(2007/11) November MTBs

hmm, seems like my post did not go out this morning! Anyway, here i'm posting again...

k@ye, my email is [email protected]
Many thanks for sharing!

S@L,
u really "ON" on baking hor... me lazy and no time mummy... wanted to bake something for my girl's bday, that's why starting on baking recently again... but NO TIME! want to cry already...

Yany,
aiyo, paiseh lah, my 1st attempts on those 2 bakes... actually turned out ok wor... ok, mayb will share the photos later :p

dokie,
thanks for helping to look out on the lentils cooking method... let me know ya?
 


K@ye:eek:ic.....but if overseas ones they accept non US cards?

Queenaire:issit?will chk it out hehehheheh but sometimes the materails are not so nice.....rough type of cotton
 
Weishy, for online biz, they rather play it safe to have US issued credit cards to prevent fraud & security issues.

Plim, emailed the link to u liao!

Think for Old Navy & Gap, their items shd be okie.
 
Gemini,

I attempted your brownie recipe, only problem was I was in a rush do I didn't take it out of the tin to cool after baking. So my brownies were really tough and chewy!!!

I will give it another try and hopefully it will be as successful as yours.
 
BTW,

Anyone know where I can get 'cooked' glutinous rice flour? I want to make snow skin moon cakes with my kids but don't know where to get the flour. I've scouring the aisle at giant and cold storage to no avail!
 
Plumsource, u can get them at Phoon huat..its called 'GAO FEN'...(in cantonese: 'kou fun')

i jus made some today...hehehe a tad too soft cos i used oil intead of shorteninig...m going to try again tomorrow

1699213.jpg

Actually i didnt get a proper mould for it cos i ordered but hv nt arrived..so made do with my Hello kitty egg mould. hehehe ugly!

and this is the red wine with mashmallow filling! yummy!
1699214.jpg
 
ashlee is 10 mth today
happy.gif
She just learnt how to clap her hands and also stand up without support but she only does it on the bumper mat. Perhaps she knows that if she falls, it's not painful.

I've uploaded the video of her clapping and standing on my blog.
 
S@L:wow!!!!!great u can make mooncakes hehhehehhe me like those traditional ones but dun mind snowskin durain hehehhehe

langlao3:wow ashlee's great!!!!can send me the link to watch her?
 
k@ye,
i finished viewing all the photos! the kiddos and mummies all look great! in fact i think some of the kiddos look so diff from when i saw them previously!
btw, was trying to figure out who's who for those that i've not seen b4... hehe... got identifier not?

S@L,
u really 'eh-sai', can make so many things... hehe, well, i never fancy moon cakes, but my hb does... he's been pestering me to make moon cakes ever since he saw those that pple posted in the other thread!
 
Catherine, I will start a thread once I get the shipping details sorted. I want to make sure I try to use the most economical shipper. I try.

I am slightly more free now, with me finishing the course in another 2 weeks and then its just 2 reports and I'm done. Then I applied for a helper so, need o wait for her to come in and then train her and hopefully get some help.

Also changing to a PT job and flexi working hours in the noon. so, i'm really beginning to see light at the end of the road.. hahaha...

Anyone of u started on courses for ur little ones? or doing some activities at home? Realised that baby's starting to watch TV so I played some Baby einstein for him. Any other DVDs to recommend? I only allow him to watch one hr everyday, although i lose control when he's at my mum's..

U gers are making me crave to start my baking again.. I'll try when I'm more settled.
 
Plumsource, sorry i realised Gou fen IS NOT Hongkong flour....some mummies gave me wrong info..u should get Gou fen for snowskin.

Plim, i also dun fancy mooncakes! hahaa my hands itchy jus wanted to make something aft seeing tat thread too!
 
Plim, u can check them out at my FB to identify the babies!

Langlao, i saw that cake!!! No wonder so expensive lah!!! Alot of work leh! But its very cute! I also like it!
 
k@ye, found out that glad & cherylshuen do nice 3D cakes. will be asking them for quote, hope I wont fall off the chair again
happy.gif
Hv you heard of them?
 
S@l,

Thanks for the info, you mention theres a baking supplier in Haig road? Whats the name? I don't remember seeing one there, I might cab it up there later to check if they have any.

I just found out theres a Phoon Huat in geyland too.

I like your hello kitty mooncake...very modern
happy.gif
 
Langlao, heard of these 2 bakers online.

