(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


Chaye, yup, MOE trying to attract mid career professionals to switch to teaching so they may offer higher starting pay to certain individuals with relevant experience. So funny, you talk about Maplestory and I don't know what it is. My hubby's home liao and got so excited about the game, wanted to teach me to play. But need to whack snails and all that, I don't want lar. I can't even play Nintendo Mario games, always die one. :p

But hor, to clear the misconception, whether you teach Primary level or Secondary or JC level, the starting pay is the same. Eg. if you are fresh grad with no experience, you start with $2550 even if you teach JC. :p That's why last time I contemplated teaching Primary school but after seeing how rowdy the kids can be if the school has poor discipline, I got second thoughts liao. Hee.

Luca/Kam, yup I only did it for one day. After that, they never call me liao. Also good lar, I can't stand for long also.

Aiyah, no wonder nobody reply me about the i phone lar. The email I copy and pasted cos somebody I don't know sent to me. I just want to know if it's a good deal cos I'm thinking of upgrading my N85 mah. My hubby's contract expired since Jul this year. :p
 
Blessedbaby, yea I bot neoflam pan from OG at 30% too! I think I bot 24 cm one.

Chaye, yea hehe. I really love the egg I fried too hahah!! Cuz never can fry so nice using my normal wok, always stick :p hey share pancake recipe with me too leh! Going to make for shaun too keke

Toys: getting lego set for son ba

kam, actually i like neoflam because it's non toxic ba, i meanthe material they used to produce it.
 
re: xmas party cum bdae bash

I don't put my name down first can? Coz I'm going genting and would be back on 11th. If nothing goes wrong and I can make it for the bash, den i'll go and pay? is it possible? :p
 
Chaye,
Where got no stress? Ur friend hubby play games to de-stress la? In class, stress until nobody knows. Kitsune's hubby sick still got to drag himself to school.
Now post exams, then u see mcfluffy appearing to post her comments. the week before exam starts, every work from 6 am to 6pm. Clear marking, corrections etc..
 
Aye Aye! blackbatz, all jobs got stress lar. Although my hubby always claimed that he is not stressed but I see how he got to mark till the wee hours to rush and return the papers to his students sometimes, I know he's just making light of his workload lar. ;) The only highlight to teaching is school hols lor when he can explore his other interests and spend more time with family.
happy.gif
 
RE Biting and beating

Hi!
Really feeling angry with Elias these day..
He tends to for no ryme or reason beat and bite me and hubby. More towards me lately. Bite me monring all over body till some parts skin almost came off and bled a bit. When trying to stop him by talking firmy ad say No. He get frustrated and beat his own head always when he doesnt get his way and he will hit real hard himself and when I stop him he will start biting me again.

Feel sian and worried at same time...

Is this normal for our toddlers at 21 months to behave in this way.

Worst when angry he will anyhow take cot and slam at the side to block me from scolding him.
Very dam sian. Mil when caring ELIas must have given way to much till he became so really spoilt these days.

Hope to hear your views what should I do? Now my hand all hand bites from Elias including tummy area.. Argz..
 
tongtong and kitsune,
My hubby has to bring home his work and now he is working to do his monthly closing.

Fern,
What a headache indeed... There are 2 ways... One is to really beat him. Another is to make him stand in a corner whenever he is naughty. If he runs from there, put him there again and again until he obeys and stand there for 3 mins. Once he has done that, explain to him that he should never beat or bite anyone. If he does, he will get his punishment. Just my views...
 
Krystle,

I will try this out. Now my whole body brusied liao.. REally dont wish to beat him as he tends to imitate me... Hiaz..Just hope this is just a phase and he will get over it soon.

Look at his pictures and sometimes my heart just melt when he gives me the very very pathtic look when kena scolded lor
 
Fern,
I know beating is no good but sometimes cannot beat also cannot (you understand what I mean?)... Haiz... Coz the way you sounded, he is like not giving you and your hubby respect. Maybe it is too young to instil such things into our toddlers but have to let them know that they cannot bully their parents whenever they want.

Maybe I will face the similar problem when my boy grows up? Coz now as an infant, he is also rather fierce. My 21 mth girl is okay. She won't beat or bite us. She likes to kiss and sayang us. Maybe girls are different bah...
 
Fern,
You should take discipline into your own hands cos you're the parent. No point blaming others cos they're only the caregiver and not discipline master. Everyone has their own beliefs and opinion in disciplining their child so what we do might not be suitable for your son and you might not feel comfortable with it either. You are his mum, so you have to figure out a discipline style for him. Just my personal opinion...no offence.
 
