(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

while everyone else is moving on to having extra help, and/or placing kids in playgroup/childcare centres, I am doing the opposite.

i had taken sarah out of childcare cos, my hubby can't take it paying so much anymore. 600 per month is a huge sum coming from a single-income family like ours. Hubby made this very difficult decision becos, he doesnt want me to over-exhaust myself plus he said sarah is happier in school. but i insist i want to take care of my own 2 kids while i can.

after 2 long days with just the 2 kids; although i am beat; i can see that sarah is becoming more matured. well of course, i see the occasional whingy and fussiness esp, when i can't leave the yaolan to see to her wants. Sarah has somehow learn to help me take care of her didi. she started to read/sing and play with johan. she will also try to calm crying didi when he cries. fetching stuff for me is another way she helps me around the house.

for now, its early to say how this will affect her well-being, but at least i can see she's bonding with didi and most importantly she's spending time with me. with the new baby, and she in childcare not long ago, sarah was a very temperamental girl. probably cos, mummy seldom entertained her. =(

poohwei,
#3?? wow, aren't you ambitious! hehe. go for it gal!

peapod,
i think 3 years is a good gap. by then caelen would like to please you more then to disobey you. well..that's what i read in a book. kids after their terrible 2 syndrome will resurface as wonderful pleasers...haha...can't wait for sarah to turn 3!!

justme
I'm sure you will have a lot of quality time with the 2 kids at home.

Cane
I actually walked into a shop and wanted to buy one last sunday but they don't sell! What kind of shop sell cane now? Don't seem to be able to find it!

Justme, your kids will enjoy quality time with you. i guess once you have a routine for the kids, things will fall into place.

bearing in mind, it's only particular to city countries like Singapore to start school so early. and that's mostly due to the fact that parents are working full time.

i feel it is perfectly fine for the kids to bond with their family at home as well and start school at a later age.

Hi Arisz,
Oh, I also agree with you to change the maid.. We r the employer, we pay them money.. we shdn't be tolerating all their nonsense.

Hi Pooh Wei,
Wow! you r realli ambitious lor... 'pei fu'.. I'm still building up my courage to try for #2 next year...

justme
i hope you're right that they turn better at 3 my gal is very terrible always scream & cry so loudly when she doesn't get what she wants. seems like she can't control herself....

<font color="119911">Hi mummies,

Long time no 'see' been reading but nv post

If mummies are still keen to party on the 10th, I can use my company Kid Fit Club for Free. There are drawing activities, japanese clayart activities (chargabe for material) got balloon sculpting etc. THere are Wii Fit in the room too. Let me know if you are keen, I can talk to my boss about it. The location is at Tampines One (new shopping mall) Amore Living. </font>

totoro, u make a trip to fernvale point supermarket got sell cane but don't tell kelly it's aunty natem tell you in case she hates me.
hope you don't need to use it! girls usually more kwai than boys!

justme, dunno if you would consider sending sara to playschool too? it may give you a 2 hour breather plus social interaction for her and it costs much lesser.

i will tell my mum to just leave nate there. thanks for your advice!!

NateM,

Ryann cry for good 2 weeks when he started, now he run to the door and wave bye bye to us without looking back.
Just leave him there after a while he will realize that your mum will be there to fetch him after class.

Phoebe
Din know Amore now going into kid biz too. I don't mind Tampines if the 10 Sept is still on. Angel???

nateM
Thanks, I shall asked my hb to drive us there to buy the cane. She like a tom boy leh!!

I am okies on the 10th if it's in the afternoon!
happy.gif
hehe

arisz,
Talking abt western food, I found this restaurant really called "Ashton" selling cheap n considered good western food...
The portion not very big but enought for me!!
The steak costs less than $15 n comes with 2 side dish.. hee..
Think they have many outlets now..

Hi Phoebe!
Great thanks for offering your location. I'm ok on Aug 10th too! So what time will the place be available? Lets see who else interested
happy.gif

Sep Babies 2nd Birthday Bash Part One -
Time: TBA

1) angel2baby - AM/PM ok
2) florence - PM only

Angel,
No prob on that. We will be the first group of people celebrating our kids bday in the Kid fit club. Actually that is one of the future plans we want to offer to our clients but since we are having the birthday bash might as well be the first. If mummies dun mind, i can ask my boss if can use the company camera for our event then got free photograph taking. But maybe they might use our pics in the club for awareness later on.

Cost: just for food i think. We need to order cake right? do you all need some finger food?

Sep Babies 2nd Birthday Bash Part One -

1) angel2baby - AM/PM ok
2) florence - PM only
3) Phoebe and Ryann - AM/Pm ok

magoo,
I join you liao...my hubby left last night..I also mad woman today. Do you have a helper at home or inlaws that stay with you? How you manage 2?

Angel,
I have no one to help me!! haha..
Every morning, will send them to my sis' place and bring them back at night after work..
How I handle them huh??
I let them both go n do wat they want but of course I oversee them..
Let them mess and when reach bed time, get them to clean up their mess, prepare them for milk n bed lor.. After them sleep then is my own time! :p

Wise,
thank you.. but I worry Ayden will turn ur place into a big mess!!

mag,

my house is already messy with one Clara...so i dun mind Ayden adding on the mess....wahahaha....I miss Ayden so so much le...i want to see him..

nate was left alone for the 1st time today. my mum heard him crying for the whole session though the teacher said they he did stop for a while. then my mum started to cry saying that my son cry until become 'sha' (confused) already. then she asked my boy if he hates popo and my boy nodded. then my mum cries even more cos she says my boy hates her. i have to deal with 2 person crying now! Faintz!!!

