(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

oooh, dylan still loves to cuddle with me. he will snuggle up and sit on my lap, especially when we are getting into bed. Its like breastfeeding position, except no breastfeeding! Sometimes, he will also go and cuddle with his daddy. very 'manja!'

botanist
i also find my boi very manja leh, he will cuddle his jie jie's softtoys and pat them etc...aiyo, machiam he is a gal like dat..but hor my gal also neber does that

hehe jr will kiss his bear bear too.

yiiiiiiii is wat jr will say when he see dirt/insects on the floor. There's once when he goes eeeeeeeee when he see a flying insect.. those small harmless one on the floor.. then step on it. Dead! Or he'll attempt to take and pass to me! *faint*

bluelily
mine will go yiii when he pass the common rubbish chute outside my house...or when he sees dirty patches on the floor..

Josh also love cuddling with me. He will reverse park himself on my lap and cuddle or hug me. Only once in a blue moon, he will do that to his papa.

Oh he loves his flatout bear and name it his 'baby', he will hug and cover the bear with his blanket before he goes to sleep. Kekeke... he is quite affectionate.

Steffi, must be u always eeee when u see dirty things rite? Think jr got his eeeeeeeee from me. haha. Next time he can help me catch cockroaches liao.

Josh v sweet leh! Still know how to cover blanket ah!

bluelily,

my one loves rubbish. always picking up rubbish and chasing bugs that are flying around! can die. Really dirty boy.

bbngg

yes yes! dylan loves to reverse park also. Very cute when they do that right?
happy.gif

Hello mommies,
I wonder if anyone of you remember me. I am the Singapore mommy, previously working in China. Then last Dec kena retrenched.... sigh....

Anyway, I just got back to Singapore yesterday and this time I'll be back for good, coz I found a new job in Singapore. Yippie!!!
happy.gif

But after being away for so long, I need help over here to settle in....

Basics first, where do you mommies normally buy milk powder and diapers? Anywhere got good deals? My baby Aidan drinks Pediasure.

Next big headache: Maid
Right now, I've "imported" our China maid to Singapore. But she'll only be here for 2 months to help us settle in, then she'll be going home. So I'll need to find a new maid here. Mommies who have maids now, can you please PM me? I need lots of tips like where to hire, how much, etc etc.

Really appreciate your help!!!

And girls, it feels sooo... FANTASTIC to be back home!!!!

Welcome home Higgledy. Yes I remember you and Aidan, the baby with dracula teeth.

Dylan's mom, yes it is strange that he will reverse park himself on my lap and he is always spot-on. kekeke...

Eh, Josh is also always picking up rubbish and killing bugs using his hand and he will pick them all up either to show me then throw away or he will just dispose it at the rubbish bin. Thank god he is over 'putting everything into his mouth' phrase or else really can die.

bbngg

really?josh is over putting everything in his mouth? Tht's great. dylan still likes to taste everything so very headache for me when he catches the bugs and picks up the rubbish. I'm thinking buying a small dustbin for the living room so i can encourage him to throw in the dustbin when he fnds these things.
happy.gif

higgledy,

best to look out for deals in the newspapers on thursday. If there is no sales, NTUC and Sheng Shiong usually has the lowest prices so you can get yr pediasure and diapers from there.

higgledy, rem u lar =D
i dun ve maid cant help u .. milk powder i buy frm ntuc during sales (hee... still partial BF-g, so can thong till sales)
heard from medical halls may sell cheap cheap.. but u prob ve to chk out those near ur plc else if u travel far to get bo hua liao

Welcome back Higgledy
happy.gif

Can find bulk purchase for diapers in the forum too
happy.gif
Anyway, I mostly buy from NTUC when there's promotion.

Mummies,
I want my boy to be a bit dirty leh...he's too clean for my comfort
sad.gif
Refuses to get his hands dirty. Bought play dough to play with him, he refuses to have it on his hands/fingers, GUG art lessons, he runs away. Anything got stuck on his fingers or feet, he would quickly removed the offending objects.

Ask my MIL to try get him dirty. So she bought him some flour and poured it into a tub. Then asked him to dip his hands in, he refused wholeheartedly.

I took him for walks recently, he picked up a dried twig, then quickly dumped it and refused to pick it up again.

Cham, how to go NS like this? Haha

Slimz,

I think GUG class does help leh
happy.gif
Ryan also starts to pronounce more words. So happy to hear him say 'ma na' for banana and water (diction and clarity is there for this word).

Been doing zoo phonics with him at home and he can do some actions for certain alphabets already
happy.gif

So happy today
happy.gif

Managed to cart back some old big books that my school has no more use for (really old stuff.

