2007 Babies going to P1 in 2014 :)

looking at the thread subject again - 2007 Babies going to P1 in 2014 :)
ya, they were our babies in our arms and time flies!! they r going to P1 next year... so che bu de...
:oops:

haha.. then soon sec la.. poly jc and out to work then finally getting married and being married off... haha.. time files... by then our life will be much freedom if we are still healthy by then :)

my relaxed dh start asking me to check with neighbour upstairs if they can let go their P1 textbook to us *faintz*

ya, my dd lately keep talking abt bf leh.. not BFF ok is bf..

cutejojo
haha... bf lei... my girl also la,,, will say she like who and who,, say her classmate she choose who to b her bf la..
dont like who la... haha... they are like growing up adult... they are growing too fast

jojo, ya.. in our eyes they are still babies.. lol... you nvr tell ur dh if syllabus change how? haha
my ds keep tellin ppl he got 6 gf.. keep exchange drawing de lor.. piangz..

fen, ya.. our worries never ending de.. even they grow up , married then next we need to gan jiong abt our grand children

For uniform you can check school website. They usually state who is their uniform supplier. Then you can just go and buy.
I prefer this way cos can take our time to try out the sizes. :D

rainingbear, which sch is ur child going to?

Woodlands Ring lo....i'm a PR le...on the way SC....heng no need to ballot...:D
At 1st want to enroll her in Innova de, in house student care ma...
1st day already exceed the vacancies liao so 3rd day i go straight to WRPS....

yo rainingbear,
but I heard innova good leh, too bad it is too far for me hence go for the nearer one
check school website, I m kinda give up on that pri sch liao piss me off on the day of registration
the admin simply blur and the staff also don't bother to check the latest info or principle never brief their staff regularly on the changes
ask me to bring some doc which is not required and ASK me to go home to take

yo apchen,
my dh say syllabus only changed every 6 yrs so shld be alright wor..
but y arrow me to ask leh.. make me so aunty o_O

cutejojo,
*faintz* you realli go and ask?! alamark.. coz u mention ur relax dh ask you go and ask for textbook ma, so i say you should act blur ans him "if syllabus change how?":p

you jin cute leh.. haaa

yo rainingbear,
but I heard innova good leh, too bad it is too far for me hence go for the nearer one
check school website, I m kinda give up on that pri sch liao piss me off on the day of registration
the admin simply blur and the staff also don't bother to check the latest info or principle never brief their staff regularly on the changes
ask me to bring some doc which is not required and ASK me to go home to take

yo apchen,
my dh say syllabus only changed every 6 yrs so shld be alright wor..
but y arrow me to ask leh.. make me so aunty o_O

yo ~ some say good some say so so...i also not sure leh...i keen is becoz of the in house student care lo...too bad...SC already have to ballot liao...i PR far far see also no chance le....that's y 3rd day go straight WRPS....
u mean innova ah? sometime admin staff gugu one nah......

yo apchen,
I hvnt ask yet leh, that day the neighbour was having meal beside of us then dh ask me to approach him then he quickly go and buy food *faintz*

yo rainingbear,
not innova but admiralty loh all LKK..

Yoyo mummies, my little piggy will be going P1 too. She's going to St Anthony's Cannosian Pri. The orientation will be on Nov 13. Heard from her K1 classmate's mom said that the principle will be in the canteen to make sure the kids finish their food during recess time.

The sch will send an orientation package in early November so I have not yet buy any uniform or ask anybody for any textbooks as those kids staying in my blocks are majority from Feng Shan Pri..

I will most likely get my eldest to be more gentle with e text books so that it can be pass dw to her sister :) haha

cutejojo
lol... my eldest one basically might b abit forgettful but she take care of her things well :) so i guess for that it should b fine :)

u know my flash card i buy for her keep for small one still in good condition... now in the hand of my small girl she tear out my limated sheet la.. fold the cards la.. she is jz driving me crazy... haha

yo fen,
nowadays cc train them to bring their thing to cc and bring home everyday, let them hv the feel of how pri life gonna be and also they will bring back their stuff...
mine sometime don't even remember where she keep her rubberband, sigh..

Chinese text book jus change edition this year. So, if you getting old school books, can only get year 2013 edition.

fen9983
Yap, my younger one is piglet. :)
I like the new school in Woodland.. but no point registering her since will be getting her to join the elder one.

there will be a new school coming up soon but not too sure is pri or sec sch near to the greenwood woodlands.

I intend to stop my boy's CC end Nov too.
Then Dec will spend time bring him out, practise counting money and buying things, spend some quality time with him before he goes P1.
We're going on holiday 2 weeks in Dec too.

