(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


Kam,
not different parts lar, sembawang quite near choa chu kang. :p
But it has to be after 1pm as my boy needs his mornin nap.
 
hiyo....
duno if i can apply leave anot lei.. haha... this fri just nice my probation ends~.. see u all de plan then i see wat my manager says tmr about my probation ~...
 
Luca,
Ok for me. I can try to put my boy to nap earlier. He naps at 12 to 2pm at school. Meet at about 2pm okay for you? Where? CCK or Sembawang?

Jess,
Where do you stay? After probation, you will spend more time to TTC?? :p
 
i stay at bedok area
happy.gif
hahaaa... yes, i will spend more time TTC...
 
Kam, Precious moments, blessedbaby, RaeAnne got a pair of clarkes too. Agree, it's well made and soft leather but exp. The only pair of shoes she got that made Hubby raise eyebrows when he knew the price. Even after 20% discount, it's close to $50. :p

Busy training my maid the whole day. RaeAnne cried at playgroup again today. Now, she's even smarter. Reached the playgroup gate, cry already. Keep pointing to me that she wants to go back. Sigh.
 
Luca,
Don't mind go to your place. No need to many toys one lah.

Jess,
You ok with Sembawang?

Yvonne,
Never mind. Next time lah.

kitsune,
$50 for a decent pair of shoes, okay what. My hubby was the one who wanted to buy for my boy :)

How's life being a Ma'am? Hope you can start enjoying it soon.

Oh, about kid crying when send them to school - hohoho, good luck to you, and you need the patience to go through it...... That time Hao Re cried for almost 2 months when switching from Infant to playgroup, despite that he was already familiar with the school and the teachers.
 
Steph,
I am interested but hubby said still too exp after discount.
sad.gif
Our budget at most $150 per night... Thought of bringing my girl to beach and play...
 
krystle,
oh ok. actually i oso find it still ex aft disc but then my birthday coming so thot ask if hubby interested cos normally he'll say no but who knows he say ok wor...so i go ahead with the booking. Zander will come along too then we can bring him explore sentosa since he has never been on a short trip anywhere except singapore.
hey i briefly read thru the previous post & saw that u organised BP spree for jap MU b4? Do u do korea skincare spree? Are u familiar with Laneige? If yes, how do u find their products? TIA
happy.gif
 
Blessedbaby, I don’t buy crocs too but I got one imitate one for my son. I think croc is popular because it’s very light! Good for baby I guess? My mum got one real crocs I think and she said it’s very light and comfy. But I find it ex so never buy for myself

Kam, weekday hard to meet up unless is weekend la
 
Steph,
Your hubby so good. OK you to proceed to book the hotel... My hubby always objects to local hotel stay. I craved very long liao since I preggie with #2 but he never said OK. Although he promised me an overseas trip end of the year... but I very tempted for holiday now liao.

Sorry, I don't do spree for Korean products. I am those type 哈日族. So dun know much about Korean products.
 
Thanks Kam
happy.gif
you are almost nearing EDD right. Hope all is well for you too and take care!

I hope to go on a short trip before my delivery. Cos I hope to bring my #1 on a short holiday before #2 comes along. No more chance to go on holiday just the 3 of us.. mummy daddy and her after that liao. Wanted to go Avillion Resort in Port dickson. Has anyone drove there before? My parents say not safe to drive to M'sia on our own - cos may get waylaid. Am a bit worried also, cos this is our first time driving in to M'sia plus we have a young bb and a big tummy mama. Have anyone gone there before? Or able to advise if the situation is really so bad in M'sia?

Either that I may go Bintan or worse come to worse.. Sentosa (which I'm not keen at all, only as last resort)...
 
Luca,
Ya lor, respond not good. So how? Just you and me like very boring hor :)

Tongtong,
Because I have to be on leave this Friday mah. So thought can meet some of those SAHMs, but no respond :p

Steph,
Your hubby so sayang you. If I tell my hubby to spend $200+ to stay 1 night at Sentosa, he sure says me siao one.
 
same same. if i ask me hubby to spend so much to stay at sentosa... he will say stay at home even better.. free one somemore... DUH.. haha...
 
precious_moments,
I have been to Avillion Resort, but my family did. They said quite nice. But Pork Dickson is seriously highly polluted, so don't expect that you can play at the seaside, really more for enjoying the facilities at the resort only.

