(2007/11) November MTBs

langlao3,
baby jovan is given rotavirus vaccine (together with his 1st 6-in-1 jab) at 2.5mths

skye_skye,
u can read abt my lengthy post on pumping at work...hehhee
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?tpc=976106&post=4287196#POST4287196
hahaa my baby din really sleep thru. he still woke up but i managed to pat him back to sleep w/o feeding. aiyah then yday nite he woke up at 4am fuss & twist (but din wail). i just couldn't get him back to sleep so i still fed him in the end. wah now i really patang... good things cannot say too early one =P

Sigh..seems like most babies' appetites are decreasing but mine is still a milk monster. Baby Garreth has been drinking 180ml and is at 3 hrs interval, since CNY, he will whine and fuss when he finishes his milk and wants more, but I will give him water instead. At night, he will also wakes up twice instead of the usual once for milk...was wondering how come is he always hungry when he is already drinking so much?? Will have to check with the PD next wk when going for his 3rd jab.

haha cindy,

dunno y the hair grow like this lor..
grows on top more then the back is almost bald with patches here and there...
feel like shaving him again when he turns 4 mths old...
there was once someone on the streets asked me "his hair so cute, did u purposely cut like tis??"..
i was tongue-tied, dunno how to answer oso...
poor boy, he used to have such nice thick hair when he was born..
after i shaved him off on his first month it became like this..hehe

zzz:: hahahaha!!! I'm sure it'll grow back! don't worry my friends told me hair will grow back at about 4 months plus. hahah don't worry. now my bb's hair also very ugly. got bald spots here and there. haha go out wear hat loh. HAHAHA.

Cactusnah,
Actually Baby Garreth is balding too, his hair is falling at an alarming rate, going botak, hoping he will turn 4th month soon so that can shave him. You brought Baby eagan to which place for the shave?

Fanny,

I just couldn't control my tears after reading that blog.. My heart goes to them..
Thanks for sharing the blog, it will constantly remind me to treasure our little ones.

Mummies,

Re: Drinking lesser milk
Seems like alot of the babies drinking more than my Javier.I'm pretty worry he is not drinking enough. He is on a 4hourly feed for many weeks already. Each feed is 150ml(BM). Around 5times per day.
He still doesn't sleep thru the night, waking up btw 4-5am for another feed. Same same loh, sometimes after 5-6pm feed he will doze off and refuse to wake up for his last feed at 9-10pm, then we got to wake him up to drink. I tried giving him more for the last feed, haha but he just couldn't finish, WANT TO SLEEP MORE THAN DRINK!!

Re: Bald
His hair is getting lesser and lesser.. especially behind, think becoz he zz on his back more. Im going to shave him when he is 4month too!

Javier say hi to all aunties..
1245474.jpg

yoko,

Thanks for answering my questions
happy.gif

Can you email me your gf's contact? I'm tweety by the way, just changed my nick for the forum. Think I've confused a few ppl cos of it.hehe

Poisson:
I brght Eagan to Suntec for his hair cut. Forgotten the name, but it's located in front of those shops selling maternity wear. Think they're very pro, they sterilise the shaver before shaving for bb. Very careful too. So, think it worth it. My sis brght my nephew to normal barber then and coz the shaver still had hair stuck inside, my nephew's hair was not cleanly shaved.

Eagan's hair looks fuller in front, but def not the back and the right side where he likes to sleep on. Looks funny from the bk, ha..

poisson,

our bb alike, 180ml every 3 hrs, but realised unlike the first few weeks, he is more or less stable at 180ml every 3 hrs for some time now, tried to feed him 210ml every 4 hrs but he started using his tongue to play with the nipple and dun want anymore and still like alarm clock, every 3 hrs want him milk so no choice still stuck at 180ml every 3 hrs though i wanted to change it to 4 hrs, looks like we can only reduce the number of times to drink his milk when he takes his solid :)

mummies,

balding:

i think it is nothing to do with sleeping on his back or anything, it is a natural process for all babies to start dropping hair at around 3-4mth, they will also start having craddle cap. watch out mummies cos when you bb started to drop hair, it is able time for mummies to start to drop too :) all this due to hormones. For those mummies who dun want to shave their bb head, dun worry, those bald patches will eventually grow hair out if you dun mind that your bb looks like got "chow tao" :)

craddle cap:

my boy started to have flaky scalp at 5 weeks so used olive oil on him, got better but recently saw that he got craddle cap ( a yellowish layer on his scalp) was told that the california bb calendula cream can be use instead of olive oil if i dun want him to be so oily, tried 3 times but still have leh though seems to be getting better but to me that is slow lor, any mummies experience that, is olive oil still faster to get rid of craddle cap, i dun comb it out cos he is still too young so just apply, lightly massage and leave it, then wash off.

