(2007/11) November MTBs

Heehee, yeah ZY was ' washing ' Ash's hair at the last playdate
lol.gif

Reservation made under Kat for table of 6. Good news is HSBC promo : 3 pays and 1 dines for free. So we get to save $$ if we get min 4 pax. =P

Lunchie at Merchant Court Ellenborough
Date: 16/04/09
Time: 12:00 to 14:30

1) Tinkabel
2) Lazykat
3) Mischa's Mummy
4) Rachel C
5) ASHM
6) Plumsource (tentatively)

lazykat,I also thought will have steriliser in the room but dun hv lor. I also made a bo bo,I thought they provide bath foam in the baby package but it turn out only hv bath tub haha.

cactus, we went to clubmed
happy.gif

missA: Welcome back! Sorry to hear that A is sick but at least she had a great time during the holiday. =)

lazykat: Yes, you can request for a sterilizer in the hotel room as well. But there is another one at the food area just in case you want to sterilize something then. I've seen mummies with younger babes like 6 months plus sterilizing the bowls and utensils before use.

Contact lens: I've used Acuvue for the longest time but have recently switched to Bausch and Lomb and I've had not problems. Used to have dry eyes as well but since their lenses are approved by FDA for overnight use, they are designed for greater oxygen flow to your eyes to prevent irritation. But of course I take them out at night for hygiene purposes though some of my colleagues have worn them for 48 hours with no problems.

Lasik: I want to go but my husband doesn't let me leh. Maybe from a dr's point of view, its not worth the risk of complications. Hai...

Lazykat: Opss...sorry i missed Rachel & Cindy.
Oh good good, got promo. But have to make sure someone in the grp holds a HSBC card, else cannot enjoy the promo:). Seems like HSBC has alot of promo. Shall apply for one.

MissA: Upload photos in yr blog when u're free. And hope the "love bite" mark wont stay long on A's face. Poor thing.

Plumsource: Glad to "see" you bk here:)

MissA,
think you missed our previous postings. LSH changed their mgt (according to Michviv) and we weren't impressed. I'm giving it a miss, much prefer Agape but felt that their fees are quite pricey.

Reservation made under Kat for table of 6. Good news is HSBC promo : 3 pays and 1 dines for free. So we get to save $$ if we get min 4 pax. =P

Lunchie at Merchant Court Ellenborough, $29++
Date: 16/04/09
Time: 12:00 to 14:30

1) Tinkabel
2) Lazykat
3) Mischa's Mummy
4) Rachel C
5) ASHM
6) Plumsource (tentatively)
7) Cindy??

Cindy,
can confirm if u r joining?

Cactus,
i happen to hv the HSBC card =P

poissons, glad you like Agape
happy.gif
Think I'll prob continue thr. The teachers told me they will slowly transit A to the PG by letting her go half a day to experience first. The only draw back is in PG, the kids wont be assigned a drawer so have to lug her change of clothes everyday and also cannot keep her tin of milk thr, aso hv to bring everyday. I find this quite troublesome. This mth she did not go sch yet still paying the fees so heart pain!

missA: No point signing up yet cos their promotion (waiver of registration and $100 off full day/$50 off half day for 1st month) is only valid till April. Does not apply to E since he will only turn 18 months in May and even then, they are full for half-day cc. But me and hubby still dun mind sending E there as long as there is vacancy when the time comes but on hindsight, planning the logistics would be challenging cos I'll have to send E to school before going to work so distance my be a factor. But at least we have till E turns 2 years old to figure out since me & hubby decided to start E only when he turns 2. He's doing very well currently under my MIL and dad. Can speak short sentences of 2-3 words already! =)

Now I'm looking at options nearer my house. Visited Milk and Honey & Five stones CC yesterday. Milk and Honey only accepts kids from 2 years onwards and the principal was super uninterested in talking to me! But I really don't fancy their facilities. Five Stones is better but they only accept from 2.5 yrs onwards. So hai...I'm still on a lookout.

Strange that you didn't get the sterilizer in your room leh. Did you opt for the Baby Welcome when you booked? They put a sterilizer, cot and bathtub in your room for the child. I'm planning another club med trip maybe at the end of this year or early next yr, can PM me how much you paid? hehe. thanks!

MissA, dun heart pain lah..... Its like that one.. I also spent dunno how much unnecessary $$ on care for infant care + childcare.

michviv, i also agree that tho I received good reviews of M&H, the place is really run down and also when we visited no one bother to talk to us too. I may visit another centre in Ghim Moh to check out the ennvironment etc.

I guess different clubmed practice differently. The room comes with a baby food warmer, cot, bathtub, potty & water proof sheet. They also do not replenish the bath foam, water, drinks in the room.

I will take A for ano clubmed trip after she turns 2, then can put her in the petit club while we enjoy the facilities, heehee.

k@ye, if u need any info on holland, let me know....see if i can help...altho my knowledge also limited ah... heehee ;P

pity we'll miss one another cos i most prob leaving for cruise on13th may. and back only on 24th.

Dreamer, no fate!! sobs sobs! Tot i might be able to pass u a box of tissues when i m in Holland! Muahaha! We r going to catch the Kuenhol gardens before it closes on 22 May!

okie, knock off time! Talk to u ladies! later!
happy.gif

rachel, kaira at one stage also wanted to sleep with us on the bed. but we hard hearted ah...we did the crying out method for her. so she now guai guai sleep on her own cot every nite.

and recently i used the crying out method again and she's learnt to go to bed on her own too, without needing us to accompany her.

i was abit reluctant on the crying out method in the past, but in her case, seemed effective. ;p

dreamer:
kaira is very guai.
happy.gif
As my no.2 is coming so my friends were telling me not sure is it because he can sense it. So if I use the crying method...not sure ok or not.

dreamer, that's so good of kaira. Haiz, Matt would just stand up in his cot and keep crying. We are worried that it's dark and he might fall and hit his heard agst the wooden cot since he is blur blur from just waking up, so every nite we also softened and carry him out. Haiz, how ah? Same as for Rachel, not sure if he sense #2 is coming, that's y.

rachel and tinkabel:: resign to fate la.. haha see my #2 is out liao and Travis is still zzz with US!! muahahaha...

