(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

just to check with all the mummies here, do ur babies sometime wil not want to drink milk once or twice a day?
My boy now coming 8weeks, since last sat, there will be one feeding time he wont want to drink milk and insist on water and he can finish more than 80ml water! He is now drinking 120ml every 4 hours, normal right?
Eg. he will drink 120ml at 3am, 120ml at 7am, then 120ml at 11am, then when come to 2plus for feeding, he refused the milk and will only drink water then after a few hours, he is back to normal again by drinking milk.
Although the nurse told me it's not alarming, but still i quite worried. Even hub's colleague sad that the baby is slowly adjusting.
Being a first time mummy, tend to get paranoid, haizz!

hey, not sure if that mummy is a member of this forum, but that baby is 2 mths old right? so means the muumy is a Nov or Dec mummy lorh...our babies also about 2 mths old liaoz.

the news reported that the mummy is currently under investigation.

linda

i read in the other threads that the maid was being ill-treat by the ex-employer who is the baby's grandmother

csi fan

the mummy is also a member of this forum.

Linda,
I think it should be ok. My boy is also refusing milk since yesterday, esp the afternoon feed. It happened last night too. But i'm not sure if he just doesn't want to drink or is it he's rejecting the bottle. He's drinking at 80-100ml on a 3hrly basis. It's his feeding time, so i feed him milk. Will drink a few mouth, then he stop and start crying out. After calming him down, he will take in a few more mouth again before starting to cry again. This just happened and now he cried until sleepy already.

Is he just rejecting milk or rejecting bottle?

Mummies who r still feeding breast milk, do u all feed them yourself or get someone else?

eve,
only me n hubby bottle feed baby. other ppl haven't tried yet. apart from breast milk, i don't give him anything else.. not even plain water.

i think my case is the same as u, eve. he will drink a bit and cry. i didnt want to force him to drink, so i let it be. few hrs later, he drink his milk again. i think he reject the milk.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20080205-48359.html

AN Indonesian maid has been arrested by the police for abusing her employers' two-month old baby boy at their home after video recording showing her hitting and kicking the infant was posted by the parents on YouTube.

The maid, who is in her mid 20s, has been released on bail, following questioning by the police. But investigation is still ongoing.

The baby's parents were was shocked when they saw recorded images of the maid abusing the baby in her Paya Lebar Crescent home, which were captured by a closed circuit TV they had installed recently.

They filed a police report on Jan 26, and also posted the video recording on YouTube, outraging many Netizens.

The series of six videos (http://youtube.com/user/oreomummi) has attracted more than 36,000 views.

Many who saw the videos bristled with anger.

PrincessJuly83 said in her posting: 'I'm so angry after watching the videos. How can the maid do something inhuman like that?? I'm a mother of 2 and I know how heart breaking it is to see your own baby getting abused liked that. I hope the baby is fine, without any internal or external injuries.'

Another said: 'I am so upset about it. Really angry with the maid. Never comfortable with having maid taking care of baby and young children without other adult around them. Good that you have CCTV and find out early. poor baby.'

Another angry Netizen added: 'Can we know which agency this maid is from? And what is the punishment for this maid?. Hope she doesn't just get away by just sending back to her country. Hope that baby is healthy though.'

The employers said they decided to install the CCTV after reading media reports of maids abusing their young charges.

They were horrified and shocked when the very first video recording they did caught the maid in the violent act.

'The maid appears mild and gentle in front of us. We never suspect she would be so cruel to our baby,' Madam Wong was quoted as saying by an online site.

She decided to put up the video on YouTube to warn other parents who have maids looking other their babies.

btw how does milk rash looks like? my boy has red patches near his right ear n on his ear lobes. they r a bit rough in appearance. wonder if it's milk rash cos sometimes he vomit out milk while sleeping n he often sleep on his right side.

eve,

i'm feeding breastmilk via bottle myself. sometimes also let bb latch on.

as for bb rejecting bottle/milk after a few mouthfuls and start screaming - it happen to me a few times. but it was becos bb had colic and lots of air in tummy and kept screaming in pain & crying.

eve,
i bottle fed my bb FM n EBM first mth.. den latch her directly til now (2mths) aft milk ss established..
sometimes wil feed her water wich she sometimes reject .. there was 2x during my "latch-on" period dat my MIL fed her FM n bb was ok..no rejection..
as i'm gg bk to wk in mid mar..will start wean her in the coming 2 weeks

botanist,
the reason why i ask if when i carry him to bottle feed, he will turn towards my breast. and i remember the lactation consultant ever suggest someone else to feed him if he has such a problem.

slimz
my bb was introduced to the bottle when he was 2 wks old. he had no problem with it until recently. maybe he's cleverer now, i guess. so now i'm trying to bottle feed in the afternoon n slowly allow him to latch on only at night. he was almost getting used to it until sun when i latch him on the whole day as we went out. Since yesterday, he starts to cry again when bottle fed. but seeing him cry until face all red n no sound, a bit heartache n want to latch him on.

eve, my son does that too... but he has yet to reject the bottle cos maybr too hungry n desperate liao. but sometimes he obviously wants to latch on, esp for comfort or when going to sleep... but i just let him cry or gave him pacifier. after fighting a bit he usually accept pacifier.

