(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Pixie,
Take care! Just relax at home lor.

krystle,
Already no more testing from 1 month ago or even earlier. Most doctors will straight away give tamiflu somemore. Usually will give a few days up to a week mc and ask you to "rest at home", they also don't use "quarantine" anymore, cos no point doing that nowadays.

Luca,
Haha, don't think durian is the culprit. Only ate once a week only nowadays :) I also have a bit of sore throat (more like dry throat). Hubby refused to kiss me these 2 days and slept in another room. So sad for me, but guess it's the right thing to do lor.
 


Kam,
drink honey or gargle with salt water, it helps for sore thorat.

pixie,
pls take care. get well soon before bringing ur boy back lar, hw u gona take care of him when u r still sick, u need rest also lar
 
Kam,
Yes, I forgot that you and me are the high risk groups. I always tend to forget about my own condition and think for my girl first. Always need others to remind me that I need to be more careful, not my girl. Maybe for you, try to take in more vitamins to build up your immune system. Then ask your hubby to continue to sleep in another room loh.
 
luca, jess, kam
the doc say no need testing leh. she say go thru the test and be with the actual h1n1 patients, what for. just rest at home these few days coz my flu/fever is in the ending stages...let it end the whole course by itself.

tonight taking bb home but most prob will do so the next day lar, since i want to make sure i am recovered before seeing him. now i dont have the runny nose. just slight fever, below 37.5 nia
 
Blessedbaby, wah so happy cuz got extra gift? Hhee.

Pixie, yea since ending soon, rest more, and drink barley and green bean water la. think heaty la.

Kam, wah! How can the GP just conclude that it’s H1N1 before even testing?? Aiyo, pls take care. Could it be due to the haze? Cuz raffles place very hazy today and got burning smell somemore!!! What are the other 3 symptoms of H1N1?
Gargle with apple cider, it helps too.

Wah your hubby really diligent to kiss u everynight, so envy!!! Hehe.
 
tongtong,
Yesterday, my colleague's 5 year-old daughter has slight fever (close to 38C) and just started coughing. Once stepped into the clinic, the GP immeidately said H1N1 and gave her tamiflu, and that's it. So now my colleague can't come to work, and she is pregnant too! Worry for her, cos she stays at home with her sick daughter is not a good idea cos definitely will get the virus mah, but she doesn't want to come to work also cos if she already got the virus, will spread to others at work woh. Sian!

H1N1 (and other) flu symptoms - fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat, muscle pain, and fatigue.

Eh, tongtong, not only every night, it's morning, saying goodbye to work, come back work, and before bedtime, ok :) But he is not "diligently" doing that, sometimes yes, sometimes have to remind/force him to :p
 
im so fedup with my hb. All he harp abt was how im going to infect my boy. And never even ask me how am i feeling. And just now called my mil and told her that we will not be bringing our boy back home tonite, all she said was dun spread to xandall hor, dont spread to my hb hor! Wtf! Wat abt me? I am sick and no one bothers. His family always exclude me. Even my family could see it very obviously. Just now she asked me if my hb is coming home to her pl to eat dinner, i told her check with her own precious son since all they care is themselves.
Angry! Sorry for ranting here.
 
Kam, actually it can be normal flu what, which the childen usually get. If normal flu but prescribed tamiflu, it’s really not wise!!! How can GP abuses the usage of tamiflu , I think yesterday’s paper got doctor’s comment on the usage of tamiflu , especially on kids.

