2007 Babies going to P1 in 2014 :)

hi mommies,

Kumon will not be my preference.... I have tried but I think it's personal perspective so I sent my child to small group of 3-4 for private learning instead...
Korea is a nice place, beginning or mid October will be a good time before the trees turn botak..

Abi

wah, shiok leh if snowing :)

I still haven't decide where to send DD to for her math class, any recommendation?

Also, dunno where to go yet..

indeed, the tuition ctr offered me not to use my deposit so that I can make use of it when I want to enrol dd for her P1 tuition
but I rejected, think that tuition method isn't suitable for her

Looking for an experienced tutor to teach my boy the chinese language.

He has been in Pat's school house for two years, so he has been exposed to the language (not completely a newbie). I want to build on this foundation.

We stay at SK (beside buangkok mrt) and prefer tutor to come to our home to our home to teach.

my email is [email protected]

I'll be ordering custom printed ergonomic bags from Aussie. Anyone wants to tag along for cheaper shipping? :D
As in can choose the logo & name to be printed :D

Have you ordered the school bag? Any website link?
I wanted to buy Dr Kong in Hong Kong but she doesn't like the design.
Similiarly to lego friends design, now waiting for new design to come out.

thelittleonesinmylife
how do u signup for 2014 classes already? which school is this? oh dear, I thought all signing up for classes were to be Jan/Feb 2014, didn't know signing up and filling up of spaces happens last quarter of 2013! my child is going to Nanyang and we have not received anything at all except notification of orientation date! someone mentioned buying school uniform from Bugis for Nanyang previously I recalled - does anyone know how many sets of white or PE attire to buy? don't want to over/under buy .. thanks

hello all!
I am new here.. Also a 2007 mummies like you here..now entering the next phrase for the kids.. going to P1 next year! hahaha...so many new things to learn as a mom!

for lower pri, my advice is to go for small group. one to one not advisable for kids at this age as they still need to "play n learn". giving them one to one will stress them unnecc. for chinese u can consider berries. i recommended quite a few and the feedback were pretty positive. unless u can get a few(say 4) kids including your child to get a tr to start a small group, that will be ideal. jus my few cents worth

thelittleonesinmylife
how do u signup for 2014 classes already? which school is this? oh dear, I thought all signing up for classes were to be Jan/Feb 2014, didn't know signing up and filling up of spaces happens last quarter of 2013! my child is going to Nanyang and we have not received anything at all except notification of orientation date! someone mentioned buying school uniform from Bugis for Nanyang previously I recalled - does anyone know how many sets of white or PE attire to buy? don't want to over/under buy .. thanks
My boy also going NYPS!

I've not even received the notification of orientation. Only told verbally at registration!

I'm going to buy at Bugis before orientation. Hate orientation crowd.
I am buying 3 sets of uniform and 2 sets of PE. Then see how it goes when school opens.

The centre I send my boy to for Math, P1 slots only left weekday afternoons a few vacancies. Weekend only left Sat 4.30pm slot with less than 3 vacancies if I'm not wrong. If you keen to know more can PM me.

Wow... quite happy to see more mums here. Next year, the little piglets will be in P1.

Since I have an elder one, I guess what I am worry about will be her English. Was wondering how to prepare her academically.

Pocket money - Depending on the schools as I know some schools canteen sell more more expensive than other. So, to decide how much to give, will actually depend on how much per bowl of mee/rice sell. For mine, we are giving her S$1.20.

School Bag - Was told trolly bag not very good. Me just buy those with abit more padded type.

Enrichment Classes - Sometimes, guess it is not about being Kiasu or not, but children are expected to know basic english and chinese. Thinking of just signing up for some CC english courses as the RC near my block timing is too early...

Btw, when are u all going for orientation? :)

I just withdraw my child from math class, will teach her from home and see how
childcare teacher feedback say DD is doing well so need not send her for any other classes
but will enrol her to ballet class, let her continue

will be buying school bag from msia, saw a few with good quality and same item in sg selling 20-30% higher..

our orientation is in Nov, my dd is a big eater so wonder how much is enough for her haha..

Cutejojo
Wow, great to hear that she is doing well. :) For ballet, I guess if the interest is there, then good to continue. :)

Yap, Malaysia bags are cheaper. I actually got some backpack when there is a sale. But as it is without any cute cartoon, I also bought 2 online from USA. My sis also bought another Princess bag from China. So, in all, I have about 5 school bags. :p Talk about Kiasu... but will let the elder one used one of them next year.

If not, I think i can dont need to buy school bags for at least 5 years, ie 1 year 1 bag... hehehee.... :p

Just got 2 dr kong ergo bags fon city sq mall. Now the new designs r nicer n not boxy any more. Quite light too. Hubby likes the fact tat the bag can b flattened when not in used, cos there is a board at the bottom which can be lifted up when keeping the bag flat.

finally found a student care for dd which is next to the primary sch and they hv just cnfm us
next mth orientation, aggrrh I m so nervous!!

