(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

magoo (magoo) : keith , me and hubby were also praying for her outside to be strong. luckily the locksmith was an experience one and she was in there for just 2 mins.
happy.gif

arisz (arisz) : the lock of my room door spoilt and couldnt be opened , hazel was sleeping when we found out and quickly call locksmith!
happy.gif

JustMe (highvolt) : she is a rather strong gal , i think she got over it le . she could be left alone in the room yty.

Hi Mummies!

Anybody brought their kids to see dentist yet?

I was reading the first visit should be somewhere between 1-2 years old. Does anyone know of a good dentist for children?

angel, is the part 1 bday party still on? i am sorry that i have to withdraw cos my hubby actually made plans for us to travel with him over the long weekend liao. so so sorry! if need to pay the $9 let me knoe k? i still hope the other babies can have their mcdonalds party!

Sep Babies 2 Yr Old Birthday Bash - Part One
Date & Time: 10 August 2009 Monday @ 1pm-2.30pm
Cost: $9/child + cake (TBC)

1) angel2baby + jade + ryan + daddy + helper?
2) Emily + Edison + helper
3) Florence + Hazel + Keith + helper
4) arisz + tristan + helper
5) Poohwei+ En En + helper + Baby + daddy?
6) totoro_bb + kelly (tentative

Hi All,

I'm a Sept 07 mummy whom has lost touch with this forum for the loooooooongeest time and am now dying to get reconnected.

I'm Sherry and my daughter Shania will be happy to be able to get to know all of you better
happy.gif

(All mums should have a strong army of networks ;p)

magoo (magoo) : haha , but it's a working weekend for me !
sad.gif
sat at roadshow funan and sun at volkswagen!
sad.gif
but enjoy ur weekends with ur bao beis!
happy.gif
have fun

Florence,
Me also working tml.. but half day.. hee..

Although u work on weekends, but u dun work everyday during weekday rit?
So still can spend time wif ur bao beis too!!
hee..

hi mummies,
just like to double check, are we having two baby bash? one at the King Albert Park on 10th Aug and the other at Kallang Leisure Park on 22th Aug?

anyone mummies staying at tampines and attending the 10th Aug party? Can lobang cab there together
happy.gif
..email me, can?

angel, thanx for remembering me..haha..coz seldom post here..just wana confirm are you the one whom we met at the Goodwood park hotel gathering?

Sep Babies 2 Yr Old Birthday Bash - Part One
Date & Time: 10 August 2009 Monday @ 1pm-2.30pm
Cost: $9/child + cake (TBC)

1) angel2baby + jade + ryan + daddy + helper?
2) Emily + Edison + helper
3) Florence + Hazel + Keith + helper
4) arisz + tristan + helper
5) Poohwei+ En En + helper + Baby + daddy?
6) totoro_bb + kelly (tentative)
7) yoki + kayla (tentative)

Hi mummies,
Just got back from Genting! We had so much fun at the indoor theme park...think we will be making yearly trips there! Kekeke! But will never stay at FWH again...raeched there at 12pm on Friday and waited 3 hours to check in, and they had no more cots available by the time we got into our room. Wanted to book in advance but they don't allow. Then I asked them for an extra bed, also dun have...then asked for extra blanket so that I can lay the blanket on the floor...also ran out. Asked for extra bath towels also ran out. And they didn't have any face or bath towels to change for 2 days! Was really dissappointed.

Hi yoki,
Yes I was at Goodwood park gathering. Were you there too?
happy.gif
That was really long long ago! Hahaha....goodness.....That gathering brings back bad memories...coz me, Bena, Funny and a few other mummies got v bad food poisoning after that and we had to stop bF! Grrr...

nate,
No worries..No need to pay anything. Actually I think we may need to cancel the Bash at Macs. Even if you come...dun think we can meet the min pax of 12 kids. Hope you have a good holiday!
happy.gif

Re McDonalds Birthday Bash on Aug 10th - Any other mummies interested in joining us??? Hope we can meet the min of 12 kids....now only got 7...and out of which 2 tentative. I need to make deposit for the party room by 4th Aug so hope more mummies can join us.

Hi Sherry,
Welcome to the thread
happy.gif
Will you like to join us for the gatherings?

Mummies, any idea where can I get 8oz type of milk powder containers ? Those pigeon stack up types are too small

Pillow: I think the Munchkin one will do the trick. they have 2sizes. The bigger one also with 3 compartments, can hold much more milk powder, snacks etc...

hi atinarin, i tried that. but some of the FM will spill over to another compartment when you pour. i kinda prefer the stackup ones....

Pillow: I have been using Munchkin since my girl was a newborn, the trick is that there is a sort of locking mechanism, u need to turn until it feels tight then u can open and pour out. Heh not sure how to explain properly la.