So excited and upon reaching home, first thing I did after washing my hands is to show Ryan my 'loot'. Thought he would be excited to see the books. Who knows he just stayed with me for a while while I read to him, then lost interest and ran away.

Hmm, guess I gotta fix a reading period for him daily. Afraid he might not like reading in future.

Dylan's mom, yes thank god he is finally over that phrase. What I did was whenever he pick up anything from the floor or table, I will remind him that he cannot put it into his mouth. And after a while, he got the hang of it, so now he will just pass them to me to throw or he will just put them into the bin himself.

phy, my sr totally bo chap abt the mess de lor.. go for walks she would picked up twigs, flowers, leaves everyting.. play doh no prob.. markers and stamps would dirty clothes n fingers.. brot her to those artncraft stalls at shopping ctr (see the hello kitty i did with her) .. she got her hands n clothes all stained
2500557.jpg

headache.. not girl at all .. but daddy din mind coz he wanted her to learn tings the 'natural' way

phy btw, u bot the zoo phonics cards? or u did without the cards? sr can do A, K, S & T nia.. i did with her without the cards, jux 'sing' thru all the 26 with the actions nia..

slimz, sr can guai guai stay there n do the hello kitty with u? jr cant stay still for a moment! Every nite after work from then time i reach home till bed time, he'll be walking ard to n fro non stop. Every nite sweaty n stinky.. no more baby smell now! Jr also like to pick up rubbish on the floor.. he loved to pick leaves.. now got new hobby. Go ntuc ask us to peel the sticker off the oranges then stick on his hand.. or he'll stick it on his own thigh or our arms/clothes. haha!

Hi mommies,
thanks for all the advise.

Any mommies with maids here? Please PM me. I need to find out about the agency charges, start-up costs etc. Coz I'll prob need a new maid by end June. But I only start work 1 July, meaning I will only get my 1st pay check end July. Very very siong.....
sad.gif

slimz,
Didn't buy the cards lah, too expensive. There's a website with the zoophonics flash file, just flash it and show him lor
happy.gif

Pm you the website
happy.gif

slimz,
Me envious leh... really wish that Ryan would take to art and craft. I bought some water color paints from school bookshop, intend to let him try painting again. Keeping fingers crossed that he will not protest.

Took him for a hair cut the other day, screamed and kicked up such a fuss. Pulled and squirmed and scratched his face. End result? Rashes on face
sad.gif

I'm thinking of buying a razor and cut his hair myself.

hi higgledy, welcome back home!
i also dun have a maid so cannot answer your question.

ladies, i just read some scary stories about LV at grassroots club and NYP! aiyo... apparently, some forumers said that a teacher abused a 4 yr old kid ( said to be at grassroots club LV) with chilli padi and she was charged in court! and the forumers actually posted negative comments on NYP! faintzzzzzzzzzz

so now how??? i tot i finally narrowed to these to cc but seems like i dun dare leave susu there anymore! double sighs...

tub ya i rem seeing this chilli padi article b4. Not too long ago. Think depends on the teachers at every branch ba. LV is franchised mah. Sure will have some "bad horses" ard. Which branch u looking at?

tub,

best to go down during school hours to observe? but i think if you are concerned, you should raise it with the school as well. See how they respond.

Its very hard to find a suitable cc, very headache!

phy, tanks for ur email =D shall flash it for sr.. u bot water color instead of poster colors? ehh.. act water color is those more watery type rite?

jane, sr was able to sit there n do the hello kitty.. she din wan to go off aft dat .. she made a mess lar, if u look carefully, the kitty's left thighs and the bear.. ultra colorful coz those were under sr's charge. the ribbon too =P

phy toking abt haircut, my mum cut sr's hair dat day.. amazingly she din put up a fite.. did it in the bathroom during her bath .. she oni went 'pa pa' (aka scared scared) when the wet hair stuck on her body n my mum had to wash off the hair as and when she cut..

Hey phy
Can pm me the zoo phonics stuff?

Higg
Welcome home
happy.gif

Mums
Any gathering for our dec babies n mums in near future? Hope to join in as always can't make it.