Tongtong, ya, agree. Especially when he doesn't get enough sleep and falls sick. Then spread the bug to us cos cannot take MC. Sian. :p

Krystle, your hubby is accountant?
happy.gif


Fern, I think you can try to read some books on positive discipline to try and understand how and why your boy behaves in such a way. I've heard that children do not understand the negative expression. Eg. if you tell them "Cannot Bite mummy". They will only hear and understand "Bite mummy" That's why we get angry and they get confused. Instead, we should direct them to do what you want them to do and give them choices. Eg. "Come here and sayang Mummy" or "Do you want to read a book or go walk walk with Mummy?" Something like that.

Anyway, don't lose your cool. My gal beats people and throw things when she is frustrated. The more you tell her not to do it, the more she will. So, most of the time, we either ignore her or we distract her with something else. After she cools down, then I talk to her nicely and tell her to sayang everyone.
 
Hi all,

Thanks for all your opnions. I will try them and hopefully ELias will be a good boy soon. Hiaz. Handling boys are really tough. Unlike gals.. I was really fragile and soft as a toddler including my hubby. Elias is so different . Yah men. Will have to something re it. And like what Pauline says yah.. the more you ask them dont do. they will do more.( the negative words) Perhaps we need to use reverse ways in dealing with them and hope they will listen more lor

Thanks for all your opnions.
 
Fern,

Javier also had this biting stage. But he only bites daddy and grandma....not mummy...maybe I not fleshy enuff on the arms. He left 2 holes on my hubby's arm...he bite and pull the flesh kind, not just bite and let go. But now, no longer bite liao. His biting phase lasted few months.
 
hello mummies!
i got my new hp today, quickly trade in my still valuable N82 else die completely, for an iPhone.
since so many mummies recommend then i get lor...i like apple stuff anyway...
 
krystle
aiyah i exploring lor but very newbie...trial and error...i jailbreak the fone immediately when my boy went to sleep hoho
 
Pixie, so how much do you need to top up? My N85 worth less than $200 at Singtel shops. Now, N97 mini is out. Tempted but I think still need to top up more than $600, sian. :p
 
Luca
the workstation I bot is $32.90 at Tai Seng.

Tongtong
I bot Panjack pancake, very easy just add water cos all pre-mix. hehehe.. even when I bake cookie I will get pre-mixed flour too. haha
 
Haha.. I really don't like this sentence because this is what the public thinks of teachers.

"The only highlight to teaching is school hols lor" as what Pauline said.

Sorry no offence but do you know how much time of our holidays we spend going back to school to work? It may seem like it's the hols to the public, but we actually need to go back to work for 2 official full weeks of the dec hols. Then there's the unofficial side where u need to plan for next year's things etc etc etc. June hols is even worse because we still need to have extra lessons etc. ;)

So i really hate it when people say that our job very good coz we have the LONG holidays. What crap! :p And we can NEVER take leave as and when we want unless it's childcare leave (when child is sick but who wants that?) and NO PAY leave. So even when we go for vacation, we only see 2 seasons, Winter & Summer.

So life as a teacher is really not great at all. Sigh.

Oops... I sound very grouchy here. Pardon me!
 
Anyway, yesterday I saw 2 groups of children acting very horribly. Sigh.

1) 2 boys held a stray cat by its neck and walked a long distance. The poor cat was dangling by its neck, looking really uncomfortable. Then the boys put it down and started hitting it and from far where I was standing, they looked like they were tying something around its neck. Anyway, I usually don't like cats but when I saw the boys ill treating it, i ran over and whipped out my hp and pretended to take photo of them. Asked them whose cat it was and the 2 stupid boys still dare to tell me it's theirs. Haiz... idiotz. Lie without even batting an eyelid! I continued chasing them until I asked them again where their parents were..and frightened them saying I wanna see their parents. Lol... then they ran away without the cat. So idiot. Very angry with them. :p

2) 4 kids ran off from the taxi they took without paying money. They bolted off once the taxi stopped and the poor cab driver could do nothing but to horn very loudly at them. Unfortunately hubby and I were with Celeste, otherwise, I would want to catch them too. SO IRRITATING!!! These kids really need a good lecture!!!!!
 
pixie,
I also wanna buy iphone. Got a lot of apps.. haha.. can download things and keep Celeste occupied when we are outside. :p I've got a E71, dunno can trade in how much.
 
hi Mufluffy,

Kids nowadays are really difficult to discipline. I saw too many teens behaving like they own the world.

Sometimes, its do make me wonder how to teach my own.
 
hi pixel,

which plan u sign up for the iphone?i m also thinking of either iphone or Sony 8 megapixel phone,heard iphone camera not that good??
 