Cindy: Haiz, still trying very hard. I get a success once a week prob for Matt to sleep thru in his cot. Haiz. If I knew it is going to be like that, I shd hv just let him sleep alone in cot even during winter. Sigh... bad move of us!

tinkabel, rachel... hmmm, tat;s true, both of u have #2 coming, so maybe the tots are more clingy.

the crying part hor, can be quite difficult to endure i muz admit.... that's y i say we hard hearted...

but i am glad we did it, cos its so much easier to put her to sleep now in the day and in the night.

and she sleeps through most nites. if she does wake up looking for her pacifier, she now seems to be able to find it, even in the dark, on her own quickly and goes right back to sleep. hope she continues to keep up this way!

dreamer: Oh ya, another reason why Matt cannot go back to sleep on his own. We weaned him off his pacific in December, so now he is totally off it. I guess that affects the soundness of his sound too... Sigh... Can't have the cake and eat it I guess...

tinkabel -- that's something i have yet to find courage to do! wean kaira off her pacifier :p good that matt doesn't depend on it now! yeah, muz give and take some
happy.gif

Dreamer, 1 box of tissues coz i think my Sis will need me to lug alot of tissues & toilet papers back to UK back!! :p

Sigh, talking abt weaning! I m trying to wean Claire off her 3-4am milk feed by being heartless but this spunky gal.. she cried so loud and till her throat is hoarse then my hubby buey tahan & woke up to make milk for her!

Becoz of this, i looked like a panda now.

ha..ha... mummies, I managed to have a full night rest... but hub complained he has backache and neckache... so still not a long time solution....
happy.gif

Isa very excited about the mattress on the floor, think he thinks it's a play house.

Jekartik, yup occassionally.. for this week, it has been 3 times out of 4 nites!

Rachel, mabbe sometimes u tell Issac abt ur discomfort.. He might understand... I m quite surprised by their understanding at times~

Re: Insurance
Hey did any mummies buy the healthcare insurance "Gift of Love" from AIA? Cos I gave birth in Glen E, we were given a few mths free insurance, after which we could continue. I was wondering if anyone has signed up for this. I was thinking whether I shd just get the normal Medishield from NTUC that we normally buy for ourselves.

Tinkabel - I think "Gift of Love" has more benefits and the premium is reasonable too? At least it covers HFMD for the children?

kaye,
for the nail polish, if OPI... how much does it work out to be per bottle inclusive of shipping?
think there are vendors selling at $11 direct.

K@ye: Mine also still wake up at 3-4am for milk feed. Don't even dare to wean off cos he will cried till the milk bottle is in his mouth! Sigh...

Grace & Gelyn, it depends on the no of bottles we ordered from them. The more bottles, the cheaper the shipping per bottle (also dependent on the exchange rate & the type of shipping we choose). My last round was like SG$10.76 per bottle(inclusive of shipping) and they re better in packaging n i cant exactly tell u the shipping per bottle.. coz my colleagues & i ordered alot of other things too...

My colleagues did an OPI spree from 88 n her 6 bottles kena damaged.

Grace, no upset lah... If its cheaper there hor, we might not even do the spree!

But hor, the url u provided, dun hv the things i want leh... and its more expensive for my base coat... So my conclusion is can buy OPI nail polishes but things like base coat & stuff, still cheaper at spree...

Hehe, i m buying base coat & nail treatments stuff for my spree lah.

Grace,
went for SNEC LASIK talk yesterday. Can check with u where u going for yr LASIK and the cost? I am considering the bladeless LASIK..

lazykat: Definitely go for the bladeless one. When I 1st did it in 2006, it was a new technology, so was expensive then. But the prices have come down so much. Oh also, do check when u guys go for a consult at SNEC, the more junior consultants can only laser one eye at one time, so u hv to go back to laser 2nd eye. Pros and Cons la. The adv is can monitor the progress. but I like doing both at one time.

tinkabel,
i will leave it to the consultants to decide tho i prefer both at one time cos my degree is rather high.. will be "imbalance"

Playdays Update

Hi mummies, after liasing with the team at Playdays, it seems that the class from 10am - 11.30am is for the Mandarin Doddlebugs class.

Cost wise: Depending on the term of 8 or 9 weeks, it would cost $45 per lesson so we're looking at $360 (for 8 wks) or $405 (for 9 wks).
+ Registration fee only if its your child's first course at PDS ($40)+ $100 refundable deposit.

Like Grace said before, they will need a minimum of 3 students to proceed. So lets see what's the response like and I'll liase with them. Since we're not familiar with the class format, I'm going to suggest a trial class first to see if we like the format/teachers etc. If you're interested, please sign up and let me know your preference.

PDS trial - Mandarin Doddle Bugs (28th March or 4th April)
- Ashlyn (Grace)
- Hazel (Poochi)
- Ethan (michviv)(both dates ok)

Michviv,
you coordinating..i am keen. =)

PDS trial - Mandarin Doddle Bugs (28th March or 4th April)
- Ashlyn (Grace)(hopefully 28th Mar)
- Hazel (Poochi)
- Ethan (michviv)(both dates ok)

tinkabel,
ask u ah, 3rd day of lasik, did u go out?

lazykat,
i am doing it at eagle eye centre at mount A. you can go to the website. the prices are all in there. $3600 for bladeless....

Back