Say I fill the four sections to the brim, lock the container. Open one slot to pour out. Its pours out fine but to get to the bottom portion, you have to shake it to get it out. When shaking, I notice the FM from the other sections will kinda "flow" in. How many ounce do you put? Coz with 7 oz of FM, I have to be very careful otherwise will spill

i put in 6oz max
Try holding the cover and container hard against each other while knocking the remnants out...
alternatively can try lock and lock? they have smaller versions as well as round ones.

wise,
me today super busy!!
I m on mc due to headache but in the end, need to go fetch my mum n my auntie n uncle from Bedok reservoir n together sent them to Yishun, my 3rd auntie's place.. My 3rd auntie passed away in the afternoon!!
so it was chaotic n now I m home looking after my kids n my sis is with my mum at auntie's place.(to take care of my mum)..
haiz..

mag,

so u be at home taking care of your children tommorrow also?

take care and try to rest more tonight..if your hubby at home ask him to take care of mayvis and ayden

Pillow, you can try the brand Farlin. I'm using that. It is the stack up kind and can hold more milk powder, bigger than Pigeon.

Mag, take care! I'm so busy at work....

And guess what....my &%*#&$#*$ new maid don't want to work again!!! Think i'm a lousy employer la...and I have no luck with maid! Arggggggg.........

magoo,
Take care...

arisz,
Alamak not again!?! What happened to this one? So fast dun wan to work liao?

Anyway, now maids also like to choose employers!! Because we have babies most of them dun wan...coz got alot of washing, cleaning, sleep late, and no time for themselves. Somemore if got old folks around they lagi dun like! My maid told me she met alot of transfer maids at the agency while she was there and they all tell her they hope to find employer with school going children and FTWMs so that they got nothing to do in the day.

pillow,
I got a winnie the poo stack up kind from Kiddy Palace...very big can put 7oz. Btw, I'm also using the munchkin type containers and put 7oz. Don't have any problem with leaks. Is it because you maybe never turn the cover until it clicks into the groove? Sometimes I also never turn properly so the powder comes out from the next compartment.

Re Birthday Bash at MacDonalds on Aug 10th, sad to say it will be cancelled as we can't meet the min. no. required. See you all at the Aug 22nd bash!

happy.gif
Sep Babies 2nd Birthday Bash!
happy.gif

Date & Time: 22 August 2009 @ 10.30am-1.30pm
Cost: Entrance fee is $8 for kids under 2 + cupcake ard $3)
Note: Parents/kids MUST wear socks to enter.

1) angel2baby + jade + baby + hubby + helper?
2) Irene + jerald
3) rxsti + ariel
4) totoro_bb + kelly
5) Florence + Keith + Hazel + Helper
6) nateM + nate
7) magoo + ayden

All mummies welcome to join us!

Hi arisz,
Phil maids tend to choose employer... maybe you can try to change to Indon or Myanmar maids...
happy.gif

I start to get worried too cos my current maid's contract will expire in April next year... I'm scared to hire a new one too...

Wise,
I m working today!!
Will be on leave on friday for my auntie's funeral.
My hubby is out of town.. I have no one to help me.. u want to help me?? haha

arisz, angel
Thanks..

Arisz,
Ur maid gives u problem again??? Alamak..
my sister's friend is a maid agent, so far the maids she introduce to my family all work well..
If u need the contact, sms me, k??
Hey... Ashton huh??? haha

Angel
just saw that Monday Mac was cancelled. Was just about to post that we can make it! Nevermind still have the 2nd bash!!

Hi Everyone ...

hehe , my maid has improve alot now that the kids are in childcare. she is doing her chores at home and my mum's place as she feels lonely alone at home and goes to my mum's in the morning. Also less temperamental le.

She say now hazel go childcare , she already miss her , dont know she go home how.

I also feel that the house is so quiet without my two devils. I am looking for a new job now. 5 days work week with weekends off. mummy is also encouraging me to give me the tots of having another maid , but get a part time one instead.

still thnking if i can handle two alone when i go out.
happy.gif
have till oct to decide.

arisz (arisz) : aiyo , nowadays really diff to get good maids le.
sad.gif
my friend's maid also work less than 2 weeks say kid miss her and keep crying for her. wanna go back home.
sad.gif
headache ah!

Advice needed

Nate just started 2 hour playschool yesterday. we talked to him about it and prep him about it for some time. he was ok alone for 15mins and was excited about starting school. after 15 mins started crying liao. my mum went in to keep him company. today, he was reluctant to go to school but i managed to talk him into it. i stayed with him throughout the class but stayed a distance from him. he will always check if i'm there and if he looked the wrong corner and see mummy not there he will burst into tears. faint! i could see his naughty horns growing already. the last 30mins he was jumping around the class but he will still cry if he doesn't see me.

Any advice what i should do for day 3? I thought of just leaving him there and let him cry it out. what do you mummies think? my mum teared when i told her just leave him there. make me feel like i very bad leh... so any experienced mums out there can share?

Mag,

u send ayden and mayvis here to play with clara lar...let them tired themselves out then they 3 all can sleeps well...

Wise,
Tot Clara in childcare?? How to play with her??
Moreover now, Ayden SUPER SUPER naughty n cheeky...very hard to handle him.

mag,

me take her of cc for one day lor...Clara also cheeky...i take out "cane" before i do anything she cry first.....wahahaha

Wise,
Wow.. dun want la.. waste ur money leh..
For me, I take out cane, my Ayden also bo chap..
everytime when he naughty, I would say " jie jie, give me the cane." And Ayden would run the 1st one to my room n got me the cane!!! Faintz..

