(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


wendy
my hokkien terrible
it was only these few years i know hokkien else, i really dun understand except those swear words
so a lot of ppl ask me i not singaporean ah?
wtf? do you need to understand hokkien to be a singaporean? nbzzz....
so, my boy name is like janbb, rojak lor

edit: actually until now i still dont understand hokkien. only know few words
 
LOL@pixie
So your boy also got your hubby dialect surname & the rest rojak like mine ah. Actually very funny if we change the surname to hanyu pinyin for my boy. Then the father & son will become different surname rite.
Hmm muz suggest to the birth certification dept to have specialist to assist in this area for new generation parents like us, kekeke!! Create Jobs for retirees esp!!! Think they sure can help!!
 
Wow didn't know so many hakka here. My hb also hakka but I'm hokkien..
But hakka go family name for chinese name, so all the generation 1st character same. So very difficult to give name to sound good...
 
harnor
my boy surname is xu, or koh in dialect
but name is hanyu pinyin kind...so its koh xxx xxx muahahahah, so damn rojak...seriously we scratched our head so much when filling in form...really dunno and gave up
 
Babe, my FIL hakka but he not particular. My hubby's generation already not following "jia pu" so I also no need to bother.

I used my father's side "jia pu" though which is 祺 cos I thought it's a unique character and I think my younger bro will never marry. Since my gal will bear my hubby's surname 张, it's a nice gesture towards my father for using this 祺.
 
Is a good thing that so many of our babies got this type of rojak name... next time when they go to sch, they will not be the odd one out, kekeke ;) Shameful mummy trying to find excuse now, heehee.
 
hehe, pixie, so your hubby's surname is Koh 许too? this 祺 not gu niang liao cos it's meant for boys. Actually my father said since no. 1 is a gal, if really want to follow jia pu, should use this 琦 but I didn't want. Cos I told him if next time I have a boy then got to change middle character to 祺. Then the siblings won't have the same middle character which I don't want. I want some consistency in that.
happy.gif
 
kitsune, i think gu niang coz if you dont see the strokes, a lot of women have "qi" in their names like shuqi, meiqi etc etc
so my hb always kena suan when young leh
 
Pauline, so ur gal also the same qi for middle name?

Heehee....
Now think of it, my kids' names also rojak
Yee Wei
Yee Zhe
 
Janbb,

Ya loh, so qiao. Your boy's name and my name only different by 1 chinese character. Hehehe.
happy.gif


Pixie,

My chinese name is Bingyun. Luckily the last name is more feminie, if not really like boy's name leh. Initially, my grandpa (father's side) wanted to use a very opiang chinese character for my last character (Grandpa insisted that he must name his first inner grandson who is my bro and granddaughter who is me), but my mum stopped him and insisted to use "Yun". Heng my mum saved me siah.

But now since grandparents from father's side already not around, we don't care about the "Jia Pu" already. My bro also consulted fengshui master for my nephews' names and both their names are totally different! So our "Jia Pu" goes down the drain liao.
 
I think to our children's generation, no one follows "Jia Pu" already...

Or any mummies here need to follow "Jia Pu" for our children? Can share?
 
hehe, if I have a boy, I'll make sure his 3rd chinese character is manly so that won't look so gu niang eg. 祺炫 or 祺宇 or 祺耀. Dialect name may be Kay Hyun or Kay Yu or Kay Yew. Haha, just throwing up some names lar. I told hubby for no.2, I'll let him choose all the names, I lazy to think liao. ;)
 
krystle
fwah bingyun leh, sounds so middle. like either male or female oso can. androgynous if you get what i mean.

my side jia pu oso gone. my hb's side. his bro's DD, his sis's DS, and my boy all got different names- he xuan, xian rui, jin kai
haha!
 
babe, yup, hers is 祺. But we were tempted to change to 旗 cos if count the strokes, this one is better but meaning wise 祺 means felicity or good fortune so it's better.
 
if i have another child, i sure name my child a good angmoh name. chinese name just count strokes by master can liao
 
kitsune
xandall
i like lah. i feel nice. just want to make sure both kids have similar one lor. like xan-xxx or xxx-dall
 
haha, ya lor wanted to name my gal Kee Wee or Kay Wee to be more inline with her chinese name but hubby said next time people call her Kiwi fruit so cannot. :p

If no. 2 is a gal, hubby wants to name her Raemin but I told him not Eng not chinese, bu san bu si. I don't like. :p
 
Pixie,

Ya lah, my chinese so man. When people heard, they will comment "why use such man name"??? But to be frank, I like my chinese name leh. Considered unique. I pity my younger cousins loh. Coz till the time they are born, almost many characters being used up by older cousins, then their chinese names sound weirder.

I think nowadays we are more adventurous to try new and innovative names for our children. Xandall, Jayden etc... Not the typical John, Peter anymore.
 
Pixie, how about Xanlynn? Xanne? Xandy? hehehe.

I wanted Raelynn lor for no. 1 but hubby said sounds like "railing". Aiyah, he very fussy one lar, only knows how to veto but not to suggest. That's why this time I leave the headache to him then my turn to veto. hohoho!
happy.gif
 
cheryl
mylvera would be honoured hoho

krystle
i not preggy leh
if #2 is boy, i wouldnt know what to name him. maybe randall or aandall or what?

kitsune
if #2 is gal, i know what to name liao.
xandrea, xandyse, etc etc
 
krystle,
wanted to tell you long ago your gal name is very special but how to pronounce ah?
So what are you going to name your #2? boy this time rite.
 
JanBB, I don't know leh, Dr Joycelyn Wong said she can tell me by 16 weeks. Dr Loh from KK made no such promise. You got the hao zi right? ;)
 
yup, factory can close shop.
Going to name Jayden's meimei as Jayna. finally confirm her name ;)

Hope u get a boy this round but dun stress u, meimei is equally gd!!
 
If boy boy, it's good for hubby lar, can do boys stuff with him. For me, I love gals lor cos I think they'll be very 'tie xin', next time if she marries, I'll gain a son but won't lose a daughter. Boys ah, I don't think I can't say the same lor. Depends on what kind of DIL I get. :p

Mylvera, your no. 1 and no. 2 both boys ah?
 
Pixie,

OOps, sorry!!! I thot you preggie. Very blur me.

Janbb,

Thanks! Actually my girl's english name and chinese name sounds similar (I purposely one so invented a unqiue english name to cater the chinese name.) Pronounce like "E-sian".. But her chinese name is Yi Xuan (consulted You Long Zi).

For #2, we have some names in mind and hope that it will be "Yi" something. But coz need to consult You Long Zi again so maybe will not be the same.. So we just see how later.

Anyway, "Yi" as 2nd character is quite versatile for boy or girl.
 

wendy
my hb really wanted to name our #1 xena if its a girl. lucky turned out to be boy...phew
xena??! laughing stock leh
 

Back
Top