Wah so nice , 3 times in a day somemore!! I think my hubby very kiamsiap with his kiss LOL
 
tong tong maybe you never hear me rant before. My hb super side his mum and they all super close knitted. Im always the outsider and they never side me wan lah. He will scold me and get angry if i ever say something bad abt his mum
 
pixie
i know how u feel. but think it in a good way, u have ur own flat and they dun stay with u. so u dun haf to face them also.
for me, if i feel left out, i only can hide in room lei.

so dun feel so bad okie? lunchtime le... just take care of urself and enjoy ur lunch....
 
kam, jess. Thanks. Yah all along they are like that wat. I dont want to pick a fight with my hb too coz today is his birthday. Just the thought of if im at my mum's place, how well my mum will care abt me, i feel like crying liao. Not like these heartless ppl who only care abt themselves. Last time xandall 1st month the buffet caterer wasnt very good so they juz keep harping on it on their own and never want to mingle with my family. Even my friends who were there said why my in law side so on their own one. Sob sob. Just in their own world kind of family how to care for others? Mus kan kai ba
 
ya.. must kankai.
during my boy's 1st month, my hubby whole family also sticked together and stay in 1 corner of the house for hours.. never mingle ard. so nvm la, its their way of behaviour. and worst still, they were at their own house lor but machiam like guests. hahahaa...

oppz.. hope my hubby never see this.. hahahaa
 
haha, sigh, pixie, my own parents r like that. That time for raeanne's first month, i did it at ils place cos bigger mah. End up my dad say dun want to invite relatives. If i want, i have to invite myself cos dun want to inconvenience them to come to my ils house. I was pissed off. Then when they came, they hide in the room with all the relatives, refuse to come out. My fil had to serve tea to them in the room. So embarrassing for me. Sigh.
 
pixie, yea , got to kan kai liao, you still got support from us!! hopefully one day they will realise that they should appreciate you.
 
Pixie,
Pity your situation there. Sad to hear that your ILs do not treat you like a family. But I guess there is no choice but to accept the way they are. But if your hubby can be more objective and try to reason with them for you when they treat you unfairly, that will make your life so much better. Hopefully their behaviours and attitudes will not impact your boy's personality and his affection towards you.

My ILS treated me ok but I don't feel extremely closeness to them lah. We are still very "Ke Qi" towards each other. Good thing is that hubby tends to side me and listen to me more. Because he also knows that his own father is a bit weird and his mum can be difficult to get along with. So all along, he does not listen to them that much. So far so good. Initially I thought with children coming, my MIL and I will clash very badly. But turned out quite fine.
happy.gif


I just hope that situation will improve on your side.
 
Pixie,
Men are usually insensitive to their wife's feeling...especially after the kids arrive. Bo bian lor...but gotta admit that we also put our kids as 1st priority liao and ignore them more...haha! My birthday last week also passed by like any other day. Hubby took leave to take me out for lunch but it was cancelled cos he just "assumed" that I didn't have appetite cos I was having flu...hello? I didn't say I have no appeitite leh. So I also super pissed off with him and he still dunno, thought I sian sian cos of my flu. Wah, he can really drive me up the wall! This year he also never ask me whether I want any presents...last time he will usually ask one. See...angry or not? But after I cooled down, still have to tell him nicely that I'm pissed off with him then he realised. Husbands are really the most insensitive creatures! Or is it only mine??
 
krystle, jess
thanks for the nice words.
my mil and my hb's family treat me well. but sometimes, there is just this unexplainable closeness within the family which words couldnt describe and you couldnt help but feel very alone. my hb will sure side his family, no matter what. he is super ONZ for his family one. the thing is, my mom is weird and my hb dislikes her 'patterns'. so he always thinks that he has a more than perfect mother who is unlike my mom. even my parents could see that my hb like no like them. what can i say? i argue with him, he say he respect my parents liao. but just no warmth lor. donno how to describe it. you can see when his eyes light up when he is with his family. me? i can only see my parents once a week during weekends and everytime its a chop chop affair coz he put carpark coupons and it will expire (what rubbish excuse). nowadays i say die die must put more coupons etc etc. then never tok much to my parents oso. everytime scoff at my parent's words after we left home...
at his place, totally different leh. every night when we leave for our own home, he will say to his mom, sleep early, got anything, gimme a call. did he every said that to my parents? no wat.
blardy hell
the more i type the more i sianz...