I still waiting for my contract to end next june and changed to Singtel. At sengkang area, Starhub seems to have a lower coverage so not so clear and got interference all along. Currently using Samsung Jet. quite a nice phone. I got an Itouch leh, so dont know is it practical to get a Iphone next time. Hubby says sell the itouch first.
 
mcfluffy
buy lar. but my iphone a bit weird, i think spoilt. tmr must call up apple hotline liao

goodbb
i dunno leh coz i use my hb plan to sign up. his is singtel mah, mine is starhub. starhub no iphone
 
Wow arranging for Xmas bash...so nice but scheduled on Sun morn, I can't make it. What a pity! Haven't met out with you gals for a long long time..

Mid Dec bringing kiddos to Jap. Anyone has winter clothes to spare for 2 and 3+ to 4 year old? Don't really wanna spend on clothes if I can coz gonna be grounded after #3 comes out. Abit sayang. But still have to keep them warm coz we are looking at 1-10 deg. Geez...
 
Haha, mcfluffy, I can only speak on behalf of my hubby. As a teacher, 1 year got 3 months of school holidays. Of course, June got to go back more often, Dec also have to set aside 2 weeks to go back to school usually 1st week and last week is burnt.

But compared to other professional whose AL ranges from 18 -25 days a year, it does seem like a lot. But the other way to look at it is that for teaching, you do OT everyday, bring back work to mark or set papers/assignments etc so the school holidays is just claiming back the lost hours. I dislike the inflexibility of the holidays too, can never go to Japan to see cherry blossom with my hubby cos it's end Mar - early Apr (not school hols). But whenever I ask my hubby if he will consider a career switch, he tells me he prefers teaching cos only teaching gives him a real break to do his own things.

MOE also seems more open to female teachers taking no pay leave. At least I know Babe and another Feb mummy who have done that. Got a job waiting for you if you choose to go back to teaching. And if you really don't like teaching, can quit after that. My old workplace is not as flexible even though also govt service. Cannot opt for part time or no pay leave. So, got to quit lor if I want more time with family. :p
 
mcfluffy,
I also came across 2 boys who were trying to tie a plastic bag over a kitten's head. I stood infront of them and asked what they were trying to do. They stare at me but kept silent so I said I'll call the police if they abuse the cat...then they ran off. Really horrible!

babe,
I'm trying to sell off my boy's Fox fleece hoodie which he wore to Osaka recently. You interested? See item no. 11. Can give you a bit of discount lah.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/3204278.html?1257687059
 
hi pixiepixel,
Welcome to the iphone kaki club! I love this phone every single min! Been holdg it for more than 1 yr and only has intention to upgrade to 3GS and nothing else... Even my daughter loves my phone, she knows how to start "her" own app (as i d/l lotsa of kid's stuff) and using her fingers to swipe here and there, this page to nx page, etc. Turn on MXtube (3rd party app) to watch her Utube nursery rhymes, etc... fun fun fun for her...
Other mummies planning to change phone, i strongly recommend iphone. the camera is 3.2megapixel for 3GS. Can do file transfers and bluetooth if u load 3rd party software (crack phone version). many more functions like camera zooming, etc.

Re: abuse...
I dunno wat are the tots of these kids? and wat they'll become when they grow up? Abusive, psychotic, gangsters, hoooligans, etc etc. How can young kids have such horrible mentality and ill-treat a poor helpless animal... as i read the post, i feel damn sad for the cats/kitten...

anyways, can any mummies share with me your views of placing ur child in childcare nx yr (2yo) and if Carpe Diem gd? Or any reco in pasir ris area???
 
<font color="ff0000">Verene</font>
Was Joyce good? When will you get the photos? Share with us, k! I delay the photoshoot till maybe my #2 is about 6 months old, or when she can sit unsupportedly.

<font color="ff0000">Jess</font>
Welcome back! Had a good time?
 
Kam
yupz... had a gd time. and Javier had a great time. he enjoyed all the rides
happy.gif
and the arcade games (cos daddy and mummy win bears for him). hhahahaa....
 
aqua
haha.. gynae say my body is okie lei. but egg 'stubborn' dun wana come out. haha... so he say wait.. then give me pills for ovulation for the next cycle so that can conceive... -_-"
 
Jess, you all went to the outdoor theme park? great that you had a great time. I plan to go genting too but my the other half always got problem taking leaves, so sianz! maybe one day i will just go with the son without him! must teach him a lesson. lol

Mcfluffy, yea those kids were so horrible! I think I really have to start early and spend time teaching moral education to mykids too.
 
Jess,
Sounds like a great trip. Helped you to recharge? How's your hubby now? Feeling better? Still go ahead with TTC? Best of luck to you then!