Hi Dinut,

Busy Baby Wraps :
1. Botanist - Snowflake blue (confirmed) -Ok with shipping cost
2. Constance - Natural (confirmed) - Ok with shipping cost
3. Eve - Pink confirmed) -Ok with shipping cost
4. cookiemz - Natural (Confirmed) - OK with shipping cost
5. cookiemz - Snowflake blue (Confirmed) - Ok with shipping cost
6. Elaine - Hip Green (confirmed)- Ok with shipping cost
7. Dinut - Natural
8. Slimz - Pink (Confirmed) - Ok with shipping cost
9. CSI_Fan - Natural (Confirmed) - Ok with shipping cost
10. Cove - Pink (Confirmed) -OK with shipping cost
11. Mongs - Pink (Confirmed) -OK with shipping cost
12. alien ([email protected])- Natural/Snowflake blue-2nd choice (Confirmed) - OK with shipping cost

hi me got problems wif feeding too... as mentioned in earlier post. my bb drinks 70-100ml per 3 hours. most times, she stops at 70, then wail and cry for pacifier. on good days, she finishes the rest of the 30 mils after some coaxing. i went to mrs wong... she couldn't do much too. just hope that the milk strike will be over soon.

eve, i feed the bottle myself. no choice when u r home alone wif bb. when my mum comes over, she'll feed. if hubby is bk, he does most of the feedings too.

she feeds the bb for me, gets her staff to massage me 1st time i went and gets bb to latch on. i think it depends on your problem.

eve
I always bottlefeed bb myself too, when only me and maid at home with bb.
Didnt really have much problem with the nipple confusion issue.
happy.gif

hi ladies

would like to seek advice on maternity leave. My maternity leave starts on 5 dec. If i were to take the full 3 mths, shld my maternity leave ends on 5 Mar? So m i supposed to return work on 6 Mar or 5 Mar or issit supposed to b 4 Mar??

Thanks

cry baby,
guess u will ve to read up ur company staff handbook or ask ur comapng HR dept..
i tink 3mths ML is act 12weeks .. so u count 12weeks from 5dec .. ..

slimz is right, the actual ML shld b 12 weeks, so if u were to count from dec 5 onwards, you will have return to work on 20 Feb if i nvr calculate wrongly.

slimz, Linda

Thanks for e reply. My HR sent a letter that stated my end date is 3 mar and I m to return on 4 mar. I find it strange that it shld end on 3 mar. Thought e 2 mths will end on 5 Feb, then e 4 weeks shld end on 5 Mar or 4 Mar. Abit funny to be 3 Mar. Thus thought if any of u ladies started e same date as mi may b able to share with mi when u r going back work.
Guess i will call n clarify my HR tom.

sigh.. we lugi on e xmas, new year n CNY public holidays.

any of u ladies going back work soon? anyone started storing BM for baby in preparation for going back to work?

linda,
my ger has been skipping milk v frequently nowdays... she is gg to b 8 wk old... onli drinking 80mls per feed... m also pretty worried

eve,
i bttle feed her though she still on TBF but i express all out s i wanna monitor her intake...

hi mummies,

would like to check with you all do your baby vomit milk frequently? my girl keeps on vomitting milk almost every feeding. the most headache part is she alway hungry. is it common?

when i let my girl latch on, she will suck and whine at the same time and keeps on struggling. anyone has such experience? how to handle?

hi crybaby,

i had started going back work on and off for 4 days. i will start work on 12th feb 2007 and will take leave on and off. yes, i did. when do you plan to start work?

tricia,
my ger also struggle n whine during feeds.... she cant even finish 100mls 2... usu, i tried all sorts of way to pacify her. headache

Hi all,

These few days i found that my gal dun poo poo everyday since she was fed with FM occassionally. She will poo like every 2 - 3 days. Even though i do supply her wif BM but still the same didnt poo everyday.

I remember last time when she on total BM, she will poo everyday & even a few times per day. So i getting worry whether is she having constipation even though she do poo once or twice every feww days. Anyone can advise?

Jaz
my son is also drinking ard that amt recently. used to drink 100ml. these few days also start to skip some feeds n each feed is only 80ml at most. not sure if it's due to his flu or simply don't want to drink due to bottle rejection.

how quickly do babies recover fr runny nose n cough? it's been 5 days since i brought him to see the pd. still haven't recover. a bit worried it will get worse.

there's a bp on lanisonh milk bags. anyone interested to get to meet the min qty?
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1235902.html?1202258477#POST4271204

hi dinut, can i still order?
Hi Dinut,

Busy Baby Wraps :
7. Dinut - Natural
12. alien ([email protected])- Natural/Snowflake blue-2nd choice (Confirmed) - OK with shipping cost
13. gloomybear - Natural (Confirmed) - Ok with shipping cost

joanne, dont worry...my girl is also like that, poo every 2 days. very consistent. she is on FM and EBM as well. it's normal, dont worry. as long as not more than 4-5 days, then maybe ask PD.

mummies, daddies, babies, gong xi fa cai wor!! huat ah!!! babies, remember to charm all the uncles and aunties for many many hong baos wor!!