I just got a HP and phone line for my boy.
Next year I will need to contact him so need a phone line.

Disabled 3G (no surfing) and told hubby to delete all games from the phone if possible.
Giving him an old old Nokia non-touch screen type of phone. Can call, can SMS.

hihi, I m also thinking if I shld get a basic handset for DD too..
I m afraid I cant contact her esp I was told they always q to make phone call in the general office and canteen.

thelittleonesinmylife

my kiddo is still phone illiterate so i wont get a phone at this point. can speak on phone and call out but duno how to text or send sms .. lol

by the way, i am going down to buy the uniforms at Bugis next week. how many sets u think we shld get? 2 sets of the normal daily wear and 2 sets of PE attire enough or too little?

u going down for the 16th Nov orientation? can say hello :)

2 random questions - do we need to buy ALL the books off the booklist given to us? and how much to give for kiddos daily lunch money?

by the way, u received any official letter from NYPS yet?

My kiddo is phone illiterate too! LOL! But I really need him to be reachable in case I'm late or I arrange for someone else to pick him up from school.
Teaching him how to call first (he doesn't even know my number!)

I'm getting 3 sets for daily and 2 sets for PE. Then no need to rush.
16th Nov confirm going. My no 92408363. WA me k?
I signed myself up for PV duties on 1st 3 days of school. LOL!

No official letter from NYPS yet. Getting worried. Intend to call them tml actually.

Don't buy ALL the books hor!!! There're optional ones.
I'm starting with $1 + bring snack & packet milk/milo. See how he manages then adjust from there.

tek koh
I received letter from hips le. They have gt this administration day that we parents need to settle the uniform and the books..
as for the books all is compulsary in my list lei only 1 which is optional. so will jz buy all lor... haha..

understand that some school will have meals@recess (optional) which i will be getting for my girl to c hw it goes after that :)

the littleonesinmylife
you so on lei.. pv for 1at 3 days.. lol... but i guess is gd as u can see hw ur little one progress :)

Are they even allowed to bring phone to sch? My friend's son have to bring phone to sch as he takes public transport on his own but need to apply from the sch to allow the kid to bring phone to sch.

My girl has her own line since 3 yr old but she still dunno my number so I prepared an emergency card (with address, mom n dad contact nos. etc) for her to put in her purse just in case she need she contact me.

Just went to check what r the low end phones for DD to use, saw few not so bad phone and is from $80-140 with sim card selling at 7-11

Hi mummies, my 1st child, also a piglet, going to p1 next yr! I'm also looking out on a suitable bag for him but don't know where to buy from yet, & if I'm going to HK in Dec, may buy from there instead.

hiya

Am glad to find this thread!

Ya so fast piggies all going P1 already.

Jen, read that Deuter ergonomic school bag is good. Am comtemplating that.

hiya,

OG I think. Friend got it at Beach Road Hawker army market.
offer $109. I have yet to check it out though. Like the sound of ergonomic :)

i saw the card size phone on groupon but for that price I m tempted to buy from 7-11 the Huawei hp which comes with sim card and touch screen haha...

Nobody answer my qtn... r they allowed to bring phone to sch? Some schs don't allow n some allow but have to apply for permission to bring. Did u all check before buying phone?

i didn't check if the sch is allowing kids to bring hp or not
but dh think I m very ks, P1 only bring hp moreover dd is going to student care..

for those going to student care, did the student care require your child to conduct health screening at any GP?

Hi mummies, was searching for some P1 info and came upon this thread...
Yep, can identify with all the anxieties of our piggies going to P1 sooooooooooon!!
Any one knows or can recommend a good after-school care centre near St Nicholas? i.e. AMK/Thomson/Bishan area. Pls let me know, thanks!

Hi mummies, was searching for some P1 info and came upon this thread...
Yep, can identify with all the anxieties of our piggies going to P1 sooooooooooon!!
Any one knows or can recommend a good after-school care centre near St Nicholas? i.e. AMK/Thomson/Bishan area. Pls let me know, thanks!

There's one at 163 AMK Ave 4. Within walking distance from St Nic and I think there are teachers who walk over to pick the girls up from the side gate.

Great to have found this thread!
DS is going to Temasek Primary next year. Anyone else?
Attended the P1 Orientation already.

Wow... everyone of us quite excited liao. :)

Meal
The allowance will depends how much the school canteen is selling. For eg, if a plate of rice is $1, probably, u like to give them $1.20 or $1.50
And some schools do provide meal options.

School Bag
Try not to get those trolley type. Can be a burden especially when climbing stairs.

Chinese Textbook
I only know the Chinese text book changed its version this year. So, if urs is 2013, then it is the latest.

Handphone
Tentatively not giving my gal yet.

Chinese Language For Primary Schools Textbook 1A/1B by Marshalls is the last yr that it will be used.

Went for the Orientation last Saturday...
Little one feels a bit nervous and a bit excited, overall still okay...
Textbook, uniform all settled. No mobile phone, no trolley school bag.

Back