(2007/11) November MTBs

Michviv, serious ah.... Me really scared leh... The last round, i need to feed Claire ibuprofen was when she had rosela... Now thinking shd i bring her to polyclinic or PD for the MMR liao...
 


I juz called G's PD yday and the nurse told me MMR should be given at 15mths onwards, not 14mths..is that true? I have scheduled him for the jab next month instead.
 
michviv
thanks for the warning!
C will be taking hers next month.
so at least this CNY, she can enjoy herself first and hopefully, get over the episode she had last evening with her pneumo jab #2!
 
Re: MMR
I was actually thinkg of postponing this to after 2.5 years old, as I heard this jab might be related to autuism. But I asked both PD in Singapore and SH. They both say not related. Now, I am in a dilemma. Cos PD here act wanted to do the jab for Matt at 13 months but then I delayed it. So she said do at 15 months. Wonder if I can find another reason to delay. Hmmm...
 
wahsss, michviv:: Sure ma, u see u scaring all of us hahaha! Travis also scheduled for this on feb4th. After CNY.. hehe sian looks like must get ourselves prepared.. Must plan when to take the jab so he can still go for playdays on sat ley!
 
Gelyn: Panadol is for fever (anything above 37.5) and ibuprofen is for high fever (anything above 38.5). Its best to get ibuprofen from the doctor when you go for the jab so that they can tell you how much to give as its dosed by weight.

k@ye: immunization fever is different from baby actually falling sick, they are just a little cranky (esp at night!) But otherwise ok. Ethan still ate very well during his meals and was still his active self.

Poissons: haha...its really up to you. Theoretically, it can be given anytime from 1-2 years according to the product specifications. But 14-15 months is usually recommended as the immune system is mature enough as live viruses are involved. Had to ask my hubby's permission to give so early. Ethan had 2 jabs on the same day (Pneumo jab + MMR). One hand, one thigh. Poor thing!

Kitty: Was it bad? I know that pneumo jab is more painful than usual. Even the nurses feel so sad when they give that jab.

Tinkabel: There are rumours of this but no studies conducted have managed to demonstrate that this link exists. Don't delay too long cos there are serious complications when children get mumps even though rare. 15 months is ok. =)
 
Cindy: No la babe. Just want to make sure you all are prepared cos it can be quite xiong. I was all happy thinking it was ok cos Ethan was fine after the jab. Who knew that the fever only came 1 week later! But the good news is that not everyone gets fever but it is still quite common.

Can Travis drink medicines guai guai from the spoon? If not, better standby syringes to shoot medicine in. =) Funny thing is that becos we take his temperature so often, Ethan loves to sit down and let his daddy take his temperature. So when Daddy says "Good, no fever", he will clap his hands and say good! haha.
 
Tinkabel: I just remembered that its all the more important that Matt gets immunized cos the last thing you want is for him to get Rubella cos a woman infected with rubella during her first trimester has an 85 percent chance of having a baby with congenital rubella syndrome (CRS), which can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and severe birth defects, including deafness, blindness, and heart and brain defects.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_rubella-german-measles_11386.bc
 
michviv, one of my friends only let her daughter take after 3 years old. So I am wondering if I should do the same. Or at least after 2 years old. Sigh...
 
Michviv,
haha..Ethan is such a good boy, G should learn from him. I didn't want to bring him for the MMR jab this month cos' it's so close to CNY, but somehow we noticed that he has some slight fever since last night, most prob due to teething. Btw, he has learnt to recognise Dog, so when we asked him Dog? He goes "woof woof"...so cute!
 
michviv:: yes i do agree ethan is a good boy! he's like ueno's leroy. hehe very well brought up. T hates taking temp, forehead, ear, armpit, anything stuck to him, he will want to remove it. Hahaha!! Is the MMR jab on the butt? gooosh, the last pneuno jab on the butt is a pain. he hates to be forced lying down... okies, then i will just hope he doesn't get that fever then haha. FINGERS crossed. but either ways, it's definitely gg to be after CNY. and yes we got a few syringes at home for him to drink medicine. haha. spoon can do also but to prevent spillage and leakage, still syringes function better. ahah.

poissons:: HAHA!! G is soo cute! hope he's feeling better now eh?
 
Poissons, Cindy: Thanks for your kind words. =) G is so clever can say "woof woof". Ethan has yet to master what the dog or cat says yet. But he has a whole repertoire of other animal sounds, you ask him on Saturday okie? hehehe. Hope G's fever goes away soon. He has so many teeth already! Now more coming out?

T is the funniest boy! I always laugh when you relate his stories. Eh, for jabs,only BCG was given on the butt, other than that all on thigh or arm leh...maybe you try the thigh next time, see if its easier.
 
Mumps cause boys to be infertile.
happy.gif


So smart to say "woof²" when G sees doggy. Claire will say "woof²" whenever she sees soft toys or animals! *Faints*
 
k@ye: at least Claire still can make some animal sound wor~.. C still eheheh... hmmhmmhmm all the way.. now new sound.. sound like 'oink oink' with her tounge licking up kind.. pengz~

no wonder she is a little piggy.. haha
 
tinkabel & michviv:
Ya. I also heard that will cause autism. And the other time was talking to dreamer and she was suggesting that maybe can ask PD whether can take the 3 jabs separately to lessen the effect. I will be bringing Isaac for MMR when he is 15 month. So I seek PD's advice before taking it.

