(2007/11) November MTBs

michviv,

I am keen on the Mandarin Doddle Bugs class.

PDS trial - Mandarin Doddle Bugs (28th March or 4th April)
- Ashlyn (Grace)(hopefully 28th Mar)
- Hazel (Poochi)
- Ethan (michviv)(both dates ok)
- Ethan (Jadefeet) (both dates are ok)

BTW, what do they do during doddle bug class?
 


Jadefeet: From what I understand, there are 2 arts and craft sessions at the table, free-play, circle-time and snack. I've asked PDS to send me more info on the theme for this term and other activities. Will update when I know more.

In the meantime, all mummies who are interested, please PM me your email address and hp number ok?

Thanks!
 
grace: My doctor say I am free to go shopping the day after my lasik surgery when I went back for a check. I think it is fine, as long as u dun go to very dusty places etc, indoors shd be quite safe. By the 2nd day, u shd see much better already.
 
Grace: Hee...u cant wait to go out ah. Rem to wear sunglasses and avoid direct sun.

MM: I received the clippies yesterday. So nice wor...i really like them, all of them! Thanks!!!
 
K@ye,
juz stock up fr NTUC.. the empty boxes are starting to pile up in ZY's room as storage boxes now.. ZY still wearing M leh so dare not buy too many in case she outgrows. I still hv 3 boxes of L unopened..
 
Kat, Claire only upgrades to bigger sizes but not smaller sizes coz she got thunder thighs! Hehe..she is on XL!

I think i also stocked up quite a fair bit. Hehe, i think NTUC promotion is 2 packets for $45.95 (M-L size) and 3 packets for $45.95 (XL size)...
 
michviv, this sat I confirmed can't join ur for trial. U gals can go ahead let me know ur feedback & if ur signing up.
 
tinkabel/catusnah,
no lah, i asking if can go out mah cos if can then i can go for the trial mandarin class.

Michviv,
Since Poochi cant do it on this Sat, we move to next week loh...

PDS trial - Mandarin Doddle Bugs (4th April)
- Ashlyn (Grace)(hopefully 28th Mar)
- Hazel (Poochi)
- Ethan (michviv)(both dates ok)
- Ethan (Jadefeet) (both dates are ok)
 
Ok, great! That also gives more time for mummies to confirm their interest as well.

PDS trial - Mandarin Doddle Bugs (4th April)
- Ashlyn (Grace)
- Hazel (Poochi)
- Ethan (michviv)
- Ethan (Jadefeet)

Jadefeet: I just realised both our boys have the same name. haha. I can imagine the confusion when both of us call our boys at the same time. =)

Anyone else interested?
 
Mummies - When should we wean our todds off from their milk bottles? Should they be drinking their milk from a cup now? TIA!
 
ASHM, if my memory is correct, i think Ueno let L drink from cup liao!

We can let them drink from cup lah but some kid might not want... coz they like to suckle for comfort! :p
 
ASHM- i have only tried feeding water and fruit juice via cup wif straw, which my girl takes but when its her milk she dun wan to drink fr there le.. but I only tried once la. Tink before 2 shd try to drink fr cup and stop btl.
 
ASHM, poochi,
i also tried feeding ZY milk using her bottle with straw, and she din drink as much compared to a bottle. So if i want her to drink lesser, then i shld do this! She is still drinking ~600ml per day.
 
ASHM, kaira drinks fresh milk from her cup, but

last month, once, i tried to put formula into her cup, she didn't even at all. she prefered to go hungry than drink from the cup the FM.
sad.gif
so i have yet to try again.

but she can hold her own cup and drink the fresh milk with no problem.

think i will try again putting the FM into the cup some time soon.
 
Tinkabel,
ZY enjoys free coverage under Aviva (but a slightly lower plan) since both of us are already with Aviva. If i rem correctly, its free up to 7 yrs of age. It will cover more critical illness, so i dun think its as comprehensive as the one u r enquiring. But i feel a basic one is necessary in our times.