happy, my gal also had cradle cap 1mth plus ago....i used olive oil, soaked overnight the morning bath i shampoo her hair and massage abit to let it come off....alot came off!
happy.gif

i also use comb before the bath....i use pigeon bb comb...no worries. Olive oil still the best, i tried calendula no use....

happy,
i remember your baby is able to sleep through the night right? Mine still can't leh, although he was able to do so during the CNY period only cos' he didn't nap well during the day. he used to only wake up once at night for feed before CNY, but now it's twice! last night gave him dream feed at 11pm though he slept at 8pm, but he still woke up at 3am and then at 6am. My goodness..dunno how to train him..drink non stop.

happy, wont be red la...dun comb too hard..jus scrap abit for the flakes to drop off...if u put enough oil, and soak long enouhg, it is very easy to remove. another way can also use cotton bud..jus push the flakes out.

i was wondering whether can dun remove the cradle cap or not? i think i very lazy, but i never seem to be able to find time to do anything.

you see ah, my bb drinks every 2 hours still, and he drinks about 200 ml each time, usually BM + FM. He drinks like this from about 2pm up to 2am, with one more feed at ard 10am, so that makes ard 7 feeds... i dun limit his amt, just feed until he doesn't ask for more. but each feed is always around 200ml, once he even drank 280ml. *faint*

then hor, i usually take abt one hour to feed him, after which play until he nap, then i quickly pump, then time to feed him again, so really no time to do anything else, he usually naps only about 20mins between feed.

then if feed not enough in the day, he'll just keep waking up for feeds in the night. so very jialat. last night dunno why he woke up at 5am for a feed, then i completely zonked.

the strange thing is, after all of this, my bb just doesn't put on much weight... sigh

wow Nov1mom, your bb drinks alot ah
happy.gif
muz be big and strong
happy.gif

mine has been drinking abt 180ml every 3.5-4hrsince 1mth+ old.... now quite stable. next week she's going to be 3 month old liao... dunno if her appetite will increase or decrease 8-|

1) tweety- baby Luis - 6.01kg on FM anud BM
2) grace - baby Ash - 6.5kg on BM
3) rast- baby Jadon-5.6kg on FM (12wks 3days)
4) Jules - baby Natalie - 6.18 on FM
5) Kaye - baby Claire - 6kg on FM (3mth 1 week++)
6) Ueno - baby Leroy - 6kg on BM (3mth 1 week++)
7)Poissons - baby Garreth - 6.5kg on FM (2 mths 2 wks) Gosh! I think he is overweight!!
8) baby40 - baby Nicole : 5.1kg on BM (11weeks)
9) michviv - baby Ethan: 8kg on BM (12 weeks)
10) Plim - baby Bevis - 5.2kg on BM (11weeks)
11) Tinkabel - baby matthias - 6.07kg on BM (2 mths 3 weeks and 6 days)
12) S@L - baby Mischa - 6.9kg on BM (2mth 3wks)
13) Yami - baby Kaelyn - 6.6kg on FM (3mths)
14) Superhappymum - baby YongWei - 6.9kg on BM & FM (3 months )
15) Beloved_daughter-baby Matthias - 6.5kg on FM & BM (3months 1wks)
16) Skyeskye - baby Eliza - 5.9kg on BM (9wks)
17) Catherine - baby Jovan - 6.7kg on BM (mostly) & FM (bedtime) (2mths 2wks 4days)
18) Cindy - baby travis - 6kg on FM and BM (13 weeks)
19) fanny - baby cayenne - 5.5kg on FM (10 wks)
20) Jadefeet - baby Ethan =- 7 kg on FM (10 wks 4 days)
21) Sowie - baby Jaeanne - 7kg on BM (2mths 1wk)
22) Joey - baby Javier - 6kg on BM (11weeks)
23) Adelinechew - baby Amber - 7.1kg on FM ( 3mths )
24) yoko - baby Jordan - 6.78kg on FM (3mths and 2 days)
25) winwin - baby carrie - 5.6kg o FM (3 months)
26) efynn - baby xuan - 7.3kg on BM & FM (3 mth)
27) nov1mom - baby tailoong - 6.35 kg on BM & FM (3mths)
28) gemini19 - baby ying ching - 6.9 kg on FM (3 mths)
29) fushiastar - baby Luke - 6.1 kg on BM (10wks)