Think also must give egg before MMR.

k@ye:
Are u sure Mumps will cause boys to be fertile..aiyo... give jab also headach, dun give also headach...
 
hi mummies, i'm thinking of slowing weaning baby A off breastmilk.
My mum heard on the radio that goatmilk is good. Any mummies giving their babies goatmilk formula? any comments?
 
Tinkabel,

I agree with Rachel, there are reports of MMR being linked to autism. The medical professions and Pharmaceuticals like to keep it all hush hush and rubbish all the reports as nonsense. But there is a lot of debate over the topic and it is highly controversial. MMR is a powerful vaccination so some parents have opted to have separate injections instead of having the single jab. I remember when the debate first started, all the parents rushed to get their separate jabs from the GP in UK which resulted in a shortage of supplies and as a result, those that couldn't get the 3 single jabs didn't bother to immunise at all.

Personally, I wouldn't want to take the risk so I would insist on the separate jabs.

However, considering how fast news travel and how well informed Singaporean parents are, I was surprised that this particular topic has not been raised in the media or that many forums.(maybe I keep missing it)

Rachel, I have never heard about giving egg before MMR?
 
gloomybear,
goatmilk is YUK!!!

I think ppl only give goat's milk if their child is allergic to cow's milk. I have heard of many ppl trying goats milk only to make hasty U-turn.


lazykat,
Just want to let you know that Luis is also a late teeth developer. He sprouted his first tooth when he was 1yrs old and they were also his canine teeth. As a result he looked exactly like a baby vampire...we attempted to take a photo of the little grinning vampire but failed miserably.
He is still botak!
 
gloomybear:yes hayley is on KARIHOME and so far so good she gets constipated when she take those regular japanese cow's milk......so......fro my experience goat milk is better,u can even order fresh ones online they do delivery service
happy.gif
 
plumsource,
hey when u mention giving separate jabs, how long in between should we do it? Just need to space out the jabs just in case. I asked both my PD in Singapore and SH but both say it is not related, but I am still skeptical. So although my PD in SH sugg to give Matt at 13 months, I declined.
 
Plumsource: I understand how you feel. I have a close friend who feels the same way. Guess its the decision to take as a parent on what is best for your kids. =) But you are right about the controversy, though sad to say, it has resulted in epidemics in the UK as a result of the lack of immunization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMR_vaccine_controversy

Tinkabel: It really is up to you. But it is after all a scheduled immunization in the Singapore health booklet.

Rachel C: You're right about egg and MMR becos the vaccine is made from eggs! So anyone with egg allergy can't take it so its best that you give your kid eggs first to see if they are allergic to eggs.
 
Rachel, its true.
happy.gif
Mumps cause boys to be infertile... Hehe, that's y MMR very impt!

Coz last time, me and sis kena Mumps, our family doc is worried that my bro will get it... He told my Mum to separate my bro from the rest of us coz of this issue. My family doc was a PD by training.
 
On constipation again, aiya... Me very headache now lah.... My Mum told me that Claire poo blood again!!! She suspects its the milk powder....

I told my Mum to give Claire fresh milk first lah... My nanny suggested that i change her FM to Friso.. Now hearing Weishy's statement, i think just gotta change to goat's milk liao.....
 
cindy,
thanks for the compliments!

re: MMR

i was thinking of spacing out the jabs too but my PD is not comfortable with the rubella n mumps jabs we have in Sin so most likely i will go for the 3-1. She told me that fever will come 5-10days after MMR and not immediately.
 
MissA, okie... Mabbe i shd give that a try!

Psst, who has the same PD as me har? Claire is seeing Dr Irene Chan at ikids (Paragon).
 
Hi Mummies,

Kicia (6weeks old) is coughing. Heard that its futile to bring her to PD as she is too young for medication.

Any idea if I can do anything?
 
Pig, r u breastfeeding her? Could it be due to something in ur diet?

If not, then water & more water for her!
happy.gif
 
Hi K@ye,

Its dry cough that we have observed. Yes.. BF-ing. I have been watching my diet for the past 2 days ever since I have heard her coughing on and off.

Since she is taking BM, then wont require to feed her water right?

Just wondering if its also becos the weather been really bad and many people falling ill.
 
Pig, did she cry excessively also? Sometimes cry too much => throat dry => coughing.

Yalor, since u BF her... No pt to give her water also.
 
Hi K@ye,

Bo lei.. she didnt cry. When we heard her coughing, she could be sleeping or awake. Meantime we are observing her and no wheezing or breathing difficulty. Just dry cough on and off.

Will probably walk-in to KKH kids clinic tomorrow.
 
Dreamer, Poochi,
glad u gals hv a gd time today at fidgets. I couldnt go as ZY down with diarrhoea. PD says she has symptoms like a stomach flu so tummy has a lot of wind + sound. She has been hving watery poo for past few days but turn worse last nite.