not to console myself, but i just feel that he grew up in this kind of family, hard to change him. they are all so in their own world, that their hearts have no space for other people's love. like loving my parents, loving my dog. he just simply hates my dog. everytime i go into the room (kept my dog in a room coz my boy scared of dogs) and pet my dog, play with him for a while, he will quickly shout "go wash your hand, go wash your hand" as though some disease will spread to my boy like that. just NO room to love other people lor.

kitsune
sorry to hear your parents are like that. im my parents are like that i sure will shoot them off. heng my parents are very warm people. even dont like will "fu yan" a bit and make hasty retreat.
 
yvonne
not yours only. my hb oso very insensitive. we did not marry a SNAG lah. SNAGs are different.
in all typical bullshit from men are from mars, women are from venus, it is said that men are as what you have described in your post and they will never know what you are angry about coz their brain is totally different from women and we have to tell him. no use getting angry silently.

happy belated bday to you le. i forgot your bday too. we used to have a bday wisher *hint: wendy* so always depend on her to wish mummies happy bdays heehee

krystle
on afterthought, my mil and i never clash one. but its just the lack of warmth from them that i felt left out. so my point is - you really need to feel their sincerity before living with them. else you get angry.petty.frus over smallest things as times goes by, thus souring the relationship.
that being said, some mils are so damn good to their hb's wife. i remember a mummy (issit mcfluffy?) who's mil is better than her own mother.

we all have different fate. as buddhism goes, we owe that person in previous life bah hor
 
pixie & krystle, dun be upset abt ur mil. i think hw close with mil all depends on fate! u know, ther r pple whom we see, we can immediately connect and talk anythin over the sun., while some pple juz pissed us off!
 
pixel
sometimes i feel my MIL oso like. not only MIL, SIL oso same... everything will tell vernon is daddy or papa. but seldom will say mama or mummy.

like my son call papa. den they will like ya papa. when he say mama, they will say he will mum mum... den now vernon dun really call mama. but they still keep asking him to call papa instead of mama. m i petty or wat?? i duno. sometime i feel very sian over this...

hope faster sept den i can move off that place.. no 1 to spolit my son.. they let him throw temper. cry abit will cry liao. piangz.. i see my son like getting worst loh. and terrible two come
 
Pixie,
I think you are starting to "Kan Kai" liao. I do admit that like what you said, maybe you and I don't have that kind of closeness with our MILs bah. I personally think it is ok. As long don't clash badly like water and fire, life still can goes on... I just have my own mum who is very close to me and that is enough. My hubby can understand that all my family and relatives live in West while I got to move to East with him when I married. So he never complains when we go to my mum's place to stay overnight from Sat to Sun (He got said need to tear many coupons but never grumble much.)

Yvonne,
Happy Belated Birthday! Don't get bad with your hubby lah. I think he is trying to be too sensitive to your illness until it sort of backfired on him lah. So for gifts, sometimes it is that we are together too long until we don't know what to buy for each other liao. Sometimes, I will just say buy me a gift later when I thought of what I want. Example for this year, I can't remember what he bought for me. For his birthday, I only paid for his ticket coz I made him accompanied me to Aaron Kwok's concert. Kekekeke
 
Yvonne, mine is also a super insensitive log. Don’t worry u are not alone LOL

Pixie, I just wonder how did you fall in love with him? or you only realised about his pattern or his strong bond with his family after married? Luckily he still got room to love you and xandell.
 
Yvonne,
Happy belated birthday!

RE: In-law
I am glad that I don't have to face IL problem. Only see them a few days a year. Even if I go back, I always go to my mum's place, so strictly speaking, only see them a few hours a year, keke! I CANNOT imagine if I have to stay with them, sure either I vomit blood or my hubby vomits blood ;-P
 
tongtong
hahah, we fell in love quickly, and married quickly...all in the space of 3 months leh. like ppl say "shotgun wedding" cept that the gun didnt shoot off anything lar.

cheryl
yah!! thats hows i feel too! yest i was at my mil place for 1.5hrs, i oredi bae tahan liao. my boy wants anything just cry and lie down on the floor. he will never do that at my own home coz he knows he cant bluff us. then my mil will say "ok ok, you want wat" *FAINT* he will then immediately stop his act and point to my mil or what. i told my mil cannot spoil him likethat liao she say she never but me and my hb could see it very obvious. my hb did tell his mom not to give in to our son, she insist she never, but i can see she keep doing otherwise. yesterday oredi 2 episodes in 1.5 hrs, imagine the whole day!
the 2nd episode, i told my mil dont bother about him and let him cry. she took my words and after less than a min, my boy saw no spectators and he just got up and do other things liao!!!
 