We had hamsters and my boys loved them. But very very very distracting.
I suggest you use the hamster as reward. E.g. can only get after starting P1 and meet certain criteria. :D

Hi Mummies,
Getting kids ready for P1 is very important. When my boy was in P1 (1st day), he wanted to buy a bowl of noodle and a drink. We were advised by school to only give $1 as pocket money but it wasn't enough. He knew how to count money and instead he borrowed from his new friend a dollar. When the aunty gave him back the change, he gave the change back to the boy not understanding that he has to return what he borrowed. :( Lucky we were there to see and the next day we got him to return the money and explained to him what went wrong. Remember to teach your children. :)

Btw, if any of you are looking for a Student Care & Enrichment in Katong area, I have a friend who was an ex MOE teacher from a reputable school. She is setting up a new school in Katong coz her current school at Roxy is full. If you are interested, you can email me. :) It's hard to find a student care with a Teacher as Principal. :) Just thought of sharing coz I had a hard time finding a good and decent student care for my son. :)

Just wondering what kind of school bag is more suitable for them? Trolley bag or a normal backpack?

Hi everyone,

It's really crowded here and I have a girl who is going to Primary 1 too.....
Time really files, we have become mummies for almost 10 years now, but very excited to see them grow...
Primary1 wasn't like that of the past anymore so I had started preparing her since 5-6 years old because I have another boy who is in the upper primary level and I see how he works crazily so I planned to train my girl from young, I am sending her into my tutor for class lessons..... I don't really like classes an prefers individual coaching unfortunately, there isn't any slots that my tutor can offer so small classes are formed instead, but I believe a small class has their advantage too... My tutor has been with me many years so I trust her because she does a lot of planning and guidance for me too, haha!;)

I don't know about you parents, but I still believe I must be kiasu :pespecially looking at the growth and direction of Singapore now otherwise they will struggle in the future...

Good Luck to all!

Regards,
Abi

Hi again,

Anyway I was looking for a piano teacher around my area, please help if you can.... I can return a favour by recommending my tutor to you ... hehe, paiseah :D

You can drop me a n email @ [email protected]. Thank you!!!!!!:):):):)

ya, time pass really fast and we r in sept now another 4mths plus til our piglets going to P1
about classes, I just withdraw my DD from her math class. find the math class is way too advance and we don't see much improvement hence stop

what do u think abt CMA? is it good choice for math?

hi all, new here.. my gal oso attending P1 nxt yr.

cutejojo,
my gal is in CMA for 1yr+ liao but withdrawing her soon as is more on abacus and calculation.
will send my gal to a sch more focus on P1 Math teaching instead.

I am oso wondering what kind of school bag is more suitable for them? Trolley bag or a normal backpack?
Trolley will b more heavy & difficult for them to carry upstair.. so confusing...

hi hi my dd2 is a piglet too. trolley bag not recommended by sch. kids tend to drag it down the stairs and create alot of noise. and yes the metal will add on weight to the already not so light bag with books.

for p1 not many books to bring so no need ergo bag per se. my bro bought one for my dd1 this yr, end up as white elephant cos the bag is big and not many books inside. so the bag topples easily. a normal shoulder-padded bag with front buckle should serve well.

I'm getting a simple ergonomic backpack. No trolleys.

CMA/Abacus type of enrichment is not suitable at this point of time unless your child can't even add basic numbers up to 20.

agreed with ahpeng, and that's what I heard from my colleagues about the trolley bag
accidents happen when they drag the bag down from stairs

my dd is weak in her math, I m thinking to send her to kumon.
thanks to her cc teachers, she improves a lot in English and Chinese this year :)
else, she may hv to attend more classes during weekends..

thks ahpeng & cutejojo for the advice :)

Any gd enrichment center to recommend for english & math?
my gal weak in every subjects.. sigh...
tough p1 ahead...

Cutejojo, my boy tried Kumon English & Math. Honestly, it's not for everyone. I love the English worksheets but the Math method is not suitable for local syllabus.
Anyway, I withdrew him because the centre's management was very bad. Can misplace school fees and poor communication.

hi thelittleonesinmylife,
agreed, my friends shared with me too coz she sent both children to kumon and only works on her DS not her DD
which branch did u send you child too?
just hope she build a math foundation before she goes to P1 so no choice got to source out 1 for her

Hi mummies, my gal also piglet, quite happy to discover this thread today. Yeah time flies! I'm having the pre P1 jitters right now. The academic standard is now so high, hope my gal can cope.

yoyo, morning :)

anyone plan for vacation to enjoy the surcharge free before they go P1?
next year onwards, hv to pay for surcharge le :(

cutejojo

now oledi paying surcharge, cos dd1 now in P1, so can only travel during sch hols..sigh... me not working so must save either one one "big" trip or go for small short trips :(

Re: math
aiyo my piglet still happy go lucky. wait til next yr she will die flat flat! ask her to do some work at home she will whine and whine. only wants to watch tv and play play play:mad: told her i stayed at home so i can coach her but she still bochap! haiz.... nect yr dd1 in P2 and dd2 in P1. i oso die flat flat......:p

going to Korea, Dec is snowing right? shiok man :)

cant think of where to go and guess we cant avoid the surcharge le :(

so fast, another 3 mths time our piglets are going to P1

Back