Cheryl=> heard of it for wedding cakes.
happy.gif


S@l, Langlao's cake confirm more than $200 one coz alot of work!
 
Plumsource, its jus opposite the Haig road hawker. cant remember the name though.

if u are heading Geylang phoon huat, do pop by the KCT at Geylang lor 27 unit 61-63. i bought my red wine lotus filling there.

Langlao, if its jus a simple cake, u can try making the fondant urself..its very simple. order a cake with simple design then u mould the fondant and jus place on top.

from my experience, fondant cake is nice to see..but usually not many ppl will eat up the figurines cos they are sweet and dun really taste good. so end up will be a waste of money.

i hv kinda decided to jus order my HK cake from Polar (cake taste so-so only) but will be making cupcakes to surround the cake..hahaha
 
langlao, FYI the little flowers can buy ready-made from Phoon huat and is EDIBLE!!!

so imagine removing the 'baby' and the flowers, its actually jus a simple 2-tier cake le! The one i wanted to order from GLAD is even more complicated...so in the end decided to drop the idea, rather spend the money on better food for the day
 
Mambobb, got one fine print that says "Govt urge employers to give the childcare leave."

The fine applies to only those who re covered under the employment act.
 
Sharing the colourful cake i ordered for Favian's 1st birthday back in 2004.
1700107.jpg


what i wanted was a simple cake that spelt out his name and didnt want the common '1' for his bday. It's suppose to mimic the alphabet foam mat interlocking together..hehehhe..didnt come out exactly what i wanted but still happy cos it tasted good and loved the colours!
 
S@L, wish i can bake a cake myself. I dun even have an oven at home. Just realise smiling orchid is very near my house, will chk them out this weekend.
 
dokie, i ordered from Smiling orchid, fresh cream cake. but the design i drew and sent to them. actually i find the taste was ok ...but my some of my frens says the cake too dry. and they prefer Pine gardens cake..

Langlao, no need to bake the cake. u can order from any bakery 2-tier cake then DIY the decor urself. i mean they charge alot for decors lo..like the Thomas train cake i ordered for my son the following yr...whopping $150! but in the end remove all the 'toys'...jus a plain cake...
 
S@L,
i like Favian's cake. got copyright? hahaha.
it's a great idea to DIY the decor. can save quite abit. but i have no idea how to go about it leh =P. u have any idea where to get ingredients for the decor? or even ready-made ones? i think must practice before the actual day. else if spoil the BD cake, then will cry big-time!
 
wah, all of you are talking abt lil ones bd celebration already...
i have been very busy lately, wanna start planning but no time...haiz..
now planning for my trip...
anyone knows what is there to do in san francisco and how many days stay wld be good there??

thanks!
 
i heard quite a bit abt pine garden cakes..
r they really good??
where r they located huh??
where else is good?? till now dunno wat cake to get for my boy..haiz...
 
S@L:i think favian's cake simple and nice
happy.gif


zzz:loads of things to do in San fran
1)fisherman's wharf(tram ride,like it)
2)chinatown
3)Old navy/Gap(keekekek)\
4)cheesecake factory(at MACY's think 6h floor)
5)the bridge(forgot the name)
6)shopping mostly :p
 
Hi K@ye,

I was reading today's MY PAPER and i cam across this article on childcare leave. In it says that the coy of a lady is not given 2 days childcare leave, let alone the new 6 days childcare leave.

she said her coy claimed that cos they have 18days AL, hence no more childcare leave. and there's no union in her coy and no one to fight for their rights and they didnt dare to speak up.

The article went on to say that the coy can be fined for 'confiscating childcare leave'.

You may wanna read up on it.
 
Dokie, Hehe that thread is someone else.. I just posted it in case u ladies want to buy.

But if got popular demand, i might organise another one just for Nov mummies. coz need to buy enough to justify the shipping charges.
happy.gif


Pig, really ah? Ok, must find the article & read.
 
k@ye/Pig: that is what I posted the above
happy.gif


S@L: I want to order 2 small bear bear clips for cailyn.. do you have that? I saw at ur blog its a medium size one right? The one I bought the Big bow for her can clip part of her fringe niah.. thinking of getting 2 small clips for her instead
happy.gif
 


Talking about the childcare leave, one of my friend called up MOM and the lady was telling her that its up to the company to start this year or next year and its compulsory.

I really hope mine can start this year. But looking at it, chances are low.
 

Back
Top