Tongtong,
Shaun is back? Your hubby don't take leave huh, then how can he consume his leave? Can encash or forward to next year?
 
Jess, oh, did he give u clomid? i heard many pple took clomid conceive more easily, and some even get twins !
 
tongtong
we didnt go to the outdoor theme park this time. maybe next time ba. already not enough time to play with just indoor le. hahaha.. cos Javier wants to take the rides so many times...
happy.gif


Kam
my hubby ah.. he seems alrite la. but still i believe deep down is sad de. maybe will put TTC on hold for awhile?
 
Birthday Bash cum X'mas party
Date: 13 Dec (Sunday)
Time: 10am

Program includes:
1) Gift Exchange (buy a unisex present (budget $15) and we let the kids pick out the gifts or do lucky draw)
2) Cake cutting??? - Let's just get a simple cake from Four Leaves or some cake shop? Anyone driving there can volunteer to collect the cake?

To make things easier, we just nail down to 2 places - either

A. Go Go Bambini - http://www.gogobambini.com/ (Dempsey Rd)
B. Pilliwogs - http://www.thepolliwogs.com/ (East Coast)

We will decide if we are going to take the party package or not later. Budget with party package - $50, without party package - $30

1) Janbb - 2A + 2K - Ok with budget - Go Go Bambini
2) pixie
3) kam - 2A + 2K - Ok with budget - Go Go Bambini
4) tongtong - 2A + 2K - Ok with budget - Go Go Bambini
5) aqua
6) chaye - 2A + 2K - ok with budget - Go Go Bambini cos more centralised
7) Jacelyn
8) steph
9) Yvonne (ylim) - 2A + 1K - OK with budget - Both venue ok.
10) cherylkjh - 2A + 1K - OK with budget - Noth venue ok
11) Dorothy - 2A + 2K - OK with budget - Noth venue ok
12) grumpus
13) Lynn -2A+1K Okie for both venue
14) Godsent
15) Icy
16) Krystle - 2A + 1K - Ok with budget - Go Go Bambini
17) blessed serene
18) elmo_78
19) Mandy - 2A + 1K - ok with budget - GO Go Bambini

Morning mummies!
Godsent: Ray is attending Mindchamp since last mth.. so far so gd. he luv it very much.. his current class is 2 teachers and 5 students. ratio is pretty gd esp for new students to join, max is 8 in a class.
happy.gif


Jess: how's Genting trip? itz been almost 3yrs since i last went..
 
janbb, the xmas bash confirmed on 13 dec??? i duno even i can make it tht sunday coz it my bro birthday leh!
 
morning mummies

back to reality too
rushed to my mil place since x woke up late at 8.30....i supposed to start work at 9am leh hahaha

btw, i had my menses last mth 24th to 30th of october, then last fri 6th nov, spotting came again, and its like regular menses flow...but i know its not fresh blood coz its brownish...aiyoh chumz lah, coz its my first time my body is having such weird menses output. exactly 1 week apart then lai 2nd menses???!!
 
pixie, i dunno wat wrong with ur body... my body also cranky, menses cycle can be 22 days to as long as 42 days last mth. i juz bought BFW, will take it nex cycle and see how it goes
 
aqua
i first time in my whole life leh, menses is 1 week apart....so weird. since its brownish blood, i hope let it flow finish and clear off whatever remnants i have in my body
 
<font color="aa00aa">aqua,</font>
Think the birthday bash is more or less confirmed on 13 Dec (Sun). Juz need a few mummies' vote &amp; we can proceed to book the venue. U try to adjust your schedule and see if you are able to join us oki??

<font color="aa00aa">Kam,</font>
shld we have a <font color="aa00aa">closing date for our birthday bash's venue votting??</font> As at now, we hv 10 votes from mummies on the venue &amp; abt 19 mummies ONZ liao ;)

<font color="aa00aa">Re: Photoshooting</font>
Anyone heard abt this studio?
http://www.babyu.com.sg/
Their photoshoot pix look good &amp; babies are soooo cute ;p Is taken by korean photographer &amp; the studio is at their private hse near EXPO.
<font color="aa00aa">Understand many mummies hv done photoshooting before. Can share how much is your photo package &amp; which studio? Thanks.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">luca, pixie,</font>
Re: lunar@clarke quay
Aiyo, A Big Boo Boo to that place!! They were singing Chee Na oldies!! Almost wanna fell asleep, hahaha ;) I kept yawning &amp; yawning there &amp; left at 10.30pm. Very surprised to see that outside the pub was even more happening... Think the crowd is after 11pm, too bad, i need to rush home.
 



Back
Top