NateM,
I think Nate is going thr the separation anxiety..
Last time my girl also like tat when we sent her for her MMI school..
But for me, I m a bit tough, I left her there n I went off.. even though she was crying.. haha.. bad mummy me!!
But after one or two days later, she back to normal le...

mag,

must be u never really cane him before isit? Clara got cane by daddy and mummy before...

I think all our child have grown so much,they are getting more cheeky and always wants to make their point known....

Alo!

Any mummies here trying for 2nd or 3rd kid soon or already trying? Now that Caelen is coming to 2, I feel like trying for another so that the gap would be 3 yrs.

Topic: Discipline
It seems that the mummies here are talking about discipline so let's start a new topic? Discipline is also something on my mind ALOT now that our kids are really starting to understand things and testing boundaries. I am keen to try the 'naughty chair' method but hubby feels that Caelen would not be able to understand it. He also feels that kids at 2 yrs are still unable to control their own emotions so a time out would not be useful. Any suggestions please? I don't really want to resort to canning yet (although I bought a cane already ;p)

peapod, i started the cane with nate when he turned 12 months. i let him know that misbehaviour will have a consequence. now i just have to mention the cane can already and he will obey.

mag, i will tell my mum to just leave him there also and pray for the best. does your girl fear going back to school after that? hope that he can be ok by end of the week.

Hi Peapod,
A few of us have given birth this yr. Now, with #2, i am thinking of #3 liao. The joy of seeing #2 smile at me really melts my heart. Plus En En is so sweet n adorable if she does not throw tantrum.

Hmm..Did i hear "Ashton?" or "Alton" sounds better...hehehe =P

nateM,

No.. My girl d not have any fear after a good cry.
U can ask ur mum to leave Nate the teacher Nate feels comfortable with... Then tat will be easier.. Hope this help u..

nate,
Ya just leave him there...say goodbye and say you will be back later to pick him. Let the teachers handle him from there. All children will go thru this separation anxiety when they first start school so the teachers know what to do. I know its really heartbreaking to turn away from them when they cry but you have to 'harden' your heart and just go. Coz if you linger around longer it will just take longer for them to adjust.

nateM : I remember when keith first went to childcare, he cried for 2 weeks or so. but his teacher told me , he would only cry for a while and after that he plays well with his firends.
happy.gif

I accompanied keith for the first two days only. then after that it's " one hug ,one kiss" and then goodbye , see you soon!
happy.gif

hehe ...

for hazel , she cried on and off for the first day of school but when when i bring her to school again on the 2nd day , it seems better than yty. she could sleep more and cry less. I guess give nate alittle more time and he is be fine.
happy.gif

Angel, Emily, Mag, Florence, think I suay la, always employ the wrong maid. Or maybe I'm not a good employer either. My maid complained tiring and she don't want to go my parents in law place. She is super unhappy that my mil told me that sometimes in the afternoon, she watched tv for an hour or so.

Anyway, I also don't want her already coz she juz can't click with Tristan. He disliked her and always don't want her, I guess coz she always give him 'black' face or show that she is impatient with him.

Peapod,
3 years is a good age gap! Go for it!
happy.gif

Re discipline:
Actually time outs or naughty corners are recommended for toddlers. I don't really want to use the cane on my children too...unless they are really naughty next time then I suppose I will use cane as the last resort. But every child is different...so I suppose we need to try different methods and see what works.

Jade so far not that naughty, she will still listen to me. When she misbehaves, like hitting and biting her didi, snatching toys from other ppl or when she throws her food/toys on the floor, I give her warning first and if she still does it, I put her in the 'naughty corner'. I started when she was 18 mths old. Initially she thinks its a game and will run and laugh as she walks to the naughty corner....but after a few times she realise its not funny liao and so far it works well...most of the time I just mention naughty corner and she will behave liao. But I only put her there for 1-2 minutes at most...the recommended time is 1 minute for every year they are.

Her school also practice 'time outs' when the children misbehave so I guess its good she gets the same kind of discipline at home.

totoro_bb,
Yeah see you at the 2nd bash!!
happy.gif
Looking forward to Peekaboo....the playscape looks happening!
happy.gif

Mag, thanks! But think I stick to my agency coz I paid the maid loan/salary for 6 months already, can't afford to lose that.

Mag, Poohwei, what Ashton...or Alton... or Aston - the steak? Yummy! Hehe...
happy.gif

nateM, don't worry. It is just a phase. I also feel lousy and feel like I'm a bad mummy when I left my boy at childcare even though he was wailing loudly. I guess most of us went through this phase when we sent our child to playgroup or childcare.

Arisz,
If she tired ask her to nap in the afternoon instead of watching TV! And why is she impatient with Tristan? She only here a few weeks and already like that...something is definetely wrong with her. Most maids only let their true colours come out after a few months! Dun bother to keep her since she got no heart to work. If I were you I will send her back to agent liao.

Back