Hi Tricia

I had thought my ML ends on 5 Mar n taking another 2 days leave fr there. Juz spoke to HR... sigh... they said 2mths ends on 4 Feb and e 4 weeks followed ends on 3 Mar. So I would b back to work on 6 Mar. How time flies.

my gal cries too sometimes when i latch her. she will seem to b talking (or grumbling) with my breast in her mouth n struggling. Dunno to laugh or b upset.
Regarding e vomit of milk, i dun think its anything serious. It could b overfed or e digestion prob. You may wanna hold baby slightly upright during feeding n 5-10mins after feed to help in e digestion.

hello all,
happy chinese new year. wish all mommies/daddies/babies a healthy year ahead and may all our babies grow happily and healthily!

hi crybaby,
i envy you that you don't need to start work so early. my boss keeps asking me to go back to work soon as the company is shorthanded. i do not whether if i am able to manage between taking care of my little girl and work. furthermore, i may be going to take up part time course in mid of the year. STRESS!!!

i will try the method to see if its works.

hi jas,
i feel so tense up when she whine during feeding time. if your bb drink every frequently, you dun have to worry too much.

Happy New Year!!!

hi, is the busy baby wrap BP still open?

I would like to tag on and order 1 (one) black wrap.

I dont have an account with SMH. My email address is [email protected]

EMQ

thanks mummies for your interest in the wraps.
i'm glad to help us get a good deal...coz i feel it's important for us as mummies who are olredi spending lots for our dear ones
happy.gif

since more people are interested...i'll open more order slots cause i must order in 10s to enjoy wholesale price but it'll be limited to 20 to avoid further delay.

once it hits 20,i'll place order...here's the updated list:

Busy Baby Wraps :
7. Dinut - Natural
13. gloomybear - Natural (Confirmed) - Ok with shipping cost
14. Reserved for S@l (please advise colour)
15. Resrved for Melissa Gan (please advise colour)
16. Reserved for emailmequicklyEMQ (please advise colour)

i need 4 more to close!
dun worry abt payment details...will advise later
happy.gif

botanist,
thanks for offering to help
happy.gif
can you pls e-mail me your address then? [email protected]

busy baby wraps

Hi Mummies who have placed order with Dinut for Busy Baby Wraps. I'll be helping to co-ordinate once the wraps reach S'pore so please send me your details so I can arrange for the wrap to be sent to you.

Pls use this format & send your details to my account: [email protected]

Nickname:
Email:
HP:
Busy Baby Wrap Colour:
Choice of collection: self collection / postage / registered post

If you opt for postage, please provide me with your mailing address. For self-collection, it will be at my place at Farrer Park (near KK Hospital). Can confirm time for self-collection later on.

I'll advise on the local postage charge once the wraps arrive!
happy.gif

My bb hv been pooing less, now abt 1-2 times a day, some days, actually totally din poo in a day.

These few days, when drinking her milk, she wld get "pek chiek", then cry, then continue to drink after some coaxing. Got a few times she cried after drinking milk, then vomit some milk out when I try to burp her.

My girl's intake very irregular at the moment. Sometimes drinks only 100ml, sometimes, she finishes 2 bottles of 100ml. Sometimes, she drinks every 1.5hr, sometimes 2 hrs, sometimes 3hr.

Mummies, can u advise how to develop some kind of routine wz the babies? (ie feeding time n sleeping time, poo time, etc). I hope to train my bb to sleep early n wake up less in the nite so that I can get some rest.

tricia, jaz, hen,
my girl oso tends to wrestle wif my breasts wenever i feed her .. and her feeding times r veri irregular .. sometimes as short as 1.5hrs.. sometimes as long as 5hrs ..

botantist/dinut:
tankoo for the wraps.. =D

crybaby,
i'm gg back to work on 11march .. haven start storing milk leh .. issit nec? my MIL n mum disallow bb drink frozen milk .. haizz.. so sianz..

slimz

i was juz wondering shld i start storing now, in case e supply not able to match her demand when i m back work. My fren was teling mi freezer can store for 3 mths. So was wondering shld i start accumulating now. my hubby dun like to freeze e milk as he said very mah fan to thaw.

My baby used to be able to sleep thru e night. But these few days she started to act up at nite n wake up crying too. We ended up having to pacify her, feed her n try to get her back to sleep again. anyone have tis prob? really dunno y is she like tis.

Back