Thanks for all the well wishes! Now birthdays also machiam like any other day. Last time I will take leave to celebrate...now also cannot submit leave application to my boy...hahaha!

Actually I also don't mind not being close to my in-laws. No matter what, their thinking, behavior, etc are all very different from my family, so very difficult to understand and adapt to their lifestyle. I usually just go back for dinner and keep my mouth shut most of the time. Very mean lah but I simply cannot stand the fact that my fil is always in a "competition mode" with me over "who takes better care of my boy"!? When they took care of my boy previously, sometimes I will correct the way they do certain things so now that I'm full-time SAHM, my fil will take every opportunity to criticise me indirectly. No point arguing lah so I always quickly eat my dinner and go home...hahaha!
 
Pixie, wah!!! 3 months is really like rocket. Tot mine is fast hehe. When your son crys yesterday what did he want???
 
Pixie,
It's always like that. They say they never spoil him but see his behaviour we know liao. It used to happen to me and it still happens when we go back for dinner. Just gotta stand firm and repeatedly remind your mil she cannot let him behave this way. This is the only way unless you change caregiver, which is impossible right?
 
yvonne
harnor unless i change caregiver. but my hb and my mil die die dont want to put him in childcare. so my only alternative is move nearer to my mil, or i be sahm

tongtong
fast hor? we seow liao, too giddy with love perhaps? nov got together, feb held our rom and wedding liao
i count count, ard 90+ days from the date we official to govt official muahahahah
 
Pixie, u really hot la! so now cannot complain la cuz too crazy in love liao. So now you got to accept it la

Jess – mine not as fast as pixie la!! knew him in april 03, met first time in june 03, I moved to SG oct 04, ROM NOV 04. because my friends around me only get married after knowing for years. So I tot I’m fast.
 
Pixie,
3MTHS then married! Wah..., you are very brave. I don't dare to think of marriage within 3 mths of courtship leh. I will tend to think too much type when comes to marriage. In fact, I used to have marriage phobia as I believed nothing good comes out of it. I paktol with hubby for many years (we ROM @ 8th year, married @ 10th year) and during then, I kept telling him don't want marry, don't want children. He was like ok ok ok but gradually my thinking started to change somehow. Like not fair to him after so many years and he likes children... So ended up, married for a few years liao and now got #2 coming. Ironic hoh.

So, I think I am not the chop-chop fast fast get married type bah. Coz my bro's marriage also super long term relationship like mine.

Tongtong,
Yours now maybe considered "normal" speed. Think most young people will marry in the 2nd year. I got 1 friend, 27 this year, also married in less than 2 years of knowing her hubby. I also felt shocked and kept thinking if she made the right choice... Maybe I am too old fashion thinking...
 
krystle
to each their own
i oso dun mind long courtship, but if i have this feeling of "he's the one" i wont hesitate if both wants to marry. that was what happened to me

if i didnt had that thought last time, i wouldnt have married so fast. i would have waited and pak toh until i can feel that "hes the one"
 
pixie,
i guess its fated. u only know him more after havin xandall rite, probably if u didnt have kids, u might not find out all this at all, if u know wat i mean
happy.gif
 
I'm back! Just finished cooking fried rice for dinner..sweat!

Pixie,
I always wanted to ask you - how come you can get your wedding gown and banquet ready in such a short time???
 