<font color="aa00aa">botanist, hen,
glad to hear your kids are sleeping better at nite.
hope u gerls will have better sleep at nite too..hehe..

claire,
oooh...lucky u that yuru has called u mummy w/o u asking.
have yet to hear faiq call me that..sob sob..

phy,
u doing zoophonics flashcard with your boy?
i'm putting faiq in zoophonics next month.
been doing the GD flashcards with faiq since he was 6 mths.

higgledy,
welcome back!

tub,
yup that teacher was from LV nyp.
but she no longer working liao.
i think the crux of it was that her son was in the same center as where she was teaching..so being an emotional and over protective mum she cannot control her anger when the pupil was behaving aggressively towards her own son.

wana share with u gerls faiq's achievements..he is still babbling but is more knowledgeable now.
can point to the following things correctly:
1) a to z when i asked him to point to me randomly
2) knows 1 to 5..can put the correct number of items into a basket when i asked him to
3) knows the first 7 arabic letters
4) animals - tiger, lion, zebra, giraffe, elephant, orang utan, gorilla, snake, flamingo, peacock, bear, camel, sheep, duck, rabbit, hen, dog, cat, frog, bird, polar bear, etc
5) living things in the sea - dolphin, shark, stingray, manta ray, whale, sawfish, clownfish, anglefish, coral, seahorse, starfish, sea urchin, octopus, eel
6) nature - star, moon, crescent, tree, grass
7) body parts - head, hands, legs, hair, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, fingers, elbows, back, belly button, knees, toes
8) transport - MRT, bus, car, aeroplane, helicopter, lorry, motorcycle, ship
9) colours - red, blue, green, orange, purple, pink, yellow, white, black

i am a very proud mummy...hehehe..</font>

Lynzi,

Ya, when I'm free after work I'll do a bit with Ryan. But he has very short attention span so achievement not as great as your son's
happy.gif

Faiq is really good! Must attribute his learning to his devoted mummy
happy.gif

Slimz,
I got the water colours coz more watery.. gonna try out this weekend hopefully. Die die must get him to do some art stuff haha

<font color="aa00aa">phy,
i'm going the zoophonics at thomson.
thanks..but some of my frens said i'm very kiasu..sighhh

tub,
alamak salah info..
yup yup the grassroots one..not nyp.</font>

hi mummies,
jus fyi.. ended up going for the op. had another attack last wk. at home now recovering.

how r e rest of the babies?

lynzi,
faiq has picked up vocab really well. kudos to u n ur dedicated discipline.

Claire,
tt sounds fun. hav gd trip. we were planning to do a short trip end of june too.. 3 yr wedding anniversary. but havn't cnfirm anything yet coz of tis op n e fact tt we'r quite broke too.
happy.gif
c hw la.

botanist, dylan so sweet.. give name to bear. mine, the flatout bear is stuck between the vertical railings of his cot. he purposely put there. and hangs cookie monster between the wall and cot using the cookie. Apart from that I dun remember he being nice to his cot 'friends'. he's always throwing them out from the cot or chewing up their feet and hands.

higgledy, welcome back n congrats on your new job.

lynzi, wow, faiq really good eh... mine if ask him whatever if he doesn't know he goes "Ma" like real like that

jeelomeelo, sr oso chews her stuff toys ears, hands, feet and poor elmo n cookie monster ve their eyes being chewed too =P
recently we've been sitting all her stuff toys with her on bed b4 zz-time and do bedtime reading tgr with them. she will hold their hands to touch the animals/flip the pages etc.. really is monkey c monkey do =P

Claire,
I've finally decided to go down under again
happy.gif
So happy, leaving next Friday night! Yo hoo!! Holidays! My precious holidays! haha, going a bit mad here after seeing and talking to 20 parents (teachers-parents dialogue session)

Lynzi,
Well, you just wanna give him a good head start as you were in Education service before and know how it is like in primary school...nothing wrong with that but perhaps don't overdo it bah.. lest it kills his natural curiosity and enthusiasm to learn
happy.gif

mummies who had c-section for this pregnancy.. do you remember how long it took you to recover from anathestic and start moving?

phy, we decided to print the "thing" in photos (no need laminate) and paste ard her room =D
thanks for ur tips and offer ..
enjoy ur trip wor .. we'll renew sr's class coming wkend provided the same teachers come along

phy
yay! have fun
happy.gif
meet parents sessions can be really tiring, esp when everyone wants to drag the slot longer. I can imagine pri school must be tough coz 1 teacher teaches most subjects...so sure have something that the parents wanna ask about :S

deerdeer
r u talking about csec with epi or with GA? Mine was with epi, awake throughout, but only started to get down and walk on the day after op. With my #1, I only got down 2 days after op. latching on was within a few hours (i think 4 hours). But I have really bad reaction to epi (giddy, nausea, chills) so even after it wore off I was still pretty tired from the side effects.

my hb too long nvr watch free-to-air already...yesterday then he saw the ad for little club live concert and asked me to get tickets for it. So this sunday going to go for it...i think YR will probably enjoy it more than her sis, #1 pretty much grown out of Barney and Bob the Builder.

Any mums can feedback on following?
Zoophonics
GUG

Am enrollin my eldr one to Zoophonics in end June tentatively as withdrew him aft the HFMD issue. Am then thinkin whether to enrol little QJ for wkend enrichment class.

Back