Really for a peace of mind shld anything happen. *touchwood*
 
Hi Mummies,

I need help.

Not sure if you all can remember if it's norm for babies 4 month to refuse milk.

Kicia is turning 4 month. She has been drinking 130ml breastmilk or formula milk each time with occasional leftover of 20-30ml.

Today, she has been refusing milk. whether its BM or FM. She drank as little as 50ml(fm) at 7am, 110ml(fm) at 10am, 70ml(bm) at 1.15pm, 130ml(bm) at 5.15pm. That's all untill now. So to speak, she has missed out like 1 feed only but the rest of time she also hasnt consume 130ml like normal days.

She has been crying everytime i try to feed her milk today. she is sleeping now. Am worried something is wrong with her.
 
pig07, it could be several reasons, but if wanna be safe, bring her to a PD the firsr thing tomorrow if things dun imprve. Sometimes it could also be due to 'wind' which is very common. Must monitor her temp esp at night.
 
Pig07 - could it be colic?

Dreamer, K@ye, Lazykat & Poochi - Thanks for sharing. Ash's PD commented that toddlers should be off from the bottle when they turn 2, so i thought to check with you guys. Ash still not very good in drinking with straw and cup...looks like i must train him again....
 
Wean off from Bottle - I think it is going to be difficut for Ash as he still wakes up in the middle of the night for milk!! Still cant sleep through the night....sigh.....
 
ASHM,
Aidan still drink milk from his bottle. I think because I don't like messy (hahaha.....) but for water, he use straw (I use nuby). But sometimes when we drink (using cup) he ask to drink, and he can drink from cup w/o messy. But he don't want to drink from his cup, he wants from ours cup.
About straw, he can use straw/cup I think around 1 yo. I did not train him how to use straw/cup, all by accident only. For straw, last time I bought something, and he wants it, then he try using straw, and he did it. So after that he always use straw for water (for his meal). For cup he asked when we drink. A few first time is always messy, but now, no more.

Aidan no more milk in the middle of the night I think from 14 months. But just sometimes he wakes up for water.
 
Hi MM and ASHM,

She finally drank her milk at 6am just now with a prior feed at 5pm. That is more than 12 hours lapse liao.

She fussed so much each time we place the bottle teat into her mouth. We had to use spoon and syringe to feed her to force some liquids into her. Still that only managed 20ml at most.

Will bring her to the doc later to be sure.
 
ASHM:hayley's been drinking from straw bottle since 12 months.....

pig07:yup think better bring kicia to see doc la.......
 
Hi Pig,

My girl was exactly the same as yours. She can go on milk strike for as long as 15 - 20 hrs wo milk and water. The moment she sees the bottles, she will wail as if someone is gg to beat her.

It all started when she was abt 5mths old. I brot her to see PD, but PD say ntg wrong with her. She looks hydrated, perky despite the long hrs of no liquids. Only told me its prob some mood swing or psychological changes or teething which body is gg thru. Only word from PD was "they will drink when they are hungry".

A/w, I didnt find this statement true coz it can go on for days or even weeks. So no choice, like you, i force feed her using syringe or cup feed. It was such a pain to feed her tat time.
sad.gif


Nvrtheless,I think u shd juz bring her to PD for some pc of mind first.
 
pig07:
Do u want to try a softer teat? Not sure is it teething as some bb the teeth will come out earlier. Is she drooling a little?
 
Poissons, isit? I lugi ah..... by $1 on the Pampers!! SObs!!!!!

Pig, think better to bring her to see the PD if u re worried but i think it might be a mood thing!

ASHM, Claire also will wake up for milk at 3-4am these days. I suspect that she could be teething + hunger coz she can finish all the milk! Every nite, at 9pm, she will finish her 210ml of milk before going to bed. Not to mention that she is a greedy one, even after her dinner, she sees us eating, she also wants a share of it!

MM, i want to join in the spree leh but curb spending now coz i need to save $$ to spend in London! :p

Rachel, ya... no hear from kitty long long time..
 