Pixie, I did tell them for being anti social but what to do, my dad so traditional. He thinks that first of all, he's not the host, secondly it's my ILs place, thirdly ILs got more friends and relatives, 4th, my parents can only speak teochew, cannot speak Mandarin well, scared people laugh at them so they just hide in 1 corner and refuse to mingle. Maybe they have low self esteem bah. Sigh. :p

Hmm... I also angry with hubby cos he never finalise my BD celebration plans until this afternoon. Asked him what's the plan cos I need to finalise lunch plans with my friend for tomorrow liao. Kick him then got action. Told him to plan early cos need to prepare ILs cos got to put the maid there for night time mah. He said he was thinking of bringing me to Fullerton Townhouse restaurant instead. But all talk and no reservations either. Then after I grumbled at him, he said he made reservations for the Line for lunch tomorrow. But he knows that only Thurs got seafood feast so got lobsters but he go and book lunch. Told him lunch spread is always not as good as dinner. Then he say then should I book for dinner tonight instead? But if you never book in advance, how do you know if there is space for tonight esp since now Aug got 25% discount for national day. Every year, for my BD celebration, he's always so last minute, never bother to plan, every year disappoint me. Told him to tell his parents himself that we are not coming back for dinner. I'm not going to be the messenger for springing this onto them. But he's so 'smart' lor, call them when I'm at my ILs place. So of course, MIL turn around and ask me why? you all going out tonight ah? So, got to tell her it's my BD tomorrow but don't know what plans hubby has cos he never confirm anything.

Today and tomorrow he on MC cos of his sprained leg. But today, he went back to school to set exam papers. Thought tom he's free to keep me company but he said he's going back to school again. Yesterday accompany him to A&E, waited for more than 2 hrs, put me and baby at risk, get 2 days MC and end up he also everyday go back to school. Sian.
 
Pixie,
I am opp of you leh. I got that feeling of "he is the one" for my first 2 boyfriends and both relationships ended in less than 3 mths. So when comes to my hubby, I was skeptical and don't dare to think "he maybe the one or else another disppointment".
 
kitsune
sianz
*sayang* sorry to hear about that leh.
tmr ask my hb to go out eat, he said so many things happening at home, dont go out. i oso sianz

luca
i know what you mean. fate lor hor??

yvonne
orh!! it was a very DIY wedding.
we had a poolside dinner for 14tables, i did all the invitation cards, wedding favours. do away with pouring of champange, cutting cake. and i tailor made a simple tube dress for my rom, trimmings came from the trousseau cloth my mom gave me; and bought a white simple long satin-y low back dress for my wedding. halfway change to rom dress. and wore low heels/slippers. my hb wore pants and tucked out shirt with maindarin collar.
all very casual setting. so no need to rush a lot of thing.
and oh, no studio shots taken too
 
Krystle, Pixie, haha, nowadays I don't dare to think so much of our courtship days or else if I compare. I'll wonder where did all the 'love and passion' go to? Somemore me and hubby paktor for only 1.5 years, and married for less than 5 years. Not even marathon relationship. No wonder people say marriage is the gravetomb of love. :p
 
krystle
i opp of you leh.
i have lots of bfs and all non worthy of marriage material. so when i met my hb (aka down to earth, simple, steadfast etc) i told myself must grab or else no more chance liao...
maybe i met too many bad guys and when my hb (aka good guy) came along, i just chope-d him lor

aiyah! mistake lar! hahahaha
 
Haha, pixie, I always beow the bad guys aka more rugged type but don't dare to take action. Somehow, only the good and more nerdy boys are interested in me. Maybe I look nerdy bah. Haha.

Pixie, you giving out Inspiration of the day ah?

People like Kam won't agree with you lor. Her hubby still kisses her 3 times a day hor. Somemore, can ML on top of a hill in the open in Australia. So 激情。 Not like me and my hubby, so boring.
happy.gif
 


pixie,
ur fast! are u n yr hb love at first sight?

kitsune,
The Line having promotion this month?

RE: MIL
I am glad that my MIL is quite close to me and treat me as part of the family. At time, I feel closer to her than my mum. Maybe cos I often chit chat with her? She will always cook my fave food and remembers what I like / don't like to eat.
 

Back
Top