Nov1,
have to remove..otheriwse it will stay there or grow more!....jus apply last thing before he sleeps at night....i put a towel on her pillow so her oily head dun stain the sheets/pillow cases. let it soak overnight then wash away the next morning lo....sure have time la...

ya boy ur bb drinking alot le....but is it normal for a young bb to drink so much...ur bb weight is ok la....maybe jus tt he has a big appeitite. my gal drinking very little...tats why worries me...

my gal also has cradle cap, my mum also apply oil on her scalp and let it soak for a while and she say after that it will peel off easily.

Mummies,
What are you using to bathe your baby? What are the brands that are no-rinse type... thinking of getting Mustela but not sure if they have? Also, what moisturiser are you using?

hi gals

just to check with you: when u went back to the gyn for the post delivery checkup (6 weeks after delivery), did the gyn do a pap smear for you ?

Langlao and cindy,
Joseph drinks 6 times a day, 150 ml each. I haven't tried giving him 180 ml yet. Scared he puke coz he still got a bit of reflux problem. I rather feed him more frequently but smaller feeds each time.

hi S@L,
if the cradle cap not remove, beside having more, will there be any side effect and will it recover by itself? sori so many ques... my boy have it for quite some time already

Re: Cradle cap
I just asked PD, told him i use baby oil and mustela cradle cap shampoo. He say all no use, it will clear off by itself when bb is 6-8 months. I tried using these a few times, and it's heartpain to see that when I comb off the cradle cap, the hair comes off with it. So I leave it alone now.

seashell, dun think will recover by itself. at least nt so soon...hv to remove totally otherwise will spread again.

tinkabel, but leaving it 6-8mths kinda long....if u soak long enough it really comes off easily....i heard those cradle cap shampoo is useless.. tats why i only recommended olive oil.

grace,
u have decided not to send baby Ashley to infant care? i may have to send baby jovan to infant care. HB say my mother look v sad whenever we leave for work in the morning & he also not v happy with the way tat my mother handles baby. *sigh*

any mummies who send their babies to infant care? do such young infants learn new things when sent to infant care? or they are just left alone to "play" most of the time?

cat:: what about your MIL leys? Kaye is sending her bb to infant care i think. u can pm her to get more details. hehe.

Catherine,
I'm sending my Nicole to infant care. Up to 6 months they are just caregivers. But once they can crawl (6+ months), they will be introduced to activities to build motor skills. You can always call ahead and book an appointment to view the place. Nicole is starting on 25 Feb, one week before I start work, and already now, I heart pain whenever I think that I won't be able to see her from 9am-6pm !!!! So sad... Furthermore, she is giving trouble on bottle - hope she won't lose weight!

after i shave ashlee I noticed she has flakes on her scalp, I know have to use olive oil but dunno the method. I'll go buy the oil later, can I know what brand of olive oil to buy? Not those for cooking hor?

skye_skye,

u can get the sterilizing bags from mums & babes (medela brand). I saw them at the shop today, reuseable.

grace,

u not looking for infant care anymore?!! i am still actively looking for one, think i will start to call those in mcys website soon! so sian, hubby always leave this kind of task to me. sigh

poissons,

yes, my bb drinks every 3 hrs day time and last feed at 10:30pm and sleep thru till 7am.

