate between the cough mixture (prospan) and EYS Ba Bao San plus nasal spray. He seems to recover more quickly and phlegm also cleared off faster.
 
Yvonne, thanks, I'm also thinking of trying TCM (tongtong recommended Chuan Bei Mu cooked with pear). What's Ba Bao San? Is it liquid form and what kind of nasal spray? We started with Abrilar too (some herbal cough syrup that I got from pharmacy). But the high fever difficult to treat with TCM leh so end up still got to take PD's med to control. :p
 
kitsune, do take care. My gal also very sick a few days before I delivered. Keep coughing n having flu also. I brought her to see PD so many times and she only recovered 1 week after my delivery. Thats the very first time she is so sick. Its tough being pregnant n taking care of a sick toddler.
 
kitsune,
Oh, I also give Abrilar (it's the same as prospan). Ba Bao San comes in powder form so just dilute with a little bit of water and feed. It contains chuan bei, zhen zhu, hu puo, etc. Brien don't normally have fever when he coughs so maybe easier to self-medicate lah.
 
tongtong
my pay WAS high lah...now no more
sad.gif


pixie
aiyoh, i left the corporate world more than 2 yrs liao lo. But most executive secretarial jobs need job experiences to get high pay, not degree. At most can get 2k with a degree? High-pay exec secretaries usually are assisting senior management like CEOs and Managing Directors. These people usually look for secretaries/ EAs that have experiences in handling senior management people cos the people that these bosses are dealing with are usually very senior people also. For me, i got lucky cos i was actually from Mass Comm background and worked in one of the local bank's Corp Comm/Public Relations. So when i got married,i wanted a more stable hour job so i switched job line to being an EA/Exec Secretary, have to go thru the Exec Sec Diploma (by going for night class, damn siong!) to further enhance my CV. So it's not overnight i got a 5k plus pay package lah. Just got lucky.
happy.gif
 
kitsune
take care yah. When rylee was coughing, PD gave her Singulair. She also had phlegmy cough, so i gave her the Bao Ying Dan too. In the end, also dunno which is the one exactly that cured her.

Topic
I give my mom HKD2500 for both allowance and a gesture for helping me out. All other expenses (food, etc) we buy. For PILs, hubby gives them S$1k. But they're both working, and yet FIL sometimes complains/hints to hubby's bro that it's not enough. Like shannonbaby's parents, he thinks my hubby is money-tree. Hello, when they come HK, never even lift a finger to help with diaper changing, feeding etc! And yet, complain miss the grandchild lah, want to see grandchild lah! DUH.
 
Oh, the nasal spray is Sterimar. It's actually just salt water solution used to flush out the mucus from the nose.
 
Thanks, Yvonne. How's the taste of Ba bao shan? Does Brien like it? RaeAnne for some strange reason doesn't like pineapple flavoured med (Augmentin) and that's the only bottle of med that she must finish. Sigh. Thanks, I'll check out the nasal spray too then.

Babyshannon. Same here, RaeAnne has never been so sick since her HFMD episode. Sigh. Only hope that she'll recover before Mei Mei decides to come out lor.

Mylife, didn't know you were from MassComm/PR background too. I should have made the switch like you. Maybe I won't be so poor. :p
 
I dunno how it taste like...haha. The lady at EYS told me it has a pleasant taste so most kids won't reject.

The nasal spray was prescribed by the PD cos Brien has sensitive airway so mucus built-up may result in bronchitis. It can be bought from Guardian Pharmacy as well. There's no medicine in it so can be used frequently to clear the mucus if required.
 
mylife,
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought singulair shouldn't be taken too often cos it's quite a strong med used for asthma?? Dunno where I got this impression lah but my boy has been prescribed singulair on 2 occasions liao and it's for 7 days somemore. I also find that it doesn't really help in reducing the phlegm.
 


yvonne, haha, okie, that's good. I think me and hubby are weird, we usually taste her medicine and definitely will taste it if she rejects them. So far, strawberry and orange flavour meds are good, banana or pineapple or minty ones then cham liao. Maybe next time I should request to PD to give me only certain flavour meds. :p
 

Back
Top