Thanks so much for your advice. it's really reassuring and encouraging.

nateM,

why not u take leave to bring Nate Nate to sch instead of letting ur mum bring...so at least u are only dealing with one crying and not two....And i think Nate Nate is to young to understand the word HATE bah...your mum too sensitive le

nateM,
Ur mum must be very "sayang" ur boy!!
Think grandparents all the same one..

Btw, saw u ordered for the twilight turtle.
D u get urs ??

Mag,
You make it sound so easy leh. Is it easier now that they are older?

Wise,
Clara really grown up liao...looks so matured now!

Angel,
Is not easy la.. but maybe becos I used to handling them alone almost every month will have a week, thus, I "numb" liao.. haha..
To be frank, I rather they are babies.. so much easier to handle compared to now..

mag,

u season mummy le..so can handle them alone...

angel.

with this haircut she looks more mature...got pple think that she is 3 yrs old...wahahaha..

nate,
Hehee..your mother also cry ah..actually she sure will feel sad coz its her grandson. I also cried the first few days when Jade went to school...she cried non-stop from morning till I pick her up at 5pm everyday for 2 weeks....cry until sore throat and eyes swollen. Her voice become very hoarse. Then at night wake up crying a few times.

But dun worry....the first few weeks is transition period...after that they will be very happy to go school and play with their friends!!
happy.gif
Jade also now say bye bye to me also dun have liao...just run into school! The teachers say some kids from 1st day never cry...then some cry for 1 month! It depends on individual.

Here's Jade and Ryan in their new stroller

2774887.jpg

Angel, Emily, I send her to agent ytday and they really scolded her upside down. Anyway conclusion is even agent ask me to change maid. They couldn't tolerate the attitude that she gave them also. So once again, i'm now trying to choose maid again...

nateM, don't worry. Like what they mentioned your boy will soon be used to it. My mil also cried when she sent my boy to childcare and when he was crying...They too sayang their grandson la. Initially I also feel very heartless but hubby reassure me he will be alright. Anyway now according to my mil, he still cried a little but settle down after a while.

mag, I know...coz I ate before leh...hehe...the coffeeshop near my pil's place also have. Aston have restaurants and also those coffeeshop stalls.
happy.gif

Sep Babies 2nd Birthday Bash Part One - 10th Aug Mon

1) angel2baby - AM/PM ok
2) florence - PM only
4) arisz - PM (prefer late afternoon to evening if possible)

Hi Phoebe,
I don't mind the photos being used for Amore's promotions...after all we are using your venue for free! Cannot complain right?
happy.gif
But can request that the photographer just take pics of the kids? Coz I think mummies and daddies won't want their pics on your ads! Hahhaa...

Re food/cake, I think we should have a cake since its a birthday bash right? Hehehe!
happy.gif
But finger foods maybe not necessary. What do other mummies say?

Arisz, Wise,
Yeah time flies hor...I wish I can slow it down! Everyday passes so fast and seeing them progress to toddlers is really amazing!
happy.gif

Sep Babies 2nd Birthday Bash Part One - 10th Aug Mon

1) angel2baby - AM/PM ok
2) florence - PM only
4) arisz - PM (prefer late afternoon to evening if possible)
5) Poohwei (AM (not 8am hehe)/ PM ok

2775411.jpg

Little Chang En

2775412.jpg

Little Chang Xuan @ 2 mths old

Hi angel,

You are the first person to say she looks like precious moment character
happy.gif
Think its the hairstyle.

Btw mummies, I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here but wanted to encourage all to take part in a online photo contest. The top prize is $1000 cash. Just have to post a family photo and a short writeup on how you place family as number 1 priority.

The website is www.ufamily.org.sg/award

angel!
i love your kids chubbiness!! if there is such a word...haha...
eh, your ryan can fight with sister when she's tat age...thunder thighs!! simply adorable the picture...i dunno if i should get this tandem kind of stroller....cos, sarah likes to poke johan's eyes...maybe cos, his eyes super big..haha

wiselyn,
great idea as it seems more colourful with pictures in forums..and wat's a better way then to post our darlings' pic!

all the toddlers are so cute!

pillow, angel, totoro,
thanks for the words of encouragement.

natem,
yup i am looking into that. =) its different having peers her age to mix around with. definitely do her good.

Morning mummies!

For those interested in Rasa Sentosa Resort, they are currently running a 50% promo during stay for 15 Aug - 15 Sep on Accommodation, F&amp;B, Laundry &amp; rental of non-motorised water sports equipment. Call 62351666 for reservation.

hi mummies

looking at the toddlers' pictures is a great way to start the day
happy.gif

Here're caelen's. I put him in the high chair to take passport photo (thanks to suggestions here from mummies). The first few shots were good but his mood changed like the weather... all in the space of 15mins. This is like a sequence of events hee...

2777199.jpg
2777200.jpg
2777201.jpg

Voice,
I booked mine for this coming 8th August leh..
Aiya...

Peapod,
he looks so cute n handsome... haha...
the pictures can make into story..

Back