Driving to Malaysia is not that bad lah (unless you drive a luxurious car?). During day time, it's safe, just make it a good habit to ALWAYS lock the door. In Malaysia, can't take things for granted like when you are in Singapore, it's definitely not as safe as here. Just have to be more alert lor, like always keep the valuable out of sight (better don't bring any), avoid to go to quiet places at night, etc. I went to KL with my boy and my tummy a couple of months back, no problem at all.
 
krystle,
This is the 1st time my hb agree to local hotel stay. I think will be the last too since i dun really craved for it unless very attractive deal. There are just too many places i wanna go & visit like japan & europe but have to postponed till #1 & #2 is much older then i can go w/o them!haha...
Regarding the korean products...ok no prob...maybe pixie will know??

Kam,
no siao la....some mommies here booked local hotel stay very often leh...errr...ask mei..haha
my colleague booked The Ritz-Carlton for NDP 3days 2 night for $2K/room leh!! That's madness...i can go Bangkok or HK for 2pax wor!
 
steph,
Hope you have a nice stay :) That's one of the things that I can't understand about Singaporeans :) No offence, everyone, just that I really don't understand why go stay in a hotel that is like 30min away from your home? Sentosa still okay lah, think of it as a getaway. But stay in the main land wor, why huh? To enjoy the hotel facilities?
 
Kam,
I understand your thinking abt staying @ local hotels especially main land. Rationally, I do think that it is a wise of money lah. That's why so far I kept saying want to stay but never action due to money factor. I only tried staying @ local hotel once (other than wedding night). That time, my previous coy got $150 reimbursement for holiday and I could not think of where to go (if overseas, sure more than $150). So ended up staying @ Marriot for 1 night. That time still not married yet so thought of it as a nice world of two for just hubby (then boyfriend) and me. Then enjoyed nice bathtub, after shopping don't have to rush home (coz that time no car) and enjoyed nice breakfast buffet next morning. It was a form of enjoyment lah.
 
Kam,
tks but gotta wait cos i booked in Sep, that's yr EDD! And just in case i don't pop by the forum so often now, wishing u a smooth delivery yah!
My thinking: why pple wanna stay in main land hotel...err less travel time (some pple dun like long distance flight), for kids to enjoy like watching the NDP live & fireworks or watching F1 etc.
 
Kellie,

I shared your sentiments and also sorry abt your release! Me too, just got released (terminated, retrenched, watever u call it) last Friday. My co is Msian based and they v smart! They checked Sin MOM rules which says the coy need not pay us if worked less than 3yrs! So they just simply tell us the coy not making $ &amp; wanna shut sin office with immediate effect!) That's It! With 1mth's pay as notice to us. U know, the coy actually has a guideline that says to pay 10days if in svc for "<">" 2yrs. So unfair right??? MOM doesn't seems to side employees who are in coy for <3yrs! WTF!

Kam,
Actually I wanna join u guys but if u are mtg up in the north, den i shall gif it a miss as i'm staying in Pasir Ris now.

Steph,
When's ur birdday? Mine coming up too. But $200, not cheap leh somemore nw me not working. IF not, I oso wanna book a nite stay. Your colleague 1mth earning 10K is it???

Since the job mkt is so dense, I've decided to give PROPERTY a go. So i'm gonna do it Full-time now. Anybody got lobangs to buy, sell or rent their places???
 
steph,
Ok lah, got special event, stay make sense to stay at the hotel lor. Honestly, when I first heard, probably about 10 years ago, a friend of mine was going to stay in a local hotel for 1 night for no special event, I was very shocked at that time :p

But I think most likely I am going to pop this month leh.


Godsent,
Really huh? Too bad we stay so far away. We went to the Pasir Ris Park a few weeks back and we like it there!

Haha, saw it in your FB. Best of luck with the properties!
 
krystle
I am the one who used to live in Japan, love it there. Somemore keep buying things from nissin websites, haha, I love the internet shopping there, we only pay after the goods are delivered!

Playdate
Where where? It depends on location and timing for me. :D



I am well, I suppose. Actually worry a bit, because there is no sign that tell me how bb is doing. only can wait for next checkup at end of the mth. And my hb is going taipei next monday.
 