initially when i started training him using gina ford method, he is only 1 week plus old, i gave him the amount of what he wanted, kept increasing till he is satisfied, as long as he dun vomit, it is not overfeeding, as recommended the 7am, 10:30am and 10:30pm feed, i gave him more than other feed, for eg) becos he is heavy drinker, so when i gave him like 150ml for 7am, 10:30am and 10:30pm feed he is satisfied but other feed in the day, i gave him 120ml which was already more than what his age shd take, sometimes he cried abit but i ignored, i gave him pacifier and rocked him when he woke up in the night, it was a struggle especially midnight, but i tried to endure ( most mummies will tell me cannot cos their bb will not stop till they have their milk) mine did not stop too but what i do is I dragged as long as possible, i dun change the feed amt or schedule if there is improvement, initially is 2 times in the midnight, then improve to once, i keep it that way for only a couple of days, not too long cos they will get used to it, then i started to increase his last feed again and dragged the 1 time that he wokes up in the night, eg) when i increased his amt, he still wakes up at 4am, i dragged him unit 5am then i gave him, the next couple of days i dragged too so his timing gets longer and longer until he wakes up at 6:30am, 7am but while he wokes up at 3am or 4am or even 5am, i still wakes him up at 7am to give him milk but if he wakes up at 5:30am, i dragged him till 6:30am and then next feed is 10am, this way, his midnight feed gets dragged longer till 7am lor. it is not one or two days effort and not magic, has to drag the time over a 2 weeks or so before it is successful, dun give in else you have to restart the training again.

in this way, i am not starving my bb, just dragging and stealing his time to drink milk in the night lor, i will sort of kill time to change his diaper, rock him, give him pacifier inoder to drag but of cos all these while he is screaming away and i always cheat him and tell him after mummy do this, i will give you milk :)

craddle cap

my PD at KKH and Dr irene chan at paragon both told me to use bb oil or olive oil and leave it overnight, if not serious, no need to comb but alot then comb.

can leave it for 6-8mths but that means the patch that is covered by craddle cap will be bald till it clears off lor and craddle cap can spread to the front of forehead even the eyebrow area too, saw pictures in the prenatal course with TMC, poor baby.

catherine,
oh u have to put jovan at infant care? its such a pity cos i tot your mum can take care. the infant care at my few blocks downstairs is for low income family, referal by govt. the next infant care is at depot road. its not very convenient lah cos hubby sending her by car and he works shifts. we can get a sitter, we can neg the timings, more flexi.

olive, pls let me know how it goes. i called ywca but they dont have infant care liao. mayb i shall start calling tomorrow.

seashell,

you apply the olive oil the same way as how you wash your bb hair or when you lightly sayang his head lor, only lightly massage (light touches in circular motion with your finger but dun apply pressure)

summer,

I use lactacyn liquid (blue and green strips), that is non rinse, just squeeue abit into the bath water and use it to wash the shampoo and body. was recommended by my sis boy PD when he kept having rashes on his body, if you go to other PD for skin problem on your bb, usually they will prescribe you that too.

My gynae told me to use Lactacyn feminine hygiene (blue and red strips) to wash my private too, supposed to be better than soap

mustela needs to rinse off. I am using california baby calendula cream as moisturer, diaper cream, rash cream for my bb, this calendula cream is quite good, even when he got mosquito or bug like bites, i used it and the next day, it is okay. my bb got some small rashes around his cheeks, the area that friends and family like to pinch, i use this calendula cream on it and it clears off too.

langlao3,

guardian got sell olive oil, i uses that, just apply a few hrs before shampoo off, if not serious and can use finger tips to light massage out, then i just lightly massage before wash off, need to do it a few times before totally clear off, serious one, leave it overnight and need to comb off, my sis did that on his boy but his boy was already more than 4 mths and mine only 3 mths so abit scare to comb for him cos worry will be red lor, my sis did that with coconut oil somemore, given by my mum :)