And I switch her to soy based milk, isomil (Abbott), so many bubbles! But at least she still drinks.

Gelyn,
the main branch at Tanglin Mall - cos a gal fren might wanna sign up, so wanted to join in for fun for a day. But depending on her condition, may or may not go tmr.

Plumsource,
I manage to get pics of her vampire teeth, cos 2 more sprouting by now but it means a gap in the front tooth which is still not out yet.

Pig,
hope kicia recovers, i also dun wanna give too much medi unless absolutely necessary.
 
lazykat: Poor ZY. Hope she gets well soon. Diarrhoea is not fun at all. E had diarrhoea after we came back from bangkok last July. Took 1 week to clear up. Oh, and I thought ZY was on NAN? How come you switched to Isomil?
 
lazykat,
hope ZY gets better soon.
let her drink more water too ya, diarrhoea can dehydrate her fast too.

pig07
poor kicia, so young oredi dry cough!
good to let the PD have a look at her 1st, but dun worry, i'm sure she'll be fine soon.

michviv
shd be painful lor coz C cried big tears and almost 'no sound' type of cry... so ke lian lah. and she grabbed to her dad so tightly during the jab, turned her face to the other direction (sounds just like me coz i'm also 1 scaredycat when it comes to taking jabs! :D )

my PD said MMR taken at 15months and even mentioned Chicken Pox Vaccine - it's optional but she recommends to take it coz now seems like the Pox season is in again.

my receptionist' son just got it - so i had to avoid her at all cost, in case the germ spread to me; may harm the baby lor.
 
Michviv,
cos soy based better when they hving diarrhoea, else lactose intolerant mah.. will switch back when her diarrhoea clears. Her milk intake drops, only finished 120ml earlier, but at least she takes her normal amt for porridge.

I also rather she kena constipation than diaarhoea, her anus area now red fr all the poo (cos acidic) - prob cant take her chicken pox as planned, cos its next Mon.

Tinkabel,
i guess there are always different school of thoughts, no matter what u decision is, let's hope its the best for Matt.
 
kittybride: Aiyo, I saw the pics of Chloe during her PD visit. So very ke lian...=( Think she is traumatised now.

lazykat: Orrrr...like that ah. I just give milk as normal plus rehydration salts, pedialyte. But Ethan refused to drink so hubby had to syringe him. Ya, dun think can take jab now leh.
 
Brought Ash to the GP and asked abt MMR. He says better give at 15 mth. I asked if I can take after 24 mths, he says I'll be committing a crime, seems like sg law is to take b4 baby turns 24 mths.

Ashlee can say dog and 2 days ago she started to say cat
happy.gif
Now she can differentiate flower from leaves.

lazykat, I also feel like bringing A for kindermusik but they dun have the right time slots for us during the weekends. Hugs to "ZY", hope she get well soon.

cindy, finally I saw the pinnacle!! It's opp everton park whr we had dinner this evening. Quite a hugh project and gd area to stay too, lucky you!

dreamer, poochi, glad you had fun at fidgets, so sad cant go today.
 
Weishy, no need to call up for sample. We bought the goat milk liao! I told my Mum if Claire drinks the goat milk also constipated, its none of FM problem but Claire's problem for refusing to poo.

Kat, that time i gave Claire Isomil to drink for diahorrea... She simply refuse to drink coz not nice... So for ZY case, it might be the same.
 
cactusnah, miss me ah! ??? hehehe ya me been really swamped with work...been making hairclips every single day as well as helping my hb with his yr end paperwork- GOSH!. dun even hv time to come in and 'peep' at the convos here....I miss catching up with all of u too.

Anywayz jus a quick update, Mischa finally willinging started to walk unassisted and FAST since last week. She started to take her first few unassisted steps aft her Birthday, but still preferred to crawl most of the time. Now she will walk ard the house, and thats so cute.
this her latest pic:
2059854.jpg


Cindy, ur nt due yet hor? coming to ur orders very very soon!
 
missA haha glad u think that that is a good area to stay in! my hubby keep complaining we made a bad choice cause there got many pubs and many 'ji1 liao2' - hahah....

kaye:: let us know what princess C reacts to the milk!

mischa's mommy:: haha NOT YET la. where got so fast. haha still got about 1.5,months or so to go. hahah take your time la, even after delivery also can. i no hurry you de.

Me back at work for meeting today, then mon start sch liao. Sooo sian. Monster T seems to know I can't accompany him anymore. Keep crying last night for no reason and this morning, wake up at 630am! GAH!
 
Cindy, i also complain abt Redhill area even though its very near town... HEhe...

Ms Claire seems to like the taste of the goat's milk leh. Keeping my fingers crossed that it wont be so heaty... but its really expensive... She really has ATAS taste.

Mischa Mummy, she is SO CUTE!! Where u get her shoes from! Pretty Mischa! *Muaks*
 
Bubbles in Gain IQ:
I realised that I mixed the FM with Childlife Colostrum Powder, there will be no more bubbles. Not even a single one
happy.gif
 
mischa's mommy: I want to order some more clips from you leh.. let me know when u have finished ur current orders then I start ordering.. haha
 



Back
Top