Icy,
Envy envy envy... I lived there for 6mths before and I love it there too.
Don't worry too much abt the bb. Everything should be fine.
happy.gif


Godsent,
All the best in the property industry. Does an agent need to study for license?
 
krystle,

ur benefits as a contract seems much better than the rest liao. did u compare the benefits of that of a perm staff in ur office? alot diff?

I need to clear mandatory leave of 5 days within the yr...still scratching head where to go. have decide to take the leave in first of Nov since i cant afford to go during mth end cos need to meet mthly deadlines. hubby suggested Bintan or Costa sand chalets. thinking of going short trips via plane by Javier needs to play exp infant air fare, so not so keen liao.
 
Verene,
Yes, my medical benefits are already very good compared with other jobs outside. But perm staff in my coy can even claim medical for their spouse and children. So if I am single or married w/o children, then no diff. But if I am a perm staff with children, can claim for all the PD visits and jabs. Can save $$$$ leh... Too bad loh.

For travel, how abt travelling to Genting etc? Cooler... Bintan is ok but getting exp nowadays...
 
Kam, haha, cos my hubby feels that shoes outgrow very fast mah. It's true lar, so far RaeAnne has worn her clark shoes for less than 10 times. Think it can only last her 1 more month. Partly because it's fully covered and she's always dressed in casuals so her 'squeak squeak' sandals go better with her clothes. Never mind, keep for Mei Mei lor. ;P

Think I don't have the life to be a "Ma-am" or "Boss". Feels quite weird to have someone trying to please me actually. Maybe I'm too used to being a small fry and not middle management or top management like you or Mylvera. Haha.

Hotel stays
We usually stay there if there is a good promotion and if I can't travel. Mainly for the aircon, shopping, and buffet breakfast. Only been to Sentosa, Changi Village Hotel and Swissotel Stamford though. Since RaeAnne is born, I have not stayed in local hotels cos i worry about her food. Haha.
 
Krystle,

I can claim for my dependent: kid and my mum (i nominate my mum instead of hubby since he can claim from his own coy). however, usually all vaccinations claim is an exclusion.
 
wow...so many of ur companies provide medical claims for dependants! mine do not. only allow max claim of 400. maternity also dun hav.

congrats on jess's confirmation, can officially start TTC!
 
morning mummies
sighs, all my plans for the long weekend is now in limbo. i am having fever on and off after the flu...very afraid that its h1n1, especially papers say that most flu cases are h1n1....tonight bring my boy home oso dunno how...
at most wear mask all the way bah...
 
pixie, aiyo. yea you are right, 90% of flu cases are h1n1. i think you better play safe and dont bring your boy home first? but can only know is h1n1 after blood test right?
 
morning mummies

Kam: why good morning with a sad face? ;-)

Tongtong, Lyn, Pauline: I have received the swimsuits. Each one has a swim bag as a gift from Konfidence.

Tongtong: I received your email. I will check payment when i am back. Forgot my IB secure thingy in singapore so i can't do anything at the moment. Good thing, otherwise I will shop at BP section till last drop. Hahahaha.

Pixel: better play safe.. Since many H1N1 case report in this forum. Keep your son safe from you till you get better.
 
Nowadays no more testing to confirm if it's H1N1 or not. Except for high risk groups only. As long as you have flu symptom, most GP will conclude that it's H1N1.
 
<font color="0000ff">Luca</font>

Can't meet up liao. Hubby is having sore throat + runny nose + cough. He will see a doctor in the afternoon, think doctor may say he has got H1N1 also, cos he got 3 out of the 6 symptoms :-( Don't want to spread the germ to you.
 
Kam,
Oh, no more testing if it is H1N1.. Like that huh. That means if you have the symptoms, doc will give a few days MC and patient should quarantine themselves, is it?
 
Kam: You take care too. So scary to see many people got H1N1 like that.
My hubby started to concern abt my trip back in singapore now. ;-(
After that we have another trip to HCMC before I really settle down and wait for my delivery date in singapore. Quite worry actually. ;-(
I think everybody should wear masks form now, don't delay any further.
 


Kam,
Your hubby also got H1N1 symptoms? I hope he will recover soon. But how to keep your boy away from him? I remember you have no relatives living in SGP...
 

Back
Top