1) tweety- baby Luis - 6.01kg on FM anud BM
2) grace - baby Ash - 6.5kg on BM
3) rast- baby Jadon-5.6kg on FM (12wks 3days)
4) Jules - baby Natalie - 6.18 on FM
5) Kaye - baby Claire - 6kg on FM (3mth 1 week++)
6) Ueno - baby Leroy - 6kg on BM (3mth 1 week++)
7)Poissons - baby Garreth - 6.5kg on FM (2 mths 2 wks) Gosh! I think he is overweight!!
8) baby40 - baby Nicole : 5.1kg on BM (11weeks)
9) michviv - baby Ethan: 8kg on BM (12 weeks)
10) Plim - baby Bevis - 5.2kg on BM (11weeks)
11) Tinkabel - baby matthias - 6.07kg on BM (2 mths 3 weeks and 6 days)
12) S@L - baby Mischa - 6.9kg on BM (2mth 3wks)
13) Yami - baby Kaelyn - 6.6kg on FM (3mths)
14) Superhappymum - baby YongWei - 6.9kg on BM & FM (3 months )
15) Beloved_daughter-baby Matthias - 6.5kg on FM & BM (3months 1wks)
16) Skyeskye - baby Eliza - 5.9kg on BM (9wks)
17) Catherine - baby Jovan - 6.7kg on BM (mostly) & FM (bedtime) (2mths 2wks 4days)
18) Cindy - baby travis - 6kg on FM and BM (13 weeks)
19) fanny - baby cayenne - 5.5kg on FM (10 wks)
20) Jadefeet - baby Ethan =- 7 kg on FM (10 wks 4 days)
21) Sowie - baby Jaeanne - 7kg on BM (2mths 1wk)
22) Joey - baby Javier - 6kg on BM (11weeks)
23) Adelinechew - baby Amber - 7.1kg on FM ( 3mths )
24) yoko - baby Jordan - 6.78kg on FM (3mths and 2 days)
25) winwin - baby carrie - 5.6kg o FM (3 months)
26) efynn - baby xuan - 7.3kg on BM & FM (3 mth)
27) nov1mom - baby tailoong - 6.35 kg on BM & FM (3mths)
28) gemini19 - baby ying ching - 6.9 kg on FM (3 mths)
29) fushiastar - baby Luke - 6.1 kg on BM (10wks)
30) dokiesim - baby brayden - 7 kg on BM (3 mths)

catherine & plim
thanks on the detailed post on expressing milk at work
happy.gif
after reading other mummies & yr post, i think i'll wash and then scald with hot water instead of using the sterilizing tablets..smells rubbery after that. and i don't really like it.

mummies, how long do u usually spend expressing milk in the office? cos i take about 1/2hr..and i express twice a day...kinda paishe i take so much time off work to do that.

Eliza wishes all the mummies & baby friends Happy CNY!

1246545.jpg

re: cradle cap
i found the most effective way is to apply olive oil and comb it away but gotta have patience and it takes time...sometimes if i take too long my Eliza gets cranky, even tho initially she looks like she's enjoying it. i used the mustela one and tho it improved, it took too long. and i'm not sure if it's itchy for her cos she'll be waving her hands to her head and when i rub her head she seems to stop. 6-8months too long and i don't 'comb' it away well enough, it keeps coming back..so i let my mil 'comb' it away for her and it's lots better now
happy.gif

Hi Yoko, thanks for advice! Heard same thing from friends too.

Mommies, can your BBs sleep with noise in the house e.g. people talking, phone ringing, etc.? I go to my MIL place every day & they put the sarong in the living / dining area. I've got to keep swinging my daughter in the sarong cos she wakes whenever there's people taking or walking around. Also, there's construction nearby. Is it alright to let BB sleep in quiet environment (not total quietness)? I heard some say not good cos BB will not get used to noise but I feel very unproductive swinging her every time
sad.gif

summer, i use avent's baby body & hair wash, just put 2-3 drops into the tub, no need to rinse. the 400ml is more economical.

langlao3,
nopz, the mustela one i have is some cream for cradle cap. i got the olive oil from my PD, i actually asked her if i can use the olive oil that is used for cooking

G Tan,
my gynae also did a pap smear for me

olivetree,
thanks! i'll go check it out
happy.gif

Re:cradle cap
After much thought, decided to have another try at removing matt's cradle cap. The last time I thought I have removed most of it, but then I just realised these 2 days, there is new patch at a new area. Sigh... Just soaked his head with johnson baby oil. Will bathe him tomorrow and see how. Hopefully can get rid within 2-3 tries.

i actually use the extra virgin oil for cooking ;p to remove baby kaira's cradle cap...it kinda works...cos obviously lesser now
happy.gif

Back