Tweetie,
exactly.. exact description.
Yes, I am bringing her to the doc. Hope this period will be over soon.

Rachel,
I had the day before tested her on avent and NUK wide neck. She didn't quite like it hence changed back to NUK narrow the same day. I thought she fussed so much was because she wanted the new avent or NUK wide neck which then I got my hubby to drive to my sister's place this morning at 2am to take back the stuff. But no, she cried so loudly as if someone tortured her. big big tears. everytime we placed the teat into her mouth.
 
pig07,
my nephew also like kicia. it started as early as when he was 2 months old, refused milk, see the bottle coming he cry big time..whole day he drinks very little milk and my sis was worried sick. brought him to see various sinsehs, PDs and even GPs and all said as long as he drinks and grows, he shld be ok...so that prolonged till only about recently (he is 8mths now) and his milk in-take has improved.
 
Grace, i dun hv any party for Claire but i will just give her a few balloons lah... HEhe, make pix taking nicer mah!
happy.gif
 
Michviv,

Sorry to let you know that I wont be able to join in the trial class at PDS.
Recent outbreak of HFMD lah, I am worried that they didnt clean the place well enough or some kids may be carrier.. As we are going on a trip very soon, dun want anything to come up last min... choy choy choy...
But still looking forward to join you all one fine day.

Ya, our sons have the same name, so confusing when they meet.
 
hi ladies,
sorry long time no post or catch up on thread.
tummy's getting heavier, making me tired all the time and now sleep so early dun even wana do anything once reach home from work... kakakkaaa...

k@ye,
m still here lah! :D
so excited for your upcoming london trip.
claire's a super lucky gal to travel so far at such a young age!! m sure you sis will be dying to see her too!
happy.gif

aaahhh.... i also wana break leh... but need to 1st endure my "prison" confinement n raising bb#2 first...

rachel C,
yet pop but scared this little moomoo wana push his way out earlier than my planned c-sec. he's been very active (his norm) and head yet engage, hence still turning and tossing himself inside - making my tummy so freakingly distorted! argh...

last chk up, gynae said everythg ok n still ask me to reconsider to go natural wor... i thk he very pro-natural birth. will go again next wed and then another consultation nex fri (prep for c-sec). seems so near liao yet now... starting to feel a little gan cheong oredi.

how's ur prep? c-sec too rite? which date?
i still got some stuffs yet to buy for confinement. others think will buy as n when required. this time round a little more steady liao... hee hee...

pig07
ya, beta bring kicia to see PD. dun worry too much, m sure everything will be fine.

michviv,
so... tempted to bring C for the chinese trial but scared half way thru the trial, her 'didi' also wana join in then i suddenly just pop there! ahahaa... scary thot!! ;p
 
Kitty, just saw your blog entry on Gabriel. I think u re due anytime liao... Scully he wants to do a natural birth instead of C-section!
happy.gif


My Sis will be back on this Sat and she is dying to see Claire liao. Not to mention that she told me she can't resist temptation & buy clothes & shoes for Claire!
 
MM, pls reserve a slot for me. I wanna get the bear! So cute!

Kitty: Remember to get a binder if you don't have for your C-sect.

Pig: hope Kicia will be fine. I understand it is quite worrying when they don't drink milk.
 
MM, this is a free market what... Complain for what.. Nvm, i think u shd be able to hit 10 bears coz ppl can always PM you! Hahha
 
k@ye/Gelyn,
no lo ppl complain to supplier then supplier said i
'sell' at the price spoil their markt. so if supplier dun release stock how? actually on hand already hv more than 10 bears. so supplier dun wan to take my orders jus too bad for him to reject biz
 
Aiyo, the supplier very silly to do such things. Unless got authorised dealer here, if not i think cant do such things.
 


MM: But when the supplier gave you that price, i suppose he also gave you the min. no. of order right? Can't be you buy 10 bears for yourself in order for them to ship out right.

I still hope this will go through...I wanna buy. hahaha
 

Back
Top